My mid-range Oblivion - a very brief glance

zeusky

Tape Ball Star
Runs
Gentlemen:
Here is the promised review of my new Oblivion 4 Star and also an observation on the whole bat buying experience from cricketstoreonline.
First, I need to clarify my choice of the bat: as some of you might be aware I already had Nitro, Evo and Powerblade. The only one missing in action was the Oblivion.
My choice of the grade is quite typical of me; I have always thought that anyone can get and suggest a good bat for 400 bucks but it is the mid-range model when chosen carefully which will provide you with the best value. The problem with buying online (if you have seen my previous posts on the Slaz) is that you never know what you will get. I am in the USA and unfortunately it is really difficult to get people like Michael, Asadbhai or Basharatbhai who will take time out of their busy schedule and hand pick a bat for you. How many times have we asked for one with a particular weight and profile and handle and edges and pickup and the works and have been disappointed in the end? A few times to say the least.
If you have read my thread on the ‘recommended cricket store’, Jason had been taking quite a beating from the majority of the forum contributors, including me and CD.
So I decided to try him out. I contacted him and told him my specifications:
Low-mid range bat, 10 grains, 2.8-2.10 in weight, good pick up, thick edges, and should look good for the grade. After some discussion we decided on the Oblivion.
He took about a couple of days and sent me a few pictures. I had told him that though looks matter, but since I am not going for a L.E or custom made model, even a half-decent look and more importantly a pleasant profile and performance are the ingredients I am looking for in this deal.
So Jason sent me this one.
Model: Oblivion 4 Star

Grade: Grade 3 Willow

Grains-12-13

Weight: Sticker says 2.7 but my machine says 2.88—well within my weight requirement.

Edges: 35mm

Spine: 67-68 mm

Pick up: Quite decent for the low sweetpot; overall, I feel my Nitro and Powerbow still have better pick ups. But the Oblivion has a better pick up than the Slazenger Powerblade;

Ping: Very good response with the mallet and the old ball. I still need to take it out in the middle, before which no review can ever be complete. But the response with the mallet and the old ball is much better than my Evo, Slazenger V200 and at par with my Nitro Carbo;

Handle: Oval at the bottom; much thicker than the average Indian and Pakistani bats.

Value:

Excellent; I paid 200 dollars for the bat (Jason gave me a discount of 9 bucks). As I have said elsewhere, buying any cricket bat ultimately comes down to the value and for a 200 dollar bat this one looks, feels and performs (from what little I have seen) awesome.

The pictures:
1st set: close up of the oblivion
2nd set: Comparing the Oblivion with some other models
Again, sorry for the clumsy shots; my camera is really bad and it is only at night I am having the time to do all these. I need to get my Rebel back from my friend :)

Inference:

1. Do not buy a bat online before exchanging opinions and suggestions from the retailer; remember, he is in the best position to judge bats as he is always looking at them and handling them and can compare and contrast a lot of bats simultaneously.

2. If you pick the right bat you can save hundreds of dollars unless you like expensive bats per se; there is no harm in that of course; if I could afford the L.Es I probably would keep going for those only.

3. Jason at cricketstoreonline has the right to earn our business if he promises to choose our bats the way he did with mine; we know and appreciate the fact that it takes time to do this but if he can continue doing this he will definitely be crossing a lot of rivers of customer appreciation. We know that cricket retailing is not just a marketing hype which he does better than anyone, but also knowing one’s own stock inside out. We have come to expect that from the shops we have been dealing with whether it be Uzi or Sialkot or OnlineStockist ; so if cricketstoreonline can deliver like this consistently we would have for ourselves another reputable and trusted source of cricket equipments. I have really been impressed by the sagacity he has displayed in coming to this forum and to some other ones in an effort to reach out to his customers.

Attachments

• IMG_9707.JPG
    IMG_9707.JPG
    206.8 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_9710.JPG
    IMG_9710.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_9711.JPG
    IMG_9711.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_9712.JPG
    IMG_9712.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_9713.JPG
    IMG_9713.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Some more shots:

Attachments

• IMG_9714.JPG
    IMG_9714.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_9715.JPG
    IMG_9715.JPG
    162.7 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_9716.JPG
    IMG_9716.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 336
A comparison with some of my other bats:
Weight of Hero-2.9
Nitro carbo-2.9
PW Atomic- 2.8

Attachments

• IMG_9717.JPG
    IMG_9717.JPG
    189 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_9718.JPG
    IMG_9718.JPG
    187.2 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_9720.JPG
    IMG_9720.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_9721.JPG
    IMG_9721.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_9722.JPG
    IMG_9722.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
A few more:

