Is Misbah-ul-Haq, the answer to our Test woes?

Why ‘must’ he be from Karachi? What are you trying to imply?
I mean I could tell without googling it that he's from Karachi. No way you are going to back players from anywhere else to lead Pak side.
I know why you hate Rizwan so much.

I mean I could tell without googling it that he's from Karachi. No way you are going to back players from anywhere else to lead Pak side.
I know why you hate Rizwan so much.
Because I’m racist against KPK players?

I am not sure about that. Rizwan replaced Sarfaraz of Karachi
Asif Ali is from Karachi too? You guys didn’t let me hear the end of that did you? So why have your prejudice about me altered too?

He himself is one of the slowest and most frustrating batters to watch and you want him to teach the team power hitting to improve SR?
Not approach or other technique but purely power hitting balance and technique in white ball.

Not approach or other technique but purely power hitting balance and technique in white ball.
Misbah has strength, is a tall man, and has a powerful backfoot.

His ability to clear the rope of a spinner is not applicable to Rizwan or Babar who neither have the power or backfoot balance to do so.

The best person who could have taught them on six hitting was yousaf who was and still is one of the most technically efficient batsmen to ever grace the game.

His head position, Feet movement, timing and stroke play could have helped pakistan however he couldn't function as a batting coach in this current set up for obvious reasons, Mickey was auccesful in his first stint but a failure in his 2nd.

Even Kristen has done zilch.

The problem is people are blaming the coaches like gilspie, Yousaf, Kristen, mickey and many others but haven't questioned why mickey a medicore coach not on the level of Kristen was more successful then those 2 in his first stint.

People want Misbah back but trust me it's an even worse take.

This whole set up under yousaf wasn't even willing to improve their six hitting or heck even try to as they all Babar especially proclaimed he is a t20 anchorer and 4 and 6 are not needed, singles and doubles to the job.

So what can the coach even do?

Misbah has strength, is a tall man, and has a powerful backfoot.

His ability to clear the rope of a spinner is not applicable to Rizwan or Babar who neither have the power or backfoot balance to do so.

The best person who could have taught them on six hitting was yousaf who was and still is one of the most technically efficient batsmen to ever grace the game.

His head position, Feet movement, timing and stroke play could have helped pakistan however he couldn't function as a batting coach in this current set up for obvious reasons, Mickey was auccesful in his first stint but a failure in his 2nd.

Even Kristen has done zilch.

The problem is people are blaming the coaches like gilspie, Yousaf, Kristen, mickey and many others but haven't questioned why mickey a medicore coach not on the level of Kristen was more successful then those 2 in his first stint.

People want Misbah back but trust me it's an even worse take.

This whole set up under yousaf wasn't even willing to improve their six hitting or heck even try to as they all Babar especially proclaimed he is a t20 anchorer and 4 and 6 are not needed, singles and doubles to the job.

So what can the coach even do?

Fair enough: Yusuf is definitely more well rounded than Misbah as a batter. However I am not sure of his man-management skills to be a coach.

Fair enough: Yusuf is definitely more well rounded than Misbah as a batter. However I am not sure of his man-management skills to be a coach.
He was a batting coach during 2024 t20 wc, but again he can't do anything.

He held practise sessions to improve six hitting and sessions to improve technique. But it did nothing because the current set up won't listen.

This is the same set up that went to a mall the day before the India game while India was in nets practising.

Like bro, go to the mall at night? Use the morning to train against your arch rival? Had hoti hai.

Step 1 is to improve the pitches obviously. Any brain dead moron would know that you're literally feeding into Indian ego's?

They won't come anyway but the least you could do, is show the rest of the planet that your pitch is capable of hosting a tournament.

This pitch is a phatta wicket, not only is it unsuitable for test, but 90% youngsters play on these types of pitches. No wonder the talent pool is next to dead and theirs a major loss of fc cricket. Why would pacers wanna play fc here and why would batters improve when they pitches prevent then from learning how to play basic seam and spin? Pur entire team cannot handle seam or spin?

Ramiz raja caused this damage, Use your 55M to fix it rather then having the audacity to claim that you can host an international tournament when you can't even get proper seats. Imagine asking people to pay 200,000 pkr to sit on wooden concrete haha.
Pakistan brought in an Australian curator which didnt help. What more can they do? Perhaps get someone from India?

I think we spend too much time blaming the pitch which was the same for both sides.

Pakistan brought in an Australian curator which didnt help. What more can they do? Perhaps get someone from India?

I think we spend too much time blaming the pitch which was the same for both sides.
Come off it mate.

Bangladesh beat us and every other team beats us at home den because their use to their own difficult tracks, hence when they play on our soil, it's easy for them but normal or standard for us. They just have an easier time.

Amd the pitch was conpletly unsuitable for Test cricket. It was a draw, Pakistan just bumbled as usual, otherwise it was road of a pitch with the exception of the first 5 to 10 overs of day 1.

Come off it mate.

Bangladesh beat us and every other team beats us at home den because their use to their own difficult tracks, hence when they play on our soil, it's easy for them but normal or standard for us. They just have an easier time.

