Member Interview: Hasan123

hadi123

Test Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
PakPassion.net: What are your interests apart from cricket?

Hasan123:
My other interests apart from cricket are football, wrestling, and watching TV series. I am as passionate about football as I am cricket. I support Arsenal.

PakPassion.net: Which country would you love to visit that you haven't yet?

Hasan123:
I would love to visit Australia and New Zealand. I think Australia has really nice sites, also the wildlife is something that really interests me.

PakPassion.net: What brought you to PakPassion?

Hasan123:
What brought me to this forum was the opportunity to discuss cricket. I live in a place where cricket is not really popular. People do watch cricket but I don't think they are passionate about the sport. PP has a variety of opinions, some I agree with and some I don't. But that's what makes this forum so interesting. Also enjoy the interviews [MENTION=9]Saj[/MENTION] has done in the past . So having a chance to discuss cricket with knowledgeable people and a chance to post my opinions somewhere is a big reason why I joined this forum. I would recommend it to any passionate cricket fan. I have learnt so much from the posters on this forum.

PakPassion.net: Is Najam Sethi the right man to head the PCB?

Hasan123:
I think he has done a good job with the PSL. But how I will judge Sethi is by seeing how he improves domestic cricket. This is an area which we must improve to produce quality sides and to stay amongst the elite of cricket. He has done well with trying to get cricket back into Pakistan. But domestic cricket must be improved. As of now I will say he is the right man to lead the PCB. But if there is no improvement in domestic cricket, we should be looking to find someone who will.

PakPassion.net: Can Pakistan cricket rid itself of corruption at all levels?

Hasan123:
This is something which must be done from a young age. They must educate everyone about why corruption is bad. I think PCB need to try and support players with this. But if I am being honest it will be difficult to get rid of corruption completely. I think anyone that is caught fixing should be banned for life. This will send a message that corruption will not be tolerated. Furthermore I believe that not punishing corruption allows people to think they can get away with it. I hope to never seen another Pakistan player involved in a fixing scandal. The Sharjeel Khan scandal really hurt me as I thought Pakistan were away from that type of scandal and controversy. But that saga also shows how easily it is to get into fixing. That's why PCB must educate from a young age.

PakPassion.net: Who are your favourite posters?

Hasan123:
[MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION]- an absolutely brilliant poster. I have never seen someone with so much knowledge on cricket. He could write cricket articles. Don't always agree with his sarcastic comments but they are usually funny.
[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] - not everyone's favourite but what I like about him is he just says his honest opinion. I think some on this forum are just biased towards Pakistan players for the sake of it. With Mamoon he won't sugar coat it and will give his honest opinion. I don't always agree with his opinions but I think he brings a good balance to this forum. I'll always stop to read his posts.

Some of my other favourites are [MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION], [MENTION=53290]Markhor[/MENTION], [MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] , [MENTION=141557]Chief Destroyer[/MENTION], [MENTION=139765]Arham_PakFan[/MENTION], sorry if I missed anyone out. There are loads of good posters on this forum. Even I don't agree with some people, every posters brings something to the forum.

PakPassion.net: Which players in domestic cricket would you like to see in the Pakistan team?

Hasan123:
Hussain Talat is one player I would like to see. He has the ability to bat the modern way and also offers a bowling option. I would also like to see Sahibzada Farhan given a chance if he continues his good form. Others i want to see given a go are Usama Mir, Imam-ul-Haq in the Test squad and Raza Hasan. I think there are some really talented young players in our domestic system. The worry I have is that the domestic system makes our players regress often. Look at how Steve Smith went to Shield cricket and improved after playing it. Had he been a Pakistani player he would have been lost into the abyss.

PakPassion.net: Do you think Babar Azam deserves a spot in the current Pakistan Test XI?

Hasan123:
Based on his scores in Test cricket he doesn't deserve his place. But I would stick with him because he has the potential to be a very good Test batsman. I don't think he has played enough 1st class cricket but sending him back to our domestic system will only make him regress as a player and he will lose some of his stroke making ability which could affect his LO game. The only way he is going to learn about Test cricket is by batting in the middle. I would give him another UAE series and then evaluate from there. I think once he gets a big score like he did in LO, he will kick on. Also we need to settle on a position for him. Consistently moving him around can't help his confidence. In ODIs he knows where he is batting and knows his role. Clarity in the test team will help him a lot. I see him as a number 3 or number 4.

PakPassion.net: What do you do for a living?

