My blood boils when I play the Aussies: Harbhajan Singh

Runner Up

T20I Debutant
Runs
:akhtar:rehman:ajmal

Harbhajan Singh loves shooting from the lip, especially when it comes to the Australians whom India take on in the World Cup quarter final in Ahmedabad on Thursday.

“My blood boils when I play the Aussies. We are confident and very positive.” said Harbhajan. The spinner continues to be a thorn in Australia’s side and has taken immense pleasure in talking them down.

When the Australians struggled against Pakistan in the Sydney Test (a Test which the hosts ended up winning) against Pakistan in 2010, Harbhajan told this newspaper: “Ever since (Shane) Warney and (Glenn) McGrath have gone, the Australians have struggled to get 20 guys out in a Test match. A lot of teams have the belief that they can beat Australia in any situation whether they are playing them at home or anywhere.”

Meanwhile, India coach Gary Kirsten stressed that the energy levels of his players were high. “Our players are bubbling (with energy). They are positive before the Australia game. Hopefully, they will deliver,” said Kirsten.

Virender Sehwag, who missed the last game against the West Indies due to a troublesome knee, didn’t indulge in the customary pre-match football activity, but was at his striking best in the nets. After half an hour of batting practice, Sehwag told: “I am okay now, but you can never say what will happen in the future. All I can say now is that I am feeling good.”

Seamer Munaf Patel, who was introduced into the attack as late as the 25th over against the West Indies on Sunday, was cool about his new role. “I was absolutely fine with that. If the team management wants to employ the same strategy against Australia, I don’t have any problems with it,” said Munaf.

http://www.theindiadaily.com/my-blood-boils-when-i-play-aussies-harbhajan/

Serious medical condition, should get it checked out.

If India can go in with 3 spinners, they will beat Aussies...

India should open with Zak and Ashwin...

Then Chawla and Bhaji needs to bowl.. In Indian conditions, spinners are tough to play.

Munaf is a big pile of flaming horse **it.. The guy should never ever be selected in the team.. Medium pacers like Munaf will only make India lose the plot and the games.. :facepalm:

If India can go in with 3 spinners, they will beat Aussies...

India should open with Zak and Ashwin...

Then Chawla and Bhaji needs to bowl.. In Indian conditions, spinners are tough to play.

Munaf is a big pile of flaming horse **it.. The guy should never ever be selected in the team.. Medium pacers like Munaf will only make India lose the plot and the games.. :facepalm:

No we should go with 3 seamers. Nehra should OPEN and CLOSE the bowling. Zaheer and Munaf should fill the middle overs.

I'm feelin' it!!

But seriously, I feel our seamers are gonna get whacked tomorrow. The batting will have to live up to its paper potential if we have to win the game tomorrow.

Last edited:
India should take a leaf out of Pak's book and employ 3 spinners..

Even in the practice game, it was Chawla and Bhajji that routed Aussies batsmen when the game was almost lost... :D

Afridi = Ajmal >> Hafeez >> Bhajji + Chawla + Ashwin combined.

always admired Harbhajan's fighting attitude. Wish him the best against Australia - India just needs one match for its bowling unit to click and then they would unstoppable.

If an OZ made a statement like this about Indians , Indians would be crying about racism

Poor translation.

He jokingly said "Khoon garam rahta hai Australia ke against" never said "khoon khaulta hai"

I think his blood generally boils anyway.

Just ask some of his own teamates.

Also New Zealand border control.

When they bowl everything’s out, when they bat it’s not out: Harbhajan Singh slams Australian cricketers

Veteran India off-spinner Harbhajan Singh on Monday addressed the 2001 Test hat-trick controversy and said that Australians are “very bad losers”. In the Eden Garden Test against Australia in 2001, Harbhajan picked up a hat-trick dismissing Ricky Ponting, Adam Gilchrist and Shane Warne in successive deliveries to claim his maiden international hat-trick. Australia posted a mammoth total of 445 on the board, and even though every Indian bowler struggled, Harbhajan returned with 7 wickets in the first innings. In the 2nd innings, the right-arm bowler picked up six wickets and triggered an Aussie collapse that saw India registering a memorable comeback win in Kolkata.

19 years on, the Australians cricketers still dispute the LBW decision that went against Gilchrist. In a tweet last year, Gilchrist had said that he believes he was not out. Earlier this week, Mark Waugh called it the “worst decision of all time”.

Speaking to India off-spinner on his Instagram Live show, ‘ReminiscewithAsh’, Ashwin started talking about Glenn McGrath’s reaction after he was adjudged LBW out. McGrath, being the final nail on the coffin for Australia, was trying to dispute the umpire’s decision.

“It was straight in line, it was going to spin as well. I think if I see that now... with DRS, it would have hit the stumps for sure. But that’s McGrath for you. Australians are... they produced a lot of great players but are very bad losers. When it comes to losing a match from that situation... where they were, it must have given them a hard, hard time,” Harbhajan Singh said.

He further added that Australians always think they are safe when they are batting, and think they have picked up a wicket when they are on the attack. “That’s Australia for you. When they bowl, they feel everything is out. When they are facing it, they feel they are not out. They were not really happy about most of the decision. But this is how the game goes. We may talk about 2008, the Sydney Test, we had a lot of things that went not in our favour. A lot of people talk about that Test as well,” he said.

He further said that people should stop crying about the LBW decision.”These things happen on the field. We have to accept it as a player. We don’t need to keep on crying about it. We now see some people say on Twitter that Gilchrist was not out. So what if he was not out? How many times have I got him out? If not the 1st ball, I could have got him out in the 2nd ball,” he said.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/cric...-cricketers/story-DcEecbbyoaMkTPxzpPsWrN.html

Lol there is no doubt that the decisions in that hatrick were wrong

You can just see the videos. 2 out of
The 3 were clear not outs

So, Australians are bitter about that one dismissal of Gilchrist in 2001 series??

The irony, can we go 6 years forward from Kolkata to Sydney and talk about as many as 7 wrong dismissals given against India costing them that match and the series?

Lol there is no doubt that the decisions in that hatrick were wrong

You can just see the videos. 2 out of
The 3 were clear not outs
I dont think you saw the actual video
Ponting was plumb lbw
Warne was caught.
Only gilly was not out.

I dont think you saw the actual video
Ponting was plumb lbw
Warne was caught.
Only gilly was not out.

Warne was not out.