Is Pragyan Ojha chucking the ball?

90MPH

Test Debutant
Runs
Every time I see a replay from side or reverse angle there is no doubt about his arm flexing a fair bit.

He maybe within the limits, he may not so I think he should be reported and Tested.

pragyan-ojha-122538.jpg

Oh cmon.... This is ICC... if you are reported than you can always blame it on a birth defect... ICC is very lenient on the physically disabled :D

Blatant chucker. It's alright though, he's just a spinner and there are plenty of them around in world cricket these days.

Hes a chucker but a lot straighter than Ajmal who they cleared so why bother.

Ojha should get banned by the ICC for not being able to run through sides despite being a blatant chucker.

if he is a chucker then why he is not successful? Whats the point of chucking if it does not bring you success? Thats why I think he is not a chucker.

Yes, he is. You cannot bowl with a bent elbow. It is flagrant violation of the law of cricket watching

Umpires should see that...can not tell here if angle is within limitations or not..

Chucker!! These blatant chuckers should be banned from cricket whoever they are..

I think he seems within the limits.. honestly ajmal's bend looks way worse

To the naked eye his action does look a bit dodgy to be honest but no more than some other spinners.

You are allowed bowl with a bent elbow (elbow flexion) but you can't change the angle of the bent elbow (ie: straighten elbow)by more than 15° (as you are using your elbow to impart speed on the ball which is known as 'chucking'). The picture doesn't show anything; Saeed Ajmal, Harbhajan Singh, Shoaib Malik, Murali and many others bowl with bent elbows but their actions have been tested and are legal (I have doubts about bhajji and maliks doosra as they were both banned from bowling it- obviously bhajji doesn't bowl it regularly but I think he bowls it very rarely in case he gets called up again, dunno if malik still bowls it. Saeed Ajmal has a perfectly legal action and straightens his elbow less when he bowls the doosra.

While I cannot say ojha has a legal action as I don't think it's been tested it is wrong for people to comment if he is chucking or not --leave it to the experts

Last edited:
yea he is chucker, so is ajmal. There are the rules of 15 degree that are implemented by ICC to allow these bowlers to play international cricket, so better ask ICC about it.

So we shouldn't be complaining too much here

How can all you geniuses tell from a screenshot whether he is chucking or not. The 15 degree rule has to do with the straightening of the elbow not the bend of it. Ajmal does not chuck because he does not straighten his elbow more than 15 degrees so hopefully the Indians on here that are unaware of the rules can quit taking shots. I can't speak for Ohja but if the umpires have a suspicion they will report him. It's nearly impossible to tell with the naked eye unless you're watching Shabbir Ahmed.

It's hilarious the chucking discussion comes up on this forum so often and still people are unaware of the rule. The tolerance level of 15 degrees is not about the bend in your elbow when bowling it is about the straightening of the elbow.

Try chucking a bowl with a bent elbow without straightening it and compare it to chucking a bowl when you are a able to straighten the elbow. You only get an advantage if you straighten the elbow not otherwise.

yes he is

Blatant chucker. It's alright though, he's just a spinner and there are plenty of them around in world cricket these days.

Trott wicket was blantant chuck today

Chucker!! These blatant chuckers should be banned from cricket whoever they are..

Lol, the full sleeve tells the story.

Good to see the Indian responses here back in 2012.

Where is Ojha these days btw? Used to be a good bowler on turning wickets back in the day.

He's playing Ranji. They say he's remodeled his action but I haven't watched any recent game he's played to figure out whether he's still giving it the chuck.

Link 1

Link 2

where is this guy?/he was a good bowler.

Banned I think. Cannot chuck and get away with it. If he played in 60's or 70's, he would have been a legend and the folklore about this greatness would have been explained here by some posters.

Banned I think. Cannot chuck and get away with it. If he played in 60's or 70's, he would have been a legend and the folklore about this greatness would have been explained here by some posters.

thats good....not like our fake professor.

You are a genius.... The way you put forward your point lol.

lolz/////just wanted to confirm it from indian fella.but they have done the right thing not to allow him back.u are thinking the other way around but i am happy that fake prof is going to be banned.

BCCI has never banned any player for chucking.

Pragyan Ojha was removed in late 2014 only to be cleared in early 2015. The same time Ajmal was banned. After his remodelled action Ojha's bowling became ineffective leading to his ouster.

Umpires have not reported indian bowlers fearing their corporate owned indian media's defamation campaign like steve bucknor and if BCCI finds out of favor match officials it does'nt allow the player to tour. How Harbhajan toured can be seen as part of this gameplan by the board.

BCCI is a major reason cricket around the world has gone down, its bullying tactics has affected the game mostly fellow asian member Pakistan, who once formed part of the asian bloc with them, as Indian citizens don't wish to see Pakistan playing cricket. Talent-wise India is no USA or China with an emotional hyper fanbase who compare R. Jadeja with Wasim Akram

BCCI has never banned any player for chucking.

Pragyan Ojha was removed in late 2014 only to be cleared in early 2015. The same time Ajmal was banned. After his remodelled action Ojha's bowling became ineffective leading to his ouster.

Umpires have not reported indian bowlers fearing their corporate owned indian media's defamation campaign like steve bucknor and if BCCI finds out of favor match officials it does'nt allow the player to tour. How Harbhajan toured can be seen as part of this gameplan by the board.

BCCI is a major reason cricket around the world has gone down, its bullying tactics has affected the game mostly fellow asian member Pakistan, who once formed part of the asian bloc with them, as Indian citizens don't wish to see Pakistan playing cricket. Talent-wise India is no USA or China with an emotional hyper fanbase who compare R. Jadeja with Wasim Akram

but pak fans r famous for conspiracy theories and head in sand phenomenon .everyone is out there to destroy pakistan and pakistan has nothing to blame

Back