MQM founder Altaf Hussain in ICU after contracting coronavirus

KoyoAli

Tape Ball Star
Runs
The Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) founder and leader, Altaf Hussain, is in the Barnet Hospital’s Intensive Care Unit (ICU) after contracting Covid-19 around two to three weeks ago.

The News visited the hospital on Monday and the staff confirmed that the MQM leader is in the coronavirus ward of the hospital under intensive care and no visitor, friend or family is allowed to meet him – as is the rule for all COVID-19 patients.

On Sunday night, an audio message of the MQM leader was distributed in which the former Karachi strongman appealed, in a shaken voice, to his followers to pray for him after announcing that he had been admitted to the ICU.

"I have been in the ICU in hospital for the last 20 days. It is due to your (supporters') prayers that I have been able to record this message on this day of Saturday, Jan 30, 2021," the MQM leader had said.

Hussain had added: "May Allah protect everyone from this disease, Covid-19," he said, and appealed to listeners to "take precautions and help each other".

A source in the MQM said that around three weeks ago, the MQM leader fell ill. Hussain, who has a long history of several ailments due to obesity and an unhealthy lifestyle, was advised to self-isolate at home but then his condition deteriorated and he was taken to the hospital immediately. He was put on the ventilator for about five days after which the MQM leader started recovering.

On January 23, the MQM-London said in a statement that Altaf is ill and is taking a break from politics. The MQM's statement had said that after a medical check-up, the doctor had advised him to rest and suspend his political activities.

In a statement on Tuesday, Mustafa Azizabadi said that Altaf was recovering fast and his situation had progressed well.

He said that Hussain had thanked his supporters for praying for him

https://www.geo.tv/latest/332885-altaf-hussain-in-icu-after-contracting-coronavirus

On Sunday night, an audio message of the MQM leader was distributed in which the former Karachi strongman appealed, in a shaken voice, to his followers to pray for him after announcing that he had been admitted to the ICU.

"I have been in the ICU in hospital for the last 20 days. It is due to your (supporters') prayers that I have been able to record this message on this day of Saturday, Jan 30, 2021," the MQM leader had said.

Hussain had added: "May Allah protect everyone from this disease, Covid-19," he said, and appealed to listeners to "take precautions and help each other".

Bus dramay karwa lo in say. Nou sau chuhay kha kai billy hajj ko chali. He is a vile, selfish human being and will always remain so.

Bus dramay karwa lo in say. Nou sau chuhay kha kai billy hajj ko chali. He is a vile, selfish human being and will always remain so.

Why do you think it’s drama?

If you ever saw the physical state of Altaf mian back in the day you would put your house on him being in ICU if he ever got Covid. Can't imagine what he is like in present day, would imagine he would have breathing difficulty even without catching it.

very well said. sooner he goes to rest, better for mankind. One less mir Jafir., next nawaz sharif will be very helpful.

Not a fan of the guy but he's got a teenage daughter, so hoping he recovers.

I wouldn't wish death upon anyone and hope he gets better. Maybe in some way, some how he redeems/apologises for the wrongs he has done. As little and ineffective that may be.

What's the deal with MQM anyway? They still seem to have SOME influence/clout amongst each other despite Altaf's ailing health and visible decline.

Do MQM have some people behind the scenes?

I wouldn't wish death upon anyone and hope he gets better. Maybe in some way, some how he redeems/apologises for the wrongs he has done. As little and ineffective that may be.

What's the deal with MQM anyway? They still seem to have SOME influence/clout amongst each other despite Altaf's ailing health and visible decline.

Do MQM have some people behind the scenes?

i think the part is fractured but there are still elements from the party (they might be reformed now) that are involved in local politics. But thankfully (and hopefully) the criminal separatist element is gone.

I hope he faces the inevitable and is asked to answer for his crimes. I will never forget his arrival on the scene when i was a child and the subsequent murders he helped encourage ,cause and committed. I fled Karachi because of him.

I hope he faces the inevitable and is asked to answer for his crimes. I will never forget his arrival on the scene when i was a child and the subsequent murders he helped encourage ,cause and committed. I fled Karachi because of him.

In the late 90s, early 200s, there were a lot of supporters of him in Houston. Mostly younger guys.

I dont know if their views have changed with time. It seems like there will always be a niche group that always supports him.

In the late 90s, early 200s, there were a lot of supporters of him in Houston. Mostly younger guys.

I dont know if their views have changed with time. It seems like there will always be a niche group that always supports him.

Just watch the 92 world cup final. Tons of Mqm flags in the crowd. He was a scourge. Im glad he has to face Allah swt now. At one point Muhajirs in Karachi saw him as their saviour and it was unusual to find a muhajir who didnt support him. Now things are different.

Hope he recovers soon, so that all of those wishing for his demise are again disappointed.

I dont know if their views have changed with time.
It seems like there will always be a niche group that always supports him.

Most of them have. There is still decent support for MQM, but mostly the Urdu speakers have turned against Altaf Bhai.

Most of them have. There is still decent support for MQM, but mostly the Urdu speakers have turned against Altaf Bhai.

Older generation has a soft spot for him even if not supporting anymore. And to be fair that’s fine. He was the first one who spoke against injustices like quota system.

