Multan Sultans (214/4) defeat Lahore Qalandars (154/10) by 60 runs in match 14 of PSL 9

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Updated PSL points table after 13 games:

BK9Rn8x.png

In today’s game and 14th match of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2024, the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore will witness a clash between the Lahore Qalandars and the Multan Sultans. This game serves as a home fixture for the Qalandars. While Lahore has faced defeat in all five matches thus far, Multan currently holds the top position in the points table.

qnwzUR6.png

Squads:

Multan Sultans
Squad: Usman Khan, Mohammad Rizwan(w/c), Reeza Hendricks, Tayyab Tahir, Iftikhar Ahmed, Khushdil Shah, David Willey, Usama Mir, Aftab Ibrahim, Abbas Afridi, Mohammad Ali, Ali Majid, Yasir Khan, Dawid Malan, Olly Stone, Johnson Charles, Shahnawaz Dahani, Faisal Akram, Chris Jordan, Mohammad Shahzad

Lahore Qalandars Squad: Sahibzada Farhan, Fakhar Zaman, Rassie van der Dussen, Shai Hope(w), Ahsan Bhatti, Jahandad Khan, Sikandar Raza, Carlos Brathwaite, Shaheen Afridi(c), Mohammad Imran, Zaman Khan, George Linde, Abdullah Shafique, Salman Fayyaz, David Wiese, Kamran Ghulam, Syed Faridoun, Mirza Tahir Baig, Tayyab Abbas, Lorcan Tucker, Daniel Lawrence, Bhanuka Rajapaksa

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Lahore will be the cornered tigers in this game. I am not sure they can win this match as well but they will be looking to grab a win now. Multan's game for me.

On paper LQ are a decent side. But Shaheen has been a truly awful captain so far. Fakhar has also gone back to the worst version of himself.

It's a do or die encounter for Lahore Qalandars today and Multan if they win today will qualify for the next round.

Multan Sultans are playing two overseas players today because of niggles to the other three foreign players.

The Multan Sultans management put a request to the PCB event technical committee, which was approved earlier.

I'm glad Faisal Akram is in today. Excited to see the left arm chinaman go

Was it smart to bat first in lieu of perhaps some due later?

Pakistan’s greatest opener in Cricket history

Scared of left arm seamers

Couldn’t ask the senior pro this time to face up…should have opened with Usman Khan and fed him do Shaheen whilst Rizwan can hide at non strikers end

Zindabad Shaheen

This clown has nothing on you when it comes to actual cricket skills

What a beauty

Rizwan was desperately hoping to survive until Jahandad and Fayyaz to score his runs

The wannabe captain of Pakistan

Scared of left arm seamers lol

Thank You mu Lord

What a beautiful start to this match!

Poor technique from Riz tbh,
With Shaheen you know what you are going to get, full and swinging in and yet still he left a big gap between bat & pad.

The wannabe captain of Pakistan

Scared of left arm seamers lol
Honestly, I thought it was a poor decision for the Multans to bat first as well. Shaheen seemed a bit shocked

“Only 3 people in Pakistan can score a 60 ball century…

Babar, Fakhar and Rizwan”

Hahahahahaahhahahhahaahjaahahaja

Is the Eagle is back?

dhFZeWW.png

✅Pace back up in the 140's
✅ Swing is back
✅ Wicket in the first over

Peach of a delivery to remove Rizwan. Shades of Shaheen vs India.

With that MS’s chances take a significant hit. When Rizwan scores runs, MS tend to win.

I just want to know what changed between the last NZ t20 and the PSL because Shaheen seems to be back.

Peach of a delivery to remove Rizwan. Shades of Shaheen vs India.

With that MS’s chances take a significant hit. When Rizwan scores runs, MS tend to win.
At the same time its a good chance for the others to prove their worth. Reeza now needs to play anchor and the others to bat around him.

Is the Eagle is back?

dhFZeWW.png

✅Pace back up in the 140's
✅ Swing is back
✅ Wicket in the first over
Against Rizwan?

We will see against Fin Allen. A proper international opener. Not Rizwan, he’s a fraud.

I just want to know what changed between the last NZ t20 and the PSL because Shaheen seems to be back.

It seems he’s bowled himself back into a rhythm.

I was skeptical about his ILT20 appearance as it seemed ill advised when he seemed to be carrying a niggle.

