"It is easy to give advice on TV. If you want to give me some advice, you can message me": Babar Azam

I guess that’s what I just said. They did try spinners over the last few years but all were bang average and non one impressed. Are you saying they should have played more spinners? Was there any one specific
They should have cycled through any decent prospect in domestics but they prefer TTFs minnow bashing. Some things never change.

I like the guy as little as you do but on the basis of this World Cup and the shocking performances of both Shadab and Nawaz, Imad should've been in the 15 at least.

I didn't support his inclusion initially but I'll admit at least we'd have got some economical darting and a few lower-order runs which is more than the other two jokers contributed.

Paired up with Abrar (who isn't anything special himself) and surely they would've exerted some more control in the middle overs than Shadab-Nawaz.

There's another name but I cannot be bothered right now to open that can of worms again.
There are no certainties in cricket and we will never know. My gut feeling is that they would be as useless as Nawaz and Shadab. Anyways Babar made the decision and it didn't pay off.

How did the 2015 squad do?
They beat a strong SA side. Their bowling attack was actually not the worst. Lost to a champion Australia side in their back yard.

This bowling attack has been an absolute disaster. Everyone wants to have a piece of us in 2023

They beat a strong SA side. Their bowling attack was actually not the worst. Lost to a champion Australia side in their back yard.

This bowling attack has been an absolute disaster. Everyone wants to have a piece of us in 2023
SA weren't strong. It was a team that had lost Kallis and Smith. Bowling was OK but not great, they were forced to play playersbecauseof quotas. You need to avoid scorecards and understand context.

Out former kaptaan too said the same thing some time back.

"People speak so much in public, but many people have my number, and (except Dhoni) no one messaged me."

To be honest, it is probably good if most ex India and Pak cricketers don't message. Most of the ones who shout loudest have zero clue of analysis. The ones who are knowledgeable and sincere in any case they will either reach out themselves or be contacted by players.

SA weren't strong. It was a team that had lost Kallis and Smith. Bowling was OK but not great, they were forced to play playersbecauseof quotas. You need to avoid scorecards and understand context.

You're joking right? That 2015 SA side was probably the best XI SA ever put out. Peak ABD, Steyn and Morkel together

Faf, Rilee, JPD and Miller in the middle order.

Tahir manning the spin stations.

QdK and Amla opening. Granted they both had a poor tournaments but on paper and leading into WC they were an absolute freight train.

Kallis retired in 2014 from ODIs after seeing that he was no longer at Faf/Rilee level.

Smith wouldn't have displaced either of the openers they way they went from 2013-15.

Don't fall back on Philander replacing Abbott as an excuse to call the team weak. This was a class player replacing a form player. Maybe not the best choice on the day of the semi and undermining captain's decision, but it wasn't a Junaid Zia type selection.

Agree. After seeing this campaign bowling my respect for Rahat Ali has gone up.
And even Yasir of 2015 would have been levels ahead of 2023 spinner

No, it’s not like that that this matter is not in the back of the mind. It's in our mind and we will try to do it. We will try to execute our plans and how we will go tomorrow and how we will achieve the target.

Gautam Gambhir was asked by presenter in post Afghan innings on the show by the presenter about Babar still showing optimism. His reply was :
"Well what do you want the Captain of the team to say. That we will not go for win. Even if there is 1% chance, you need to show optimism and will to win."
Gautam Gambhir have predicted before WC that Babar will be the most successful and destructive batsman in this WC….. Now Babar fans searching him

It depends how you take such thing. Everyone has their own point of view, their own way of thinking. Everyone is saying something different. He should be like this, or like that. If someone has to give me advice, everyone has my number. It is easy to give advice on TV. If you want to give me some advice, you can message me.

Shahid Afridi and Wasim Akram respond to Babar Azam:

Shahid Afridi:

"That response wasn't needed at all. Just focus on playing well. Perform in a way that no one has to call you"

Wasim Akram:

"If you do well, everything goes fine. But if you don’t, then you have to be answerable to people and the press. And don’t worry about what people say, you need to be immune to this."

Can’t stand this guy no more needs to be booted out just in the basis of being selfish and picking a team on who and friendship.

Don’t tell me sharjeel khan, Mohammed haris, imad wasim, amir, abrar Ahmed didn’t deserve to be in the team.

Such a timid player and captain.

