Justice for Salman Ali Agha? Why can't he be a regular for Pakistan?

mominsaigol

Test Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
One cricketer who I find extremely underrated is Salman Ali Agha and yet I haven't found many discussions on him.

Salman Ali Agha in his short international cricket span has maintained a healthy average of 40 in both Test and Odi formats. He boasts pretty similar numbers in Domestic as well.

In regards of ODI, An average of 40 and SR of 96 is extremely impressive, to top of it, he already has 4 half centuries in odi followed by 2 international test hundreds for his team.

When utilised as a bowler he boasts significantly superior numbers to both shadab and Chacha in domestic as well as outperforming them in NZ c series last year.

And yes while his t20 record is on the poor side, Salman Ali agha has proved himself to be a very good allrounder.

So the question I ask is, How come hes not a regular for pakistan? Why are shadab and Chacha preferred over him? For odi he was dropped for Saud Shakeel simply because Babar was unwilling to have both saud and Agha play over Shadab, Nawaz and rizwan?

And for t20 world cup, he was nowhere to be seen? I'm 100% sure that salman Ali Agha would have been a better no 5 then shadab khan.

This boy hasn't been given enough chances, as he's usually dropped and has to fight for his no 5 spot with other players like Saud Shakeel, but Shadab and Chacha are given free rides despite never proving themselves even once as established batsmen?

I'm personally in favour of Salman Agha and Abrar being the 2 spinners for Pakistan in the future. Please, no more chacha and Shadab bowling spin and batting for us.

I was actually suprised that he wasnt selected.

Are you honestly telling me a dude with an average of 39-40 and sr of 96 in both domestic and international + 2 test class hundreds and a succesful psl

Can't warrant a place over the likes of Azam Khan, Shadab Khan, Saim Ayub, Usman Khan, Chacha?

He should get a lengthy run. Someone who can bat and ball. Should bat in middle order and chip in with a few overs.

One thing I found strange is that last year, Salman Ali Agha despite performing was removed for multiple WC games due to the India game in Asia Cup where every underperformed and was replaced by saud shakeel for Saud's impressive warm up performance.

What I don't get is, Shadab and failed miserably during the NZ c series, Failed horribly for Asia cup, failed during the warmup games, only oerformed once against Afghanistan and thats it?

Nawaz didn't even perform once?

Chacha himself performed for NZ, and Nepal but failed everything after, including the warmup games.

So how come saud and Agha were fighting for positions, when neither did anything to be dropped in the first place? Both should have played period?

I still fail to understand why Agha got dropped for saud when he only failed 2 games? One against India and the previous against Nepal which was shocking.

Otherwise he dominated NZ c series and dominated multiple games after?

He should get a lengthy run. Someone who can bat and ball. Should bat in middle order and chip in with a few overs.
Bro their isn't even an excuse to keep him out now.

The only excuse that people had was that he was a batting all-rounder and not a bowling allrounder and chacha is better utility because he's a finisher and shadab is a bowler.

Again pathetic excuse but it was an excuse that pcb claimed.

But now shadab didn't even bowl half his games for wc 2024? And didn't even bowl some games against England? And was promoted to no 5?

So now their isn't any excuse.

He is a highly underrated cricketer who has made the most of every opportunity he has gotten, regardless of the format. I think people look at that ugly technique and judge him to be a certain way. Fact is, he's a good player of spin, an excellent fielder, super fit and can bowl some very handy off-spin. He has earned the right to be given a proper run in all three formats. Especially after the abject failure of someone like Iftikhar in multiple ICC tournaments.

Is he not on the Shaheens tour in Darwin?

If this is the case then I am not surprised as when they have Umar Amin who doubt we would even see donning a Pak shirt again is there playing but Agha isn't.

Shock no shock!

He is smart and should feature regularly in team. A good middle order bat and good fileder too

In which format do you want him? I don't recommend him for T20is
Bro their no rhyme or reason for someone like shadab to play in any format over him.

Pakistan is falling into pieces and in t20 especially beggers can't be choosers. Players like razzaq won't fall from the sky.

Agha shpuld be backed in all formats and be entrusted to improve and develop his t20 game.