Amd the pitch was conpletly unsuitable for Test cricket. It was a draw, Pakistan just bumbled as usual, otherwise it was road of a pitch with the exception of the first 5 to 10 overs of day 1.
How can the pitch be unsuitable when there was a result on 5th day?

Pakistan Test record at home (Including UAE)
Under Misbah ul Haq's Captaincy
Series Played : 9
Won : 5
Lost : 0
After Misbah's retirement (15 May 2017 to 4 Sep 2019)
Series Played : 3
Won : 1
Lost : 2
Misbah's Coaching tenure (4 Sep 2019 to Sep 2021)
Series Played : 3
Won : 3
Lost : 0
After Misbah's Coaching tenure (Oct 2021 to Aug 2024)
Series Played : 4
Won : 0
Lost : 2
Misbah is answer to each and every question about Pakistan cricket.

Whoever has the intelligence to understand, and also have the guts to make it clear to PCB that a 28 averaging failure like Masood doesn’t belong in the team let alone captain would be the answer to our woes.

Be it Misbah, Gillespie or someone new. What will it take for Pakistan cricket to realize that Masood is rubbish and simply not good enough?

As far as Misbah is concerned, whatever you say about him, he produced results in Test cricket apart from Australia and South Africa which was a bridge too far for Pakistan cricket in terms of resources.

He did something everywhere else and there were quite a few poor players in those teams as well. It is easy to give credit to Younis but Younis had plenty of lean patches as well where he would go missing for 90% of the series.

Clearly, Misbah did a good job as Test captain. I’m not sure if he can turn around things around now because we have hit rock bottom in terms of talent but at least Misbah can devise a strategy in terms of team combination and also influence the type of pitches that we should produce.

As far as Masood is concerned, we have to remember that Masood never got a permanent spot in the team both when Misbah was captain and coach, so it shows that Misbah is probably one of the few in Pakistan cricket who can look past his English and understand that he is not good enough.

He was able to keep him out as much as he could in spite of his father’s influence.

Misbah is not afraid of making some tough calls like quickly removing Sarfraz in 2019 when he realized that he was going nowhere. If Misbah is back, there is a strong chance he might kick out Masood once and for all.

I definitely support the idea of Misbah rejoining the Test setup if that is what it takes for Pakistan cricket to be finally liberated of Masood’s mediocrity.

As far as Misbah is concerned, whatever you say about him, he produced results in Test cricket apart from Australia and South Africa which was a bridge too far for Pakistan cricket in terms of resources.

He did something everywhere else and there were quite a few poor players in those teams as well. It is easy to give credit to Younis but Younis had plenty of lean patches as well where he would go missing for 90% of the series.

Clearly, Misbah did a good job as Test captain. I’m not sure if he can turn around things around now because we have hit rock bottom in terms of talent but at least Misbah can devise a strategy in terms of team combination and also influence the type of pitches that we should produce.

As far as Masood is concerned, we have to remember that Masood never got a permanent spot in the team both when Misbah was captain and coach, so it shows that Misbah is probably one of the few in Pakistan cricket who can look past his English and understand that he is not good enough.

He was able to keep him out as much as he could in spite of his father’s influence.

Misbah is not afraid of making some tough calls like quickly removing Sarfraz in 2019 when he realized that he was going nowhere. If Misbah is back, there is a strong chance he might kick out Masood once and for all.

I definitely support the idea of Misbah rejoining the Test setup if that is what it takes for Pakistan cricket to be finally liberated of Masood’s mediocrity.
Yes, and the moment Misbah makes the tough decision to drop Babar…we will see you change your tone.

Yes, and the moment Misbah makes the tough decision to drop Babar…we will see you change your tone.
He won't, at best he'll make rizwan captain, but Misbah won't drop Babar as a batsmen. Doing that would be admitting he was wrong about the combo and ik misbah, Dude is way too arrogant to admit mistakes.

In 2015 WC he was pressured ny management and pcb and insane heat and hate from Pakistan community to drop Nasir jamshed once and for all and remove the gloves from Umar Akmal.

If Misbah wanted, we'd have another abrar situation where satfi wouldn't ever get to play. The dude tried everything,

Set up sarfi to fail in the aussie odi series by sending him to open thinking he'd fail against such a scary attack, when satfi thrived above the rest he shoved him to no 7 agaiat sri lanka next series and used the fact that sarfi barely batted as him loosing form.

Then he dropped him entirely but was pressured by management to take an actual keeper to the cup. Once he knew the jamshed drama cannot keep up, he sent sarfi hoping that the results would the same but it wasn't the case.

Afterwards despite being told that sarfi is now the natural successor, his ego could not handle it and he choose azhar Ali a guy who hadn't even played odi for 4 years, Afterwards when misbah came back the sole reason he made azhar captain for a while was out of spite to convince the world he was right back then and had he been coach alongside azhar things would have been different

Dude is the definition of an ego head. His sole interviews on Kya mein chockei nahi Marta and I didn't ask the right handers to bat left show he's no different from Shan Masood however he doesn't let his anger come out that much, Dude can control it a bit

He won't, at best he'll make rizwan captain, but Misbah won't drop Babar as a batsmen. Doing that would be admitting he was wrong about the combo and ik misbah, Dude is way too arrogant to admit mistakes.

