Is it constitutional for Ali Amin Gandapur to ban Governor Faisal Karim Kundi from entering K-P house?

Is it constitutional for Ali Amin Gandapur to ban Governer Faisal Karim Kundi from the K-P House?

• Total voters

FearlessRoar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
In the recent disagreement between Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) Chief Minister Ali Amin Gandapur and K-P Governor Faisal Karim Kundi, there's a big question: Can a Chief Minister stop a Governor from staying somewhere?

Both leaders have important jobs in the province. The Chief Minister runs the government, while the Governor represents the whole province.

The Chief Minister said Governor Kundi can't stay at a place called the K-P House. He thinks it's more important for government people to stay there.

But Governor Kundi disagrees. He thinks everyone, including him, should have the right to stay there.

While they argue, let's not forget they're not just leaders; they're people too. They have families and communities they care about.

In this disagreement, let's try to understand each other. It's not just about rules; it's about finding a solution that works for everyone and makes things better for the people they serve.

I think Gandapur sahab is bit overreacting he need to realise that he is the CM of a province not a Godfather.

He should focus more on his performance rather than what governor should be doing.

Well done Gandapur. This is a criminal appointed by an illegal govt and its puppeteers
i think gandapur should counter him politically rather than this jagga daku style saying "Oyai Jagirdaraaaa" because this way he will only damage the reputation of PTI nothing more than that.

Governor Khyber Pakhtunkhwa's letter to the Chief Minister, offering to work together

Governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Faisal Karim Kundi, has written a letter to Chief Minister Ali Amin Gandapur, offering to work together. In the letter, the governor expresses concern over the failure to appoint vice-chancellors in the province's universities.

He notes that students are facing various problems, including administrative and financial issues, in the universities. The governor also mentions that the court has taken notice of the Information and Technology University of Bannu's operation without a registrar or vice-chancellor. The Governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa urges the Chief Minister to collaborate to secure the future of the youth.

Geo News

KP governor calls on PM; political, provincial matters discussed​

Governor of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Faisal Karim Kundi on Thursday called on Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif here wherein they discussed the matters related to the KP province and the overall political situation.

The governor appreciated the prime minister for his government’s pro-business and investment policies which led to an enhanced investment in the country.

In the meeting, they also discussed the issues facing the KP province and their durable solution.

Commerce Minister Ahad Khan Cheema and Advisor to PM on Political Affairs Rana Sanaullah also attended the meeting.

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Faisal Karim Kundi Saturday expressed willingness to talk with the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) if party apologises for past mistakes

"We are ready to talk if PTI apologises for past mistakes. The party should play its role in the Parliament, nothing will be gained by making noise," said the governor addressing a press conference in Lahore today.

The KP governor's statement comes after PTI continues its tirade against the ruling government in Islamabad and the spat between KP government and Centre pertaining to dues owed to the province.

However, after a “meaningful” dialogue with Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi, the two sides resolved the issues between them, agreeing to work together for public relief.

The governor, on the other hand, maintained that he does not want tension between the provincial government and the Governor House in KP. "The Governor House of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa will not be part of any conspiracy."

He also invited KP Chief Minister Ali Amin Gandapur to his office to sit together for development and peace in the province.

"I will play the role of a bridge between the Centre and province," said the governor, adding that he has also spoken about KP's problems with Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif.

Commenting on the issues faced by KP and the provincial government's complaints towards Islamabad, Governor Kundi said he asked CM Gandapur to go to the federal government and convey the problems, as that will help find a solution.

"I told KP chief minister to talk to the federal government with arguments. If this behavior continues in the future, they will solve the problem," he said.

Kundi said he was hopeful that the federal government will resolve KP's issues. "KP CM earlier used such language that did not solve the problem."

The KP governor said he was ready to talk to all the parties in the province for its development, peace and prosperity. "Political people should sit with political parties and solve the problems."

Sharing his opinion on the consequences of the May 9 riots, Governor Kundi said that all the accused of the violent-ridden event should be brought to justice.

"The accused of May 9 should be punished. The mastermind of May 9 tragedy should be brought to justice first," he said during the presser today.

Source: Geo News

Gandapur once again has meltdown about Governor Kundi

Chief Minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Ali Amin Gandapur once again used ugly words while lashing out at Governor KP Faisal Karim Kundi during talks with journalists saying, “You [Kundi] yourself are a thief, so is your leader. To hell with your alliance.”