Older generation has a soft spot for him even if not supporting anymore. And to be fair that’s fine. He was the first one who spoke against injustices like quota system.

Yes thats true. And Not just the quota system. MQM sent a message to the rest of the country that if you are going to vote on the basis of ethnicity, then Urdu Speakers can do the same. If its Punjabi raj in Punjab, Sindhi raj in Sindh, then in Karachi they will call the shots.

I dont support MQM anymore, but have zero regrets about supporting them in the past.

Yes thats true. And Not just the quota system. MQM sent a message to the rest of the country that if you are going to vote on the basis of ethnicity, then Urdu Speakers can do the same. If its Punjabi raj in Punjab, Sindhi raj in Sindh, then in Karachi they will call the shots.

I dont support MQM anymore, but have zero regrets about supporting them in the past.

Yes that was always funny.

Pashtuns vote for ANP, Punjabis vote for PML-N, Sindhis vote for PPP and that’s all fine. But Urdu speakers vote on linguistic/ethnic basis and suddenly that was a problem lmao.

Pashtuns vote for ANP, Punjabis vote for PML-N, Sindhis vote for PPP and that’s all fine. But Urdu speakers vote on linguistic/ethnic basis and suddenly that was a problem lmao.

Except none of them called themselves Punjab party or Pashtun party, or Sindhi party. Also Punjab always had a huge PPP support regardless of what you have been told.

Gotta stop being the traitor sympathizer.

This is the most ** comment I've ever read on PP. If that was the case then PTI wouldn't be in charge now.

Except none of them called themselves Punjab party or Pashtun party, or Sindhi party. Also Punjab always had a huge PPP support regardless of what you have been told.

he is not sympathizing with altaf, but talking about the reasons which led to him becoming powerful.

Gotta stop with labelling someone who is among the most patriotic (albeit not jingoist) posters here.

MQM came into being for the right reasons but it was hijacked by the wrong people and the wrong leader who killed his own party workers. Thank God I never voted to any party in Pakistan none deserves my vote. Other parties treated Pakistan as their personal property for stealing and MQM damaged Karachi - the only place that pays more taxes and generates revenues through business. In my book, no people are bigger traitors than those who break their country for selfish reasons for example not giving away a position to rule the country that won the majority votes in the elections.

As I said - Imran Khan is the chosen one by God as he had no political background and it would be a cold day in hell to become a prime minister of Pakistan in a feudal system. Without military back up that is not possible - Imran had to make friends with crooks who defected from PML-N and PPP. And, Pakistani miltary helped with this.

I hope the same tried and tested faces do not come into power once again. I hope Imran Khan does some good work to leverage his position and still stays in the good books of Pakistan army otherwise it is the same old story all over again with Pakistan.

ANP didn’t call itself Pashtun party?

PPP and PMLN don’t use ethnic card whenever in trouble?

PPP and PMLN and ANP did not have the entire regions of Peshawar, or Lahore or Interior Sindh, turned into warzones laced with torture cells, rampant crime, bhatta khori, bullyism, badhmaashi, homicides and whatnot, that forced the govt to send army in those regions.

MQM party turned into a violent crime syndicate that went after the mango man (aam aadmi) of Karachi, and that's where it flunked. You can't see it and you will deny it cuz you may be part of that camp.

PPP and PMLN and ANP did not have the entire regions of Peshawar, or Lahore or Interior Sindh, turned into warzones laced with torture cells, rampant crime, bhatta khori, bullyism, badhmaashi, homicides and whatnot, that forced the govt to send army in those regions.

MQM party turned into a violent crime syndicate that went after the mango man (aam aadmi) of Karachi, and that's where it flunked. You can't see it and you will deny it cuz you may be part of that camp.

I am not disputing any of that. May be you should read and try to get context before going on unhinged rants.

Really? Then what about the Jaag Punjabi Jaag and the Jaag Punjabi jaag, teri pagg noon laga daag
card played by PML N.

marsoon marsoon sindh na desoon card played by PPP. PPP after PTI, and Jaamat e Islami is the only other party that can win votes from across different ethnciites, however in Sindh they have always been an ethnic party.

As far as ANP, if you dont consider them a Pashtun party, then no reason to think of MQM in ethnic lines.

This is the most ** comment I've ever read on PP. If that was the case then PTI wouldn't be in charge now.

They used to vote on ethnic lines, when the option was Sindhi PPP, and Urdu Speaking MQM. Now that PTI is there they voted for them in 2018, and will most likely vote again for them in 2023.

he is not sympathizing with altaf, but talking about the reasons which led to him becoming powerful.

Gotta stop with labelling someone who is among the most patriotic (albeit not jingoist) posters here.

He is anti military (Karachites usually are). Not patriotic enough for me :azhar2.

Have you ever been to interior Sindh?? PPP have made it worse than sub sahara Africa.

MQM had political power in Karachi from 2002 to 2007 under Mustafa Kamal, and they did a decent job. That was when their was a local government system. After that PPP controlled Karachi even though MQM won from there.

If you gave the Karachi people full control of their resources, they would make Karachi into the most prosperous part of the subcontinent. The majority of Urdu Speakers are middle class and upper middle class, and they have been that way now for generations. If this very educated prosperous community, voted for a badmash party, try to think about why.

If the smart ones supported this lalu :altaf for decades, then what do we expect from us paindus:sharif.