Attachments

• IMG_9723.JPG
    IMG_9723.JPG
    205.1 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_9724.JPG
    IMG_9724.JPG
    214.7 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_9725.JPG
    IMG_9725.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_9726.JPG
    IMG_9726.JPG
    212.4 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_9727.JPG
    IMG_9727.JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 361
The last few:

Attachments

• IMG_9728.JPG
    IMG_9728.JPG
    210.2 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_9729.JPG
    IMG_9729.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_9730.JPG
    IMG_9730.JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_9731.JPG
    IMG_9731.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_9732.JPG
    IMG_9732.JPG
    221.3 KB · Views: 296
OK--these are the last two I promise:

Attachments

• IMG_9733.JPG
    IMG_9733.JPG
    209.5 KB · Views: 317
  • IMG_9734.JPG
    IMG_9734.JPG
    215.6 KB · Views: 333
Sorry again for the long harangue and the poor pics; it has just been a long day.

3. Jason at cricketstoreonline has the right to earn our business if he promises to choose our bats the way he did with mine; we know and appreciate the fact that it takes time to do this but if he can continue doing this he will definitely be crossing a lot of rivers of customer appreciation. We know that cricket retailing is not just a marketing hype which he does better than anyone, but also knowing one’s own stock inside out. We have come to expect that from the shops we have been dealing with whether it be Uzi or Sialkot or OnlineStockist ; so if cricketstoreonline can deliver like this consistently we would have for ourselves another reputable and trusted source of cricket equipments. I have really been impressed by the sagacity he has displayed in coming to this forum and to some other ones in an effort to reach out to his customers.

Let's not set unreasonable expectations of retailers now. By saying that Jason has the right to earn everyone's business if he does for them what he does for you is an unfair statement. He went out of his way for you but that doesn't obligate him to take such measures for everyone. At the end of the day, he's done you a favour by handpicking a bat and taking photos etc. and I'm sure his intentions were such that he would garner a little bit of goodwill within the community by doing do. I'm sure his intentions were not that you try and redefine his level of service and build expectations of this level of service when dealing with the community at large.

Not sure if you've been over to Jason's Facebook page but there's no shortage of time wasters who would happily ask for photos of every bat in the catalogue and purchase nothing. Now I'm sure you're not such an individual but you're egging on the ones who are with this statement. Jason has already said he has far from enough time to respond to emails, take calls, ship order and on top of it all, make videos.

The reality of the matter is such that you've bashed CricketStoreOnline (and CricTech too for that matter) without warrant and without having tried to address your issues with them first. Jason's an awfully nice guy to do this for you and I'm sure he would appreciate the right to set his own service standards.

Let's not set unreasonable expectations of retailers now. By saying that Jason has the right to earn everyone's business if he does for them what he does for you is an unfair statement. He went out of his way for you but that doesn't obligate him to take such measures for everyone. At the end of the day, he's done you a favour by handpicking a bat and taking photos etc. and I'm sure his intentions were such that he would garner a little bit of goodwill within the community by doing do. I'm sure his intentions were not that you try and redefine his level of service and build expectations of this level of service when dealing with the community at large.

Not sure if you've been over to Jason's Facebook page but there's no shortage of time wasters who would happily ask for photos of every bat in the catalogue and purchase nothing. Now I'm sure you're not such an individual but you're egging on the ones who are with this statement. Jason has already said he has far from enough time to respond to emails, take calls, ship order and on top of it all, make videos.

The reality of the matter is such that you've bashed CricketStoreOnline (and CricTech too for that matter) without warrant and without having tried to address your issues with them first. Jason's an awfully nice guy to do this for you and I'm sure he would appreciate the right to set his own service standards.

Hey Shirazi, thanks for your comment; I totally agree with you about those individuals who just waste time of the retailers--they are a nuisance no doubt. I made this thread so that people know that they can trust Jason; and could you please let me know where I have 'bashed' him? I hope you know him personally as you can ask him about me. Also, I did a lot of investigation on crictech and vindico and I cannot share all those publicly unfortunately. But people who need to know the information, know. Jason has the right to set his own service standards but were not the forum members clamoring for a improvement in that? I have made my views clear and I thank you again for showing the 'other' side which is a valuable insight as well and the customers should realize that.

Hey Shirazi, thanks for your comment; I totally agree with you about those individuals who just waste time of the retailers--they are a nuisance no doubt. I made this thread so that people know that they can trust Jason; and could you please let me know where I have 'bashed' him? I hope you know him personally as you can ask him about me. Also, I did a lot of investigation on crictech and vindico and I cannot share all those publicly unfortunately. But people who need to know the information, know. Jason has the right to set his own service standards but were not the forum members clamoring for a improvement in that? I have made my views clear and I thank you again for showing the 'other' side which is a valuable insight as well and the customers should realize that.