Domestic performances don't matter for international selection, most of the time it's who you know and well you suck up to them

Bro their no rhyme or reason for someone like shadab to play in any format over him.

Pakistan is falling into pieces and in t20 especially beggers can't be choosers. Players like razzaq won't fall from the sky.

Agha shpuld be backed in all formats and be entrusted to improve and develop his t20 game.
Bro to be honest, I struggle to recognize him as a T20 player, as he doesn't come close to Shivam Dube's skill level. But he could be a competitive force in Tests and ODIs.

Bro to be honest, I struggle to recognize him as a T20 player, as he doesn't come close to Shivam Dube's skill level. But he could be a competitive force in Tests and ODIs.
Salman Ali Agha is not competing with Dube or Indian players.

He's competing with Shadab, Chacha, Azam, Usman Khan, Fakhar for a spot somewhere from no 3 to no 7.

Theirs no way someone can claim with a straight face that shadab or Usman or azam warrant a place > Him.

In which format do you want him? I don't recommend him for T20is
T20 team has around 5 good for nothing players who are in the side since last 4-5 years despite repeated failures. Salman can replace any of them easily and he is an all format player. May be he doesn't have strong lobby to back him that's why he is not getting chances

He is a decent player that can play up the order too besides being a low middle order batter and his bowling prowess makes him a good fit for the national side. He is a perfect replacement for a guy like Shadab Khan.

He is a decent player that can play up the order too besides being a low middle order batter and his bowling prowess makes him a good fit for the national side. He is a perfect replacement for a guy like Shadab Khan.
Does he has a cricketing family connection? With revolving door of Pakistani cricketers, why hasnt he been given a chance again?
I know I am kinda obsessing over this point today, but if I am right there is a significant pattern of broad nepotism. Almost all the high potential players who are unable to get chances at top who do not have chacha/mama/papa in Pakistan Cricket.

Does he has a cricketing family connection? With revolving door of Pakistani cricketers, why hasnt he been given a chance again?
I know I am kinda obsessing over this point today, but if I am right there is a significant pattern of broad nepotism. Almost all the high potential players who are unable to get chances at top who do not have chacha/mama/papa in Pakistan Cricket.
Hopefully he will get his coveted spot in the National side soon as Shadab etc failing to make an impact for the national side.

It never made any sense for Both saud and agha to compete against one another for a spit in wc 2023 when neither of them did anything wrong.

Both should have been included, but Pakistan has a quota system where it's mandatory for Shadab and chacha to play irrespective of the circumstances.

Wc 2023 line up was a classic test line up, It needed fakhar and Agha the only players with 90+ sr in the team, but naw, Play someone like sheddy lmao.

Looks clueless against any decent wrist spin bowling. Thankfully there isn't much of wrist spin in test cricket

Looks clueless against any decent wrist spin bowling. Thankfully there isn't much of wrist spin in test cricket
Chacha is the most clueless player against wrist spin in all of Pakistan.

Just look at his overall record. It's trash but atleas the record shows he's comparatively better at playing medium and fast. Against finger spin he's medicore but manageable. Against wrist spin his record is equivalent to a no 11 batsmen.

Good enough for Test and ODI cricket but can get fit in T20 cricket, he will become another Imad Wasim type player in shorter format.
He can be handy in T20.

The problem is Babar doesn't really know how best to utilise part time bowlers and get the best out of players

Otherwise Salman could have some utility in T20.

Good enough for Test and ODI cricket but can get fit in T20 cricket, he will become another Imad Wasim type player in shorter format.
A few things.

First off, Salman Ali agha in his short career already has 2 test class 100's, something imad doesn't have, along with 4 half centuries in odi. Considering he was batting at 6 in the NZ odi series and at 5 afterwards,

Maintaining an average of 40 and a sr of 96 is mighty impressive.

These no aren't inflated either as his domestic record is the same.

In otherwords he's better then all our allrounders who have shown up in the past and yes this includes

1) Imad wasim
2) Chacha
3) Shadab
4) Nawaz
5) Faheem Ashraf

Secondly, people are looking at his t20 numbers which granted are lack luster as if Pakistan is some Australian side and has Glenn maxwells waiting to debut.

