Millichamp and Hall stuck in customs.

sarmad709

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
hi guys, just got m&h amplus from uk, its via tnt courier, and is currently held in customs, because it has got an amount of pkr 38000 on it to be paid, i mean i already paid 400 pounds for it, and now can't pay another 270...so i was just getting the feeling, if someone here wants this, i mean if he can pay the customs, he can get it!
amplus4_2.jpg

you should be ask for underinvoice to your seller otherwise it not worth

That's what I've been doing in past but missed out the trick this time!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

OH sad... but it is a wonderful deal I'd say.... pay customs and take the bat ??? what happens to the money u paid ????
BTW I got my CA plus 15000 .... Will post pics soon....

OH sad... but it is a wonderful deal I'd say.... pay customs and take the bat ??? what happens to the money u paid ????
BTW I got my CA plus 15000 .... Will post pics soon....

the money i paid just gets converted to some kind regards for customs, lolzzz

and yeah, i'll be waiting for your pix...

the money i paid just gets converted to some kind regards for customs, lolzzz

and yeah, i'll be waiting for your pix...
one of my friend is interested in that, can u plz let me know the details.
where did u buy the bat, i mean which company

I don't have the permissions to send a pm on this forum, so I can't give u my cntct num here! But if u provide me ur email Identity I can send u my mob num for further details

If you refuse to pay the customs charge they will return item to sender and you can have it sent again with a low invoice.

If you refuse to pay the customs charge they will return item to sender and you can have it sent again with a low invoice.

it's a bit different, i spoke to customs officer and he told me that as the duty is now imposed, even if they return the parcel, the sender will have to pay the charge, otherwise the bat would be dumped after some time.

it's a bit different, i spoke to customs officer and he told me that as the duty is now imposed, even if they return the parcel, the sender will have to pay the charge, otherwise the bat would be dumped after some time.

Are you sure? Maybe enquire again as you can sometimes come across some grumpy person who makes his own rules also brother when you get a chance to reply in my other thread it would be much appreciated.

Are you sure? Maybe enquire again as you can sometimes come across some grumpy person who makes his own rules also brother when you get a chance to reply in my other thread it would be much appreciated.

hmmm, alryt bro, i'll double check that, thanks for your suggestion.

hmmm, alryt bro, i'll double check that, thanks for your suggestion.

I sell phones and one customer from Bosnia has had his phone held until he pays tax on it, the buyer contacted me and said if he returned phone without accepting could I resend it again with lower value and I said fine and although I haven't yet received confirmation they have sent phone back but would think its pretty silly for them charge customs on an item to original sender.

Last edited:
strange problem but they cant dump it!! its toooo valuable to dump. probabaly the officer would keep it for himself!!

strange problem but they cant dump it!! its toooo valuable to dump. probabaly the officer would keep it for himself!!

yeah he might, but officially he can't! even if its gold, they will have to dump i guess.

yeah he might, but officially he can't! even if its gold, they will have to dump i guess.

They would incinerate bat and cricket is not that popular so officer won't have a clue about the bat even if he watches cricket unlikely he will know much about bat.

They would incinerate bat and cricket is not that popular so officer won't have a clue about the bat even if he watches cricket unlikely he will know much about bat.

I thought it was stuck in Pakistan customs. They surely won't dump it.

Also just to update you on the situation with my mobile phone, so basically the buyer refused to pay customs and the courier (UPS) are holding package and got a call today and was told that for me to have it returned I would need to pay £40 for shipping charges. This buyer is being real fussy but unfortunately when you sell via eBay than you have to go by their crappy rules. Anyway your situation doesn't seem any different to mine so of you contact the person who sent it from the UK and they contacted TNT I am sure they can recall item no problem. Have you tried contacting the sender?

