Misbah-ul-Haq is our Best Batsman

Ahson8

ODI Debutant
Runs
There. I said it.
Only reliable batsman in the team. A guy who can anchor the innings in the midst of a collapse and accelerate in the latter stages.
Has good technique against both pace and spin and leads from the front.
Average of 40 in both odi and tests. He averages 42 despite having played 100+ ODIs
haters can say whatever they want; but its a fact that Misbah is our best bat and our best bet to get us out of a difficult situation.

Misbah is our BEST batsman

One of the best batsman in the world, not just the best in Pakistan.

I think this was pretty much already established from the SA series.

There. I said it.
Only reliable batsman in the team. A guy who can anchor the innings in the midst of a collapse and accelerate in the latter stages.
Has good technique against both pace and spin and leads from the front.
Average of 40 in both odi and tests. He averages 42 despite having played 100+ ODIs
haters can say whatever they want; but its a fact that Misbah is our best bat and our best bet to get us out of a difficult situation.

43 Odi Average now

yeah misbah is our best. after the saffer and this knock he is definitely amongst the top we got.

Misbah is consistent, but I think Jamshed is your best batsman.

His last four score edged him down. He is second best now in my opinion. todays knock made me change to misbah as the best. hopefully jamsheed will score alot of runs in the next ODI to give a good fight for the best title.

Jamshed is a flat track bully I'm afraid.

yet to be determined. one series doesn't make one a flat track bully. but if he is then i wont mind having one in our team. you cant have player that shine everywhere. :D

yet to be determined. one series doesn't make one a flat track bully. but if he is then i wont mind having one in our team. you cant have player that shine everywhere. :D

I have been saying that he is potentially a FTB ever since he made his comeback.

His lack of footwork means he plays away from his body all the time and this habit is badly exposed outside asia.

He is a good batsman and I will keep him in the squad but NOT as a captain or a general mentor to youngsters. Today's cricket has totally evolved and this is not Misbah's bawa Adam Ka zamana. Misbah mostly plays defensive and in a "rescue the sinking ship" mode (and rightly so because the batting line is always in tatters). His influence on the youngsters will be horrible one. We need proactive and very aggressive young batsmen that could meet the challenges of modern day fast paced cricket. IPL is creating monsters of a batsmen that will eat Pak batsmen alive. We are way behind in this race. One rescuier is OK to have but we don't want the entire team to play in defensive and rescue mode.

Misbah should play in the team as a collapse resistor but he should be isolated from influencing others with his traditional batting style.

It will also be good if Misbah opens or comes one down to resist the collapse BEFORE it happens. Why he has to almost always wait for collapse to happen and only then start his battle ??

He is a good batsman and I will keep him in the squad but NOT as a captain or a general mentor to youngsters. Today's cricket has totally evolved and this is not Misbah's bawa Adam Ka zamana. Misbah mostly plays defensive and in a "rescue the sinking ship" mode (and rightly so because the batting line is always in tatters). His influence on the youngsters will be horrible one. We need proactive and very aggressive young batsmen that could meet the challenges of modern day fast paced cricket. IPL is creating monsters of a batsmen that will eat Pak batsmen alive. We are way behind in this race. One rescuier is OK to have but we don't want the entire team to play in defensive and rescue mode.

Misbah should play in the team as a collapse resistor but he should be isolated from influencing others with his traditional batting style.

It will also be good if Misbah opens or comes one down to resist the collapse BEFORE it happens. Why he has to almost always wait for collapse to happen and only then start his battle ??

IPL and monster..k
so you want a non consistent guy running our team....great our new captain is wahab raiz...aggressive and attacking and not to mention over hyped

:)))

One innings against Scotland and he is on top of the world, iss sey pheley kiya isski jaan nikli huyi thi kiya?

Again I will reiterate, if Misbah wants to at least make up for his limitations, he has to surround himself with better batting talent, Farhat, Hafeez etc. won't cut it. They are simply not guys who can score 70+ consistently at a good SR.

One innings against Scotland and he is on top of the world, iss sey pheley kiya isski jaan nikli huyi thi kiya?

Again I will reiterate, if Misbah wants to at least make up for his limitations, he has to surround himself with better batting talent, Farhat, Hafeez etc. won't cut it. They are simply not guys who can score 70+ consistently at a good SR.

Series against SA?, he was the 2nd highest scorer behind De villers with a strike of 80. I clearly had issue with him earlier but his performances compared to our other Pakistani batsmen has been a lot better.

So he is our best batsmen, especially outside Asia.

ehh SA Tour?Pakistan best batsman?Second highest run scorer?FBLT20 and list A cup?most number of sixes by Pakistan batsman in 2013?best finishing avg of 83 after MS dhoni ?