In 2015 WC he was pressured ny management and pcb and insane heat and hate from Pakistan community to drop Nasir jamshed once and for all and remove the gloves from Umar Akmal.

If Misbah wanted, we'd have another abrar situation where satfi wouldn't ever get to play. The dude tried everything,

Set up sarfi to fail in the aussie odi series by sending him to open thinking he'd fail against such a scary attack, when satfi thrived above the rest he shoved him to no 7 agaiat sri lanka next series and used the fact that sarfi barely batted as him loosing form.

Then he dropped him entirely but was pressured by management to take an actual keeper to the cup. Once he knew the jamshed drama cannot keep up, he sent sarfi hoping that the results would the same but it wasn't the case.

Afterwards despite being told that sarfi is now the natural successor, his ego could not handle it and he choose azhar Ali a guy who hadn't even played odi for 4 years, Afterwards when misbah came back the sole reason he made azhar captain for a while was out of spite to convince the world he was right back then and had he been coach alongside azhar things would have been different

Dude is the definition of an ego head. His sole interviews on Kya mein chockei nahi Marta and I didn't ask the right handers to bat left show he's no different from Shan Masood however he doesn't let his anger come out that much, Dude can control it a bit
I’m alluding to the fact that this guy talks the big game about ‘Misbah isn’t afraid to make tough decisions like drop Sarfaraz’

Well, the realistic decision he has to make is remove a guy that clearly isn’t deserving a spot in the side (Babar Azam), the moment that happens….I’m pretty sure Javed Afridi will send out a new script for this man to read out

I've always maintained my original stance and I have never deviated from it.

Babar is not some tail ender that people like to treat him as, but people need to start waking up now.

Babar when he made his debut reminded me a bit of Mohammad yousaf aka a consistent accumulator. The difference was that Unlike yousaf as evident from 10 of his 15 centuries being not outs and each of them resulting in wins for pakistan, Yousaf would stay and stick till the end and would be the one to get Pakistan over the line.

This was a key element missing from.bobby's batting as the only 5x time he has scored a century against tough opposition, Pakistan has lost 3 od their games and against sa pakistan had to rely on tail enders to get them over the line, Babar vanished left pak in a crippled state.

Only NZ game counts jn which heavy lifting was done by haris sohail.

I always thought is Babar was to reach the level of yousaf, he needs to improve his play against spin and develop the not out take to the end mentality of Yousaf.

However come 2022, Dude has a dad bod and is complete failure in all forms of the game, he regressed and unlike our past legends, he regressed at 29 which is his supposed prime.

But the delusion of him being world class on par with worldly batsmen is hilarious, he was never close, it's a farse and a massive con by ramiz raja.

As I said bobby is a bootleg yousaf in his prime, one that can't win you games or play spin like yousaf cam and now he's a tail ender plain and simple

Misbah could somewhat control his emotions as a player and he does have an understanding of what you need to do in home Tests, though he did lean on some big names and it’s a shame his ego never allowed him to share the plaudits with his team mates. However, he has no long term vision, as a coach his decision making revolved around answering his critics with mind boggling tactics, he has no awareness of how to develop talent and quiet frankly, in his life after retirement; his strategies and politics have proven to be catastrophic for Pakistan cricket and his hiring would be a huge step back. I wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. Am sure there other options in Pakistan besides Misbah, Waqar and Ramiz in the instance the management was replaced; these idiots loved to give some mouth, but did nothing from within the set-up, the issues are more deep rooted then a simple hire & fire job, and these blokes should certainly not be leading any activities to improve Pakistan Cricket.

Misbah could somewhat control his emotions as a player and he does have an understanding of what you need to do in home Tests, though he did lean on some big names and it’s a shame his ego never allowed him to share the plaudits with his team mates. However, he has no long term vision, as a coach his decision making revolved around answering his critics with mind boggling tactics, he has no awareness of how to develop talent and quiet frankly, in his life after retirement; his strategies and politics have proven to be catastrophic for Pakistan cricket and his hiring would be a huge step back. I wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. Am sure there other options in Pakistan besides Misbah, Waqar and Ramiz in the instance the management was replaced; these idiots loved to give some mouth, but did nothing from within the set-up, the issues are more deep rooted then a simple hire & fire job, and these blokes should certainly not be leading any activities to improve Pakistan Cricket.
Perfectly said.

In the TV studio, Misbah is the most level headed individual and says all the right things like we cannot compromise on fitness or we must select players on basis of domestic performances etc.

But when in the hotseat, he loses his mind and compromises his principles. Suddenly fitness be damned as Azam Khan makes his debut. Domestic stats are thrown out of window as Musa Khan is debuted in Australia despite avg of 68 with ball in QEA Trophy.

Perfectly said.

In the TV studio, Misbah is the most level headed individual and says all the right things like we cannot compromise on fitness or we must select players on basis of domestic performances etc.