Hasan123:
I am an accounts advisor

PakPassion.net: Do you think that Hashim Amla would warrant a spot in an ATG XI?

Hasan123:
No, not for me. He is a very good batsman but I don't rate him as an ATG. He has choked in big games and I think he has struggled in tests once Kallis and Smith retired. He should have taken the responsibility but he hasn't. Look at how Smith and Kohli have taken the responsibility in their teams once the experienced players have retired. My opinion may upset some on this forum but Amla is not a batsmen who should be mentioned with Sachin Tendulkar, Brian Lara and Viv Richards.

PakPassion.net: Do you watch any TV series? If so, which is your favourite?

Hasan123:
I have watched The Sopranos, The Shield, The Wire, Prison
Break and Dexter. Currently I am watching The Blacklist and Power. My favourite TV show would have to be The Sopranos. Love how they make every character feel important. Also love The Wire for the same reasons.

PakPassion.net: Democracy or Dictatorship and why?

Hasan123:
Democracy. Everyone deserves a chance.

PakPassion.net: What do you think needs to be done to revive Test Cricket?

Hasan123:
I think Test cricket can be revived by simply making a contest between bat and ball. No one wants to see batsmen dominate bowlers. If there is something in it for the bowlers it keeps everyone in the game. Look at the 1st Ashes Test; when the pitch was decent it kept everyone in the game and also kept everyone hooked. Test cricket can be enjoyable when played in the correct and fair conditions. Test cricket will always have a special place in my heart, it was the 2005 Ashes that got me into cricket. Will never forget the moments from that series, Ponting being cut open on the cheek by a bouncer from Harmison. KP taking apart Warne, England's run chase in the 4th Test. Day/night cricket is another way of attracting viewers into test cricket as it allows people to watch the last session. Also the last session brings the bowlers into the game in most countries.

I do not want to see Tests reduced to 4 days as I don't think 1 less day will improve Test cricket as people can't stay around for 5 days so don't understand how reducing it by 1 day will help. Adding some LO rules to Tests could also help Test cricket. ICC has a big job on their hands to keep Test cricket relevant.

PakPassion.net: What is your favourite food and who is your favourite movie actor/actress?

Hasan123:
Favourite food is pizza and my favourite actor is probably Denzel Washington

PakPassion.net: What would be your PP ODI XI?

Hasan123:

MMHS
Markhor
Mamoon
Shaz619
Junaids
Sensible-indian-fan
Chief Destroyer
Cricketjoshila
Hawkeye
Haroon786
Justcrazy

A great interview, thanks to [MENTION=141114]Hasan123[/MENTION] for his answers.

Last edited:
Other posters I like which I didn't mention were [MENTION=139595]Ab Fan[/MENTION],and [MENTION=97523]Buffet[/MENTION]

Well done!

"I think Test cricket can be revived by simply making a contest between bat and ball"

Unfortunatley not many boards interested in this - its all about winning and do whatever to ensrue home side wins

Well done!

"I think Test cricket can be revived by simply making a contest between bat and ball"

Unfortunatley not many boards interested in this - its all about winning and do whatever to ensrue home side wins

Agreed. Also some boards want games to go on 5 days for extra revenue.

Well done!

I'd like to think the wickets in England are generally more sporting compared to those around the world, one idea would be to scrap the toss for touring teams!

PakPassion.net: What are your interests apart from cricket?

Hasan123:
My other interests apart from cricket are football, wrestling, and watching TV series. I am as passionate about football as I am cricket. I support Arsenal.

PakPassion.net: Which country would you love to visit that you haven't yet?

Hasan123:
I would love to visit Australia and New Zealand. I think Australia has really nice sites, also the wildlife is something that really interests me.

PakPassion.net: What brought you to PakPassion?

Hasan123:
What brought me to this forum was the opportunity to discuss cricket. I live in a place where cricket is not really popular. People do watch cricket but I don't think they are passionate about the sport. PP has a variety of opinions, some I agree with and some I don't. But that's what makes this forum so interesting. Also enjoy the interviews [MENTION=9]Saj[/MENTION] has done in the past . So having a chance to discuss cricket with knowledgeable people and a chance to post my opinions somewhere is a big reason why I joined this forum. I would recommend it to any passionate cricket fan. I have learnt so much from the posters on this forum.

PakPassion.net: Is Najam Sethi the right man to head the PCB?

