List of TTFs (Tried & Tested Failures)

WebGuru

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Post of the Week
I was just thinking about creating a list of TTF's (Tried & Tested Failures) here at PP with the help of other PPer's so guys contribute in this thread and let' build a long list of TTF's...

I will start with:

Sir Imran Farhat!

Note: The TTF's can be from any team this thread is not for only Pakistani TTF's...

Last edited:
This thread will only make sense when you put down arguments with stats etc per each player - else we are left with people's personal likes and dislikes

Imran Farhat - reasons ? LOL whole world knows his shameless story

YK (odis) Statisitcally 2nd worse odi batsman in history , average of 18 against non minnows, last Ton in 2008, and his smile after he gets out the same way really annoys me

Malik - india basher

Nazir - no brain , waste of a talent he actually had potenial

Sohail tanvir - an old Abdul razzaq has better stats. Not even india would be proud of him . in t20s his so called best format he doesnt even take a wicket a game. Add to that his horrible feilding and batting. Ohh and that he bats himself infront of Hammad azam in Domestic, blatantly awful

Fasial Iqbal - Javed's nephew nuff said

This is what the stats say....

Surprisingly Malik doesn't make the list based off his career stats.

TTF.JPG

However he does make the list if you narrow down to a five year period.

TTF2.JPG

Last edited:
If a batter provides an alternative service (ie full time bowling or keeping) then they cant be classed as a TTF in the purest sense.

These are the guys that were/are on the way to becoming TTFs

Played between 20 and 50 games.

TTF3.JPG

makes it worse all 3 tons came in 2008, i think he averaged close too 70 then , good round of inda and minnow bashing

we should give :yk a break now he is out of the side.

He is a Test Legend and an India basher! Thats not a bad effort all things considered.

we should give :yk a break now he is out of the side.

He is a Test Legend and an India basher! Thats not a bad effort all things considered.

dont be naive bhai, 99% chance he will get selected in odis again, he seems determined to bring his average below 30 which would make him the worst odi bat too play more than 200 innings in history

dont be naive bhai, 99% chance he will get selected in odis again, he seems determined to bring his average below 30 which would make him the worst odi bat too play more than 200 innings in history

Will never play an ODI again... I think thats it now.

Will never play an ODI again... I think thats it now.

you know how it works here, once one batch of TTS are done they are given a break and new ones fill in a for a little while

If YK was half the saint he is made out to be he would have retired from odis by now for the benifit of the nation , only way he will never come back

Re: List of TTF's (Tried & Tested Failures)

you know how it works here, once one batch of TTS are done they are given a break and new ones fill in a for a little while

If YK was half the saint he is made out to be he would have retired from odis by now for the benifit of the nation , only way he will never come back

I see ur point.

We live in hope

all of them sir- hasn't succeeded in any, I think.

You think... or you are sure?

Because here is what happened to him in test matches.... see how he was dropped after 1 or 2 failures.... even after 100s;

. IMRAN NAZIR IN TEST MATCHES.....

Attachments

• IN.jpg
    IN.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 1,603
Now it's getting interesting with stats it make sense...

Imran Farhat - reasons ? LOL whole world knows his shameless story

YK (odis) Statisitcally 2nd worse odi batsman in history , average of 18 against non minnows, last Ton in 2008, and his smile after he gets out the same way really annoys me

Malik - india basher

Nazir - no brain , waste of a talent he actually had potenial

Sohail tanvir - an old Abdul razzaq has better stats. Not even india would be proud of him . in t20s his so called best format he doesnt even take a wicket a game. Add to that his horrible feilding and batting. Ohh and that he bats himself infront of Hammad azam in Domestic, blatantly awful

Fasial Iqbal - Javed's nephew nuff said

so your dislike of Iqbal is due to his uncle? Need to do better that bro!

They may come under TTF's:
Khalid Latif
Shoaib Khan Jr
Sohail Khan
Hasan Raza
Faisal Iqbal

Let's have some Indian flavor if my Indian friends don't get upset can we call Murali Vijay a future TTF? After scoring 196 runs in 11 ODI's with a highest of 33, averaging 17 and SR 61...

It's still too early for Murali to be labelled TTF, in past history one name which comes up is of Deep Dasgupta.

It's still too early for Murali to be labelled TTF, in past history one name which comes up is of Deep Dasgupta.

But it's not too early to call him a Future TTF saw him in both warms ups the guy got nothing to offer specially in foreign conditions and he wasn't able to score in 2 ODI's against Zimbabwe. Played his 5 ODI's at home but still wasn't able to click so i am just guessing a future TTF not a current TTF...

He had full support of Srini Mama and Kris Srikanth, it would be tough for him to make his place in Indian XI from now on, unless the duo comes back.

Not from Pakistan, but I remember Marcus North being picked a lot for the Aussies a few years ago.

In the current squad for the Champions Trophy

Hafeez
Farhat
Malik
K Akmal

Imran Farhat has to be the biggest TTF ever.
I don't think he has even won a single MoM award.

Kamran Akmal is still underutilized I think, in batting. He needs to be persisted with in LOI. He is not a bad batsman.

Imran Farhat has to be the biggest TTF ever.
I don't think he has even won a single MoM award.

Kamran Akmal is still underutilized I think, in batting. He needs to be persisted with in LOI. He is not a bad batsman.

