Khuda Aur Mohabbat [Merged]

Riff

First Class Star
Runs
Has anyone else seen this drama series?

I just completed season 1 yesterday and I have never seen anything like it.

Cant believe the season ended so quickly :(

Anyone know when season 2 is starting? I honestly dont see the point of another season after how it ended (avoid spoilers)

If anyone hasnt seen it, I highly recommend it. I dont really see asian movies or dramas, and this is the second Pakistani drama Ive seen. Its definitely worth a try. Here's a promo:

[utube]k3m3rKWWVtU[/utube]

i saw the promos but not a huge fan of watching daramas especially from Geo..they're usually crap

i saw the promos but not a huge fan of watching daramas especially from Geo..they're usually crap

I tend to avoid asian dramas altogether because they are generally intended for mature viewers, but this is different. You can give it a try perhaps. The episodes are on youtube :ajmal

No, no, no... anything can blow your mind...

THIS BLASTED MY MIND! :akhtar

lol. Have you read the novel? Is it gonna be as good from now on or worse?

This drama was definitely one of a kind.:yk

The song is awesome.

I havent seen it but tbh, Asian (Pakistani) drama's dont dont do that 'season 1, 2 etc etc'....but rather 'this many episodes and thats it, done'

I know its based on an excellent Urdu novel...im guessing its probably 'done and dusted' ala Pak drama's rather then, 'we'll be back with season 2 in 5 months time'

The song is awesome.

I havent seen it but tbh, Asian (Pakistani) drama's dont dont do that 'season 1, 2 etc etc'....but rather 'this many episodes and thats it, done'

I know its based on an excellent Urdu novel...im guessing its probably 'done and dusted' ala Pak drama's rather then, 'we'll be back with season 2 in 5 months time'

After the first season, the main dude in the drama says that he is looking forward to season 2. So dont know tbh.

It would make sense if they complete the rest of the novel. But Im confused as to how they will go about seeing as what happened at the end of season 1 :asif

It jus started here in Canada...On Saturdays I believe..
Hopefully will catch this saturdays

What was your reaction at the end of season 1 after you know what?

I was shell-shocked :chacha

umm yeah i thought it ended there

but theres a season 2

is he going to harrass another chick till she you know whats aswell...dont know...was pretty sad at the ennding

umm yeah i thought it ended there

but theres a season 2

is he going to harrass another chick till she you know whats aswell...dont know...was pretty sad at the ennding

Ive been hearing all kind of things about season 2. Like he's gonna go someplace and fight jews, and something to do with holocaust. Seems weird.

Will there be another perv like Abdullah in this season, who knows :asif

abdullah wasnt a perve :)))

lol

ahmed jehanzeb is actually a very good actor...awesome singer but great actor too

abdullah wasnt a perve :)))

lol

ahmed jehanzeb is actually a very good actor...awesome singer but great actor too

lol. Bro seriously, atleast the main guy was open about his feelings regarding the girl. Abdullah just use to stand in the corner and secretly stare at the girl and her feet when the molvi wasnt looking

Last edited:
lmao...interesting analysis

so its btr to be a open pervert than a hidden 1 :)))

man hammad watched her pray lol...secretly too and from the mirror in his car haha

It's just started in the UK last weekend! I haven't watched it yet as I just record them on my Sky+ and tend to record the whole lot and then gradually start watching!

Usually Javeria and Saud productions have come out with some OTT stuff like "Yeh Zindagi Hai" which I used to watch but eventually gave up as it was just crap really also they made "Yeh Kaisi Mohabbat Hai" on similar lines of the latter but I didn't watch any of that!

So this serial "Khuda aur Mohabbat" seems to be their first drama serial worth watching that is appealing and has some story to tell!

SPOILERT ALERT

It was a good show overall. But I didn't like how Iman had to be killed off due to the fact some "stress" was stopping her fever from getting better. That was a bit stupid IMO. O yea and I also thought Abdullah was pervy :)) and Hammad seemed like a very unstable person, crazed with infatuation. Like really, that wasn't even love. He barely knew her and was apparenty in love the moment he saw her eyes....and then her face. To each his own I guess.

Last edited:
^^ yeah nice analysis plus spoilers for those who havent seen it VM :p

the sickness was a bit ott tbh!...

