Life and times of Justin Bieber

Looney

Senior T20I Player
Runs
AMSTERDAM, Netherlands -- Justin Bieber is raising eyebrows again with his life off the stage, the latest hiccup to hit his tumultuous worldwide tour.

The Canadian pop star is taking a beating online for a note that the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam says he left in its guestbook after touring the museum on Friday with his entourage.

On its Facebook page, the museum says Bieber wrote he hoped Frank "would have been a Belieber," the nickname embraced by his fans.

Many are expressing outrage on Facebook, accusing the 19-year-old crooner of being disrespectful and ignorant.

Some Twitter users are taking a more lighthearted tone, listing other historical figures that could have been fans under the hashtag #wouldhavebeenbeliebers.

Frank was a Jewish teenager who kept a diary while hiding from Nazi occupiers during the Second World War. She died in a concentration camp.

Her diary has become the most widely read document to emerge from the Holocaust.
The Anne Frank House says Bieber visited the museum for more than an hour before penning the note.

"Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber," the museum says he wrote.

"That little idiot is way too full of himself. She's an important historical figure so show some respect," one commenter wrote.

"What a immature and disgusting thing to write in her book!" read another message.
Others came to Bieber's defence, saying he should be commended for trying to learn about Frank and likely meant to say he would be honoured to count her among his fans.

The singer has made waves in recent weeks, stirring drama both on and off the stage with bizarre fashion choices, diva-like behaviour, and concert disruptions.

In one instance last month, the teen heartthrob was forced to leave a monkey in quarantine after German authorities said he didn't have the proper paperwork to take the animal into the country.

His tour has him booked with shows through August.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment...ully-she-would-have-been-a-belieber-1.1237385

Am I the only one who finds it hilarious ? :wahab:wahab

Anne Frank would have been a fast bowler in the mold of Curtly Ambrose had she been a gargantuan West Indian black man. :( Sad we never got to see her in action. Wasted talent.

Last edited:
It's not such an outrageous thing to write and to be honest, those who hold Anne Frank in high regard should be happy that he went there and brought attention to her diary. It's something most celebs would not have bothered with.

Justin Bieber on Anne Frank: 'Hopefully she would have been a Belieber'

He's being dumb like most celebs are, nothing much here except more people will know who Anne Frank was now.

At least he went to the museum and know his fans will know about her.

Nothing big.

I'm not Justin Bieber fan, but who makes a big deal out of stuff like this?

He didn't even disrespect her.

That wasnt disrespectful at all jeez; if anything its good that a lot of the new-age kids will be exposed to Anne Frank and her diary.

The museum defended him as well. Was a throwaway comment but he didn't mean anything bad by it, and the resulting moral outrage across the Internet has been as irritating as it has been false. Good on him for taking an interest in history.

This way his teen fans will learn about Ana Frank, so good for everyone.

Justin Bieber on Anne Frank: 'Hopefully she would have been a Belieber'

Ooooh look who he has upset.

What's the fuss here?

Strange 'furore'.

Anyway its a shame that these celebrity-worshipping young kids aren't interested in something as momentous as the Second World War or Anne Frank without the need for some celebrity endorsement.

Justin Bieber has revealed he has been struck by a virus that caused half of his face to be temporarily paralysed.

The Canadian superstar was recently forced to cancel dates in North America.

In a three-minute video on Instagram, Bieber, 28, revealed he has been diagnosed with a rare syndrome called Ramsay Hunt, which has left the right side of his face unable to move.

As he attempts to smile, blink, and move his face, one side remains still as he continues to speak.

"As you can probably see from my face, I have this syndrome called Ramsay Hunt and it is from this virus that attacks the nerve in my ear and my facial nerves, and has caused my face to have paralysis," he told fans.

"As you can see this eye is not blinking, I can't smile on this side of my face," he added.

"It's pretty serious, I wish this wasn't the case but obviously, my body's telling me I gotta slow down."

SKY

"Don't Buy It": Justin Bieber Says H&M Merchandise Of Him Is "Trash"

Singer Justin Bieber accused retailer Hennes & Mauritz AB of selling clothing depicting him without his consent.

"The H&M merch they made of me is trash and I didn't approve it," Bieber posted on Instagram. "Don't buy it."

Clothes in the H&M collection include sweatshirts, T-shirts and hoodies featuring Bieber's likeness, lyrics and branding. The retailer has previously sold Bieber's concert tour merchandise a few times, going back several years.

"I didn't approve any of the merch collection that they put up at H&M," Bieber wrote Monday. "All without my permission and approval."

A representative for H&M said the company followed proper approval procedures for the collection.

H&M has struggled with weak sales lately as the retailer tries to cope with high inflation and shaky consumer demand. Management aims to double sales by 2030.

NDTV

Back