“He [Kundi] has crossed the limits many times and uses my name often so I call out his name and he gets some views on TikTok,” exclaimed the CM KP.

Gandapur used uncouth language during the tirade against the PPP leader and stated, “You’re worth nothing, I can kick you out of the Governor House today.”

Once again he threats

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

K-P CM threatens to expel Kundi from Governor House​

After a brief hiatus, the tug of war between Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa’s chief minister and governor reignited on Wednesday as Ali Amin Khan Gandapur fired a blistering broadside at Faisal Karim Kundi, who belongs to the PPP, a key member of the governing coalition.

“The federal government is so incompetent that it cannot even prepare the budget,” Gandapur said while speaking to media persons on the occasion of the inauguration of a feeder route of the Peshawar Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) in Peshawar. He rebuked Kundi, calling him a thief, who “cannot be my relative”. “Tomorrow I will expel him from the Governor’s House,” Gandapur told reporters. “The governor is a thief and his leader is also a thief. Tell the nation on what basis Bilawal got admission to Oxford [University],” he added.

Gandapur said that the federal government was looking for excuses to become a “political martyr” but “we will not let them become political martyrs”.

Responding to a question, he said that it was ignoble of the federal government to exclude K-P’s development projects from the Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP). “This fake government imposed upon the country is continuously doing injustice to us,” he charged.

“But let me make it clear to them that the people and government of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa know how to wrest their rights. Development projects are a right of our people. These should be reinstated immediately. If not, get ready for Duma Dum Mast Qalandar (a term for forceful protests).”

Gandapur, who heads the PTI government in K-P, believes that it is not a difficult task for them “to send this illegitimate [federal] government home,” stressing that the party has the mandate and support of the 240 million people of Pakistan.

K-P Governor Kundi accuses CM Gandapur of murder​

Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Governor Faisal Karim Kundi has made serious allegations against Chief Minister Ali Amin Gandapur, claiming he is involved in the murder of a provincial minister and other political figures.

In an interview with a private radio channel on Thursday, Governor Kundi criticised Gandapur, stating, "What can you expect from a chief minister who is an accused murderer?" He elaborated that Gandapur faces charges related to the murder of his own provincial minister and has also been accused of involvement in the killing of a political figure in Dera Ismail Khan.

"Such a chief minister cannot be expected to deliver good governance," Kundi remarked. "Yet, it is somewhat amusing to hear his statements. It shows that he is feeling the pressure, so let him speak."

Kundi also referred to Gandapur's comments about having the power to "switch on and off" the government, responding cryptically, "I have a button which, once turned off, will not turn on again. I will reveal what this button is at the right time."

Taking a jab at Gandapur's mental state, Kundi suggested, "If the chief minister is suffering from depression, he should seek medication for it rather than fearing me."

Governor Kundi emphasised his commitment to democracy and his long-standing position against turning "political orphans" into martyrs. "I belong to a party that believes in democracy," he said. "I have always maintained that I will never let political orphans become political martyrs."

"They are trying to become political martyrs, but I will thwart their attempts," he added.

Kundi criticises CM for using foul language

Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (K-P) Governor Faisal Karim Kundi has criticised Chief Minister Ali Amin Gandapur who he said was forced to use foul language against him in order to safeguard his position in his party.

During a conversation with the media at a sports event in Islamabad, Kundi said, “I told the Chief Minister of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa to speak with reason. The matter of the Special Investment Facilitation Council (SIFC) was resolved through reason and arguments. I am grateful to him for attempting to work with reason”.

The Governor said using foul language was a necessity for the K-P CM as he was simply securing his job and position by doing so.

Challenging the Chief Minister, he said he was prepared to debate him publicly on any channel of his choice.

Kundi also stated that he had written a letter to the Chief Minister to inform him that 26 K-P universities did not have Vice-Chancellors (VCs) and had urged him to address the issue, adding that, although appointments of six acting VCs had been made, they had been made illegally.

He also said that he wanted to tell the Chief Justice that, in the case regarding the Vice Chancellors in the Supreme Court, K-P’s lawyer had made a false statement and that no summary for the appointment of any VC had reached him, adding that whenever such a summary arrived, he would not delay signing it.

The Governor further said that the PTI wanted Vice Chancellors hailing from the party to be appointed, adding that there was a university in every district at every one of which political recruitments had been made.

He said social media’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and the real Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province were totally different entities.