Ive been hearing all kind of things about season 2. Like he's gonna go someplace and fight jews, and something to do with holocaust. Seems weird.

Will there be another perv like Abdullah in this season, who knows :asif
SPOILERT ALERT
Yea I believe the book revolves a bit around what u have just stated. I haven't fully read it though. Why will they need another perv? Lol...Iman is dead. Unless, Hammad falls in love with someone else's eyes at a first glance.

Last edited:
^^ yeah nice analysis plus spoilers for those who havent seen it VM :p

the sickness was a bit ott tbh!...

O snap! I thought this was sort of a review thread. My bad! Ok for people reading this post, do not read my posts above :) I was just feeling vengeful because someone else had ruined the ending for me :D

Yea I believe the book revolves a bit around what u have just stated. I haven't fully read it though. Why will they need another perv? Lol...Iman is dead. Unless, Hammad falls in love with someone else's eyes at a first glance.

thats what will probably happen...it was his stubborness that lead to the poor girls demise...and abdullah put burri nazar on imaans feet aswell

so when in doubt...wear shoes

SPOILERT ALERT

It was a good show overall. But I didn't like how Iman had to be killed off due to the fact some "stress" was stopping her fever from getting better. That was a bit stupid IMO. O yea and I also thought Abdullah was pervy :)) and Hammad seemed like a very unstable person, crazed with infatuation. Like really, that wasn't even love. He barely knew her and was apparenty in love the moment he saw her eyes....and then her face. To each his own I guess.

From my perspective, it wasnt just an ordinary fever. It was the inner conflict of her piety and how she felt for him.

But what I dont understand is what does her death represent? Was it meant to show that whatver she was feeling was wrong? :moyo

^^ i think she was in love with hammad too but also loved her dad...

so she chose to maybe die rather than dissapoint either of them?

Has anyone else seen this drama series?

I just completed season 1 yesterday and I have never seen anything like it.

Cant believe the season ended so quickly :(

Anyone know when season 2 is starting? I honestly dont see the point of another season after how it ended (avoid spoilers)

If anyone hasnt seen it, I highly recommend it. I dont really see asian movies or dramas, and this is the second Pakistani drama Ive seen. Its definitely worth a try. Here's a promo:

[utube]k3m3rKWWVtU[/utube]

If you like spiritualism then watch "Manchalay ka soda",

thats what will probably happen...it was his stubborness that lead to the poor girls demise...and abdullah put burri nazar on imaans feet aswell

so when in doubt...wear shoes

Thats it. I think Abdullah should be blamed for what happened to the girl. I bet the molvi would have leathered him the next day.

Yh could have been. But I thought the molvi accepted that she liked him when he told Abdullah to call the coolie for her?

Yh could have been. But I thought the molvi accepted that she liked him when he told Abdullah to call the coolie for her?

yeah but the molvi also had a pms fit earlier which probably lead to ther deterioration of health...thought he was gna stab shahkir with his staff...also why does shahkir sound like he is from the tribal belt? or is that dialect very common in the lahore area?

Thats it. I think Abdullah should be blamed for what happened to the girl. I bet the molvi would have leathered him the next day.

lol:))) with his staff...walking stick...ill be fair i only felt really sorry for him after what hammads parents did but apart from that he was pretty deet

I guess the message was supposed to be that loving someone is not haram. I still think her death was a bit exaggerated. Like she died because she thought she was committing a sin by loving Hammad and going against her dad/religion. And this was the stress. I thought it was a bit unrealistic that's all...the idea that medicines are not working because she somehow doesn't want to/can't get better because of the bojh of loving Hammad vs. Molvi sahab's ideologies. Like stress can weaken your immune system but over a LONG period of time and Pakistani dramas have been using the "stress causing death" card for far tooooo long. It is getting annoying.

