My BAS Vampire Blaster LE Review

ca_gold

Tape Ball Regular
Runs
Another old review..

Well I finally received my BAS Vampire Blaster from Asad today (Feb 24, 2010). I thought I’d show you all a few pics and give a review of my experience.

Details of the bat:
2’8ish – however picks up as light as Asad said it would. I’m amazed at how a bat this thick (in my opinion) picks up so light! It has approximately 8-9 straightish grains. I don’t know the size of the edges, I’m sure Asad could fill in if someone is wondering.

Review of Service:
Never before have I experienced such fantastic service buying cricket equipment. You guys should all keep in mind that I live in Canada. Asad was online and accessible when ever I needed him.
He took pictures of the BAS and SS bats for me to compare
Also the care which with Asad packed the bat I truly appreciated. My biggest fear was dents/damage to the bat in the shipping. However, the packaging was top notch. If anyone is ordering from overseas, rest assured your package will arrive safely packaged. He also through in a grip, an anti scruff sheet and some extra things I requested.
I’m sure Asad can attest to the number of emails we exchanged back and forth, he was a pleasure to deal with and I look forward to buying more equipment from him (I have my eye on a pair of BAS Pads and Gloves!)

Enjoy the pics guys. I’ve thrown in some of the rest of my bats. I’m sure some of the guys would appreciate the old school CA Gold there!

I’m in the knocking in process right now, I’ll update this thread once I’ve had a few hits with the bat.

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Add five more bats (Thruxton, Krakatoa, ICE, MB and H4L) in that collection and you'll envy at a greater magnitude.

So a year on, how has the Blaster played?

BAS make very good quality bats. I personally like it more then any pakistani bat i've had. though i havent owned any of the newer high end CA's. I have a malik LE, but the BAS is better, especially with regards to the handle.

After seeing more than dozen of BAS at Hagee I came to a conclusion that they look and feel a lot like CA.

As I told you last night the handle on MB LE is improved one, if you see regular Bubber Sher (eg the one I have) it handle is much thinner and weaker.

After seeing more than dozen of BAS at Hagee I came to a conclusion that they look and feel a lot like CA.

As I told you last night the handle on MB LE is improved one, if you see regular Bubber Sher (eg the one I have) it handle is much thinner and weaker.

for some reason the BAS's at Hagee dont seem or feel like my BAS.

for some reason the BAS's at Hagee dont seem or feel like my BAS.

If thats the case I'm willing to take my words back.

I believe here comes import/export quality bats. I don't think Hagee bats are import quality ones whereas the ones Asad Bhai picks up in India are certainly better quality bats.

Back