My mid-range Oblivion - a very brief glance

arre yaaron isme sorry ki kya baat hai? relax!

I didn't buy it yet...but comparing prices, it's available for 62 pounds on another website.

Still looking at options, might buy something in January when more stock comes in at the ICL place in Mississauga. I had a discussion with one of my former team mates and he was saying there's no point buying an expensive bat because the balls used in canada are crap and will ruin the bat. That and i'm being a cheapo :)

Despite I agree with your friend on balls but the ones used here are not that bad, they are still four-piece obviously not as good as Kookaburra ones but still they are good enough.

Now I'm not sure if he is talking about ICL tournament where they used yellow indoor balls which are very hard and bat damaging.

Which league do you play in ? EDCL?

he's talking about balls in general....and i don't want to buy a $300 bat and have it break or something.

I play in the BCL (Brampton), but looking to switch into EDCL. What about yourself?

he's talking about balls in general....and i don't want to buy a $300 bat and have it break or something.

I play in the BCL (Brampton), but looking to switch into EDCL. What about yourself?

As I said they are not the best quality balls but they are not the worst ones or ones that will break your bat. How you prepare the bat matters a lot, if its unprepared then a bat will break even against Dukes or Kookaburra balls.

Ah okay, I have been playing in EDCL since 2009, InshAllah will be playing in TnD and EDCL in 2012.

Last edited:
Which GM 808 bhai? Despite 1885 felt good I won't suggest you buy that because it won't suit out game style in order to use a traditional shape bat you have to be very technical.

Was GM 808 Orange(Epic), Yellow(Halo), Red(Flare) or Black(Icon)?

I have seen the piece you're talking about, it is 808 and has around 7ish grains and it is very nice and picks up amazingly well.

How is your game style? Slogging, drives etc etc

like to get on the front foot and drive man....don't slog at all. Get my runs usually in ones and twos for the last two seasons, but looking to change back to my original style which is to be more aggressive. Of course that doesn't mean slogging....but i used to drive very well straight down the ground.

My biggest strength is probably in front of the wicket, driving on the up isn't a problem. My biggest weakness is the cut shot behind square, a tendency to camp on the front foot and not getting back in time to play the horizontal bat shots, and footwork to the spinners. Glaring holes in my resume which i'm looking to fix up.

Is it worth $269 you think, or is there a better bat you can reccomend? That's hitting the max price range for me!

ICL cricket, by khan sports, has SS bats that are cheaper, but they feel clunkier.

It is somewhat worth it but it will be Grade 2 opposed to Gray Nicolls Oblivion LE/Carbo which is extra $50 but you'll get Grade 1 in that.

Didn't you like Flare or Icon instead of this? I'm not saying you are nor I'm having a dig at you but yaar I doubt an aggressive player can play with this, I mean if I were to give Umar Akmal 1885 I doubt he would be able to score runs, this is just not the type of bat that would suit his playing style.

I haven't been to ICL Cricket but I would definitely say go for GM because that SS will be most likely over priced.

As far comparing the prices to UK is concerned I'd say its not good thing to compare North America/Canada prices with UK because if you were to buy from UK you'd add shipping and handling and custom charges as well..

It is somewhat worth it but it will be Grade 2 opposed to Gray Nicolls Oblivion LE/Carbo which is extra $50 but you'll get Grade 1 in that.

Didn't you like Flare or Icon instead of this? I'm not saying you are nor I'm having a dig at you but yaar I doubt an aggressive player can play with this, I mean if I were to give Umar Akmal 1885 I doubt he would be able to score runs, this is just not the type of bat that would suit his playing style.

I haven't been to ICL Cricket but I would definitely say go for GM because that SS will be most likely over priced.

As far comparing the prices to UK is concerned I'd say its not good thing to compare North America/Canada prices with UK because if you were to buy from UK you'd add shipping and handling and custom charges as well..

Arre no offense taken yaar, your helping me out tonnes! Is there a big difference between Grade 2 and 1?

And I did like the Flare and Icon...but they are $350 if i remember correctly.

And thanks for the tip for UK, that makes sense

Arre no offense taken yaar, your helping me out tonnes! Is there a big difference between Grade 2 and 1?

And I did like the Flare and Icon...but they are $350 if i remember correctly.

And thanks for the tip for UK, that makes sense

Chalo thats good to hear :)

Actually willow ka difference hai thats it.

I won't say there is a big difference between Grade 2 or Grade 1 to be honest, I have Grade 3/4 which plays as good as my Grade 1s if not better.

He didn't have Icon or Flare in 808 model?

How about this one
http://www.prodirectcricket.com/Pro...ricket-Bat-Natural-Finish-Infrared-24084.aspx

If u get this in medium weight, the profile looks promising.
Its coming for 190$ including shipping

That looks good to be honest, Knightrider rates Adidas very high and I think that is great bat for its value.

Adidas bats have stunning looks and very nice pick up and balance; recently due to a mixture of events I had the good fortune of trying the Libro, the Incurza and the Pellara. The Libro is just too thin and I simply did not like it. The Incurza was good. The Pellara was the best. Now if you are getting a good deal like the above you can try one out but without a good deal there is no point in spending 500 dollars on an Elite model which you have not held in your hands in the first place. My honest little opinion.

adidas looks great...but i'll never buy a bat without feeling it first! thanks though

The bat is softly pressed overall which means the ball response is really good. The toe could have been pressed better in my honest opinion. It feels more like a South Asian bat with its performance from get-go.

Back