He was a thug, but people of Karachi felt they had no choice but to support this thug to protect them from the waderas, and to promote their interests.

If the smart ones supported this lalu :altaf for decades, then what do you expect from us paindus:sharif.
:sharif only thing us Paindus got right
Btw you did a Checkmate right there with sharif emoji :)) ...

Well of course they did, politics is dirty business but that’s not “all” their message or the basis of their existence from the better days. MQM is born of such hate and continued to use it to cause death, destruction of other ethnicities but also their own.

I am not defending any party here but I took offense to your post because it was totally and completely misleading. Punjab never always voted for PML-N until only the elections after Musharraf era. Historically, there was always strong PPP support there. There was never much voting along ethnic lines, till MQM started this fitna.

I am perhaps much older than some of you guys here so I keep thinking back to 90s, 80s, perhaps even 70s. A historical perspective always helps you get a better picture.

Personal perspective, in Lahore, my entire family and our extended ones as well were all PPP supporters in the 70s, 80s and some of 90s. All punjabis. We rejected the PML-N and Zia nexus and voted for democracy after Zia got blown up because Nawaz and PML-N were nothing but his cronies.

Such thinking doesn’t come if people vote along ethnicity lines. Hope that helps change some of the misconceptions you have.

He was a thug, but people of Karachi felt they had no choice but to support this thug to protect them from the waderas, and to promote their interests.

I understand why Urdu speaking community in Karachi would turn to a person like him initially. But most kept on supporting him even after he was exposed as an 'Indian asset', that never made sense to me.

I can understand karachites' hate for Sindhis but never understood why they (on Altaf's insistence) turned against Punjabis, Pashtuns, Baloch, military, almost everyone.

Well of course they did, politics is dirty business but that’s not “all” their message or the basis of their existence from the better days. MQM is born of such hate and continued to use it to cause death, destruction of other ethnicities but also their own.

I am not defending any party here but I took offense to your post because it was totally and completely misleading. Punjab never always voted for PML-N until only the elections after Musharraf era. Historically, there was always strong PPP support there. There was never much voting along ethnic lines, till MQM started this fitna.

I am perhaps much older than some of you guys here so I keep thinking back to 90s, 80s, perhaps even 70s. A historical perspective always helps you get a better picture.

Personal perspective, in Lahore, my entire family and our extended ones as well were all PPP supporters in the 70s, 80s and some of 90s. All punjabis. We rejected the PML-N and Zia nexus and voted for democracy after Zia got blown up because Nawaz and PML-N were nothing but his cronies.

Such thinking doesn’t come if people vote along ethnicity lines. Hope that helps change some of the misconceptions you have.

Well Karachi voted for JI and also now PTI. Neither of those parties were based on any region. MQM was not born of hate. It was born to counter hate and give a voice to the voiceless and oppressed with no representation.. Just because it went to a wrong direction doesn’t mean that the reason why it was set up was wrong.

Heck Karachi was the only part of the country which didn’t vote at all along ethnic lines until 80s when it came to the point they kept kept being backed into a corner with discriminatory policies like introducing the quota system; no jobs for urdu speaking in government or police, Ayub’s son letting loose barbarians to punish urdu speakers for voting for Fatima Jinnah etc etc.

Last edited:

To add to your point
Here in Lahore as an Urdu speaking family all of our extended were PMLN supporters (due to his buisness, religion friendly "image")
Only know in the family we are seeing some PTI supporters in the family and it's only because of his religious friendly image (unlike Bibi) and also the reformist image

In Lahore there isn't this ethnic line politics that they have in Karachi that's why you're struggling to relate to what he is saying

Remember back in the day the faisalabad and industrial Punjab was back bone of PPP support
Punjab politics isn't strictly ethnic politics (not saying it's completely void of it just saying it's not the major part) there are nuences involved

I understand why Urdu speaking community in Karachi would turn to a person like him initially. But most kept on supporting him even after he was exposed as an 'Indian asset', that never made sense to me.

I can understand karachites' hate for Sindhis but never understood why they (on Altaf's insistence) turned against Punjabis, Pashtuns, Baloch, military, almost everyone.

Lot of ** here. If karachiites hated Punjabis, Pashtun etc (I don’t think that’s correct term) then by that metric Punjabis don’t hate Pashtuns and Baloch lol? :)) Maybe theh don’t bit ok hope you do know that it is Punjabis who the baloch separatists and Pashtun nationalists are against right?

Lot of ** here. If karachiites hated Punjabis, Pashtun etc (I don’t think that’s correct term) then by that metric Punjabis don’t hate Pashtuns and Baloch lol? :)) Maybe theh don’t bit ok hope you do know that it is Punjabis who the baloch separatists and Pashtun nationalists are against right?

Because they're considred part of the establishment (not just millitary the whole system)/state
It's thier beef with the country of Pakistan but they use Punjabi, Pakistani interchangeably

Same in afghanistan when they abuse the state of Pakistan they abuse Punjabis and use both words interchangeably

Because they're considred part of the establishment (not just millitary the whole system)/state
It's thier beef with the country of Pakistan but they use Punjabi, Pakistani interchangeably

Same in afghanistan when they abuse the state of Pakistan they abuse Punjabis and use both words interchangeably

Because they know Pakistani establishment is Punjabi establishment

Yes hate wasn't the right word, perhaps 'dislike' is better.