I agree that we need aggression at the top, we have Nasir, should have Shehzad and Umar in the fold as well. Misbah should bat at no.4.

1) Jamshed 2) Shehzad 3) Umar 4) Misbah 5) Haris

That would be a solid line up. Hafeez should drop down to 6.

Misbah is our BEST batsman

People who bash Misbah, sorry to say don't know jack about cricket

Series against SA?, he was the 2nd highest scorer behind De villers with a strike of 80. I clearly had issue with him earlier but his performances compared to our other Pakistani batsmen has been a lot better.

So he is our best batsmen, especially outside Asia.

Misbah finally woke up from his tuk tuk mentality which is an improvement. Also look at who is surrounded with, that is the main issue with our batting line up. Mediocre players. It only makes Misbah's game a huge turn off because up until SA series he refused to take the initiative.

Jamshed is the only keeper from the current lot selected.

People who bash Misbah, sorry to say don't know jack about cricket

Actually people who have the Misbah blinders on need to gain some perspective. Our ODI team has regressed under his captaincy barring the recent win in India which was due to excellent bowling + Jamshed.

Misbah finally woke up from his tuk tuk mentality which is an improvement. Also look at who is surrounded with, that is the main issue with our batting line up. Mediocre players. It only makes Misbah's game a huge turn off because up until SA series he refused to take the initiative.

Jamshed is the only keeper from the current lot selected.

so we blame misbah for nt playing aggressive innings cuz he has idiots around him...?

Actually people who have the Misbah blinders on need to gain some perspective. Our ODI team has regressed under his captaincy barring the recent win in India which was due to excellent bowling + Jamshed.

The regression of the ODI team has a lot to do with poor top order batting including the likes of Hafeez, Younis Khan and Umar Akmal, amongst other failures.

How can that be blamed on Misbah and how does that have any bearing on the topic of this thread that Misbah is currently our best batsman?

Last edited:

asia cup and win percentage of 60?when was last time you had that?2005?

asia cup and win percentage of 60?when was last time you had that?2005?

How many top teams have we beaten except for India? Lost to England and Australia in UAE, SL in SL, and just recently to SA. Our poor performances are down to bad selection in the batting department. Head to head match ups are a better measure of a team's ability and in that regard we are pretty average due to our inconsistent and mediocre batting.

He is going to the key for Pakistan in CT if we are put up respectable total, otherwise I wouldn't trust anyone against Roach/Rampul and Steyn/Morkel in those condition.

The regression of the ODI team has a lot to do with poor top order batting including the likes of Hafeez, Younis Khan and Umar Akmal, amongst other failures.

How can that be blamed on Misbah and how does that have any bearing on the topic of this thread that Misbah is currently our best batsman?

Umar Akmal has never been a part of the top order under Misbah, stop making up stuff. The blame lies on Misbah and the selection committee for backing medicority in the batting line up. And Misbah has just now thought of switching his batting approach where previously he was on the defensive, was someone threatening his life before that he couldn't change it then? Still I say der aye durust aaye magar mere bhai asal talent ko toa select karo, third class players ko select kartey raho gey toa yahi chalta rahey ga!

so we blame misbah for nt playing aggressive innings cuz he has idiots around him...?

No I blame Misbah for playing with a timid approach. Look at Michael Clarke for example, his entire team struggled against India in the test series but he left his mark as a captain with the bat.

How many top teams have we beaten except for India? Lost to England and Australia in UAE, SL in SL, and just recently to SA. Our poor performances are down to bad selection in the batting department. Head to head match ups are a better measure of a team's ability and in that regard we are pretty average due to our inconsistent and mediocre batting.

come on blaming misbah for whole team nt performing is ridiculous

Umar Akmal has never been a part of the top order under Misbah, stop making up stuff. The blame lies on Misbah and the selection committee for backing medicority in the batting line up. And Misbah has just now thought of switching his batting approach where previously he was on the defensive, was someone threatening his life before that he couldn't change it then? Still I say der aye durust aaye magar mere bhai asal talent ko toa select karo, third class players ko select kartey raho gey toa yahi chalta rahey ga!

he played at 4,5,6,7 all position tried...a person without brain can't last long even as talented as akmal unless he is afridi

Misbah is OLD!!! and if the OLDEST is your best then it just explains what your young players are like then.

IPL and monster..k
so you want a non consistent guy running our team....great our new captain is wahab raiz...aggressive and attacking and not to mention over hyped

Misbah has already plagued Asad Shafiq and Azhar Ali. Both became unfit to bat fast and aggressive under Misbah's influence.
Misbah's batting influence and his inability to help Umer Akmal become an effective fast pace hitter also played a major role behind Umer Akmal failures (Yes, UA is also to take some blame) but if the captain cannot handle fast pace batting by himself or unable to help others play fast, aggressive and effective then I am not sure how his soldiers can survive in today's cricket? Till how long will Misbah keep on playing this rescue mission type innings? Another year or two? And then what happens? You will have a team of tentative, defensive and low on confidence batsmen with an insecure feeling for not having a fatherly figure of a savior in the team.