But when in the hotseat, he loses his mind and compromises his principles. Suddenly fitness be damned as Azam Khan makes his debut. Domestic stats are thrown out of window as Musa Khan is debuted in Australia despite avg of 68 with ball in QEA Trophy.

‘But but I support youngsters you see, I picked 19 year old Mufasa, the Lion King with his 68 avg;

Last edited by a moderator:
He was in Sindh Premier League if I remember clearly

Him and Inzi’s son two parchis ready to be delivered soon
He is from Mianwali so how did his son get into Sindh Premier League? Were players outside of the province allowed to play in the league?

He is from Mianwali so how did his son get into Sindh Premier League? Were players outside of the province allowed to play in the league?
Misbah was the coach I think (not sure). Sindh PL had lots of non Sindhi players in it. Umar Amin was one of the top scorers, lots of players from KPK playing too.

Yes he should drop him for Azam Khan or Sharjeel. That would make the Test team stronger.

Sharjeel would wipe the floor with Babar.

Ask the top cricket experts if they’d pick PEAK Sharjeel or PEAK Babar in their XI in all 3 formats, and they’d all pick Sharjeel.

The Imam ul Anwar bubble burst, and it won’t be too long now till we see Babar being dropped from all 3 formats.

Ask the top cricket experts if they’d pick PEAK Sharjeel or PEAK Babar in their XI in all 3 formats, and they’d all pick Sharjeel.

The Imam ul Anwar bubble burst, and it won’t be too long now till we see Babar being dropped from all 3 formats.
But but can Sharjeel score 150 against Nepal???

Sharjeel never peaked. He was always rubbish.

Only a circus clown masquerading as a “top cricket expert” would pick Sharjeel over Babar in Tests & ODIs at any point in their careers.

He was in Sindh Premier League if I remember clearly

Him and Inzi’s son two parchis ready to be delivered soon
Itisam is rubbish. Even in his school(aitchsion)he was utter rubbish always getting outperformed by everyone else but always got made captain, got no 3, allrounder and whatever nonsense he desired.

Got fast tracked into colts etc etc.

Biggest parchi I've ever seen in my life. Use to be my batchmate before I moved to Australia.

I remember my friend who played in the team and I would go and skip class to watch them play, my friend isn't even a competitive player just casual and he smoked Itisam who's suppose to be The best ehile other school boy had no problem dealing with ny buddy.

Yet these school boys today are nowhere to be seen.

^^ This is another thing wrong with Pakistan cricket at grassroot level and people don't make note of this

It was all Yasir shah and Ajmal… Misbah was clueless
Not really. Azhar was solid including his test double 100 against australia in their home den.

Azhar was much much better as test batter then anyone in our current unit so far. Then you had YK who was next level especially in UAE.

And ik people don't like shehzad, but genuinely speaking pakistan has not found a 40 avg opener who's consistent. Shehzad made a 176 test debut against NZ, Dude was good in test.

That test side was genuinely freakishly strong surrounded by 40 avg players and an atg in YK.

The whole team was good including Misbah in it and misbah isn't bad in test. However if misbah returns the team will flop and the people who are forwarding him right now will start forming nonsense narratives.

So yes I hope this happens so that Misbah's tomb is sealed once and for all.

Nice story.

But we all know Shan is terrible and doesn't deserve a place in the team.

But what is babar doing?

How does he deserve his place?

Misbah is not an answer to any woes. He is a question, actually. Question about how mediocre his approach was with all those tuk-tuk tactics no matter what the format was.

He might be intellectual and say all kinds of philosophical words on TV like a wise man but as a cricketer and a coach he is done and dusted.

Misbah is not an answer to any woes. He is a question, actually. Question about how mediocre his approach was with all those tuk-tuk tactics no matter what the format was.

He might be intellectual and say all kinds of philosophical words on TV like a wise man but as a cricketer and a coach he is done and dusted.
I'm suprised you dislike Misbah? Because you forwarded Rizzu so much?

Here are the genuis coaching and chief selector tactics of Misbah that are still relevant and plaging pakistan today.

1) Babar as captain

2) Babar- rizwan opening duo in t20

3) Chacha as finisher in t20( Odi thing was Imam ul haq being stupid on twitter)

4) Rizwan as priemere wicket keeper in all formats

5) Fakhar in the middle order in t20

That Misbah MADE RIZWAN CAPTAIN OF TEST TEAM ON DEC 26 2020?

Did people forget that he had Shan masood open, had rizwan captain, played yasir shah who was done dinosaur in test and lost the game by a whopping 101 runs?

And people want Misbah back as test coach Hahahahaha.

I'm suprised you dislike Misbah? Because you forwarded Rizzu so much?

Here are the genuis coaching and chief selector tactics of Misbah that are still relevant and plaging pakistan today.

1) Babar as captain

2) Babar- rizwan opening duo in t20

3) Chacha as finisher in t20( Odi thing was Imam ul haq being stupid on twitter)

4) Rizwan as priemere wicket keeper in all formats

5) Fakhar in the middle order in t20

That Misbah MADE RIZWAN CAPTAIN OF TEST TEAM ON DEC 26 2020?