Last edited:

I seriously detest how these women are portrayed. They would rather die instead of disappoint someone else. I need to watch more shows where the men die because they couldn't bear to bring 'dishonor' to the family/tradition. Getting tired of the sacrificial woman roles (and not just in terms of their life) that are so common in the subcontinent.

lol:))) with his staff...walking stick...ill be fair i only felt really sorry for him after what hammads parents did but apart from that he was pretty deet

He was a molvi so I guess he had a rep to protect. Why was he so old though? Looked like the girl's grandad. I think his hard work was rewarded later in life :zoni

I guess the message was supposed to be that loving someone is not haram. I still think her death was a bit exaggerated. Like she died because she thought she was committing a sin by loving Hammad and going against her dad/religion. And this was the stress. I thought it was a bit unrealistic that's all...<b>the idea that medicines are not working because she somehow doesn't want to/can't get better because of the bojh of loving Hammad vs. Molvi sahab's ideologies. Like stress can weaken your immune system but over a LONG period of time and Pakistani dramas have been using the "stress causing death" card for far tooooo long. It is getting annoying.

:))) lmao

He was a molvi so I guess he had a rep to protect. Why was he so old though? Looked like the girl's grandad. I think his hard work was rewarded later in life :zoni

lol...i dnt no man...i dont know the familys life history:p

the daughters were gdlukin

abdullah was a perve

molvi saab was deet

hammad was a mental case

poor iman

^
Pretty sure he is pakistani because I know he went to a Pakistani college in Islamabad. I have a relative who knows him from his college days. I am famous by association :D

^
Lol wats wrong with the word drama? Pakistani dramas are the best! This could be the official Pakistani dramas discussion thread. Now who has watched the drama called Parsa (it also has imran in it) and who is currently watching lamha lamha zindagi?

As long as stupid dramas like Rani beti raaj kare are not discussed, tis all good :)

^
Lol wats wrong with the word drama? Pakistani dramas are the best! This could be the official Pakistani dramas discussion thread. Now who has watched the drama called Parsa (it also has imran in it) and who is currently watching lamha lamha zindagi?

As long as stupid dramas like Rani beti raaj kare are not discussed, tis all good :)

any dramas similar to K.A.M?

any dramas similar to K.A.M?

Parsa is interesting. Muslim woman marries a Christian man who "converts" (played by imran). Without spoiling it, this is all I will say. But the idea of religion vs. love is there as well. They have all the episodes on YouTube I believe.

After seeing this thread I decided to watch Khuda Aur Mohabbat and I must this drama is exceptional! Easily one of the best I have seen! I would say this drama is as good as Meri Zaat Zerra-e-Benishan.

As Omar Bhai above said Javeria and Saud make crap and time waste dramas like the ones he mentioned above but this drama was an exception and was a brilliant drama!

As far role go I believe everyone did a fantastic job, in fact, I am starting to like Imran Abbas such a fine and brilliant actor he is! Simply brilliant!

I got a bit disappointed seeing season 2 coming out because I believe all of top Pakistani dramas in past and present have been of 10-25 episodes! But I hope it is better than Season 1.

Just a question guys is the cast crew like Imran Abbas/Hammad, Ahmed Jhanzaib/Abdullah etc going to be in there? Hammad has died so having him will be pointless in Season 2 :S

Also has Imran Abbas taken a break from dramas? I read this;

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...63398597787.189269.70157142787&type=1&theater

Parsa is interesting. Muslim woman marries a Christian man who "converts" (played by imran). Without spoiling it, this is all I will say. But the idea of religion vs. love is there as well. They have all the episodes on YouTube I believe.

Imran Abbas is not in Parsa, it is Ahsan Khan who has played Christian man role in Parsa.

Imran Abbas is not in Parsa, it is Ahsan Khan who has played Christian man role in Parsa.

No way! They look so alike! Or so I thought until you had to come in here and post some facts. Why could you not let me live peacefully in my bubble? *proceeds to cut wrists in a typical emo way*

Last edited:
No way! They look so alike! Or so I thought until you had to come in here and post some facts. Why could you not let me live peacefully in my bubble? *proceeds to cut wrists in a typical emo way*

No way! They don't look alike!

Haha my bad :(

I don't think he died. Besides, at the end of last episode, Imran Abbas said he will be back for season 2 and to continue supporting him.

Hmm I think he died because he got flashback of Iman words where she said 'they will live together in next life' so only if Iman and Hammad died that would be possible.

Maybe Season 2 would be of next life where both Iman and Hammad are together :20:

Also Firdous Jamaal's acting as retired commissioner was brilliant too!

His house was amazing, lovely house from inside and outside I liked it! :D Never thought there would be so good house in Bahawalpur to be honest.