Misbah is our most consistent batsman without a doubt, but I think in terms of talent Jamshed tops the list.

Personally, I'm keenly awaiting the day when we'll see Nasir Jamshed & Babar Azam step to the crease together to open our batting.

Decent batsman but a poor captain and he has a poor influence on the team. Doesn't treat youngsters well at all.

Decent batsman but a poor captain and he has a poor influence on the team. Doesn't treat youngsters well at all.

I take it you're an Umar Akmal fan? I don't think there is one person on this forum who is both a Misbah & Umar Akmal fan.. I wonder what it is :20:

Yeah no doubt about that.
Consistent and has guts which is more than i can say than the overrated bits part cricketer Afridi

Definitely. Umar Akmal, Jamshed and Afridi don't come close.

I think the younger players could learn a bit from him.
Lol at IPL and monster batsmen. Gayle has been a Pakistan bunny for a while now. Not good enough

Dont count these MIGHTY innings against Minnows. Cant Judge him based on this.. Let him prove his Capability against Descent bowling attack.. Then we'll agree to it

After the SA series I have to agree, he is currently our best ODI batsman.....
Younus Khan is our best Test batsman.......

Without a doubt he is in all formats. Never gives up, he's a champion, don't know why he gets so much bashing. :misbah

Misbah has already plagued Asad Shafiq and Azhar Ali. Both became unfit to bat fast and aggressive under Misbah's influence.
Misbah's batting influence and his inability to help Umer Akmal become an effective fast pace hitter also played a major role behind Umer Akmal failures (Yes, UA is also to take some blame) but if the captain cannot handle fast pace batting by himself or unable to help others play fast, aggressive and effective then I am not sure how his soldiers can survive in today's cricket? Till how long will Misbah keep on playing this rescue mission type innings? Another year or two? And then what happens? You will have a team of tentative, defensive and low on confidence batsmen with an insecure feeling for not having a fatherly figure of a savior in the team.

Oh stop with umar akmal fantasy club...When was last time you had a batsman with SR of 80 + and avg 40..leme give you a hint...he retired in 2003..Azhar ali is a test batsman. ..how can you expect him to play at 80+ SR..Plus Shafiq played under various captains...We have a wonder record right.A person is expected to perform,does it really matter how conditions are or which position he is being sent at.

Yeah no doubt about that.
Consistent and has guts which is more than i can say than the overrated bits part cricketer Afridi

Steady on, I learnt the hard way that a statement like that ruffles several feathers out here.

But yes, Misbah is one of the best bats from the sub-continent at the moment.

Misbah was always a con-artist in limited overs internationals. He ensured low scoring rate enables fall of wickets, while he keeps the run rate absolutely low by not taking any risks when needed. Then in the end he makes 70* at a strike rate of 60%, thus giving an impression that he is the best batsman alwyss in losing cause.

His captaincy was defensive and was his worst aspect, ensuring pakistan end up at #9 in ODI upon retirement.

His captaincy was defensive and was his worst aspect, ensuring pakistan end up at #9 in ODI upon retirement.

Rankings are overrated.
That is like saying Lara was a poor ODI Captain because WI were a lowly ranked team despite him leading them to 3 Champions Trophy finals in 1998, 2004 and 2006.

There is no secret that Pakistan going down in the ODI rankings between 2014-2016 coincided with Ajmal and Hafeez getting banned for bowling. Disrupted the plans big time. Plus not playing at home was a major factor given the abysmal ODI record Pak had in the UAE.

Don't blame the man that was Pakistan's leading run scorer in the 2013 Champions Trophy and 2015 World Cup by a considerable distance and won ODI series as Captain in India, South Africa, West Indies, Bangladesh and also led Pakistan to 2 Asia Cup finals. Plus a win over SA in the 2015 WC.

2015 tour of NZ and Aus in 50 over cricket:

Included are:
Warm up games vs NZ XI in NZ.
ODIs in NZ.
WC15 warm ups.
WC15.
8 50+ in 13 innings.
Had a phenomenal tour at the age of 40 with the bat while leading the team. Don't put him in the same bracket as Younis and Afridi as a 2015 WC flop. Just untrue

20151.jpg

Jaw dropping numbers from Pakistan's Captain at the age of 40 in NZ and Aus conditions with a weak batting side around him.

Limited batsman but did well within his limitations.

I think now the fact that he was our best batsman in 2013 just tells you how bad things were.

Also he's ruining his legacy by coaching

Even against mighty Scotland, we could only rummage up a score of 230 in those days.

Back