Did people forget that he had Shan masood open, had rizwan captain, played yasir shah who was done dinosaur in test and lost the game by a whopping 101 runs?

And people want Misbah back as test coach Hahahahaha.
I don't like or dislike anybody on a personal basis. It is about their cricketing skills onfield and rizwan is way ahead than other especially in red ball atm. Misbah is generally criticized for his tuk tuk approach which is fair. Him as a coach did not work last time, and it won't work in future.

I don't like or dislike anybody on a personal basis. It is about their cricketing skills onfield and rizwan is way ahead than other especially in red ball atm. Misbah is generally criticized for his tuk tuk approach which is fair. Him as a coach did not work last time, and it won't work in future.
Sir, you will soon see the light about Rizwan that you yourself are casting a shadow on. Yes rizzu drama bazi and fantasy of him being the goat who scored a century against the mighty bamgaldesh will end soon.

Everyone else besides Babar and Shan are inexperienced players.

Just like you don't expect a new player to walk in and automatically be as good as an experienced legend, For example it took Travis some time before he was capable to open alongside warmer,

You don't expect players like Abdullah or saud who haven't been in international for 10 years like rizzu has to he better off the bat.

Yet despite this rizzu gets frequently outperformed on many occasions and his 10 years of experience has resulted in pure mediocrity.

Sorry bro but if I was playing international cricket for 10 years then I better at the very least be a modern great if not an atg.

Itisam is rubbish. Even in his school(aitchsion)he was utter rubbish always getting outperformed by everyone else but always got made captain, got no 3, allrounder and whatever nonsense he desired.

Got fast tracked into colts etc etc.

Biggest parchi I've ever seen in my life. Use to be my batchmate before I moved to Australia.

I remember my friend who played in the team and I would go and skip class to watch them play, my friend isn't even a competitive player just casual and he smoked Itisam who's suppose to be The best ehile other school boy had no problem dealing with ny buddy.

Yet these school boys today are nowhere to be seen.

^^ This is another thing wrong with Pakistan cricket at grassroot level and people don't make note of this
Great insight

never heard of Aitchinson ever being able to produce a solid cricketer in an era where the World has extreme level players now.

Misbah was the coach I think (not sure). Sindh PL had lots of non Sindhi players in it. Umar Amin was one of the top scorers, lots of players from KPK playing too.
It's injustice to the Sindh players. Sindh Premier League should be exclusively for Sindh province players. Perhaps 1-2 marquee players could be chosen. But it's unfair to allow every player from other provinces, including the juniors who haven't yet achieved anything significant even in age groups.

Great insight

never heard of Aitchinson ever being able to produce a solid cricketer in an era where the World has extreme level players now.
Brother that school is a hollow shell of what it use to be.

The reputation of that school plummeted a long time ago, and they tried bringing in foreigners as headmasters and principals to fix it but even they flopped hard.

All the boys that graduate from their end up as total failures now.

Gone are the days where people like Ahmed sujan and others would make the country proud and get accepted into harvard and others into Princeton, stanford, yale etc.

Forget cricketers, that school will never even produce anyone succesful ever again, of it does then the kid already comes from a succesful family and inherits it.

Look at Mubashir Luqman's kid, Mustafa Luqman, Dude went to Sussex and is a ghost of a shell now.

Failure of a school that failed to produce any decent cricketer or anyone decent ever since shamim khan moved on.

@Rana

Btw look up Pakistan vs New Zealand test match Dec 26 2020.

In this test match Pakistan lost by 101 runs and was thrashed black and blue.

Misbah made rizwan captain in this game. This was the only time he captained in international. Misbah also had Shan masood open and abid Ali post heart surgery open lol, Azhar Ali who was a dinosaur at this point was playing too.

And people think Misbah will be a good test coach Haha.

@Rana

Btw look up Pakistan vs New Zealand test match Dec 26 2020.

In this test match Pakistan lost by 101 runs and was thrashed black and blue.

Misbah made rizwan captain in this game. This was the only time he captained in international. Misbah also had Shan masood open and abid Ali post heart surgery open lol, Azhar Ali who was a dinosaur at this point was playing too.

And people think Misbah will be a good test coach Haha.
I remember this match

I mentioned at the time that the guy is an ‘autopilot’ captain. You will see him doing lots of hand gestures to basically no one. He lives on another planet in his mind.

I remember this match

I mentioned at the time that the guy is an ‘autopilot’ captain. You will see him doing lots of hand gestures to basically no one. He lives on another planet in his mind.
Well yeah. That much was clear when he said he has a magic bat for opening, a magic bat for no 4 in odi and a magic bat for no 6 in test.

No wonder he didn't want no 5 in odi, doesn't have a magic bat for it 🤣

Nice story.

But we all know Shan is terrible and doesn't deserve a place in the team.

But what is babar doing?

How does he deserve his place?
You don’t seem to understand the difference between a quality playing going through a lean patch vs. a rubbish player who is not good enough to begin with.