Be humble, If crapola players like shadab are batting at no 5 in t20 and no 6 in odi and failing hilariously, then theirs no reason why a guy who has clearly made a mark in international cricket can't be selected.

Seriously what did he do wrong? He's played 21 games, scored 4 half centuries while batting at 6, maintained an avg of 40 and sr of 96, which is almost the same as his domestic numbers and already has 2 test centuries and 3 test 50's?

In such a short span he's already achieved more then shadab lol.

Shadab Khan odi avg 25 and Sr 85
Salman agha odi avg 40 and SR 97

Shadab Khan List A Avg 25 and Sr 89
Salman Agha List A avg 39 and Sr 96

Bowling figures in odi and List A for shadab

Odi: 34 Avg, eco 5
List A: 33 Avg Eco 5

Salman Ali Agha List A bowling( He hasn't bowled much in international so we don't have a sample atm)

List A: 38 Avg Eco 4.8

Note: Shadab's avg and eco are misleading because it doesnt reflect his poor form poat 2022.

Based of all this on what basis is Shadab a rregular but agha is competing with saud for a spot when both should be playing?

Only argument is t20 and even then their numbers arent far off, however the difference is Agha is an established batter and can actually play t20 and improve whereas with shadab their is no hope.

A few things.

First off, Salman Ali agha in his short career already has 2 test class 100's, something imad doesn't have, along with 4 half centuries in odi. Considering he was batting at 6 in the NZ odi series and at 5 afterwards,

Maintaining an average of 40 and a sr of 96 is mighty impressive.

These no aren't inflated either as his domestic record is the same.

In otherwords he's better then all our allrounders who have shown up in the past and yes this includes

1) Imad wasim
2) Chacha
3) Shadab
4) Nawaz
5) Faheem Ashraf

Secondly, people are looking at his t20 numbers which granted are lack luster as if Pakistan is some Australian side and has Glenn maxwells waiting to debut.

Be humble, If crapola players like shadab are batting at no 5 in t20 and no 6 in odi and failing hilariously, then theirs no reason why a guy who has clearly made a mark in international cricket can't be selected.

Seriously what did he do wrong? He's played 21 games, scored 4 half centuries while batting at 6, maintained an avg of 40 and sr of 96, which is almost the same as his domestic numbers and already has 2 test centuries and 3 test 50's?

In such a short span he's already achieved more then shadab lol.

Shadab Khan odi avg 25 and Sr 85
Salman agha odi avg 40 and SR 97

Shadab Khan List A Avg 25 and Sr 89
Salman Agha List A avg 39 and Sr 96

Bowling figures in odi and List A for shadab

Odi: 34 Avg, eco 5
List A: 33 Avg Eco 5

Salman Ali Agha List A bowling( He hasn't bowled much in international so we don't have a sample atm)

List A: 38 Avg Eco 4.8

Note: Shadab's avg and eco are misleading because it doesnt reflect his poor form poat 2022.

Based of all this on what basis is Shadab a rregular but agha is competing with saud for a spot when both should be playing?

Only argument is t20 and even then their numbers arent far off, however the difference is Agha is an established batter and can actually play t20 and improve whereas with shadab their is no hope.
i know he could be a very good all rounder in ODIs and Test but what about his T20 stats?

He is a highly underrated cricketer who has made the most of every opportunity he has gotten, regardless of the format. I think people look at that ugly technique and judge him to be a certain way. Fact is, he's a good player of spin, an excellent fielder, super fit and can bowl some very handy off-spin. He has earned the right to be given a proper run in all three formats. Especially after the abject failure of someone like Iftikhar in multiple ICC tournaments.
This is one of my favourite posts on this thread because it's the only post that addresses fitness.

Which pakistan cricket in recent times with the likes of Azam Khan, Imad Wasim( Knee Injury), Babar Azam(Beer Belly), Naseem Shah( Injury prone), Haris rauf( Fine for t20 but zero stamina for odi), etc has turned fitness into a joke.

i know he could be a very good all rounder in ODIs and Test but what about his T20 stats?
His t20 stats are poor. I 100% agree.