EXPRESS TRIBUNE

KP Govt lied with Supreme Court over VCs appointment: Kundi​

Governor Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has said that the provincial government lied with the Supreme Court over appointments of vice chancellors, Ary News reported on Sunday.

“The dancing horses could not run in race field”, talking to media, KP governor quipped.

He said the leadership and workers of all political parties can visit the governor house adding that the People’s Party’s leadership will openly visit governor house.

Governor announced to constitute a task force soon for resolving the province’s problems.

Governor said that politics has been the business of a cool mind, and one should not be swept away by emotions.

He suggested that the lands of the province should be used for farming to curb terrorism.

Governor Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Faisal Karim Kundi on Friday called on Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif in Islamabad

The meeting discussed the matters related to the development of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif said the federal government would provide utmost assistance and resources for the welfare of the people of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Earlier, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Ali Amin Gandapur warned Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif’s administration of severe consequences if it did not bring power outages down to a maximum of 12 hours.

“I am telling Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif the last time to give Khyber Pakhtunkhwa its due,” Chief Minister Ali Amin Gandapur said on Wednesday.

“Firstly, I want the money of the province to be paid to us, if not paid, we will inform the IMF that they are getting money in our name but don’t pay it to us,” KP CM said.

He said, “It is my warning to the prime minister that you are forcing us to push your government out of power”. “I know, how to expel you out of power. You could not bear it. No one could prevent us from taking our due rights,” he declared.

KP CM Gandapur sends defamation notice to governor Kundi

As per details, the notice demanded the Governor to retract his statement and apologize for claiming that the chief minister had signed the draft of Operation Istehkam Pakistan in the Apex Committee meeting.

The notice stated that the Governor had made this statement on TV and if the Governor does not apologize, he will have to pay a fine of Rs 1000 million.

Earlier, Ali Amin Gandapur called to convene an All Parties Conference (APC) to discuss Operation Istehkam Pakistan, address the current situation and foster peace in the region.

It is pertinent to mention here that the war of words intensified between Ali Amin Gandapur and newly-appointed Governor Faisal Karim Kundi, with the former threatening to block latter’s grant.

The altercation appeared to have started after CM Ali Amin Gandapur, while addressing a public gathering, threatened to occupy the governor’s house if the governor’s rule was imposed in the province.

The chief minister said he was not afraid of the governor’s rule in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. However, if it was imposed, the people would occupy both the Governor’s House and CM House as only people’s rule is permissible in the province.

Responding to the Gandapur’s statement, Faisal Karim Kundi said he knew how to protect the Governor’s House if Gandapur attacked it.

“If you try to occupy the Governor House, come and try it, but you will be dragged through the streets.” He claimed that he has experience in handling the political hooligans.

KP govt not serious about maintaining law and order, insists governor

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Faisal Karim Kundi has complained that the provincial government is not taking necessary steps to address the pressing issues of the residents, including the deteriorating law and order situation.

“Soon after assuming office, I met the leadership of all political parties and asked them to work together for our province’s rights. However, the provincial government has failed to fulfil its responsibilities and appears not serious about resolving the issues and maintaining law and order,” Mr Kundi told opposition members of the provincial assembly over a dinner meeting at the Governor’s House here on Wednesday night.

The lawmakers, including the Leader of the Opposition in the assembly Dr Ibadullah, Ahmad Karim Kundi, Arbab Usman, Malik Tariq Awan, Sajjadullah Khan, Adnan Wazir, Qari Zahir Khalil, Jalal Khan, Rehana Ismail, Shehla Bano, Riaz Shaheen, Ehsanullah Khan, Rishad Khan and Ijaz Khan, discussed the overall political, economic and security situation in the province with the governor, according to an official statement issued by the Governor’s Secretariat on Thursday.

The visitors voiced concern about the “deteriorating” law and order situation in the province, especially the recent militant attacks, and incidents of violence, extortion, and kidnappings for ransom in Bannu, Dera Ismail Khan and Kurram districts.

They complained that the provincial government failed to get even a single project for the province included in the federal government’s public sector development programme and said the opposition would collectively prepare development projects before securing their approval from the federal government.

The lawmakers insisted that the provincial government was unfairly spending the development funds allocated for the merged tribal districts “somewhere else.”

They called for the development of the tribal districts.

The MPAs also complained against the federal and provincial bureaucrats, who, according to them, are not taking “interest in people’s welfare.”