I don't think Punjabis hate anyone based on ethnicity. That is why probably it is harder for me to understand this thought process.

And yes Baloch separatists hate Punjabis but Pashtun seperatists (don't exist anymore) hated everyone east of Indus. And with them too I never understood the reason for it.

Our bruecrocy has tons of Urdu speakers
Our millitary is filled with Pashtuns
The leadership is under a Pashtun rn
A sindhi woman ran the show

On and on...

This thinking makes sense in case of Baloch sepratists but doesn't explain Karachites' dislike considering that 'Punjabi' establishment's two most powerful dictators were Urdu speaking under whom MQM flourished.

Our bruecrocy has tons of Urdu speakers
Our millitary is filled with Pashtuns
The leadership is under a Pashtun rn
A sindhi woman ran the show

On and on...

Honestly man, never understood this Punjabi establishment thing. RAW played us well :abbas.

The discrimination was not done only by Sindhi's. The racism, and discrimination was done by people of all ethnicity. Besides from discrimination in jobs, they were made to feel that they were not Pakistanis. They were told that they came to Pakistan for pannah, told to leave Pakistan if they dont like it, called Indians, Hindustanis, Muhjairs (used as a taunt), etc.

Karachi is mini Pakistan. However Punjabi's still have Punjab, Sindhi's have interior, Pashtuns have KPK, etc. Urdu Speakers have no where else to go.

Karachi has a huge Pashtun populations, and Lyari is dominated by Baloch. ANP is probably more racist than PPP. Shahi Syed type people making racist speeches, and getting cheered by Pashtuns does not promote ethnic solidarity. These groups also had their own militas, until Raheel Sharif cleaned up Karachi.

Military accused them of Jinnahpur, however when Musharraf was COAS they supported the Army. Im sure you can guess why. I would say since Raheel Sharif Army reputation has been improved in Karachi.

I would say the Urdu Speakers are the most open to marry across ethnicity, and are the most open to a pan Pakistani identity. My own family has people married to Punjabis, Sindhis, Seraikis, Memons, Kashmirs, and Pashtuns. However if you a push a community to a corner dont be surprised if they fight back.

Anyway this is why the country needs non ethnic political parties like PTI. I dont see MQM coming back into power while Imran Khan is still around.

If you ever saw the physical state of Altaf mian back in the day you would put your house on him being in ICU if he ever got Covid. Can't imagine what he is like in present day, would imagine he would have breathing difficulty even without catching it.

:))) The guy doesn't even possess a neck . His face connects directly to his body .

The discrimination was not done only by Sindhi's. The racism, and discrimination was done by people of all ethnicity. Besides from discrimination in jobs, they were made to feel that they were not Pakistanis. They were told that they came to Pakistan for pannah, told to leave Pakistan if they dont like it, called Indians, Hindustanis, Muhjairs (used as a taunt), etc.

Karachi is mini Pakistan. However Punjabi's still have Punjab, Sindhi's have interior, Pashtuns have KPK, etc. Urdu Speakers have no where else to go.

Karachi has a huge Pashtun populations, and Lyari is dominated by Baloch. ANP is probably more racist than PPP. Shahi Syed type people making racist speeches, and getting cheered by Pashtuns does not promote ethnic solidarity. These groups also had their own militas, until Raheel Sharif cleaned up Karachi.

Military accused them of Jinnahpur, however when Musharraf was COAS they supported the Army. Im sure you can guess why. I would say since Raheel Sharif Army reputation has been improved in Karachi.

I would say the Urdu Speakers are the most open to marry across ethnicity, and are the most open to a pan Pakistani identity. My own family has people married to Punjabis, Sindhis, Seraikis, Memons, Kashmirs, and Pashtuns. However if you a push a community to a corner dont be surprised if they fight back.

Anyway this is why the country needs non ethnic political parties like PTI. I dont see MQM coming back into power while Imran Khan is still around.

Well I guess I have to read up more on inter-ethnic situation in Karachi in 60s, 70s and 80s.

And I have to say I was surprised when PTI took so many votes from Karachi in 2018. Perhaps it shows that Karachites wanted to part ways with Altaf long ago but couldn't do so because of lack of options and fear.

Well I guess I have to read up more on inter-ethnic situation in Karachi in 60s, 70s and 80s.

And I have to say I was surprised when PTI took so many votes from Karachi in 2018. Perhaps it shows that Karachites wanted to part ways with Altaf long ago but couldn't do so because of lack of options and fear.

It was clearly lack of options too.

In 2013 elections no major party did any campaigning in Karachi. How are you going to vote for someone else if no one campaigns. And even despite that PTI got record votes.

It’s same situation In interior Sindh.

Punjab just had too many seats due to population and the go to method has been to win Punjab to win pakistan

Not fear, lack of options. If Imran Khan never came into politics, MQM would have won in 2018 from Urban Sindh.

Well Karachi voted for JI and also now PTI. Neither of those parties were based on any region. MQM was not born of hate. It was born to counter hate and give a voice to the voiceless and oppressed with no representation.. Just because it went to a wrong direction doesn’t mean that the reason why it was set up was wrong.