However I check potential as well, I don't look at cricket from the lens of stat sheets.

Agha technique wise is a natural at spin and a decent backfoot player of pace( He's a bit poor against pace on front foot). Case in point he clearly a batter and has a ceiling to improve.

Shadab on the other hand and chacha aren't batsmen. Shadab has no cricketing shots nor any footwork. He holds the bat with a bottom hand and slogs everything and yes occasionally blind slogging will allow that 40 of 20, but theirs a reason he can only do it once per 20 games lol and fails otherwise.

As for chacha, Chacha has no reactions. His reactions have always been slow which is why he only good for medium pace minnow bashing and is garbage against pacers. Even in 2016 cjacha was bad at pace. And when it comes to spinners, Chacha plays wrist spin as if he's a no 11.

These 2 have no ceiling to improve cause chacha has no reactions and shadab can't even hold the bat properly.

Salman is a much better option now considering we have Chacha on the other hand. If it was between Iffi and Salman now, Salman would be my pick why?

Because he is a much better fielder, can bowl as many overs as iffi has bowled in the past, and is more than handy as a batter as well. He has not got many chances but he utilized whatever came his way. So far, we have no better replacement of iffi than this guy.

Salman is a much better option now considering we have Chacha on the other hand. If it was between Iffi and Salman now, Salman would be my pick why?

Because he is a much better fielder, can bowl as many overs as iffi has bowled in the past, and is more than handy as a batter as well. He has not got many chances but he utilized whatever came his way. So far, we have no better replacement of iffi than this guy.
Who do you guys keep referring as "chacha" ? Shadab or Iftikar?

Who do you guys keep referring as "chacha" ? Shadab or Iftikar?
Basically the meme started when chacha made his debut.

When he made his debut the age that he was listed at was 25, but unless this man had skin cancer, their was no way in hell he was 25. He was at the very least mid 30's or early 30's at the best. He looked order then everyone in the dugout lol.

Afterwards during one game, you could clearly hear babar calling Iftikhar Chaha, and even the dugout doing the same despite some players at the time being older then him which even the commentators noted.

Afterwards waqar younis was with Misbah during the 2020 stint confirmed chacha was much older then his actual age but didn't reveal the no, And Misbah himself claimed chacha is the most experienced finisher in pakistan at the time.

The tone in which Misbah spoke it implied age and wisdom, because otherwise, Chacha's listed age was 28, so Misbah calling a 28 year old experience and aged is funny and doesn't make any sense .

Lastly in 2023, during a podcast Hafeez discussed how long chacha can play for pakistan and stated his age was 32 but he couldn't stop laughing and he gave it away that he wasnt 32.

Chacha is a huge case of age fudging and the meme started and escalated ever since the dugout and waqar younis confirmed he was chacha.

What do you even mean? He is regular part of the ODI and Test squad. He only recently performed a bit at the PSL in T20 Cricket.

What do you even mean? He is regular part of the ODI and Test squad. He only recently performed a bit at the PSL in T20 Cricket.
No he isn't.

Throughout the world cup and Asia cup, he and saud always had to Duke it out for a no 5 spot whike shadab, Chacha and Rizwan were automatic selections for no 4, no 6 and no 7, sometimes even no 5 as shadab was promoted at the top of the order and failed miserably.

Why couldn't both agha and Saud play at 4 and 5? Especially when the biggest problem for pakistan was that it had a test line up of Abdullah, Imam, Babar, Rizwan, Saud, and chacha?

Agha and Falhar who have SR's of 90 would have saved some embrassment from s few games. Maybe the sa one and possibly England

Ifti is a crowd puller worldwide.

He is the Pitbull of Pakistan cricket. Mr International, Mr Big time, Iftimania, the only player we have with a brand and market impact.

Replacing him could have had major repercussions worldwide on the game and the ICC allegedly would have to renegotiate the world cup rights for a lower TV deal ( according to reports).

So it's not as easy as you think. These kind of decisions like dropping Ifti need planned with multiple stakeholders.

It would be difficult for Salman to fill those big shoes straight away. But he needs to be groomed accordingly and he will eventually take the reigns.