Babar has been poor in Test cricket for a while, but every batsman in history has gone through such phases in their careers even the great ones.

In spite of a prolonged lean run, Babar still averages 45 which means he’s a highly prolific player when he is in form and therefore, you back him to regain his form because along with Saud, he is probably the only Test batsman in Pakistan right now capable of averaging 45+.

You cannot drop an out of form 45 averaging Test batsman because you are not going to be able to replace him, and if you produce another such batsmen then there are other spots in the team that he can occupy and bat alongside Babar and Saud.

Kohli averaged in the 20s for 2 years in Test cricket from 2020-2022 and India did not drop him even though they have a dozen of batsmen in domestic cricket who can be prolific in Test cricket.

Why? Simply because you don’t drop successful players going through unsuccessful periods especially when they still have plenty of time left.

Before Kohli bootlickers get their nickers in a twist, I am not comparing the two in terms of performances and stature, I am simply quoting a recent and prominent example of a great player going through a rubbish patch but not getting dropped.

It is ridiculous to suggest that Babar should be dropped from the Test team when you look at how he fares to other Pakistani batsmen of his generation. He is undroppable. Period.

As far as Masood is concerned, he is literally the worst batsman in Pakistan and that says a lot about his caliber when Pakistan is scraping the bottom of the pan in terms of talent.

It was all Yasir shah and Ajmal… Misbah was clueless
A captain is judged by results. The success of the players playing for him is also his success.

People who don’t like certain captains give credit to the players and people who like certain captains start blaming the players.

Misbah was the one who selected Yasir in 2014 and got the best out of Ajmal so he can’t be that clueless.

A captain is judged by results. The success of the players playing for him is also his success.

People who don’t like certain captains give credit to the players and people who like certain captains start blaming the players.

Misbah was the one who selected Yasir in 2014 and got the best out of Ajmal so he can’t be that clueless.
He's also the same guy who rizwam captain against NZ, has Shan masood who everyone hates as his opener, abid Ali post heart surgery and yasir Shah in 2020 I repeat 2020 when he was way way past his due date play against NZ.

And pakistan got butchered in that game.

Misbah is a great captain in terms of onfield tactics and how to get the best out of his players, since he even managed to get the best out of rubbish like rahat Ali, Wahab riaz etc.

He however is absolutely garbage in terms of building an actual team, it was his ego that resulted in a shocking ct 2013, even before ct 2013 pakistan barely managed to win against Scotland and Ireland because he stubbornly selected Imran farhat and Umar Amin as replacements to UA and afridi. A few months later, Afridi and UA would star against West Indies beating them in a series, with Afridi getting a career best 7 of 12, WI the same team that pakistan lost to in ct 2013.

His crumbled the t20 team side in both 2012 where he was forced to retire by losing to England which was a minnow at the time and completely destroyed the t20 side during his coaching stint where pakistan went from besting full strength Australia in a tri series and easily beating any B side to losing to C side sri lanka and Zimbabwe. Infact he is the founder of chacha and fakhar super over combo which botched it against Zimbabwe.

His test stint was not as succesful as people are making it out to be. The only positive thing he can maybe do is bring out the best in players like saud and babar which pakistan needs.

However he's the same guy who suggested Shan to open in test and selected such rubbish like Chacha, Usman Qadir, Muhammad husnain, Umar akmal + Shehzad + Yasir Shan in 2020, making Imam ul Haq a t20 opener and bringing back Muhammad irfan out of a retirement home.

He's not as great as you're making him out to be. If he was, Shan masood would not be Misbah's frontal opener against NZ.

Oddly enough no captain after Misbah selects Yasir.

Like, leave everything out, sarfraz lost the first test series that he got in UAE, yet these kids want to downplay others success.

He's also the same guy who rizwam captain against NZ, has Shan masood who everyone hates as his opener, abid Ali post heart surgery and yasir Shah in 2020 I repeat 2020 when he was way way past his due date play against NZ.

And pakistan got butchered in that game.

Misbah is a great captain in terms of onfield tactics and how to get the best out of his players, since he even managed to get the best out of rubbish like rahat Ali, Wahab riaz etc.

He however is absolutely garbage in terms of building an actual team, it was his ego that resulted in a shocking ct 2013, even before ct 2013 pakistan barely managed to win against Scotland and Ireland because he stubbornly selected Imran farhat and Umar Amin as replacements to UA and afridi. A few months later, Afridi and UA would star against West Indies beating them in a series, with Afridi getting a career best 7 of 12, WI the same team that pakistan lost to in ct 2013.

His crumbled the t20 team side in both 2012 where he was forced to retire by losing to England which was a minnow at the time and completely destroyed the t20 side during his coaching stint where pakistan went from besting full strength Australia in a tri series and easily beating any B side to losing to C side sri lanka and Zimbabwe. Infact he is the founder of chacha and fakhar super over combo which botched it against Zimbabwe.

His test stint was not as succesful as people are making it out to be. The only positive thing he can maybe do is bring out the best in players like saud and babar which pakistan needs.