Also just to update you on the situation with my mobile phone, so basically the buyer refused to pay customs and the courier (UPS) are holding package and got a call today and was told that for me to have it returned I would need to pay £40 for shipping charges. This buyer is being real fussy but unfortunately when you sell via eBay than you have to go by their crappy rules. Anyway your situation doesn't seem any different to mine so of you contact the person who sent it from the UK and they contacted TNT I am sure they can recall item no problem. Have you tried contacting the sender?

will do now

i discussed the matter with my father and he said that if it is in pk customs they would auction it and probabaly sell it to the highest bidder which would be under 10k and it would be unfair for you to be paying 400pounds and the bidders would have to pay just 70pounds or even less>.....

Yeah that would obviously be unfair, but I'm trying my best to return it back to the sender without paying the charge! Fingers crossed!

Well you should have no problem, the buyer of my phone in Ukraine didn't want to pay customs like yourself and because it didn't clear customs there would be no charge when it was returned to original country. You really need to contact the sender tell them you will pay the courier fees whatever they are (£30-50) and have it returned to them and than get it sent out again with a value really low.

Well you should have no problem, the buyer of my phone in Ukraine didn't want to pay customs like yourself and because it didn't clear customs there would be no charge when it was returned to original country. You really need to contact the sender tell them you will pay the courier fees whatever they are (£30-50) and have it returned to them and than get it sent out again with a value really low.

hmmm, but it was not the case with me, as TNT had paid the customs by their own, and now i owe TNT, so they won't return the shipment, but my sender has offered me to pay the charge 50 50.....i have agreed upon that, lets see how this works out, i hope i'd get my bat in a few days inshALLAH

update: everything went fine, spoke to the TNT today, the say they'd deliver it on Friday inshALLAH, gonna put the pix up here same day once i receive it.......

After many un-kept promises by the couriers, now spoke to a higher authority and he has promised me and made sure that the bat WILL be delivered either tomorrow (Wednesday) or Thursday. Will let you guys know once i get it!

After many un-kept promises by the couriers, now spoke to a higher authority and he has promised me and made sure that the bat WILL be delivered either tomorrow (Wednesday) or Thursday. Will let you guys know once i get it!

All is well that ends well, anyway I think this is quite normal as I still haven't received my phone back as customs take forever to clear item for it to be returned.

Keep us up to date.

Hi Sarmad, I hope this bat is still going guns. Have lots of questions as you own a variety of bats and I am interested in your response about the performance and pick-up.

1- How is the pick-up? Have you seen any bat with better pick-up than Amplus?
2- How is the performance/ping and the overall sweet-spot(wide/narrow? and short/long?).
3- Is the toe/bottom area thick enough?
4- What do you think about the overall bat/profile?

Hi Sarmad, I hope this bat is still going guns. Have lots of questions as you own a variety of bats and I am interested in your response about the performance and pick-up.

1- How is the pick-up? Have you seen any bat with better pick-up than Amplus?
Very very good pick-up, as good as I've seen.
2- How is the performance/ping and the overall sweet-spot(wide/narrow? and short/long?).
Outstanding ping, and that's what I've figured out with all m&h bats, sweet-spot is long, but not as wide as some other bats with less concaving.
3- Is the toe/bottom area thick enough?
Just thick enough to be called a cricket bat, :p ... Not thick enough for my liking. Probably the thinnest bottom out there.
4- What do you think about the overall bat/profile?
Way too higher middle, but compensates because of the light feel because of the higher middle, and ping is top notch.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying every question, much appreciated.

I am predominantly back-foot player and use heavy bats but not very keen on dead weight. I heard that Amplus profile would be very good for me. The pitches I play on have low bounce but still I manage to play back-foot shots if I read the length early. I will try to save money and buy this bat.

no pics at the start. sorry didn't follow the timeline. do you think its worth the 400 GBP?

i was just asking as i have never spent more than 150 GBP on any bat. i feel the most important thing is that if you feel confident with the bat in your hand, then its worth the price.

Sorry dude, lovely quality id agree but shape is not wow for me. And it looks like its been abused lols

Back