One cricketer who I find extremely underrated is Salman Ali Agha and yet I haven't found many discussions on him.

Salman Ali Agha in his short international cricket span has maintained a healthy average of 40 in both Test and Odi formats. He boasts pretty similar numbers in Domestic as well.

In regards of ODI, An average of 40 and SR of 96 is extremely impressive, to top of it, he already has 4 half centuries in odi followed by 2 international test hundreds for his team.

When utilised as a bowler he boasts significantly superior numbers to both shadab and Chacha in domestic as well as outperforming them in NZ c series last year.

And yes while his t20 record is on the poor side, Salman Ali agha has proved himself to be a very good allrounder.

So the question I ask is, How come hes not a regular for pakistan? Why are shadab and Chacha preferred over him? For odi he was dropped for Saud Shakeel simply because Babar was unwilling to have both saud and Agha play over Shadab, Nawaz and rizwan?

And for t20 world cup, he was nowhere to be seen? I'm 100% sure that salman Ali Agha would have been a better no 5 then shadab khan.

This boy hasn't been given enough chances, as he's usually dropped and has to fight for his no 5 spot with other players like Saud Shakeel, but Shadab and Chacha are given free rides despite never proving themselves even once as established batsmen?

I'm personally in favour of Salman Agha and Abrar being the 2 spinners for Pakistan in the future. Please, no more chacha and Shadab bowling spin and batting for us.
@Major Abh kyu Has rahei ho?

You yourself Hate shadab and his guts? Or are you laughing because any thread that suggests the possibility of replacing either Chacha or Rizwan( in this thread chachu) is insulting to the Misbah Fandom?

Regardless I stand by what I said, Rizwan, Shadab and chacha have no place in odi or test.

Rizwan has a place in test though tbf

I think he should play and we should stick to a line up of

1. Fakhar
2. Abdullah
3. Babar
4. Rizwan
5. Shakeel
6. Salman
7. Imad/Shadab

And be done with it. No more chopping and changing for a while. Probably play the same in t20s too so max exposure. Most of those guys bar Imad and fakhar will play tests too at similar positions. They may not necessarily excel but all those guys will at least put up adequate numbers. No averages of 10 or liabilities in the field.

When we have got some sort of consistency in our batting line up again, we can then look to add in youngsters/unproven/attacking talent. But there’s just no point right now, it’s not the right environment to add them yet.

Agha Ali Salman should be playing all 3 formats.

He's a good player specially by Pakistan standards.

I think he should play and we should stick to a line up of

1. Fakhar
2. Abdullah
3. Babar
4. Rizwan
5. Shakeel
6. Salman
7. Imad/Shadab

And be done with it. No more chopping and changing for a while. Probably play the same in t20s too so max exposure. Most of those guys bar Imad and fakhar will play tests too at similar positions. They may not necessarily excel but all those guys will at least put up adequate numbers. No averages of 10 or liabilities in the field.

When we have got some sort of consistency in our batting line up again, we can then look to add in youngsters/unproven/attacking talent. But there’s just no point right now, it’s not the right environment to add them yet.
This lineup was badly exposed in the world cup and will be exposed again.

You can't have Abdullah, Babar, Rizwan and Saud come one after the other and then have agha and Shadab come.

Odi isn't test. In odi you need a mix of accumulators and strikers to succeed

Look at Australia's lineup in 2023

1) Travis (Striker)
2) Warner( Striker)
3) Marsh (Accumulator with 5th gear)
4) Smith (accumulator)
5) Labu (Accumulator)
6) Maxwell (Striker)
7) Inglis (Striker)

Look at England's 2019 lineup

1) Bairstow (Striker)
2) Roy (Striker)
3) Root (Accumulator)
4) Morgan (Striker)
5) Stokes (Accumulator with a 5th Gear)
6) Butler (Striker)
7) Moeen Ali (Accumulator in odi but with a 5th gear and can play both roles equally)

Now look at Pakistan’s line up before the NZ game in 2023

1) Abdullah (accumulator)
2) Imam (Accumulator)
3) Babar (Accumulator)
4) Rizwan (Accumulator)
5) Saud (Accumulator)
6) Chacha (Accumulator)
7) Shadab (Tailender Striker)
8) Nawaz (Accumulator)

It has to be a mix, not every game is going to give you a crapola bowling lineup like Sri lanka nor is Fakhar gonna kick off every game and perform his NZ antics.

