Lucky bat, eh?

Cover Drive

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Just read this on Cricinfo'

''Sachin Tendulkar has scored 13 hundreds with this bat, according to Sunil Gavaskar''

It is quite interesting to see how much Sachin cares about a bat. If you do a bit research you will notice that Sachin uses this same bats only in games not in nets. This is the same bat with which Sachin scored double century in ODI.

I am not sure but if Sachin believe so much in a bat then I would say this bat is really on its last leg. Even if Sachin gets a refurb the bat will not be same at all.

This bat doesn't have enough life to be used against New Zealand :).

Attachments

• TB.jpg
    TB.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 1,082
  • TB1.jpg
    TB1.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 1,130
  • TB2.jpg
    TB2.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 1,208
  • TB3.jpg
    TB3.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 1,049
  • TB5.jpg
    TB5.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 1,120
Amazing ... just imagine how much this Bat would fetch if this is auctioned :)

Notice the middle of the bat...damn! Shows the class of the man!!!

Indeed it would! BUT the bat has gone past its life. If you look at the middle of the bat you will notice that the wood has come off top of the bat. In other words, wood is coming off the bat's middle as well. All grains seem to have cracked as well so I don't think it will last another series.

Its not only bats but Sachin seem to have belif in his equipments. I mean if you look at his pictures and notice his pads they have some foam stuffed in. I mean he can easily afford to buy the brand itself let alone pads, bats etc. But he still uses old worn out stuff!

Why didnt Sachin used this bat when playing in SA ,World Cup Final and against 2 W's and other great fast bowlers in 90s??

Why didnt Sachin used this bat when playing in SA ,World Cup Final and against 2 W's and other great fast bowlers in 90s??

Perhaps he didn't have this bat in 90's? Perhaps he didn't feel it was a lucky bat during that era if he had it.

Amazing ... The bat is worn out right in the middle which shows how consistently he middles the ball right in center, perfection of class

Its not only bats but Sachin seem to have belif in his equipments. I mean if you look at his pictures and notice his pads they have some foam stuffed in. I mean he can easily afford to buy the brand itself let alone pads, bats etc. But he still uses old worn out stuff!

Recession hai na.. He is saving for the double dip recession. :)

Perhaps he didn't have this bat in 90's? Perhaps he didn't feel it was a lucky bat during that era if he had it.

Perhaps he used it but failed because of the limited ability & talent in era of difficult pitches & good fast bowlers.....:inti

Amazing ... The bat is worn out right in the middle which shows how consistently he middles the ball right in center, perfection of class

Ofcourse if you middle the ball you will get the best result. He has scored 13 centuries and with his class if he doesn't middle much then it would be shame.

Amazing na.. he still has 49 centuries to his name.

you are saying as if he has failed in the past without this bat.

Its not the bat which does everything mate! My point was just that Sachin is one of the few who believe in their bats.

ofcourse exceptional onnce in a life time talent (tendulkar) + the bat???

ofcourse he will make runs with this bat....

send shoiab akhtar over, lets see how long the bat survives. tendulkar is afters thing :yk

good question -

in 1990s,
matches played - 69,
runs scored - 5626,
average - 58,
centuries - 22 ( 3 in aus, 3 in eng, 2 in SA)
not bad....

world cup -
matches played - 36,
runs scored - 1800,
average - 58
the man does know when to raise the game

IMO it doesnt matter what bat Tendulkar uses whilst playing cricket, he will still score big runs. Masterclass he is.

and u seem to be forgetting the 2003 world cup PAK vs IND..........

no no i do remember the 3rd test in 1999

Akhtar-Tendulkar_1371072.jpg

its all in the brain :akhtar

Its not the bat which does everything mate! My point was just that Sachin is one of the few who believe in their bats.
I remember in one of his interview he mentioned about his pads. These are very old style pads with buckle and stuff.

He doesn't use them in ODIs and use only in tests. He said he is more comfortable in pads with buckle than straps. So thats why he uses these old style pads in tests.

I feel BCCI should now open a kind of museum like the one they have at lords. May be good galleries at main stadiumm. I don't think many of our grounds have any except PCA, Mohali and wankhade.

We have a good enough history in Cricket now to fill them. This bat and pads will make their way to those galleries one day. :)

Sachin is amazingly superstitious about his equipment and not only Sachin a lot of other cricketers as well. I have read that most of cricketers don't like to change shirts trousers when they are batting over tea or lunch or even end of the day while playing an inning.

Let alone the bat changing a bat does matters really.

was tendulkar as good as this at start of his career or did he gradually become a better player better?

hope a pkaistani batsmen can do something like this special guy although im not too fond of india buh still admmire him for his class

I remember in one of his interview he mentioned about his pads. These are very old style pads with buckle and stuff.

He doesn't use them in ODIs and use only in tests. He said he is more comfortable in pads with buckle than straps. So thats why he uses these old style pads in tests.