Yes he is , his record is not far from afridi's and even at the top of the order he averages less than 30 I think. Always gets out cutting too gully

so your dislike of Iqbal is due to his uncle? Need to do better that bro!

Maybe because that's the only reason he is selected. His record is abysmal, he is getting old. Why else do you think he is getting picked? Pls don't say domestic peformances, many batsman ahead of him in that regard

1.Farhat
2.Kamran Akmal
3.Shoaib Malik
4.Yasir Arafat
5.Sohail Tanvir

p kumar, v kumar, dinda..... probably all indian bowlers.

from batsman point of view, 1st thing come to mind is Dinesh Karthik. Not good enough for international cricket.

Kamran akmal is somewhere in between TTF and crap .like afridi. Both have had some extrodinary innings and many people rate kamran's Karachi Ton as among the best in history

Plus both were crucial to pak getting the t20 World Cup , so some saving grace

from batsman point of view, 1st thing come to mind is Dinesh Karthik. Not good enough for international cricket.

P Kumar did decently in the limited test chances he got. He is not an ODI bowler anyway.

lol trying to hide :kami

Sorry how?

You could say his keeping is not up to scratch but as a batter an average of close to 30 as a second suit is good by Pakistani standards.

Not from Pakistan, but I remember Marcus North being picked a lot for the Aussies a few years ago.

I think he had his greatest ever performance v Pakistan.

So we got indian flavor now let's add some western flavor...

Sorry to BD fans but Mohammad Ashraful looks like one of the biggest TTF of all time playing as opener and after 177 ODI's still got average of 22 and after 61 Tests as opener average 24 playing since 2001...

Last edited:

So we got indian flavour now let's add some western falvor...

Sorry to BD fans but Mohammad Ashraful looks like one of the biggest TTF of all time playing as opener and after 177 ODI's still got average of 22 and after 61 Tests as opener average 24 playing since 2001...

Only Hafeez challenges him if u ignore bowling.

So we got indian flavour now let's add some western falvor...

Ashraful was touted as the next :sachin... what a waste of talent!

Tim Bresnan from England joins the list

Averages 31 (in test) and 20 (in ODIs) with the bat
Averages 33 (in test) and 36 (in ODIs) with the ball

bits and pieces player is a bits and pieces player.

Darren Bravo (Predicted as Next Lara) may fall into this list in future too...

List of TTF's (Tried & Tested Failures)

It was good for Nazir to get dropped from the test team. He had a good start but the way he plays, he would have brought his average to mid 20s by now.

Mohammad Sami
Averages 52 with the ball after playing 36 tests :facepalm::facepalm: what a waste of talent!

Sami made 15 16 comebacks i think. He Started his career as if he would break marshall's records.

:malik
:kami
:hafeez (as a top order batsman)
:farhat
:iamlegend
:sami
:yk (in ODIs ofcourse , though he had his moments)

So still anybody got doubts over Kakmal as a TTF? and Hafeez a TTF (Top Order ODI Batsman)

bump
Ishant Sharma is one (even at the age of 24)
played 50 tests, bowling average of 38
the worst bowling average for any bowler who has played 50 tests or more.

bump
Ishant Sharma is one (even at the age of 24)
played 50 tests, bowling average of 38
the worst bowling average for any bowler who has played 50 tests or more.

Indeed, but still one of India's greatest ever bowlers (I believe only 9-10 Indians have taken more Test wickets than him)

India :facepalm:

Irfan Pathan would have been a better choice than Ishant. Irfan is a decent batter as well and his bowling will be effective in England.

Lol way to reverse jinx him. Ishant strikes :))

Kamran akmal is touted as the only option with no alternative , when has any other keeper been given enough chances to prove himself in the limited over format. By chance we mean 10 15 consecutive games not 3 games and then dropped. We have to be patient with the new keeper as we know k akmal cant improve.

Kamran akmal is touted as the only option with no alternative , when has any other keeper been given enough chances to prove himself in the limited over format. By chance we mean 10 15 consecutive games not 3 games and then dropped. We have to be patient with the new keeper as we know k akmal cant improve.

Agree

Very good post there Jibran . We have young keepers who can bat well . Kamran is not good enough for this era

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Another entry is Naved-ul-Hasan in Tests...

Chamara Kapugedera from Lanka another TTF played 92 ODI's and averaging 22 with the bat never scored a 100 only scored 8 fifties in 92 matches...

Dernbach another TTF after playing 24 ODI's average 42+ with the ball and economy 6.35...

List of TTF's (Tried & Tested Failures)

Kamran has serious competition now from Rizwan and Jamal.

Adnan isn't suited for ODIs and Sarfraz is a club level cricketer.

Zulqarnain has mental issues.

Surprised to see only one person mentioned Imran Nazir name here...

No one is a Tried and Tested Failure. Everyone can work hard to up their game and earn a recall and come back a better player.

No one is a Tried and Tested Failure. Everyone can work hard to up their game and earn a recall and come back a better player.

I agree with your point a player can always improve but what about those players who failed to deliver even after 5 or more comebacks in team? Performed in domestic season got their place back in team but again failed to execute at international level?

1)Imran nazir
2)Awais Zia
3)Younis khan
4)Imran Farhat Captain
5)Shoaib Malik
6)Faisal Iqbal
7)Kamran Akmal
8)Tanvir Ahmed
9)Yasir Arafat
10)Sohail Tanvir
11)Wahab Riaz

Back