Hasan123:
I think he has done a good job with the PSL. But how I will judge Sethi is by seeing how he improves domestic cricket. This is an area which we must improve to produce quality sides and to stay amongst the elite of cricket. He has done well with trying to get cricket back into Pakistan. But domestic cricket must be improved. As of now I will say he is the right man to lead the PCB. But if there is no improvement in domestic cricket, we should be looking to find someone who will.

PakPassion.net: Can Pakistan cricket rid itself of corruption at all levels?

Hasan123:
This is something which must be done from a young age. They must educate everyone about why corruption is bad. I think PCB need to try and support players with this. But if I am being honest it will be difficult to get rid of corruption completely. I think anyone that is caught fixing should be banned for life. This will send a message that corruption will not be tolerated. Furthermore I believe that not punishing corruption allows people to think they can get away with it. I hope to never seen another Pakistan player involved in a fixing scandal. The Sharjeel Khan scandal really hurt me as I thought Pakistan were away from that type of scandal and controversy. But that saga also shows how easily it is to get into fixing. That's why PCB must educate from a young age.

PakPassion.net: Who are your favourite posters?

Hasan123:
[MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION]- an absolutely brilliant poster. I have never seen someone with so much knowledge on cricket. He could write cricket articles. Don't always agree with his sarcastic comments but they are usually funny.
[MENTION=131701]Mamoon[/MENTION] - not everyone's favourite but what I like about him is he just says his honest opinion. I think some on this forum are just biased towards Pakistan players for the sake of it. With Mamoon he won't sugar coat it and will give his honest opinion. I don't always agree with his opinions but I think he brings a good balance to this forum. I'll always stop to read his posts.

Some of my other favourites are [MENTION=134809]sensible-indian-fan[/MENTION], [MENTION=53290]Markhor[/MENTION], [MENTION=100918]Square Drive[/MENTION] , [MENTION=141557]Chief Destroyer[/MENTION], [MENTION=139765]Arham_PakFan[/MENTION], sorry if I missed anyone out. There are loads of good posters on this forum. Even I don't agree with some people, every posters brings something to the forum.

PakPassion.net: Which players in domestic cricket would you like to see in the Pakistan team?

Hasan123:
Hussain Talat is one player I would like to see. He has the ability to bat the modern way and also offers a bowling option. I would also like to see Sahibzada Farhan given a chance if he continues his good form. Others i want to see given a go are Usama Mir, Imam-ul-Haq in the Test squad and Raza Hasan. I think there are some really talented young players in our domestic system. The worry I have is that the domestic system makes our players regress often. Look at how Steve Smith went to Shield cricket and improved after playing it. Had he been a Pakistani player he would have been lost into the abyss.

PakPassion.net: Do you think Babar Azam deserves a spot in the current Pakistan Test XI?

Hasan123:
Based on his scores in Test cricket he doesn't deserve his place. But I would stick with him because he has the potential to be a very good Test batsman. I don't think he has played enough 1st class cricket but sending him back to our domestic system will only make him regress as a player and he will lose some of his stroke making ability which could affect his LO game. The only way he is going to learn about Test cricket is by batting in the middle. I would give him another UAE series and then evaluate from there. I think once he gets a big score like he did in LO, he will kick on. Also we need to settle on a position for him. Consistently moving him around can't help his confidence. In ODIs he knows where he is batting and knows his role. Clarity in the test team will help him a lot. I see him as a number 3 or number 4.

PakPassion.net: What do you do for a living?

Hasan123:
I am an accounts advisor

PakPassion.net: Do you think that Hashim Amla would warrant a spot in an ATG XI?

Hasan123:
No, not for me. He is a very good batsman but I don't rate him as an ATG. He has choked in big games and I think he has struggled in tests once Kallis and Smith retired. He should have taken the responsibility but he hasn't. Look at how Smith and Kohli have taken the responsibility in their teams once the experienced players have retired. My opinion may upset some on this forum but Amla is not a batsmen who should be mentioned with Sachin Tendulkar, Brian Lara and Viv Richards.

PakPassion.net: Do you watch any TV series? If so, which is your favourite?

Hasan123:
I have watched The Sopranos, The Shield, The Wire, Prison
Break and Dexter. Currently I am watching The Blacklist and Power. My favourite TV show would have to be The Sopranos. Love how they make every character feel important. Also love The Wire for the same reasons.

PakPassion.net: Democracy or Dictatorship and why?

Hasan123:
Democracy. Everyone deserves a chance.

PakPassion.net: What do you think needs to be done to revive Test Cricket?

