Millwall are 'appalled' after fans racially abused El Hadji Diouf

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Millwall are "appalled" by footage showing their supporters aiming racial abuse at Leeds striker El Hadji Diouf.

The pictures, showing Senegal international Diouf being abused during a game at The Den on 18 November, appeared on Sky Sports News .

"Like all Millwall fans and football fans generally, we're appalled by the footage we've seen," said Lions chief executive Andy Ambler.

"Clearly that behaviour is unacceptable in any football ground in the country."

Ambler added: "Sadly racism exists in our society and certain individuals want to bring it into football grounds. It's down to us in football to do more.

“These issues bother me intensely. They have become top of my agenda in terms of moving these things on and combating these things”

Football Association chairman David Bernstein
"That day against Leeds obviously there was an allegation of abuse made online initially. We investigated it straight away.

"We interviewed stewards, police, players, we looked at the TV footage too as it was live on Sky.

"After speaking to the player [Diouf] who had the alleged abuse at him during the day, he said that he heard no abuse so that was basically at that point the end of the investigation - although we're going to open it again now."

Sports Minister Hugh Robertson added: "While we have come a long way in tackling racism in football over the last 20 years, this is not a battle that has been won."

Bolton and England Under-21 striker Marvin Sordell also previously made allegations of racial abuse towards Millwall's fans.

After doing so, a banner further abusing the 21-year-old was displayed at The Den and a 13-year-old boy was banned from the ground.

Football Association chairman David Bernstein told the Sky Sports special report he is treating allegations with the utmost importance.

"These issues bother me intensely," he said.

"They have become top of my agenda in terms of moving these things on and combating these things.

"The awareness of it could not be higher."

Football League chairman Greg Clarke added: "There's two issues. One is we have to continue to work with the clubs on our anti-racism programmes which are agreed with the FA.

"Secondly is the reticence of black players to come forward and feel comfortable in supporting it.

"If we've created an environment that doesn't support black players in confronting this issue we've done something terribly wrong."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21424773

before liverpool v wba thr was a report on sky sports showing alot off this. one milwall fans - absolutely shocking i swear he went on 1whole minute racist tandrum on diouf... he used the n word more times than the whole off django.

its easily known that coca-cola league and downwards leagues... its common to hear racist insults towards fans/players.
at least prem league its not a problem within staduims.. even though without proof some west ham fans are racist.

my bro in-law lives in birmingham n himself along with his friends absolutely hate birmingham fans, claim its known for racist fans towards asian/blacks fans, he tells me that Aston villa have a brilliant fan base - no bigotry/insults towards anyone - very welcoming-happy fans, WBA are also ment to be very good

Worst fans ever. Millwall FC 'condemn' this behaviour but they harbour loads of idiots like this. If you waited until it was full and then dropped a bomb on the New Den, you would be doing most normal civilised people a favour.

before liverpool v wba thr was a report on sky sports showing alot off this. one milwall fans - absolutely shocking i swear he went on 1whole minute racist tandrum on diouf... he used the n word more times than the whole off django.

its easily known that coca-cola league and downwards leagues... its common to hear racist insults towards fans/players.
at least prem league its not a problem within staduims.. even though without proof some west ham fans are racist.

my bro in-law lives in birmingham n himself along with his friends absolutely hate birmingham fans, claim its known for racist fans towards asian/blacks fans, he tells me that Aston villa have a brilliant fan base - no bigotry/insults towards anyone - very welcoming-happy fans, WBA are also ment to be very good

1) birmingham city have had a hardcore group of black fans as long as i can remember

2) no, it isn't common in the lower leagues

3) 2 recent cases of monkey gesturing fans were both in the premier league

4) 2 recent incidents of racism from players were both in the premier league

5) sky did an investigation and have uncovered one racist at burnley and one section of the ground at millwall

6) any milwall fans on pak passion ?

Last edited:
What do you expect, it's Millwall, one of the scummiest clubs in the country, although they do have Black fans, I think Ian Wright is one and so is David Haye.

Brentford and Millwall have been charged by the Football Association following an incident late on in Saturday's Championship game.

Brentford won 3-2, having trailed 2-0 with six minutes remaining, and in stoppage time several players from both sides were involved in a melee.

Both clubs have until 18:00 BST on Thursday, 24 October to respond.

"Brentford and Millwall have been charged for being in breach of FA Rule E20," an FA statement said.

"It is alleged that both clubs failed to ensure that its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion and/or refrained from provocative behaviour in the 91st minute."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50144151

Millwall should change their name to BNP FC or National Front FC so racist are they. Diouf often provokes such reactions as well then calling it a "misunderstanding". I recall an incident when he spat at a Celtic fan who jokingly rubbed his head. On another day he's hating on Steven Gerard for now reason at all or doing other such silly things. Could be that he again provoked the Millwall faithful.

Back