5764210849_5292651908_m.jpg

5764209643_5f236ba703_m.jpg

5764204673_2612c0f7f7_m.jpg

5764762668_e1ae13457e_m.jpg

5764763950_f6d4ed138a_m.jpg

Please comment :)

Very nice bats there indeed.

Whats the shape of Plain bat?

Out of them which one is your favourite and why?

Lastly what are there weights?

Very nice bats there indeed.

Whats the shape of Plain bat?

Out of them which one is your favourite and why?

Lastly what are there weights?

Well, honestly I dont know the shape of the plain bat lol

Bats are all in the medium heavy range and the pickup of them all feels great.

Cover Drive, what do reckon about the grains on all of my bats?

My favourite at the moment, just by picking and feeling surely has to be the flare followed by GN :)

My favourite at the moment, just by picking and feeling surely has to be the flare followed by GN :)

I was going to say the samething your gray nicolls LOOKS beast ANYWAYS very nice bats hope you score plenty of runs with them :umarakmal

One more question Cn u tell me ICON and FlARE are same oval shaped or different coz i have seen ICON handle it was oval shaped and i like it what about FLARE is it same as ICON ? Thanks

Or CD Bhai if you have answer to my above question ^^^ It would be apprieated Thanks

Both Oblivion and Icon they look quite big fort here weight. I like all of your bats to be honest!

Grainwise I won't lie all of them have brilliant and very good nice clean grains.

Feelwise and pingwise which one do you rate the best? My take is Newbery?

Your Thruxton is sweet bat and I love the profile of Oblivion too!

ManHOOS, yes all GM would have same type of handle. I have noticed that LE models handle and mid model have different composition of handle but that is hardly noticeable and doesn't even make a difference.

ManHOOS, yes all GM would have same type of handle. I have noticed that LE models handle and mid model have different composition of handle but that is hardly noticeable and doesn't even make a difference.

909 and up have a semi-oval handle.

Both Oblivion and Icon they look quite big fort here weight. I like all of your bats to be honest!

Grainwise I won't lie all of them have brilliant and very good nice clean grains.

Feelwise and pingwise which one do you rate the best? My take is Newbery?

Your Thruxton is sweet bat and I love the profile of Oblivion too!

Thanks Cover Drive for your nice compliments :)

I still haven't tested the ping on the bats, just wondering what is the best way to do it?

Feelwise, defo has to be the Flare and then GN. They all seem so light for pickups even though they are medium range.

My next target is buying 3-4 more bats ( I am a bat collector), and which ones do you recommend Cover Drive? You seem to know alot when it comes to bat.

Or what I"ll do is, I'll some bats and you can then make your recommendations :)

Thanks Cover Drive for your nice compliments :)

I still haven't tested the ping on the bats, just wondering what is the best way to do it?

Feelwise, defo has to be the Flare and then GN. They all seem so light for pickups even though they are medium range.

My next target is buying 3-4 more bats ( I am a bat collector), and which ones do you recommend Cover Drive? You seem to know alot when it comes to bat.

Or what I"ll do is, I'll some bats and you can then make your recommendations :)

No worries, your bats deserve compliments :)

Just take a good quality old ball and bounce it in air and see how well it respond.

Oblivion has very good feel and is very good bat indeed, I'm surprised you didn't mention Icon and Thruxton!

Haha whats your budget regarding bats?

Also did you get these GM's, GN and Newbery shipped from UK to Australia or you bought them locally?

You used to post a lot in past not sure what happened, I hope all is well!

Yeah if you have any particular brand or bat model in your mind let me know and other on forum know and they will tell there experience if they have used them.

No worries, your bats deserve compliments :)

Just take a good quality old ball and bounce it in air and see how well it respond.

Oblivion has very good feel and is very good bat indeed, I'm surprised you didn't mention Icon and Thruxton!

Haha whats your budget regarding bats?

Also did you get these GM's, GN and Newbery shipped from UK to Australia or you bought them locally?

You used to post a lot in past not sure what happened, I hope all is well!

Yeah if you have any particular brand or bat model in your mind let me know and other on forum know and they will tell there experience if they have used them.

Will test the ping and let you guys know :)

I got the bats shipped from UK to Australia via TNT from cricketdirect, and now I realised that the prices on their website dont include VAT, and owzat-cricket is a little more cheaper.

But oh well, doesn't matter, I'm happy with the bats and my next set might include:

Bradbury 500
Gunn & Moore Luna DXM Original
Gray Nicolls Quantum Players
Boomboom Signature 175

Will test the ping and let you guys know :)

I got the bats shipped from UK to Australia via TNT from cricketdirect, and now I realised that the prices on their website dont include VAT, and owzat-cricket is a little more cheaper.

But oh well, doesn't matter, I'm happy with the bats and my next set might include:

Bradbury 500
Gray Nicolls Quantum Players
Boomboom Signature 175

Ah okay, nevertheless I'm sure you had gotten a good deal.

Bradbury, very good bats but I have heard they are made in India thesedays so I won't bat out for them considering the price tag they carry.