The governor assured them that he would play his role in resolving their issues with the bureaucracy. He said that government officers should consult with the people’s elected representatives to resolve issues facing their voters.

“This province belongs to all of us, so we all have to perform our duties diligently for its development,” he said.

Mr Kundi said that the national and provincial disaster management authorities should prepare themselves to protect public life and property during the monsoon period.

Meanwhile, the governor visited the Pakistan Peoples Party’s Secretariat on Thursday and told reporters that a jirga comprising “political elders” was being formed to highlight the issue of nonpayment of the province’s hydel profit dues by the federal government.

He said that he would invite the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf for being part of the jirga but it was unlikely to accept the offer.

Mr Kundi said that the provincial government should have taken all political parties on board before addressing the issue.

He called for land demarcation in the merged tribal districts and urged the federal and provincial governments to ensure the early yet effective resolution of the Kurram land dispute.

DAWN

Anyways, unless Pakistan's Governor -CM relation is vastly different from India, How on earth can a CM threaten a governor? Governor is the constitutional head of state, all state laws and everything are passed in his name. CM cannot have such controls over the governor. Am I missing something in this dynamics?

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor says provincial government has lost its writ​

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Faisal Karim Kundi has stated that the provnicial government has lost its writ.

Speaking to the media after visiting Iqbal Academy Pakistan in Lahore, Kundi said, "We cannot change our neighbours, but we can improve the situation. The federal government must call an All Parties Conference (APC) on the situation in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The events of May 9 were acts of treason that should not be compromised on, but after a year in jail, crocodile tears are being shed."

He added that the province is currently in dire conditions, grappling with terrorism and extremism, and attacks on the army and police are occurring..

"The government's authority in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has ceased. We handed over a peaceful province to the PTI in 2013, but they have since restored the killers of APS children."

Kundi further criticised the PTI government, alleging its primary objective is looting, with even its own ministers speaking about corruption, and claimed that the Chief Minister is afraid of provincial assembly sessions.

Pakistan's Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa has recently seen an uptick in violence, including target killings and militant attacks.

Earlier on Monday, a motorcycle-borne bomb attack in Razmak subdivision of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa's North Waziristan district killed at least four people and injured eight others.

Addressing a Cabinet Meeting called over the overall security and lawn and order situation in the country, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif reiterated the government's resolve to end terrorism in Pakistan, promising to provide the military with all necessary resources to combat the threat.

The premier declared, “There is no room for terrorism. The time has come to end it. We will provide the military with whatever resources it needs.

Source: The Express Tribune

KP governor accuses CM of ‘massive’ corruption

Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Faisal Kareem Kundi on Thursday alleged that Chief Minister Ali Amin Gandapur was involved in massive corruption in the province.

He also insisted that the chief minister couldn’t obtain a vote of confidence from the provincial assembly.

“Ministers are quitting the cabinet over the chief minister’s corruption and favouritism, so if asked, he won’t be able to get a trust vote from fellow lawmakers,” Mr Kundi told reporters here after attending Hazara University’s 14th convocation.

The governor alleged that the chief minister was involved in “bidding” for posting and transfer orders and after reports about it emerged, he formed committees to cover it up.

He said that the ruling PTI was rudderless and considered the once rival JUI-F its saviour.

“The PTI leaders are holding political dialogue with JUI-F chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman considering him to be their saviour in the current political situation without taking their provincial president and the chief minister on board,” he said.

Mr Kundi said that he was ready to resign if the party leadership wanted to replace him with a representative of Mr Fazl.

He accused the PTI government of failing to maintain law and order and criticised it over the presence of militants.

The governor also complained that local body members from the ruling party were baton-charged and tear-gassed during a peaceful protest in Peshawar.

Earlier at the convocation, Kundi urged educated youth to leverage their knowledge to address the country’s socioeconomic challenges and embrace the era of artificial intelligence to advance the nation.

“You are the future of our nation, so you should utilise your abilities and potential to help the country progress,” he told young students.

Vice Chancellor Dr Mohsan Nawaz said that Hazara University was providing quality education through its 32 departments.

He said degrees were given away to over 600 students with 90 golden medals awarded for academic excellence.

Meanwhile, a graduate carried the Palestinian flag and a portrait of Iranian leader Ayatollah Khomeini onto the stage to receive his degree when his name was announced.

He shouted slogans for Palestine and against Israel and the US.

When guards tried to stop him, the governor intervened and called the graduate over.

DAWN NEWS

Back