Heck Karachi was the only part of the country which didn’t vote at all along ethnic lines until 80s when it came to the point they kept kept being backed into a corner with discriminatory policies like introducing the quota system; no jobs for urdu speaking in government or police, Ayub’s son letting loose barbarians to punish urdu speakers for voting for Fatima Jinnah etc etc.

Bro, we have had this discussion or some flavor of it over the years. I know you. You are a good guy and a patriot. But please stop trying to portray other parties or people with an ethnic brush like MQM’s.

MQM was born of hate. The founder admitted he got support from our sown enemy. Their strategy was always one of fear and terror and killings and depending the divisions. Other parties are no angels absolutely not but they never could play the ethnic card because people in Punjab in particular wouldn’t have it. Do you know why they changed?
1- because they kept seeing this nonsense from
MQM and also PPP
2- they saw that PML-n actually did do some good things to improve at least Lahore. This last part I actually had a hard time admitting to myself.

After all these years of MQM ruling the roost in Karachi, what do you have to show for? The city is a ruin, when it rains it floods, the whole city stinks.

I know you are not an MQM supporter but stop being their apologist or sympathizer and stop insulting people in Punjab in particular by painting us all with your broad brush.

^ 100

To add to your point
Here in Lahore as an Urdu speaking family all of our extended were PMLN supporters (due to his buisness, religion friendly "image")
Only know in the family we are seeing some PTI supporters in the family and it's only because of his religious friendly image (unlike Bibi) and also the reformist image

In Lahore there isn't this ethnic line politics that they have in Karachi that's why you're struggling to relate to what he is saying

Remember back in the day the faisalabad and industrial Punjab was back bone of PPP support
Punjab politics isn't strictly ethnic politics (not saying it's completely void of it just saying it's not the major part) there are nuences involved

This is true. I only lived in Lahore and Houston. When I came to Houston, I was surprised to see so much hate of Punjabis by the mahajir dominant Pakistani population of Houston. I ever understood it. To me I considered everyone a fellow Pakistani but the hate was palpable. MQM and Altaf ruined generations of our countrymen through this hate. They blame other parties of playing ethnic cards. Well if that is the case why do t I see similar hatred of Mahajirs and Sindhis, etc in Punjab? I already mentioned all my family were historically PPP supporters. The whole logic is flawed.

I am glad we at least all or most of us stand United under PTI, but the past hatred driven divisions should not define who we fundamentally are. Don’t let this hate and wrong perceptions define who you are. Hate them for being corrupt and thieves and I’ll stand with you. But I will not tolerate other nonsense rooted in ethnic divisions and hate.

For the jobs part I would suggest reading Owen jones Bennett’s book it will clear the misunderstanding that Urdu speakers were not given jobs.. however the reality is quite opposite

Bro, we have had this discussion or some flavor of it over the years. I know you. You are a good guy and a patriot. But please stop trying to portray other parties or people with an ethnic brush like MQM’s.

MQM was born of hate. The founder admitted he got support from our sown enemy. Their strategy was always one of fear and terror and killings and depending the divisions. Other parties are no angels absolutely not but they never could play the ethnic card because people in Punjab in particular wouldn’t have it. Do you know why they changed?
1- because they kept seeing this nonsense from
MQM and also PPP
2- they saw that PML-n actually did do some good things to improve at least Lahore. This last part I actually had a hard time admitting to myself.

After all these years of MQM ruling the roost in Karachi, what do you have to show for? The city is a ruin, when it rains it floods, the whole city stinks.

I know you are not an MQM supporter but stop being their apologist or sympathizer and stop insulting people in Punjab in particular by painting us all with your broad brush.

You are coming from a place where you have clearly been fed a propaganda. The simple fact is that MQM came out when urdu speakers were being pushed to the wall with one discriminatory policy after another. The army was also sent where innocent people were massacred indiscriminately even if the initial intention was to clean out militant elements.

also if you don’t see hate or dislike of Mahajirs in Punjab then that is due to your sheltered life. I know many people who went to LUMS for studies. It was fine till they were students and lived in a bubble. But the few who stayed on to live their on a more permanent basis have different stories...

Karachi May be in ruins and that is due to Punjab centric central governments and PPP led Sindh governments not releasing any money for any work. The only time it did happen (2003-2007); Karachi boomed.

Besides despite all the mess it is in; I see allot of people from Punjab coming to Karachi but almost none the other way around. That tells you sth where cities stand.

Last edited:
What propaganda, man? Seriously! You admit to the wrongs but you refuse to disavow and disown them. Out of sheer hatred of Punjabis. Might as well admit it and own it. Wear it proudly. You sound as much a bigot as the next MQM leader.
If someone tries to show you the truth, you blame it on propaganda. Is it propaganda that since the 80s MQM has been in charge of the city .. what have they really done to improve the living conditions of their people there?
I guess the patwaris do have a point “khatey hein to laga tey bhi hein”

MQM “kaatetey hein to sab ko .. doosron ko bhi apnon ko bhi”
So kuch death and murder and you still proudly wear that badge! bravo!