But the match time seems to have given him the opportunity to work back to up top speed and swing again.

Yeah who knows, i'm most impressed that his speed is up 10 clicks. Maybe he just needed some rest? Maybe the favorable crowd pumping him up, maybe the speed gun is faulty haha

Tuned in to watch Rizwan but unfortunately he went early. Still will be difficult for LQ

Only 3 people in Pakistan masquerade as T20 openers but have no business opening;

Babar Azam
Mohammad Rizwan
Shan Masood

Against Rizwan?

We will see against Fin Allen. A proper international opener. Not Rizwan, he’s a fraud.
Rizwan has done pretty well this PSL. Cannot understand the hate for him.

Rizwan has done pretty well this PSL. Cannot understand the hate for him.
PSL means nothing

Flat roads, small boundaries, low quality players

We’ve seen what these so called performers are like at international level outside of Pakistan against proper teams

Why was that guy who opened and made 48 for Multan last time dropped? He played an innings like Rizwan usually does. Was he dropped by Multan due to poor strike rate?

Usman Khan is a jungli batter but is surprisingly a good player of spin

Should have been out for a Duck against IU too

Imad Wasim destroys these types of players on Vlogs and interviews, but then breaths life into their opening spots by dropping them for 0!

Frustrating person!

Only 3 people in Pakistan masquerade as T20 openers but have no business opening;

Babar Azam
Mohammad Rizwan
Shan Masood

I really hope we try your options of saim , sharjeel , saud , farhan , fakhar

And azam khan as the wicketkeeper

And then we will can all have a good roll on the floor laughing when they get turned over by afghanistan.

Why is Lahore’s bowling so awful? Cannot bowl a single over without giving a couple of boundaries away atleast?

Why is Lahore’s bowling so awful? Cannot bowl a single over without giving a couple of boundaries away atleast?

Brathwaite, Sikarnder, Linde not really world class bowlers

How does Brathwaite keep getting chances in these T20 leagues? The man is as mediocre as it gets. Can't bat and can't bowl. A complete fraud.

Usman scored 120 in last years PSL. This lad can bat

I really hope we try your options of saim , sharjeel , saud , farhan , fakhar

And azam khan as the wicketkeeper

And then we will can all have a good roll on the floor laughing when they get turned over by afghanistan.
What’s the worst that can happen? Lose to Afghanistan you say? We lost against them with Babar and Rizwan playing when the whole world was watching btw

You wanna banter? Come with stronger lines boy

Why was that guy who opened and made 48 for Multan last time dropped? He played an innings like Rizwan usually does. Was he dropped by Multan due to poor strike rate?
Who you talking about?

Should have been out for a Duck against IU too

Imad Wasim destroys these types of players on Vlogs and interviews, but then breaths life into their opening spots by dropping them for 0!

Frustrating person!
you will now start every player who drops Rizwan or conceded boundaries against him

Haris Rauf will prove himself a match winner for Lahore Qalandars after not playing this game 😂

I think Shaheen's pace has improved. Not exactly to his pre-injury self but still great to see.

Another one that Pakistan let slip

Usman the Barbarian!

He is 29 and only played 2 FC games and 1 List A game, but like 30 T20 games
Something is a bit odd there. He should have been given a chance to play more FC and List A games to develop his skills

Big mistake by Lahore to get Rizwan out cheaply

The match was sealed in Multan’s favour right there!

guy left pak and to play for uae and was like imma smash 100 vs pak lol
Apparently the Pakistan domestic teams used to bench him all the time and he was sick of the parchi system so he started working in the UAE.

Can't blame him.

Apparently the Pakistan domestic teams used to bench him all the time and he was sick of the parchi system so he started working in the UAE.

Can't blame him.

Yeah for real, really sticking it to the system which is great

Can't blame him.
let's be honest he is just a hack...no way this guy would have succeeded on the international scene

just scoring runs or highways of PSL

didn't do much in uae league

An amazing
let's be honest he is just a hack...no way this guy would have succeeded on the international scene

Looking at his latest scores before the PSL, he consistently seems to get starts but can't capitalize. Maybe throws his wicket away too much.

How I wish Pakistan had some international quality coaches.

Despite having Shaheen, Zaman, Rauf their bowling has been so toothless

h8Q8BcM.png

But Doull said he was misused

The guy is an opener but is batting at 5-6 for Gulf Giants

Back