Luna, a very good bat. Good low sweetspot profile and nice light pickup. But not sure if it will suit Australian tracks.

Quantum, Good profile but not a fan of square toe. It has nice pickup and balance though.

Boom Boom Signature 175, haven't seen them but have Boom Boom Signature 175 softs and they are impressive quality gloves assuming bats would be good too!

Ah okay, nevertheless I'm sure you had gotten a good deal.

Bradbury, very good bats but I have heard they are made in India thesedays so I won't bat out for them considering the price tag they carry.

Luna, a very good bat. Good low sweetspot profile and nice light pickup. But not sure if it will suit Australian tracks.

Quantum, Good profile but not a fan of square toe. It has nice pickup and balance though.

Boom Boom Signature 175, haven't seen them but have Boom Boom Signature 175 softs and they are impressive quality gloves assuming bats would be good too!

Thanks for your informative post...

might avoid Bradbury then... I definitely like Luna, we only play on astro turf, so yeah, might not use, but definately one for my collection.

Anyone here on pakpassion have any idea about Boom Boom bats?

Im also thinking of buying CA PLUS 12000 LE (TRD) instead of Bradbury.. Any suggestions?

What other bats are good? I have seen some Salix bats too, and my eyes were even on a Newbery Krakatoa Players bat...

How is Slazenger,puma and SS? Any ranges in there I could possibly look at?

So many choices, I am sure your experience will help :)

Thanks once again

Thanks for your informative post...

might avoid Bradbury then... I definitely like Luna, we only play on astro turf, so yeah, might not use, but definately one for my collection.

Anyone here on pakpassion have any idea about Boom Boom bats?

Im also thinking of buying CA PLUS 12000 LE (TRD) instead of Bradbury.. Any suggestions?

What other bats are good? I have seen some Salix bats too, and my eyes were even on a Newbery Krakatoa Players bat...

How is Slazenger,puma and SS? Any ranges in there I could possibly look at?

So many choices, I am sure your experience will help :)

Thanks once again

Luna is very good bat, those scoops which are of concaving makes pickup very light and the balance and feel is very good as well. you won't regret if you buy it.

One of PPer ordered a Boom Boom Signature 175 so he is waiting on that, he might be able to help you.

Salix bats are very very good, the shape of them is close to traditional but they are very affective and good bats. Here is my review of Salix;

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=114757

Millichamp & Hall have some very good bats, they are handmade by Nick and the bats are brilliant! The finishing on them is not as good as Newbery or Salix but bats feel in particular Harlequin is very good!

Here are few Millichamp & Hall reviews for you;

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=117319

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=118299&highlight=Original

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=121973

Slazenger and SS are not in my cup of tea and I don't rate them very high.

Puma, I believe they are very very under-rated bats, they are phenomenal bats! I'm talking about puma Iridium, I have two of them and believe me or not they are one of the best bats I have used, brilliant feel, finish and the way they play is amazing!

Few reviews of Puma's for you;

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=123943&highlight=Puma

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=125219

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=124346

There is a small company in UK known as BlackCat, there bats are made in UK and they are unbelievable! They play and have great feel, I have one but I'm being lazy to review it:(

CA TRD LE, is one of the best bat going these days amazing bat! Everytime I see a TRD it is better than the one I saw before they are seriously good bats, below are few links of TRD bats for you;

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=128411

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=128631

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=128081

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=121635

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=124045

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=120475

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=123551

If you want to spend premium price then Screaming Cat and Laver&Wood's are one of the best.

Browse through forum and you will find Laver & Wood and Screaming Cat's reviews.

Cover Drive, you are so helpful mate! I am simply amazed at your sincerity. Keep it up :)

I'll go through the link and then decide accordingly. But so far in my mind, after my discussion with you, Im thinking of buying:

CA PLUS 12000 LE (TRD)
Newbery Krakatoa Player
Salix Daemon Grade 1
Boom Boom 175
Puma Irdium 6000
Maybe another variant of GN - Please recommend

I need to choose 3-4 bats from the above, and want to buy from Uzi Sports, but the range is very limited from Asad...

No worries happy to serve you guys :)

Nice list I would say but if I were to pick four bats from that list then I would choose;

CA 12000 Plus LE TRD
Salix Pod (rather than Daemon)
Puma Iridium 6000
GM Luna Original

These four are my pick because;

TRD is the best Asian bat I would consider at the moment.

Salix well they are just in different class

Puma certainly under-rated and I'm sure you'll love it!

Luna because you like it :D

No worries happy to serve you guys :)

Nice list I would say but if I were to pick four bats from that list then I would choose;

CA 12000 Plus LE TRD
Salix Pod (rather than Daemon)
Puma Iridium 6000
GM Luna Original

These four are my pick because;

TRD is the best Asian bat I would consider at the moment.

Salix well they are just in different class

Puma certainly under-rated and I'm sure you'll love it!

Luna because you like it :D

Thanks for your recommendation, but Uzi sports dont have Salix Pod ,Puma Iridium 6000 and GM Luna Original.

How can I order from him, or is there any other good UK stores that I can try?

