Ireland v West Indies | Group B | WC'11 | Mohali | 11/03/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rate has gone to 7.6. They need to keep the strike rotation. No need for slogging yet.

Need to start getting 6-8 runs per over very soon.

O'brien isn't likely to score a big one here. Joyce is the main man here.

With Wilson going big, Ireland have two settled batsmen on the crease capable of slogging now. Good sign for them.

Wilson is hitting it. Good strategy by Ireland letting one guy to just go on the offensive and the backbone to stay back.

Joyce needs to get 130 or so, then there's a chance.

what an innings this is from Gary Wilson too. Take a bow.

joyce must get this 100 , good oppertunity should not do like pollard did

Last edited:
Pollard seems to a real threat this WC. Although so far he has only scored against "minnows".

What a figure

Batsmen Runs B 4s 6s SR
Gary Wilson (rhb) 55 55 5 1 100.00

84 off 57 with a powerplay in the bag is definitely on

contrary to popular PakPassion belief, the WI bowling looks terrible

That was outside the line and UDRS upholds it!!! Do they think he has not played a shot?

An Asoka De Silva special

Seriously he needs to be removed from umpiring he is completely inept.

Legendary umpiring! Umpire of the Year material.

I really do hope Ashoka is on the ICC Elite Panel.

Umm...what the hell happened there?!

Also LOL @ Gavaskar's ridiculous attempts at trying to justify the horrific decision. There is too much doubt as to whether he was or he wasn't playing a shot. The impact was clearly outside the line, should have been over-turned

Last edited:
Only way that can be justified is if he didn't play a shot. Some would say he did, some would disapprove of him having the bat behind the pad. Shame Ireland have been screwed out of a chance of winning by shoddy on-field umpiring though...

Commentators say Ashocker reckoned the batsman was not offering a shot o_O

lol Ashocka :))), Go UDRS its your birthday we gonna party like its your birthday gonna sip bacardi like its your birthday..... UDRS MY A** GET RID OF THIS FILTH, COME ON BCCI KILL THIS THING...

UDRS can't help you if Asoka doesn't know the rules.

Anyone remember the story about Asoka complaining of unfair treatment because he and a few other Sri Lankan umpires failed the written tests?

UDRS can't help you if Asoka doesn't know the rules.
Anyone remember the story about Asoka complaining of unfair treatment because he and a few other Sri Lankan umpires failed the written tests?

What I have saying for a long time now, UDRS wont eliminate human incompetance so no need for it...

Someone give the deejay an iTunes gift card.

Seems like all he has is a Bollywood CrapMix, and a sample CD of Ads and Jingles with a Caribbean theme. 'Hot Hot Hot'

lol Ashocka :))), Go UDRS its your birthday we gonna party like its your birthday gonna sip bacardi like its your birthday..... UDRS MY A** GET RID OF THIS FILTH, COME ON BCCI KILL THIS THING...

What I have saying for a long time now, UDRS wont eliminate human incompetance so no need for it...

Typical reaction, exactly the same as the CricIndfo commies, and no surprises.

What the UDRS did was make it simple for Ashocka to reach the correct decision, him being incompetent is not the fault of technology. Moreso the ICC's for keeping this buffoon on the ICC panel of Umpires.

In many ways the use of UDRS has cofirmed what many PPers have been seeing for a long time ie likes of Harper and now Ashocka are not fit to officiate at this level

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back