What propaganda, man? Seriously! You admit to the wrongs but you refuse to disavow and disown them. Out of sheer hatred of Punjabis. Might as well admit it and own it. Wear it proudly. You sound as much a bigot as the next MQM leader.
If someone tries to show you the truth, you blame it on propaganda. Is it propaganda that since the 80s MQM has been in charge of the city .. what have they really done to improve the living conditions of their people there?
I guess the patwaris do have a point “khatey hein to laga tey bhi hein”

MQM “kaatetey hein to sab ko .. doosron ko bhi apnon ko bhi”
So kuch death and murder and you still proudly wear that badge! bravo!
Someone’s getting triggered. Was it being told the truth?

Just because MQM is wrong and thugs doesn’t mean there wasn’t a legitimate reason why people flocked to them.

Btw it’s your beloved patwaris and PPP waderas who are majorly responsible for the mess that country is in with them leading the federal governments. They are similar to MQM in the sense that they order to kill opposition (Model Town)

Truth isn’t black or white as you would like it to be. Besides seems like you don’t how the country’s political system works. Just because a political party wins the majority seats in a city doesn’t mean it’s ruling the city. Apart for. 2002-2008, it’s been PPP which has been ‘ruling’ Karachi after it ended the Nazim (mayor) system.

Again I will condemn thugs of MQM and am glad we’re past them. But won’t give a free pass to the crimes of others or act as if MQM came out of nowhere with no legitimate reason.

You are coming from a place where you have clearly been fed a propaganda. The simple fact is that MQM came out when urdu speakers were being pushed to the wall with one discriminatory policy after another. The army was also sent where innocent people were massacred indiscriminately even if the initial intention was to clean out militant elements.

also if you don’t see hate or dislike of Mahajirs in Punjab then that is due to your sheltered life. I know many people who went to LUMS for studies. It was fine till they were students and lived in a bubble. But the few who stayed on to live their on a more permanent basis have different stories...

Karachi May be in ruins and that is due to Punjab centric central governments and PPP led Sindh governments not releasing any money for any work. The only time it did happen (2003-2007); Karachi boomed.

Besides despite all the mess it is in; I see allot of people from Punjab coming to Karachi but almost none the other way around. That tells you sth where cities stand.

I don't know about other things but come on!

My family is in Lahore for generations
Both grandad and gramdfather came to Lahore with nothing litterally nothing worked hard and all the generations are upper middle class now
In a discriminatory city those success stories are hard to find

And I grew up in Lahore and it's schools my father spent most of his adult life thier
Litterally we NEVER faced subtle or non subtle discrimination EVER! If I had a resentment towards the city for it's discrimination I would never write Lahore love
It's only possible cause city accepted us as it's own without discrimination and we feel that we're part of the city

Hell lots of my cousins don't even know Punjabi and only speak Urdu
Tell me can you not only grow up but also thrive in Peshawar without learning Pashto
Tell me can you not only grow up but also thrive in Karachi without learning Urdu
Tell me can you not only grow up but also thrive in Peshawar without learning Pashto
Same in Quetta, Larkana and other places
You can call the city of Lahore anything but discrimination against Urdu speakers is something I can whole heatedly attest to the city not having

Hell the part of my family in Karachi are worse of economically/socially than counterparts in Lahore

I don't about tham in thier Individual cases but Urdu speakers in general in Lahore are well off without a lot of discrimination and definitely fully intergreted into the city (200-300 people never once heard anyone complaining about discrimination instead we are treated better cause of us speaking good Urdu they think we're intelligent)

Last edited:

Of course I’m getting triggered. I have disowned a d disavowed every act of corrupt leaders in Pakistan regardless of previous loyalties because their track records since the 90s show what they truly are. Yet here you are acting as if MQM was righteous in how they conducted their business. Gimme a break! You and your Ilk will never learn your lesson and will always suffer under people like Altaf. Only a matter of
Time till another one like him comes along and you and your kind in your absolute hatred of Punjabis fall in line and start supporting him, eventually extending the suffering and misery of Karschiite urdu speaking population.

Of course I’m getting triggered. I have disowned a d disavowed every act of corrupt leaders in Pakistan regardless of previous loyalties because their track records since the 90s show what they truly are. Yet here you are acting as if MQM was righteous in how they conducted their business. Gimme a break! You and your Ilk will never learn your lesson and will always suffer under people like Altaf. Only a matter of
Time till another one like him comes along and you and your kind in your absolute hatred of Punjabis fall in line and start supporting him, eventually extending the suffering and misery of Karschiite urdu speaking population.

I’m “acting as if MQM was righteous in how they conducted their business.”? Clearly either you are wanna peddle a propaganda or your comprehension skills are very weak...

“Me and my ilk”?? Clearly I see who is showing the hatred here...

Anyways your cluelessness was well demonstrated by the assertion “MQM ruled Karachi since the 1980s.” Clearly someone doesn’t know how the government works in Pakistan and that just winning seats in a city doesn’t mean you are ‘ruling’ the city especially when there is local government system.

Anyways I can see that despite you taking the moral high ground who’s the one with the hatred. You can’t even admit or accept that policies such as the quota system were discriminatory..Have a good day.

I’m “acting as if MQM was righteous in how they conducted their business.”? Clearly either you are wanna peddle a propaganda or your comprehension skills are very weak...

“Me and my ilk”?? Clearly I see who is showing the hatred here...