Actually the pads are not old style. They are still available in the market and they are the lightest pads in the market. Its Morrant International. I have never seen one in flesh but have heard they are the lighest in the market and are very good pads.

So Sachin uses them in ODIs and Test matches whereas ODIs one are obviously coloured.

Would it be possible for you to find that interview and share with us? I would really appreciate it!

I feel BCCI should now open a kind of museum like the one they have at lords. May be good galleries at main stadiumm. I don't think many of our grounds have any except PCA, Mohali and wankhade.

We have a good enough history in Cricket now to fill them. This bat and pads will make their way to those galleries one day. :)

I agree! These bats, pads etc are very unique items and you don't come across these very frequently so its better to save them for history.

I don't believe in "lucky" equipment but personally I think it would be horribly difficult to maintain the same flow batting overnight

So Sachin uses them in ODIs and Test matches whereas ODIs one are obviously coloured.

Would it be possible for you to find that interview and share with us? I would really appreciate it!

He uses other pads (without buckle) sometimes in ODIs. You can hear him mentioning that too.

And here is that interview

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RKakUX1dSDY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RKakUX1dSDY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

ofcourse he will make runs with this bat....

send shoiab akhtar over, lets see how long the bat survives. tendulkar is afters thing :yk

the question is how long Shoaib will survive? 3 overs? or may b 4? lets say 4.2? and cramps starts.

Most of us have seen this interview but just for ppl who haven't

Sachin's first interview - sipping cutting (half tea)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CMG1PaR4Vy4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CMG1PaR4Vy4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
So Sachin uses NewBerry bats and not the ones that were made for him by BASS?

FFS we've been over this before. Just because a bat has a hammer edge sheet on it, doesn't mean it's definitely a Newbery.

I agree with SempreSami :)

Players get bats from everywhere, today I was talking to a Pakistani pro who was at camp in NCA and he had three bats (1 match bat and 2 net bats) and all three were from different manufacture.

I agree with SempreSami :)

Players get bats from everywhere, today I was talking to a Pakistani pro who was at camp in NCA and he had three bats (1 match bat and 2 net bats) and all three were from different manufacture.

which manufacturers?

did u take any pics?

He was himself showing me his match bat and was infront of me so couldn't take pictures of them.

Three manufactures were: SS, CA (match bat, world cup one) and AS

The SS one was a bit heavy while AS was just an orfinary bat. All three bats were according to his specs and the one which was best was match bat/CA one. It had no concaving and was like old Gray Nicolls Powerbow shape which I like!

Attachments

• 140488.jpg
    140488.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 768
  • 426749_285028931559444_188829454512726_839560_1059097073_n.jpg
    426749_285028931559444_188829454512726_839560_1059097073_n.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 445
  • 306934_210082582387413_188829454512726_611779_466424337_n.jpg
    306934_210082582387413_188829454512726_611779_466424337_n.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 520
  • 311021_208754352520236_188829454512726_607057_1266606160_n.jpg
    311021_208754352520236_188829454512726_607057_1266606160_n.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 466
  • 268709_188884304507241_188829454512726_541656_821254_n.jpg
    268709_188884304507241_188829454512726_541656_821254_n.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 490
Yup I have seen that

I think Gayle was just told to hold the bat and get a picture taken :)

It's ok be supersitious about bat/equipment imo. In the middle while batting you don't want to find out your bat doesn't have the usual balance and feel.It's better to take your trusted bat since all the other parameters vary a lot. This is common even in club level, look at the pros they all have little routines/mannerisms.It's all about making your stay comfortable at the crease.

It's ok be supersitious about bat/equipment imo. In the middle while batting you don't want to find out your bat doesn't have the usual balance and feel.It's better to take your trusted bat since all the other parameters vary a lot. This is common even in club level, look at the pros they all have little routines/mannerisms.It's all about making your stay comfortable at the crease.

I do agree..but bats with fine stickers & stuffs looks good. And, don't know why, they feel even better to play. Cuz we like it, and so feels precious to play with it.

I agree, however, I also believe that if for example your bat is made on GM CNC machine then all of those bats will have same bats.

But in SRT case his bats are not made on GM CNC so I do fully agree with you :)

Yup you got that right & since everyone is agreeing with you then I am also agreeing with you...:D

Last edited:
I agree, however, I also believe that if for example your bat is made on GM CNC machine then all of those bats will have same bats.

But in SRT case his bats are not made on GM CNC so I do fully agree with you :)
I thought CNC is based on shape rather than weight,hence different weights available.If CNC is based on weight, it could end making some low density clefts pretty useless. I could be wrong though.:)

Yup you got that right & since everyone is agreeing with you then I am also agreeing with you...:D

HAHAHA LOL:)))

I thought CNC is based on shape rather than weight,hence different weights available.If CNC is based on weight, it could end making some low density clefts pretty useless. I could be wrong though.:)

It is shape based, however, if there are two of same weight bats and same pickup index then everything of those two bats should be same.

You get what I mean? :20:

Back