However he's the same guy who suggested Shan to open in test and selected such rubbish like Chacha, Usman Qadir, Muhammad husnain, Umar akmal + Shehzad + Yasir Shan in 2020, making Imam ul Haq a t20 opener and bringing back Muhammad irfan out of a retirement home.

He's not as great as you're making him out to be. If he was, Shan masood would not be Misbah's frontal opener against NZ.
abid ali had his operation in 2022 not in 2020.

Oddly enough no captain after Misbah selects Yasir.

Like, leave everything out, sarfraz lost the first test series that he got in UAE, yet these kids want to downplay others success.
Right? Like you downplaying Miandad and every other great by claiming Babar is > them?

Fair my mistake, everyone makes mistakes such as assuming Miandad captained in 1996 🫠
The fact remains, despite the mistakes made by Misbah, his overall record in Test cricket is significantly better than the rest. While it is understandable to criticize him for his performance in white ball cricket, his impact on Test cricket has been largely positive.

Since 1995, Pakistan's record at home (Pak, UAE and 1 test vs Aus in Colombo) is 43 wins and 31 losses that's a W/L ratio of 1.4.

Misbah's captaincy record was 13-4 and his record as a coach was 4-0. If we add up both it becomes 17-4 that's a W/L ratio of 4.25.

Whereas Pakistan's record under other coaches is 26 wins and 27 losss. W/L ratio is 0.97.

Misbah is more than 4 times better than the rest.

Misbah is one of Pakistan’s greatest Test captains.

Never ever in our history we were as successful as his tenure as the captain.

Before Misbah we had even stronger teams and ATG players. They kept losing!!!! Losing overseas was a normal for all those ATG players like Wasim, Inzi, Yusuf, Imran etc.

Even at freaking home they kept losing to touring sides.

Misbah changed that culture.

He built a fortress and a wall. And he absolutely dominated most touring teams.

Misbah is Pakistan’s only Test captain with the Test mace.

Half of Pakistans problems would be solved if they throw out Babar, Rizwan and Shaheen and start afresh.

Ah. The signature Pakistan fan delusion: Those sitting on the bench or not in the team are better those in the team and are talented world beaters.

Don’t get me wrong, these guys are also mediocre, but this is a misconception that we have some kind of undiscovered talent that is not in the team.

We just don’t have quality cricketers.

Ah. The signature Pakistan fan delusion: Those sitting on the bench or not in the team are better those in the team and are talented world beaters.

Don’t get me wrong, these guys are also mediocre, but this is a misconception that we have some kind of undiscovered talent that is not in the team.

We just don’t have quality cricketers.
If we acknowledge that this trio is mediocre, we should also acknowledge that we have a better chance to find someone better if we remove them and at least give them a fair go.

What’s clear is this 3 are not working. To make Rizwan work (who apparently is good according to some due to his 171* v Bangladesh on a road), just to make him work the entire Pakistan cricket set up is in total disarray.

If we acknowledge that this trio is mediocre, we should also acknowledge that we have a better chance to find someone better if we remove them and at least give them a fair go.

What’s clear is this 3 are not working. To make Rizwan work (who apparently is good according to some due to his 171* v Bangladesh on a road), just to make him work the entire Pakistan cricket set up is in total disarray.

I agree we need to try something different, but keep the expectations low. We’ll remain a mediocre side overall for the next few years at least.

The fact remains, despite the mistakes made by Misbah, his overall record in Test cricket is significantly better than the rest. While it is understandable to criticize him for his performance in white ball cricket, his impact on Test cricket has been largely positive.
I argued this to a great extent and why people are totally in the wrong.

Misbah as test coach and captain made rizwan captain againat NZ test and lost that game by 101 runs. Heck he made sham masood open, the same sham masood that people are sick of atm.

Misbah is a terrific onfield captain and is capable of brining the best put of his players. It's why even crapola bowlers like rahat ali and ehsan adil functioned alongside him and wahab in 2015 wc and pakistan got as far as they did.

The test side was the same, Players like azhar, asad, and even shehzad functioned the best under him and they would not have had the test careers that they did if it wasn't for Misbah.

But captaincy is totally different from coaching and misbah I'm both captaincy and coaching is compeltly clueless on forming a team and building it.

If misbah was a gun test coach, he would not have made rizwan captain in 2020 and lost the NZ game by a whooping 101 runs.

The dude will make horrible test selections as coach and sure he can bring the best out in players but what good will that do if your opener is Shan masood?

That's the issue with misbah, he's completly clueless on building an actual test team. Misbah overall was just lucky that the players back them like azhar, Asad shafiq, Sarfraz, Younis has decades of test experience with sarfi, Shehzad, shafiq, Azhar all having played fc since 2007-2008 and younis having played even before the 2000's.

That's not the case anymore, none of this current lot have remotely close to that amount of experience nor are they even interested in fc, while test was sarfi's, Shafiq, Shehzad, Azhar's and Younis favourite format and they all relished batting in test over odi or t20

I argued this to a great extent and why people are totally in the wrong.