Can’t stand this guy no more needs to be booted out just in the basis of being selfish and picking a team on who and friendship.

Don’t tell me sharjeel khan, Mohammed haris, imad wasim, amir, abrar Ahmed didn’t deserve to be in the team.

Such a timid player and captain.
But isn't it all about rankings and he's our number one, although number 2 now :p

When you average 50+ and get universally recognised, then come back and tell us about Babars specialness( lack off).
There is no such thing as working 3 years on this WC. You have a team, players come into and fall out of form. It's cricket
Average 50 plus where and when? Last 2 WCs (ODI/T20) he failed big time. I could care less for his stat padding 100s. He cant play spin, he cant force the issue when required and gets out, cause he cant hit the big shots. He is overhyped. Like I said a tourist in India.

Last edited by a moderator:
Average 50 plus where and when? Last 2 WCs (ODI/T20) he failed big time. I could care less for his stat padding 100s in JAMODIS. He cant play spin, he cant force the issue when required and gets out, cause he cant hit the big shots. He is overhyped. Like I said a tourist in India.
You can say anything you like. It makes no difference. The guy is a good player

But isn't it all about rankings and he's our number one, although number 2 now :p
Exactly. He will beat second string teams like Holland and Nepal and regain his number 1 ranking both as a player and team and boast about it.

Like Amir said in an interview and he’s spot on if Kohli played against Nepal, Bangladesh and Holland he would have broken the greats sachins record ages ago.

But Kohli is the goat for a reason has time and time again scored match winning knocks against the best teams.

really upsetting to see real talent who could have lit this World Cup like saim ayub, sharjeel and amir and abrar ahmed the mystery spinner and many others just sat at home watching this diabolical show.

These players would 100% secured a semi final spot without a doubt.
Babar needs to go.

You're joking right? That 2015 SA side was probably the best XI SA ever put out. Peak ABD, Steyn and Morkel together

Faf, Rilee, JPD and Miller in the middle order.

Tahir manning the spin stations.

QdK and Amla opening. Granted they both had a poor tournaments but on paper and leading into WC they were an absolute freight train.

Kallis retired in 2014 from ODIs after seeing that he was no longer at Faf/Rilee level.

Smith wouldn't have displaced either of the openers they way they went from 2013-15.

Don't fall back on Philander replacing Abbott as an excuse to call the team weak. This was a class player replacing a form player. Maybe not the best choice on the day of the semi and undermining captain's decision, but it wasn't a Junaid Zia type selection.
So if they were that good why did they get smashed by Ind and lost to a poor PK team.

You can say anything you like. It makes no difference. The guy is a good player
But based on what is he? He got owned by Kuldeep 4 years ago WC, fast forward he had no clue how to play Rashid on the final. Here again against Kuldeep he got stuck. He couldnt even handle part time cricker from the Netherlands. You want more? His innings against afghanistan, no idea how to play, how to up the tempo. Just roam around get a nice 50 to have fanboys go gaga over his average and then get out. How you perform on the biggest stage define you, not stat padding scores

Last edited by a moderator:
But based on what is he? He got owned by Kuldeep 4 years ago WC, fast forward he had no clue how to play Rashid on the final. Here again against Kuldeep he got stuck. He couldnt even handle part time cricker from the Netherlands. You want more? His innings against afghanistan, no idea how to play, how to up the tempo. Just roam around get a nice 50 to have fanboys go gaga over his average and then get out. How you perform on the biggest stage define you, not stat padding scores in JAMODIS.
He is a poor attacker of spinner but we have seen others than couldn't play a certain of bowling still have excellent careers. Steve Waugh couldn't attack short bowling but still managed to win a WC. Babar isn't the only one that struggles against a certain type of bowling. If he could he would average close to 80.

He is a poor attacker of spinner but we have seen others than couldn't play a certain of bowling still have excellent careers. Steve Waugh couldn't attack short bowling but still managed to win a WC. Babar isn't the only one that struggles against a certain type of bowling. If he could he would average close to 80.
Then maybe work on it or accept you cant play it in a proper way. He doesnt even admit there is a flaw. He struggles when it matters, no matter who is bowling.

Babar needs Exemplary punishment for dodgy selection to include his friends so in future a captain will think twice to do such act.

Is this arrogance?

Is he taking shots at ex cricketers who are critical of his team for not seeking help of ex cricketers?

Back