Anyways your cluelessness was well demonstrated by the assertion “MQM ruled Karachi since the 1980s.” Clearly someone doesn’t know how the government works in Pakistan and that just winning seats in a city doesn’t mean you are ‘ruling’ the city especially when there is local government system.

Anyways I can see that despite you taking the moral high ground who’s the one with the hatred. You can’t even admit or accept that policies such as the quota system were discriminatory..Have a good day.

Reading the whole exchange
The ilk were MQM supporters not urdu-speakers
Trying to force your perception of him down his throat

Also some of the things you said in regards to Punjabi were boderline (meaning not really but close to) to hateful towards Punjabis in exchange he barely touched or generalised the whole group...

But I'm not mad at you tbh Karachi suffered injustices no doubt about it and your frustrations are justified in some ways (just don't agree with the way you're letting tham out) and honestly it's hard for non-Karachites to see that struggle without actually putting themselves in your shoes [MENTION=17315]Stewie[/MENTION]

But showing active hostility (not saying you but MQM/radical types) against majority of the country never achieved anything in the world let's alone a place like Pakistan...

I don't know about other things but come on!

My family is in Lahore for generations
Both grandad and gramdfather came to Lahore with nothing litterally nothing worked hard and all the generations are upper middle class now
In a discriminatory city those success stories are hard to find

And I grew up in Lahore and it's schools my father spent most of his adult life thier
Litterally we NEVER faced subtle or non subtle discrimination EVER! If I had a resentment towards the city for it's discrimination I would never write Lahore love
It's only possible cause city accepted us as it's own without discrimination and we feel that we're part of the city

Hell lots of my cousins don't even know Punjabi and only speak Urdu
Tell me can you not only grow up but also thrive in Karachi without learning Urdu
Same in Quetta, Larkana and other places
You can call the city of Lahore anything but discrimination against Urdu speakers is something I can whole heatedly attest to the city not having

Hell the part of my family in Karachi are worse of economically/socially than counterparts in Lahore

I don't about tham in thier Individual cases but Urdu speakers in general in Lahore are well off without a lot of discrimination and definitely fully intergreted into the city (200-300 people never once heard anyone complaining about discrimination instead we are treated better cause of us speaking good Urdu they think we're intelligent)

Your experience doesn’t speak to the general experience of others and cannot discount expletive of others. Many Punjabis and pathans who are 2’d, 3rd generation karachiites never faced any issues either and heck some were in MQM too but that doesn’t take away the fact that pathans had problems on 2000s. (Don’t think Punjabis had much problems in that respect)

As from what I’ve heard and comparing to yo experience May be it is dislike of Karachiites rather than urdu speaking specifically but that is besides the point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Also some of the things you said in regards to Punjabi were boderline (meaning not really but close to) to hateful towards Punjabis in exchange he barely touched or generalised the whole group...

But I'm not mad at you tbh Karachi suffered injustices no doubt about it and your frustrations are justified in some ways (just don't agree with the way you're letting tham out) and honestly it's hard for non-Karachites to see that struggle without actually putting themselves in your shoes [MENTION=17315]Stewie[/MENTION]

But showing active hostility (not saying you but MQM/radical types) against majority of the country never achieved anything in the world let's alone a place like Pakistan...

What borderline hatred stuff have I said lol?

Also his agenda is obv clear when he is forcibly calling me an MQM supporter despite me condemning them and calling them thugs. I’m just explaining why they gained support in the first place but he is totally discounting that obviously.

Heck he doesn’t even want to accept the atrocities whether it’s from Ayub’s time, quota system or army operation with indiscriminate killings. He can’t even come to admit that that was wrong and I’m the one who’s borderline hatred :))

Bigboi, I can and I do put myself in the shoes of people who are wronged. But that’s the thing about people wronged in Pakistan. They belong to every ethnicity. You think Punjabis and pathans don’t face problems? The corrupt system of Pakistan has this quality of being equal opportunity wrong doers. Doesn’t matter which group you belong to. But it’s easy for MQM supporters to play the ethnic card whenever they want and not only that, they use it to justify their support of MQM .. what about all the people who lost their lives to the india backed terrorism spread by MQM in Karachi in the 90s? The majority victims were Punjabis and pathans, weren’t they?

As we all denounce the corruption of Patwaris and jiyaleys it’s important to do so with MQM without adding any conditions to it.

Besides that, thank you for defending my stance a d clarifying my words.

[MENTION=138463]Slog[/MENTION], if you feel they have done any good how else would I qualify you if not their apologist or sympathizer? I know you better than that and didn’t label you as a supporter.

I’m glad we all stand under the flag of Pakistan and support PTI, but there is a remnant of militancy in your posts when it comes to MQM. Actions and violence never justify the injustices especially against your own people. And vice versa.

[MENTION=138463]Slog[/MENTION], if you feel they have done any good how else would I qualify you if not their apologist or sympathizer? I know you better than that and didn’t label you as a supporter.

I’m glad we all stand under the flag of Pakistan and support PTI, but there is a remnant of militancy in your posts when it comes to MQM. Actions and violence never justify the injustices especially against your own people. And vice versa.

I have no problem with you. But i could care less about you taking any moral high ground especially when all over pakistan people have voted on ethnic basis as well.

But I have a problem with you not even acknowledging that there were legitimate reasons why a party like MQM gained support in the first place.