Pakistan played this lineup and yet people are confused as to how they couldn't chase down 336 against England and only made 286 on a batting paradise against Afghanistan despite having wickets in hand for the most part.

This strategy of batting for 30 overs and then looking to chase 170-180 in the last 20 like a t20 game won't work 80% of the time.

It worked once again sri lanka only.

This lineup was badly exposed in the world cup and will be exposed again.

You can't have Abdullah, Babar, Rizwan and Saud come one after the other and then have agha and Shadab come.

Odi isn't test. In odi you need a mix of accumulators and strikers to succeed

Look at Australia's lineup in 2023

1) Travis (Striker)
2) Warner( Striker)
3) Marsh (Accumulator with 5th gear)
4) Smith (accumulator)
5) Labu (Accumulator)
6) Maxwell (Striker)
7) Inglis (Striker)

Look at England's 2019 lineup

1) Bairstow (Striker)
2) Roy (Striker)
3) Root (Accumulator)
4) Morgan (Striker)
5) Stokes (Accumulator with a 5th Gear)
6) Butler (Striker)
7) Moeen Ali (Accumulator in odi but with a 5th gear and can play both roles equally)

Now look at Pakistan’s line up before the NZ game in 2023

1) Abdullah (accumulator)
2) Imam (Accumulator)
3) Babar (Accumulator)
4) Rizwan (Accumulator)
5) Saud (Accumulator)
6) Chacha (Accumulator)
7) Shadab (Tailender Striker)
8) Nawaz (Accumulator)

It has to be a mix, not every game is going to give you a crapola bowling lineup like Sri lanka nor is Fakhar gonna kick off every game and perform his NZ antics.

Pakistan played this lineup and yet people are confused as to how they couldn't chase down 336 against England and only made 286 on a batting paradise against Afghanistan despite having wickets in hand for the most part.

This strategy of batting for 30 overs and then looking to chase 170-180 in the last 20 like a t20 game won't work 80% of the time.

It worked once again sri lanka only.
I agree but there’s no point if no actual good strikers exist or just aren’t ready. That sort of line up will comfortably last the full overs, and hopefully that in turn should allow the batsmen to bat a bit less under pressure knowing that if they get out there are solid batsmen to come. A lot of the time in recent past were struggling to even last the full amount of overs. I also think currently that line up will bear out a line up with a few striker picks because those picks are likely to fail presently.

Don’t expect all of those to succeed so the guy that comes in for one of them with bad form, will probably be a more aggressive batsman anyway.

Azam khan was terrible and I think we move on. Saim not ready. I don’t think Haris is ready either. Doubts over Usman. Farhan maybe deserves a chance, but I remember how bad he was when he was in the team years ago, he’ll have to have significantly improved. Haider ali out of favour. Sharjeel is older, fat, unfit and a fixer, not even playing PSL anymore, not a long term prospect. And most would have concluded Saim was the best out of all of those guys before he got that run. Not saying I wouldn’t bring in a striker when he hits form/ready. But I don’t think we have those options right now.

I agree but there’s no point if no actual good strikers exist or just aren’t ready. That sort of line up will comfortably last the full overs, and hopefully that in turn should allow the batsmen to bat a bit less under pressure knowing that if they get out there are solid batsmen to come. A lot of the time in recent past were struggling to even last the full amount of overs. I also think currently that line up will bear out a line up with a few striker picks because those picks are likely to fail presently.

Don’t expect all of those to succeed so the guy that comes in for one of them with bad form, will probably be a more aggressive batsman anyway.

Azam khan was terrible and I think we move on. Saim not ready. I don’t think Haris is ready either. Doubts over Usman. Farhan maybe deserves a chance, but I remember how bad he was when he was in the team years ago, he’ll have to have significantly improved. Haider ali out of favour. Sharjeel is older, fat, unfit and a fixer, not even playing PSL anymore, not a long term prospect. And most would have concluded Saim was the best out of all of those guys before he got that run. Not saying I wouldn’t bring in a striker when he hits form/ready. But I don’t think we have those options right now.
One key thing

No 1: Teams are built, not born. Yes saim ayub, Azam Khan, Usman Khan Do not have it in them to be international superstars, but case in point you build teams.