Thanks once again Cover Drive, you are a legend

The ping on both of my GM are very good, feels like the ball will travel.
Gray Nicolls ping is not too bad, and Thruxton feels like it needs knocking in.
But overall, all the bats feel nice in my hand and will start knocking them in soon.

The ping on both of my GM are very good, feels like the ball will travel.
Gray Nicolls ping is not too bad, and Thruxton feels like it needs knocking in.
But overall, all the bats feel nice in my hand and will start knocking them in soon.

Gray Nicolls require a lot of knocking and they take time to open up but once they open they do wonders!

Thruxton shouldn't require knocking because it already has Hammer Edge treatment which includes knocking.

Thanks for your recommendation, but Uzi sports dont have Salix Pod ,Puma Iridium 6000 and GM Luna Original.

How can I order from him, or is there any other good UK stores that I can try?

Thanks once again Cover Drive, you are a legend

Yes, Uzi Sports doesn't have Puma and GM's.

However, I think they might still have Pod but for that you might have to email them.

http://uzisports.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=677

I was comparing the profile of both Pod and Daemon and to be honest I didn't find any difference in shape maybe thats just me but I didn't find a difference.

I bought my Puma and GM from Mapperly Sports and if you see recommended store thread you'll see how good service Micheal (guy at Mapperly) has.

Yeah Cover Drive, I have emailed Uzi Sports and will wait for their reply.

I just want to buy the bats from I want from the one place, to save me the hassle and on shipping.

Hey Cover Drive, are there any other variants of GN that are good?

Im thinking maybe skip Puma bat and get another GN model.

What do you think?

I have seen all GN models and the one which I liked the best apart from Oblivion is Evo, I like the shape of it.

Quantum I didn't like because of square toe but is decent tbh

Kaboom same thing as above.

Powerbow nahh!!

Nitro yuck!

Legend is good too!

The Evo LE Uzi Sports had was amazing!!!

if you are buying from uzi sports, check with asad directly and he will be able to guide you best looking at the stock he has. you will not go wrong with any of the bats. he has some great ones in there.

I have seen all GN models and the one which I liked the best apart from Oblivion is Evo, I like the shape of it.

Quantum I didn't like because of square toe but is decent tbh

Kaboom same thing as above.

Powerbow nahh!!

Nitro yuck!

Legend is good too!

The Evo LE Uzi Sports had was amazing!!!

Thanks Cover Drive, will check it out.

You mentioned that Bradbury were made in India, is that true?

How do they play?

Uhmm I heard they are made in India, AamerM Bhai have one maybe he'll be the best one to answer how they play.

bradbury's are made in australia in WA. Went to greg chapple cricekt centre and i saw the players it was massive nice pick up has quite a bow and is scalloped (the profile)

should not matter where it is made if the bat is good. CD you had suggested Boom Boom, which i think is also made in India.

you will find that all top bats perform well. after that, it is just up to which stickers you like.

Uhmm I heard they are made in India, AamerM Bhai have one maybe he'll be the best one to answer how they play.

Bradbury's play brilliantly well. My son uses it regularly in nets and matches and he loves it.

Going by the quality of handle I would say they are made in the subcontinent.

So bhai which one did you buy or are considering ?

Yaar bhai did you see sale on Barrington Sports?

So bhai which one did you buy or are considering ?

Yaar bhai did you see sale on Barrington Sports?

I ended up buying from owzat cricket:

Gray Nicolls Evo 5 Star Pre Prepared Cricket Bat 2011
Gunn & Moore Luna DXM Original GM NOW Cricket Bat 2011
Puma Iridium 5000 Cricket Bat 2011.

They havent sent it out yet, hopefully soon, will keep you updated.

Didnt know about the sale at Barrington Sports :(

Great great selection at the end I would say :)

I am sure you will love all three of those bats, especially Puma Iridium :D

Don't worry I heard Barrington Sports bats weren't the nicest ones around however, OwZat is known for quality stuff.

I am looking forward in seeing how Evo turns out, would you mind to do a review of all of them ?

yeah agree well done on choosing the puma they have some quality sticks, the EVO's look brilliant as well!

Looks great!

Is it Puma 6000?

How are you liking the bats?

Can you review them especially Evo?

Looks great!

Is it Puma 6000?

How are you liking the bats?

Can you review them especially Evo?

Puma is a 5000 and it has a sticker mentioning its made in England.

Puma and Evo picking is great, Luna just feels a bit on the heavy side for me, but a very very good bat!

Ping on all the bats are nice too.

Puma is a 5000 and it has a sticker mentioning its made in England.

Puma and Evo picking is great, Luna just feels a bit on the heavy side for me, but a very very good bat!

Ping on all the bats are nice too.

Yes, Puma 5000 is made by Rob Pack.

Ah okay, Luna is brilliant bat, have you started using any bat yet?

Very nice bats ... congrats !

I have CA 12000 TRD 2.9lbz ... its a great bat; absolute nightmare to slow/medium/spinners :)

I am sure I don't need to say anything about Newbery Thruxton ... I have the same SPS verison; a gem of a bat !

Back