Mike Tyson performs Umrah

kamranO

Local Club Star
Runs
http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article78669.ece

MADINAH: Former boxing champion Mike Tyson, who embraced Islam while serving a prison sentence in the 1990s, is on his first visit to the Kingdom to perform Umrah. He arrived in the holy city of Madinah on Friday to perform prayers at the Prophet’s Mosque.

While in Madinah, Tyson met Dr. Muhammad Al-Oqala, president of the Islamic University, who briefed the world heavyweight champion on the services being rendered by the university to students from across the world.

From Madinah, Tyson will travel on to Makkah to perform Umrah, press reports said. He will also visit Jeddah, Abha and Riyadh as part of his Saudi tour. His visit to Saudi Arabia was arranged by the Canadian Dawa Association (CDA) as part of visits it organizes for new Muslim celebrities to the Islamic sites in the Kingdom. Shazad Mohammed, president of CDA, was present at Prince Muhammad International Airport in Madinah to receive Tyson.

Mohammed, an ambassador of peace with the United Nations, said Tyson would be in the Kingdom for one week, visiting the holy places as well as important landmarks in the country and meeting with Saudi people to get to know their culture and traditions.

He is a nutter and completely lost the plot. Was the best best boxer ever though.

khalil1986 said:
He is a nutter and completely lost the plot. Was the best best boxer ever though.

ur saying that the guy converting to Islam and then performing umrah is useless. come on man at least try to control yourself and stop posting nonsense posts.

anyways back to the topic.

mashaAllah i congratulate mike for the umrah and may Allah grant him reward for it.

marshallah, was a terrifiying monster during his prime, and a thug also, but that was all in the past, good to see the "nice guy" for a change.

Mike Tyson should be in our coaching set up. For every dropped catch, poor shot, idiotic run out, misfielding, lazy bowling below full capacity, the players should be sent to have a one on one session with Mike Tyson in a closed private room.

Savak said:
Mike Tyson should be in our coaching set up. For every dropped catch, poor shot, idiotic run out, misfielding, lazy bowling below full capacity, the players should be sent to have a one on one session with Mike Tyson in a closed private room.

theres a huge chance :akhtar would knock tyson over :))

I hope he doesn't have a Mike Tyson moment during the umrah or a few ears will be in danger of physical harm. Ears can be on the receiving end of some heavy-duty 'spiritual' damage too, kioonke moonh se bhi mashallah phool jharte hain; kuchh na samjhe khuda kare koi... :moyo

pakistani_banda said:
ur saying that the guy converting to Islam and then performing umrah is useless. come on man at least try to control yourself and stop posting nonsense posts.

anyways back to the topic.

mashaAllah i congratulate mike for the umrah and may Allah grant him reward for it.
No you got me wrong completely I was just referring to some of the stuff I heard about him in the recent past however it's great he is going umrah.

I didnt even know when he became muslim ????....... Strangly he is coming for umra after 20 years...

Mashallah but I hope this press release/news was not his or his agent's idea. If so, they are doing Umrah for the wrong reasons....to "improve" his image. It is better to worship discretely so then your intentions can never become unpure.

I had no idea he was still a muslim tbh. I expected it was a fad while he was in prison and he'd gone off the rails since, but if he's stuck with it then he deserves respect, it can't have been easy.

sau_tyson.jpg

When the baddest man on the planet fears the Lord. [MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]

When the baddest man on the planet fears the Lord. [MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]

I didn't know he still prays from time to time, his view on faith are rather eccentric but that comes from his view on life in general as well, but hopefully Mike is finding some peace; also seems to be the Badou Jack effect and joined in :afridi

I didn't know he still prays from time to time, his view on faith are rather eccentric but that comes from his view on life in general as well, but hopefully Mike is finding some peace; also seems to be the Badou Jack effect and joined in :afridi

I think Tyson likes to keep his faith private, sometimes the weed makes him say strange things esp on his podcast.

Jack is back in training for his upcoming fight against a chap named Blake McKernan. Dont know much about this fighter, seems to have a record 13-0.

I think Tyson likes to keep his faith private, sometimes the weed makes him say strange things esp on his podcast.

Jack is back in training for his upcoming fight against a chap named Blake McKernan. Dont know much about this fighter, seems to have a record 13-0.

That is actually very soothing to hear, Jack has had too many championship / brutal fights in a row. He goes from one hard camp to another for too long, it affects work rate and made the difference in some very close encounters. Yes Mike on the weed is mad lol but yeah it probably is private he doesn't talk about it a lot but haven't heard him bad mouth Islam either. I need to see Povetkin / Whyte not watched it yet

Will be interesting to see him perform Hajj

That is actually very soothing to hear, Jack has had too many championship / brutal fights in a row. He goes from one hard camp to another for too long, it affects work rate and made the difference in some very close encounters. Yes Mike on the weed is mad lol but yeah it probably is private he doesn't talk about it a lot but haven't heard him bad mouth Islam either. I need to see Povetkin / Whyte not watched it yet

Jack looks in great shape, lives a very clean life and has the heart of a lion. No doubt he will get another title shot.

I assume you know the result? In case you dont, I wont say but one of the sweetest uppercuts ive seen in years from a HW. :)

Doesn't he still drink and do drugs?

So do many Muslims, it doesn't take you out of the fold of Islam.

Doesn't he still drink and do drugs?

The problem in this so-called Ummah are the judgemental individuals like yourself.

Everyone has their own struggle and is striving to be on the right path. It's even harder for reverts like Mike Tyson who were brought up in a culture filled with alcohol and drug influences.

From an Islamic perspective, we should admire the fact that he's performed Umrah and is committed to performing his prayers.

The last thing we need isn't Mike Tyson abstaining from alcohol and drugs but your type of mindset, which comes across as very off putting for those trying to find their way in Islam because they fear that
they might end up resembling the way you think and judge others.

The problem in this so-called Ummah are the judgemental individuals like yourself.

Everyone has their own struggle and is striving to be on the right path. It's even harder for reverts like Mike Tyson who were brought up in a culture filled with alcohol and drug influences.

From an Islamic perspective, we should admire the fact that he's performed Umrah and is committed to performing his prayers.

The last thing we need isn't Mike Tyson abstaining from alcohol and drugs but your type of mindset, which comes across as very off putting for those trying to find their way in Islam because they fear that
they might end up resembling the way you think and judge others.

The irony in this comment :facepalm:

The irony in this comment :facepalm:

I've seen enough of your posts to come to that conclusion. For example, only a few days ago, you told one poster on the thread below: "Just say you left Islam and go".

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/s...el-quot-PM-Imran-Khan&p=10853870#post10853870

Who are you to tell someone that they've left Islam?

In the another thread (below), you decided to bring someone's religious views when the topic of discussion had nothing to do with religion. You said: "That's the typical ex muslim narrative you're trying to push. It shouldn't matter if the UAE made the morally corrupt decision to throw the Palestinians under the bus".

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/s...o-normalise-relations&p=10847531#post10847531

I called you out on this and asked what does his religious views have anything to do with his opinion on the matter discussed.

Your posts reek of intolerance.

Thats the only way :dw

Back