Most useless and cringe celebrations ever in the domain of cricket

Most useless and cringe celebrations in your sight?

• Shaheen Afridi and Ravi Bishnoi's star celebration

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Bald Eagle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Cricketers these days are more occupied with their post wicket or match celebration rather than the game itself. Some make premature celebrations and other come up with the cringest of the celebrations. Still despite being bizarre, the modern cricketers does not refrain from such antics.

So who in your opinion had made the most useless or cringe celebration ever?

Remember that celebration by Hasan Ali where he injured himself while celebrating? :)):ROFLMAO:

Dahani, he looked like an useless, artificial and over excited guy.

Poll added guys, do vote and mention any other cringe celebration that you would like to be on Polls.

Dwayne Bravo's dance moves after managing to get a wicket due to batter mistiming his shot while going for the 4th boundary of the over.

Hasan Ali, what in the beginning looked OK, turned out to be such a disaster. Even when getting a wicket vs Zimbabwe he made it look like he won the WC!

Whilst there are a lot of cringe celebrations especially this new generation of Pakistanis . The crown surely has to go to Imran Tahir. (Sorry if this thread is for active cricketers )

Always preferred the bowlers who just went to their team-mates and got themselves ready for the next wicket.

None of this eagle, vulture, nonsense.

Tymal Mills heart celebration is also so meek and funny for a pacer who is supposed to be aggressive.
SZDxfX2.jpeg

Nagin dance is by far for me the cringiest celebration. I think it is/was specifically aimed at Sri Lanka.

Usama Mir spraying imaginary perfume on himself is also pretty cringe.

Umaid Asif used to do a pretty cringe celebration where he showed us the Iron Man t-shirt he was wearing underneath his jersey.

Umaid Asif used to do a pretty cringe celebration where he showed us the Iron Man t-shirt he was wearing underneath his jersey.
Hahah... Just couldn't get his logic with the perfume celebration.

C'mon bro that wasn't cringe. That was just fun to see. The veins on his forehead would be popping.
No I am not considering it cringe but yeah his reaction didn't seem appropriate at all.... it was more than just an aggression which never looked nomal to me.

No I am not considering it cringe but yeah his reaction didn't seem appropriate at all.... it was more than just an aggression which never looked nomal to me.
He was definitely a bit of an over-the-top character. Very hot-headed too.

As a certified Gen Zer, I can confirm that these celebrations enhance the viewing experience for younger people. TikTok is a testament to this.

No matter how cringe-worthy or unconventional these celebrations may seem, they will become increasingly common. When compared to celebrations in sports like Football or MMA, Cricket celebrations are relatively tame currently.

I think all of our players celebrations are cringe.

I find Bishnoi copying Afridi's cringe celebration to be pretty cringe too. Its like the inception of doing a cringe celebration and makes him look like a major geek.

As an indian, i find VK's celebrations, gesticulations over the top and cringe and borderline aggro and posturing.
matthew hayden once said if you wanna see aggression, see it in Rahul dravid's eyes. no point in the useless sendoff's....
and if you wanna sledge, just question the batsman/bolwer/ fielder's skills and skills only, leave out the profanity. am glad guys like jassi , kuldeep , shami, kl , gill etc are not the motor mouth types.

The snake dance is plain embarrassing and feminine. What were those lads thinking off for Pete's sake!

Both the Shahid and now Shaheen Afridi's celebrations are based on arrogance, plainly distasteful. Shaheen doesn't have to mimic his father in law to be recognized. Form your own style and trends, no one respects wannabe's.

Msuhfiqur Rahim Naagin dance was pretty cringe and they also lost a game after they did that over-the-top celebration if I am not wrong. What about Sheldon Cottrell's salute celebration?

A simple fist pump from the fast bowlers is all that’s required .

Mushfiqur’s premature antics in that wct20 game was legendary. Personally found it to be the most satisfying cringey act for the opposition (may be Bangla boys Nagin dance come closer ?😅)

As an indian, i find VK's celebrations, gesticulations over the top and cringe and borderline aggro and posturing.
matthew hayden once said if you wanna see aggression, see it in Rahul dravid's eyes. no point in the useless sendoff's....
and if you wanna sledge, just question the batsman/bolwer/ fielder's skills and skills only, leave out the profanity. am glad guys like jassi , kuldeep , shami, kl , gill etc are not the motor mouth types.
I love how humble Bumrah is. Doesn't need to do over the top theatrics and stunts that people associate with fast-bowling and fast-bowlers. Just gets by on his talent, skill and ability.

I love how humble Bumrah is. Doesn't need to do over the top theatrics and stunts that people associate with fast-bowling and fast-bowlers. Just gets by on his talent, skill and ability.
Maybe that is why he is good. He is so calculated with his decision making. Its like he is a computer. Just calculates and executes. No over the top emotions.

Don’t care if you run around like baboon after taking a wicket, but at least do it after getting an important player out in a big game. If you’re doing it against the likes of Zimbabwe then you’re just a pindu.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like puking when I see Usama Mir celebrate a wicket. Aftab Ibrahim's is horrendous. Hasan Ali gets a pass for me only because he was a menace for the batters when he was doing that in 2017

Back