Hasan123:
I think Test cricket can be revived by simply making a contest between bat and ball. No one wants to see batsmen dominate bowlers. If there is something in it for the bowlers it keeps everyone in the game. Look at the 1st Ashes Test; when the pitch was decent it kept everyone in the game and also kept everyone hooked. Test cricket can be enjoyable when played in the correct and fair conditions. Test cricket will always have a special place in my heart, it was the 2005 Ashes that got me into cricket. Will never forget the moments from that series, Ponting being cut open on the cheek by a bouncer from Harmison. KP taking apart Warne, England's run chase in the 4th Test. Day/night cricket is another way of attracting viewers into test cricket as it allows people to watch the last session. Also the last session brings the bowlers into the game in most countries.

I do not want to see Tests reduced to 4 days as I don't think 1 less day will improve Test cricket as people can't stay around for 5 days so don't understand how reducing it by 1 day will help. Adding some LO rules to Tests could also help Test cricket. ICC has a big job on their hands to keep Test cricket relevant.

PakPassion.net: What is your favourite food and who is your favourite movie actor/actress?

Hasan123:
Favourite food is pizza and my favourite actor is probably Denzel Washington

PakPassion.net: What would be your PP ODI XI?

Hasan123:

MMHS
Markhor
Mamoon
Shaz619
Junaids
Sensible-indian-fan
Chief Destroyer
Cricketjoshila
Hawkeye
Haroon786
Justcrazy

A great interview, thanks to [MENTION=141114]Hasan123[/MENTION] for his answers.

Awesome interview buddy!

Didn’t know you also watched the Blacklist - what do you think of the show now that Tom Keene is dead? Which direction do you think the show will go now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome interview buddy!

Didn’t know you also watched the Blacklist - what do you think of the show now that Tom Keene is dead? Which direction do you think the show will go now?

Thanks man.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tom faked his death somehow but that seems unlikely. Think they will concentrate now on what is in that briefcase . It couldn't potentially link back to Tom.

Well done!

There is some problem with providing contest between bat and ball as well. For example, Indians gave flat tracks to Eng. If tracks were turners like SA got then Eng would have done even worse. Usually, those equal chance for bowlers translates to home bowlers getting conditions suited for them. Not always, but usually that's the case.

Great interview and thanks for the kind words.

Best wishes.

Good interview...liked it...and [MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION] is my favorite as well,should have been a sports writer as you said.

Last edited:
so you will be carrying drinks for the likes of mamoon and co.not bad if you are not umar akmal.

Was difficult to fit in so many good posters. [MENTION=139765]Arham_PakFan[/MENTION] is an underrated poster.

Thanks man.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tom faked his death somehow but that seems unlikely. Think they will concentrate now on what is in that briefcase . It couldn't potentially link back to Tom.

Yeah that would be interesting!

I think the suitcase has the remains of Liz's mother - Katarina Rostova.

Yeah that would be interesting!

I think the suitcase has the remains of Liz's mother - Katarina Rostova.

That would be a little disappointing. The way Red is trying to find that case tells me it could be someone else.

TBH hasan123 one of the most well-mannered and someone who's posts I always take time to read.

Hasan is a pretty awesome kid. :D

Understands cricketing intricacies well and a guy with whom you can genuinely have a meaningful discussion.

Wish the questions were more interesting.

Great interview. Thank you for the kind words.

Nice Interview.... Short replies that are to the point and contain a lot of weight... Enjoyed reading it

Nice interview. Very respectful poster who understands the game well. So I take it you've accepted Warner as the GOAT?:D

Last edited:
Good interview. Job well done.

ps. good to hear you are a gooner!

Nice interview. Very respectful poster who understands the game well. So I take it you've accepted Warner as the GOAT?:D

Thanks bro means a lot coming from you.

Lol Warner has a lot of work to do before he's considered the GOAT.

Bump. Excellent interview and worth a read if you have not had the chance to do so yet.

That would be a little disappointing. The way Red is trying to find that case tells me it could be someone else.

Bump!

I just remembered we had this conversation a few months earlier :)

Now that season 5 is over and Raymond Reddington is not who he says he is - what do you think will happen next?

Bigger question is - who is he really haha?

Bump!

I just remembered we had this conversation a few months earlier :)

Now that season 5 is over and Raymond Reddington is not who he says he is - what do you think will happen next?

Bigger question is - who is he really haha?

I have no clue what happens now because it wasn't something I expected. I can't wait for season 6 to start.

Great interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back