^
you think Hammad will be back as a bhoot and Iman as a bhootni then? :)) Sadly, I would still watch the show if that were to happen :(

This is what I read regarding Season 2;

Basically he "comes to his senses" and goes to England for his Masters. There he meets a Jewish girl who becomes Muslim because of him and he names her Imaan. Not sure how they are going to play that out in the drama as to who they will cast as British people who can speak Urdu :p

VM, you're right Hammad doesn't die.

Main Abdul Qadir Hoon is also a nice drama with a good storyline. It also revolves around a similar topic, although a very different storyline.

Khuda aur Muhabbat. God is love or love is God?

I have only watched two Pakistani dramas in my life- Meri Zaat Zare Benishan & Khua aur Muhabbat. And what classic darmas these are!

The drama really makes one question the society we live in & the way we ourselves almost sleep walk through life.

I saw a great post by an poster named Sajjal & I thought I would share it with you lot & see what your opinions are:

The story revolves around the ages old conflict between religious ideology (Khuda) and human emotions (Mohabbat).

We all if not all than many have been seeing Khuda aur mohabbat and by now we have a basic idea about what the story is about, the struggles of love and the thorns placed around it not just by the society but it is bound by religion and for so. Hammad whom confesses to be in love with Iman, has not yet realized the true meaning of love but still he places his love above all and sets out to live a life through which he feels he can gain Imans love and her fathers approval of this love which is considered to be a sin for iman. While Iman she'd rather kill herself than let her fathers pride be stomped upon. She ofcourse is a very religious girl, having grown up with a father who himself is on the path of serving god, Iman is right behind him on this path.

Now that we have a basic overview of the story, what i want to know from you guys ...Love is God? Or God is Love?

Do you think for love you can leave everything just like hammad did? Do you think he was right to do so?, Is Iman being foolish or is she pertaining to her religious bounds?

In your veiw...do you support hammad who believes his love is God for him, Or Iman whom belives God is Love??

Even those who haven't watched the drama or read the novel, feel free to comment on your opinion- Love is God or God is Love?

In terms of God and Love...I think we would have to first define what qualifies as love, and it would be quite subjective IMO.

:ekdin کیا یہ ایک فلسفیانہ دھاگا ہے ؟

Is this a philosophical thread ?

i need to teach Urdu to all you mummy daddy PPers

SPOILER ALERT

I have watched first season of Khuda Aur Mohammad. I wasn't impressed because of the ending. Because of ending that motivated other person to adapt in form of suicide. Sacrificing one person, himself/herself for the sake of love, and Verily, very very serious Haraam, and unacceptable. Sacrificing himself/herself's life in the name of Allaah (SWT), for the sake of Allaah (SWT), and other than that, it's seriously very serious grave SIN. I am surprised by the motivation of this drama, and some Pakistani dramas are also picking up very similar themes. That's not healthy, and certainly, not gonna benefit to today generation that is literally in sense of Bollywood 'pyaar-vyaar' that will stop them from the seeking the true purpose of life.

Last edited:
^
MalikMohsin,
Although I liked the drama in general, that was also the one thing I noticed and had some issues about. Glad you mentioned it in this thread.

SPOILER ALERT

I have watched first season of Khuda Aur Mohammad. I wasn't impressed because of the ending. Because of ending that motivated other person to adapt in form of suicide. Sacrificing one person, himself/herself for the sake of love, and Verily, very very serious Haraam, and unacceptable. Sacrificing himself/herself's life in the name of Allaah (SWT), for the sake of Allaah (SWT), and other than that, it's seriously very serious grave SIN. I am surprised by the motivation of this drama, and some Pakistani dramas are also picking up very similar themes. That's not healthy, and certainly, not gonna benefit to today generation that is literally in sense of Bollywood 'pyaar-vyaar' that will stop them from the seeking the true purpose of life.
It's "Khuda aur Mohabbat", not "Khuda aur Muhammad".

In response to OP, God is The Loving (Al-Wadud). The popular saying "God is love" is just some televangenelical crap imho. Those sorts of slogans really grind my gears. Love is one of the blessings of Allah. At least that's my take

VioletMay, are you the one who has the novel and gave it to somebeast else? Just out of curiosity. My brother read it too, enjoyed it quite highly. It's not my type of story, though, tbh

Last edited:
^
Yes that was me. Wow, I didn't even notice it said Khuda Aur Mohammad. But i did just notice you said "somebeast" in the post above (unless that was intentional!) :))
But yea, I was mentioning in some other thread too about the sacrificial roles that are so prevalent nowadays. It gets annoying.