Last edited:
Bigboi, I can and I do put myself in the shoes of people who are wronged. But that’s the thing about people wronged in Pakistan. They belong to every ethnicity. You think Punjabis and pathans don’t face problems? The corrupt system of Pakistan has this quality of being equal opportunity wrong doers. Doesn’t matter which group you belong to. But it’s easy for MQM supporters to play the ethnic card whenever they want and not only that, they use it to justify their support of MQM .. what about all the people who lost their lives to the india backed terrorism spread by MQM in Karachi in the 90s? The majority victims were Punjabis and pathans, weren’t they?

As we all denounce the corruption of Patwaris and jiyaleys it’s important to do so with MQM without adding any conditions to it.

Besides that, thank you for defending my stance a d clarifying my words.

What about the army operation ordered by PML-N ran under fake (accepted by military now) Jinnahpur accusations in which thousands of innocent Urdu speaking people died in the 90s? Do you condemn PML-N and the army for that?

I have no problem with you. But i could care less about you taking any moral high ground especially when all over pakistan people have voted on ethnic basis as well.

But I have a problem with you not even acknowledging that there were legitimate reasons why a party like MQM gained support in the first place.

Well said. Double standards for those who aren’t “sons of the soil”.

Time to be call out the bigotry. Nobody cares about Muhajirs and this is the reason why MQM will be back with full force in any future elections (bar the last minute “counting glitches”)

What about the army operation ordered by PML-N ran under fake (accepted by military now) Jinnahpur accusations in which thousands of innocent Urdu speaking people died in the 90s? Do you condemn PML-N and the army for that?

Naseer Ullah Baber, Zulfiqar Mirza, Uzair Baloch, Rao Anwar, Rangers and many more had the license for extra-judicial killings of Urdu speaking population. No one ever bat an eye lid.

Naseer Ullah Baber, Zulfiqar Mirza, Uzair Baloch, Rao Anwar, Rangers and many more had the license for extra-judicial killings of Urdu speaking population. No one ever bat an eye lid.

Yup it was open season.

but but but Urdu speakers hateful for latching onto the only people (no matter how thuggish they may be) who gave a damn or even said anything about these problems....

Please gimme a break. First of all Naseerullah Babar was working under BB, grt your facts straight. And the operation was necessary given the rampant MQM terrorism in Karachi.
A lot of arrested MQM terrorists came on TV and made statements how they were sanctioned by Altaf Bhai to kill innocent punjabis and pathans in Karachi. Now you are going to say that was some sort of an effort to kill mahajirs?

And then you claim I am the one influenced by propaganda? Lahol wala quat!

^^ clearly someone’s taking the propaganda pills.

[MENTION=17315]Stewie[/MENTION] thoughts on this? Thoughts on the fake jinnahpur allegations?

Also what are your thoughts on the quota system? Btw Imran khan also said it’s unjust.

Please gimme a break. First of all Naseerullah Babar was working under BB, grt your facts straight. And the operation was necessary given the rampant MQM terrorism in Karachi.
A lot of arrested MQM terrorists came on TV and made statements how they were sanctioned by Altaf Bhai to kill innocent punjabis and pathans in Karachi. Now you are going to say that was some sort of an effort to kill mahajirs?

And then you claim I am the one influenced by propaganda? Lahol wala quat!

Who said Naseem Ullah Babar was not under BB. Who is giving clean chit to PPP? And lol at the guy who claimed that “MQM ruled Karachi for 30 years” asking someone to get their facts right. Irony died...

These operations were carried out under the claim that There were attempts to get independence and form Jinnahpur. In the 2000s these claims were debunked and accepted to be fake. But thousands of innocent urdu speakers who had nothing to do with MQM had been killed in these operations. No justice for them?

Seems like some people who have been spoon fed propaganda by the establishment all their lives have been dealt some harsh truths today.

Anyways [MENTION=17315]Stewie[/MENTION] you can keep on believing whatever you want. As per you: No discrimination happened against Urdu Speakers. Bengalis were treated fantastically by Pakistani establishment and like Karachiites were misled to revolt. Balochis are again under propaganda and nothing bad has happened to them by the establishment. Same with tribal people in FATA. All these crybabies need to learn patriotism for Pakistan from the people from Punjab. I’m done with this thread.

You said it was done under pml-n and to me that doesn’t matter who did it. But by most accounts it was much needed. MQM terrorism was at its peak at the time.

If the army was so anti urdu speakers, how come in a few years full support was given to an urdu speaking general to oust noora?

You have to quit believing the Altaf bhai propaganda. But it’s quite clear no evidence and statements here will help you change your mind.

Speaking of the quota system, yes it’s a massive injustice... just another one in a while glut of other injustices done to a lot of other people in Pakistan. But only Altaf reacted by embracing India, openly questioning g Pakistan’s existence, started a separatist movement and held the country’s economic hub hostage and painted the city red with blood.

But it’s quite clear none of these pieces of evidence will change the minds of those who believe in some alternate history!

Well said. Double standards for those who aren’t “sons of the soil”.

Time to be call out the bigotry. Nobody cares about Muhajirs and this is the reason why MQM will be back with full force in any future elections (bar the last minute “counting glitches”)

No they wont. As long as Imran Khan is there, PTI will win Urban Sindh.

Back