Fakhar Zaman had the greatest peak of any pakistani batter since saeed Anwar, No one can do what he can do when he's on song. However the issue with Fakhar was that he's inconsistent.

So what should the solution be? The solution should be to figure out how to make him more consistent correct? How to increase confidence?

Rohit sharma had a crapola 2021 and 2022 outing, it was terrible and Indian fans wanted rohit gone for ishan, But kohli outright refused, and said rohit's potential is unmatched.

Bcci made rohit captain, Scheduled games in India to regain his confidence as those are his favourite grounds etc etc and by 2023 he was ready.

But what did pakistan do? Did they schedule games for fakhar in his favourite grounds against Nz? Nope, they didn't do that until 2023. Instead they booted him out for Rizwan who granted is overhated and not that bad, but his peak will never cone anywhere close to even average afghani cricketers. Afterwards, they have frequently dropped him, Discarded him and brought him back as last ditch efforts for some poor runs.

Tayyab Tahir and Shabzada farhan were top scorers in acc emerging cups, the same cups where the likes of Saim Ayub and haris failed.

Saud shakeel and Abdullah already have 2 test doubke hundreds something babar or rizwan don't have.

Agha in his short span has already achieved more then Shadab ever will, has a higher Odi SR as well and is more aggressive by every metric.

Omair bin yousaf has shown extreme promise.

^^ Where all of these guys? Why was tayyab dropped for no reason when pakistan clearly doesn't have the luxury of strikers and needs one fast?

Why did saud and Agha have to Duke it out for the no 5 spot, whereas Rizwan, Chacha and Shadab got free rides?

Infact why was Agha removed from no 4 to no 5 anyway? Agha had scored 2 half centuries back to back at no 4 before being moved to 5 because rizwan cried tears in the media?

How can you develop teams, Define roles and ask players to develop when this is the drama that goes on.

Babar has played a plethora of games, he should have transitioned into an allformat batsmen now, Not a medicore accumulator , sane for rizwan, Shadab and Chacha.

Salman Ali Agha needs no justice. He has been a regular part of the set up in recent times with consistent chances in tests and ODIs. He was also very close of being picked for the T20 WC.

Credit to him for doing well. He may get a chance in T20s too, but I really want him to focus on Tests and ODIs, specially with the 50 over Champions Trophy in sight.

Salman Ali Agha needs no justice. He has been a regular part of the set up in recent times with consistent chances in tests and ODIs. He was also very close of being picked for the T20 WC.

Credit to him for doing well. He may get a chance in T20s too, but I really want him to focus on Tests and ODIs, specially with the 50 over Champions Trophy in sight.
He scored multiple half centuries back to back at no 4 last year in the NZ series but was pushed to no 5 over rizwan for no reason.

Then he and saud shakeel kept shuffling for no 5, why? Why couldn't both play?

On what basis did shadab, chacha and rizwan warrant a place over these 2?

On what basis did shadab, chacha and rizwan warrant a place over these 2?
Salman can esaily replace Iftikhar for sure.

Not gonna derail the thread but talking about other replacements (THREAD IS ABOUT SALMAN ONLY)

The chances Iftikhar got were more than enough to judge him that he is not what people think he is. Salman should be given equal opportunity to prove himself.