I haven't fully read it yet (its kinda long) but have seen season 1 like many others.

^
Yes that was me. Wow, I didn't even notice it said Khuda Aur Mohammad. But i did just notice you said "somebeast" in the post above (unless that was intentional!) :))
But yea, I was mentioning in some other thread too about the sacrificial roles that are so prevalent nowadays. It gets annoying.

I haven't fully read it yet (its kinda long) but have seen season 1 like many others.
Twas intentional old gel.

Just going on about the sacrificial roles...I completely agree with you. From a religious sense as MalikMohsin has said it just seems plain wrong to me...you've been blessed with somebody/something you love and try to equate that with God, which is just wrong from any perspective and a reason I think debates/questions like this are pretty useless, especially because the whole idea has been spawned by evangelists trying to market their respective religions with silly slogans like this.

And from a commonsense perspective it's quite irritating too, melodramatic and a slightly cheap attempt at romance. You and MalikMohsin basically summarized my views on this.

Yep it is quite long. My brother, a rather stolid but inwardly softhearted chap by nature, recommended it but it's not really my sort of thing. I'm more a derring-do happy-go-lucky adventure type siege warfare pirate battles stab-in-the-back twistaroos type reader, either that or murder mysteries. I don't really like long well written romance books lol

Last edited:
The only definition of 'God' that makes any sense to me is 'the aggregation of all love in the world'.

It's "Khuda aur Mohabbat", not "Khuda aur Muhammad".

In response to OP, God is The Loving (Al-Wadud). The popular saying "God is love" is just some televangenelical crap imho. Those sorts of slogans really grind my gears. Love is one of the blessings of Allah. At least that's my take

VioletMay, are you the one who has the novel and gave it to somebeast else? Just out of curiosity. My brother read it too, enjoyed it quite highly. It's not my type of story, though, tbh

Assalamu-Alaikum!

Thank for correcting me. My fingers are habit of typing Muhammad all the times which the good habits, Alhamdulillah, has taken my habit of fingers that provide the conversation through the keyboard.

Anyways, thank you for correcting me once again. Of course, i'd be foolish if i actually thought it's Khuda aur Muhammad, and otherwise, this drama wouldn't be all pyaar-vyaar drama at all. Just imagine the drama about Khuda aur Muhammad, Islam, and the messages of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), from Allaah (SWT). Praise be to Allaah (SWT) - Lord of the Worlds.

Instead, it's Khuda aur Mohabbat. Khair hai. It's good reminder of why love family, strangers, neighbor which are urgently most needed, but love story? Anyways, i assumed after reading the Drama title and expected more of somewhat like the possibility of Islamic influence to the society of reforming the nation, relationships, and play bigger role in uniting the whole nation meaning neighbor, strangers, enemies, ...etc, together. What drama it will be, Subhan'Allaah!

Assalamu-Alaikum!
Instead, it's Khuda aur Mohabbat. Khair hai. It's good reminder of why love family, strangers, neighbor which are urgently most needed, but love story? Anyways, i assumed after reading the Drama title and expected more of somewhat like the possibility of Islamic influence to the society of reforming the nation, relationships, and play bigger role in uniting the whole nation meaning neighbor, strangers, enemies, ...etc, together. What drama it will be, Subhan'Allaah!
For those who haven't read the book should realize that Season 1 was only half of the book. The rest of the book canters around *Spoiler Alert* how Imran moves to London to study & starts interacting with Jewish & Christians. Where else before all he did was party with these people, now a new born Muslim, Imran's interaction in university with other students are pure class.

Let's not judge the book based on season 1 of the tv show.

Thanks. Is there any other nice Pakistani novel that I can read?
Numerous. Music & writing are two 'artsy industry' careers that are doing great in Pakistan during these troubled times.

If you are into Khuda Aur Muhabbat type of books then it goes without saying your next book should be Meri Zaat Zare E Benishan.

Otherwise books in english such as 'The case of exploding Mangoes' (touch of political/islamic sort) are avaliable in international books stores such as the ones in Dubai Mall.

Back