Misbah as test coach and captain made rizwan captain againat NZ test and lost that game by 101 runs. Heck he made sham masood open, the same sham masood that people are sick of atm.

Misbah is a terrific onfield captain and is capable of brining the best put of his players. It's why even crapola bowlers like rahat ali and ehsan adil functioned alongside him and wahab in 2015 wc and pakistan got as far as they did.

The test side was the same, Players like azhar, asad, and even shehzad functioned the best under him and they would not have had the test careers that they did if it wasn't for Misbah.

But captaincy is totally different from coaching and misbah I'm both captaincy and coaching is compeltly clueless on forming a team and building it.

If misbah was a gun test coach, he would not have made rizwan captain in 2020 and lost the NZ game by a whooping 101 runs.

The dude will make horrible test selections as coach and sure he can bring the best out in players but what good will that do if your opener is Shan masood?

That's the issue with misbah, he's completly clueless on building an actual test team. Misbah overall was just lucky that the players back them like azhar, Asad shafiq, Sarfraz, Younis has decades of test experience with sarfi, Shehzad, shafiq, Azhar all having played fc since 2007-2008 and younis having played even before the 2000's.

That's not the case anymore, none of this current lot have remotely close to that amount of experience nor are they even interested in fc, while test was sarfi's, Shafiq, Shehzad, Azhar's and Younis favourite format and they all relished batting in test over odi or t20

lol lucky? BS.

He’s probably the most shrewd cricketing brain in the country, at least in Test cricket.

All players you are mentioning are not even 20% of our ATG players like Inzi, Yusuf, Saeed Anwar, Miandad, Saqlain, Wasim Waqar, Shoaib Akhtar, Imran Khan.

Yet all those teams had a terrible Test record, they not only kept losing overseas but also at home.

Misbah in fact made a dumb and mediocre team super competitive and made them deliver WAY above their quality and output capacity.

That is what great Test captains do, he led from the front with his own batting too.

lol lucky? BS.

He’s probably the most shrewd cricketing brain in the country, at least in Test cricket.

All players you are mentioning are not even 20% of our ATG players like Inzi, Yusuf, Saeed Anwar, Miandad, Saqlain, Wasim Waqar, Shoaib Akhtar, Imran Khan.

Yet all those teams had a terrible Test record, they not only kept losing overseas but also at home.

Misbah in fact made a dumb and mediocre team super competitive and made them deliver WAY above their quality and output capacity.

That is what great Test captains do, he led from the front with his own batting too.
For your sake I hope to God he's made test coach after Gillespie will eventually be sacked or will leave as if PCB's history.

Then this nonsense can be laid to rest.

lol lucky? BS.

Yeah he transformed that test side. I remember how weak we were before Misbah. And then on top the trio then got banned. And how weak we’ve been since Misbah. I can scarcely recall a time when we were consistently doing well for an extended period of time in any format bar t20s except that period in tests under Misbah. And a lot of our t20 success felt down to before teams really learnt/adapted to t20s, and experimenting in t20 series. This wasn’t the case in tests where we were performing decently with bat and ball and teams were sending their full strength sides.

I wish he had been removed from ODI captaincy. He wasn’t winning much there. The argument was there was just nobody better, it wasn’t his fault. If we had removed him, we could have put this theory to test, potentially improved under another captain. Maybe it would have made no difference. As a result there will always be fans that will blame him for the downfall of Pakistan cricket, whether they are right or wrong.

Yet u guys won’t mention about Umar akmal Selection when he became a coach lol .. adhyyy baat kr tai ho.. adhy chabaah le te ho! Misbah becoming a coach was a biggest mistake. We were on right track till he showed up and we started losing with his bakwaas Defensive Tuktuk mentality. As I said Removing mickey was a biggest mistake by Misbah. Remember he chocked just before a tournament and he quit on the team. When Ramiz Raja Pulled up. Don’t forget the Misbah has given in WC mohali. He has a Business Degree yet he doesn’t wanna quit Pakistan Cricket. I wonder why… jaaali Degree

Bhool Jao! The day Misbah becomes a Coach again, I will keep all the post receipt and bring it back to all his fans face with explanation when team goes down under his coaching.

"top cricket experts" haha. Too funny. Maybe you mean "self-anointed top cricket experts" on Pakpassion who also believe that Asif Ali would be a great captain for Pakistan when his captaincy record is 4 losses out of 4 games in the PSL.

The more people want Misbah away from the PCB, the more roles the PCB gives him :misbah

Misbah-ul-Haq appointed mentor of Wolves for Champions Cup

Former Pakistan captain aims to share his experience and knowledge to help emerging cricketers refine their skills in the upcoming one-day tournament, which promises to provide a platform for players to prepare for upcoming ODI series.

The more people want Misbah away from the PCB, the more roles the PCB gives him :misbah

Misbah-ul-Haq appointed mentor of Wolves for Champions Cup

Former Pakistan captain aims to share his experience and knowledge to help emerging cricketers refine their skills in the upcoming one-day tournament, which promises to provide a platform for players to prepare for upcoming ODI series.
This will be the first team that's gets eliminated lol

Back