Dear brother, I am not sure whether are you deliberately trying to deny the facts or may be you are not aware how Agha Salman has been mistreated. In 2023 WC in which Pakistan played 9 matches, Agha Salman was selected only in last 3 games against Bangladesh, NZ & England when Pakistan was almost out of the WC. He didn't batted against Bang & NZ and scored 50 against England the only game in which he got a chance to bat. Tried & tested failures like Imam, Iftikhar, Shadab repeatedly got chances at different positions despite the fact that team was miserably loosing game after game. So many random players are tried in T20s and many proven failures are playing since since last 5-6 years but Agha Salman didn't got single opportunity.
Note: Wasim Jnr is getting similar treatment, warming the bench since 3 years

Dear brother, I am not sure whether are you deliberately trying to deny the facts or may be you are not aware how Agha Salman has been mistreated. In 2023 WC in which Pakistan played 9 matches, Agha Salman was selected only in last 3 games against Bangladesh, NZ & England when Pakistan was almost out of the WC. He didn't batted against Bang & NZ and scored 50 against England the only game in which he got a chance to bat. Tried & tested failures like Imam, Iftikhar, Shadab repeatedly got chances at different positions despite the fact that team was miserably loosing game after game. So many random players are tried in T20s and many proven failures are playing since since last 5-6 years but Agha Salman didn't got single opportunity.
Note: Wasim Jnr is getting similar treatment, warming the bench since 3 years
The reason agha was out was because Shadab, Chacha, Babar, Nawaz, and Rizwan are must inclusions that have zero flexibility because bobby is the most corrupt captain I've ever seen.

It's why agha and saud had a brawl for the no 5 spit when logically both should have played

Agha Ali Salman is more compotent & reliable then so many of his contemporaries.

Agha now needs his opportunities.

The reason agha was out was because Shadab, Chacha, Babar, Nawaz, and Rizwan are must inclusions that have zero flexibility because bobby is the most corrupt captain I've ever seen.

It's why agha and saud had a brawl for the no 5 spit when logically both should have played
Agree, logically both Saud & Agha must be in playing 11 with full backing from management. I wonder why nobody in PCB is seeing this injustice done to deserving players. Babar is running the show with full authority since last 6-7 years as he has strong backing from all corners but nobody in management is questioning him. It's a responsibility of a captain to improve bench strength by implementing strong rotation policy. It's a shame he is still not removed from captaincy from all formats, in fact he was made captain again in most unethical way.

Agree, logically both Saud & Agha must be in playing 11 with full backing from management. I wonder why nobody in PCB is seeing this injustice done to deserving players. Babar is running the show with full authority since last 6-7 years as he has strong backing from all corners but nobody in management is questioning him. It's a responsibility of a captain to improve bench strength by implementing strong rotation policy. It's a shame he is still not removed from captaincy from all formats, in fact he was made captain again in most unethical way.
Saud, Abdullah and Agha.

Ik people don't like Abdullah because he's a babar buddy and got fast tracked into the odi team but he has talent.

I don't see him as an opener who can change the game, but in odi I do see him as a guy who can stay for long periods of time and is just more reliable then Imam and plays at a higher SR. He'll compliment fakhar well, but he should not play t20.

As for saud, Saud and Agha must be in all formats regardless. These 2 are freakishly good if given the opportunity.

The fact shadab and chacha get a go ahead over these 2 is criminal.

yeah perfect batter for ODI and Test cricket but i think he must bat little higher maybe at #4 because he is a type of player who can build an inning.
No Saud Shakeel at 4 is better due to being able to bat long.

Agha at 5 in odi is fine, 5 is plenty of time to bat + his high Sr can be utilised here.

Saud and Agha are not rizwan, Saud showed in warmups + the odi games where he scored 50 that he's more than capable of upping the ante to 100-120 in odi.

They won't hog will the 40th making 50 of 80 and then leave the scoreboard at 200 forcing the lower order to make 120 in the last 10

The kid might has saved the series for Pakistan. What a knock!
Can't say if the match is saved but he is a good prospect in all formats. Some fans don't want to see him in ODI & T20 side because he is a threat to some fake stars who are playing since years

Why's he batting so low at 7 ?

Every time he comes to the crease during a rescue mission.

China ka Glen Maxwell.

But very good for our standards. Did his job so far and should be made permanent in all formats.

Salman is our spin bowling all rounder in test cricket but should not be relied upon for primary batting and bowling duties.

Hasn't amazed but has done decently well with the chances he has gotten. One of the ones who should be persisted with, more white ball chances would make sense also

Salman did fine whenever he had a chance. He is not your main spinner so do not try to make him one. He is a good lower order batter and should keep playing at 6-7.

Back