I guess I got the idea that you were bashing him from your own statement......

If you have read my thread on the ‘recommended cricket store’, Jason had been taking quite a beating from the majority of the forum contributors, including me and CD.

As for your "research" into Vindico and CricTech, I'm sure you had fun playing detective but it all seemed a bit silly when Richard came about and asked why you didn't just ask him for whatever you needed in the first place.

If you've got something incriminating on either of these two companies, spill it. If there really is something wrong, doesn't everyone deserve to know? I suspect however you'll stay quiet as both CricTech and Vindico haven't done anything wrong and don't deserve the scrutiny they're coming under from you.

Oh, and don't drag Uzair's name into this to validate your claim about "beating" him. Speak for yourself and let others do the same.

Last edited:
He went out of his way for you but that doesn't obligate him to take such measures for everyone. At the end of the day, he's done you a favour by handpicking a bat and taking photos etc. and I'm sure his intentions were such that he would garner a little bit of goodwill within the community by doing do. I'm sure his intentions were not that you try and redefine his level of service and build expectations of this level of service when dealing with the community at large.

Also, just to add a little note: of course he will try to garner customer support and attention; you would have done the same in his position. I wrote this for the forum members so that tomorrow when someone goes and introduces himself as a Pakpassion member he will get the attention that he wants. Now I again agree on the part about being a good customer---you want good service from any retailer, you need to be a sensible and logical customer yourself.

I guess I got the idea that you were bashing him from your own statement......

As for your "research" into Vindico and CricTech, I'm sure you had fun playing detective but it all seemed a bit silly when Richard came about and asked why you didn't just ask him for whatever you needed in the first place.

If you've got something incriminating on either of these two companies, spill it. If there really is something wrong, doesn't everyone deserve to know? I suspect however you'll stay quiet as both CricTech and Vindico haven't done anything wrong and don't deserve the scrutiny they're coming under from you.

Oh, and don't drag Uzair's name into this to validate your claim about "beating" him. Speak for yourself and let others do the same.

Chill man, why are you getting so aggressive? I never said crictech and vindico did anything wrong---- did I? I have spoken to the Vindico people--have you? Richard's statements are still quite nebulous and we still do not know where and who are making their bats. I am seriously interested to know the reason behind the predilection towards this animosity.

Wow! :O

I'm impressed with this 4 Star bat, when I say this I really mean it. I see a lot of Gray Nicolls mid range bat and till date this has been best looking one really. Impressive stuff! :14:

What I really love about Oblivion is the pick-up since it has low swell position the pick-up is extremely good for that. When I first held an Oblivion in a shop I fell in love with it straight away and I then ordered it which took ages :)) but the bat I got was beyond my expectations.

Good bat mate! I hope you score tons of runs with it.

Did you oil it or Jason oiled it for you?

zeusky bro that Slazenger V200 looks good, which one is that? Lately I have heard good things about them but have never seen or felt one yet.

I just put one tiny coat of oil on the back; it has a polycoat on the blade so no chance to oil the blade; yes, I have been really impressed with Jason's service. Don't worry, I am calm but was just wondering why Shirazi seemed so peeved :)

I just put one tiny coat of oil on the back; it has a polycoat on the blade so no chance to oil the blade; yes, I have been really impressed with Jason's service. Don't worry, I am calm but was just wondering why Shirazi seemed so peeved :)

Ah okay.

Chalo lets put that matter to rest actually :)

The V200 is really nice; handpicked during my visit to England in September-picks up really well and is only 2.89.

Wow! :O

I'm impressed with this 4 Star bat, when I say this I really mean it. I see a lot of Gray Nicolls mid range bat and till date this has been best looking one really. Impressive stuff! :14:

What I really love about Oblivion is the pick-up since it has low swell position the pick-up is extremely good for that. When I first held an Oblivion in a shop I fell in love with it straight away and I then ordered it which took ages :)) but the bat I got was beyond my expectations.

Good bat mate! I hope you score tons of runs with it.

Did you oil it or Jason oiled it for you?

Thanks for the nice words CD; coming from you it means a lot :)

Also, don't you dare post pictures of your Oblivion custom in this thread :))

The V200 is really nice; handpicked during my visit to England in September-picks up really well and is only 2.89.

Review please?

HAHA LOL :)))

You have been posting a review each day LOL

Thanks for the nice words CD; coming from you it means a lot :)

Also, don't you dare post pictures of your Oblivion custom in this thread :))

LOL obviously no brother :)

Not sure if I told you but I reate Gray Nicolls low end bats in particular very high.

My Oblivion's handle is not very thick as you are suggesting yours is...

Yes, I have been very impressed with my club's Xiphos 4 star as well; when it hits the sweetspot you just don't feel the ball's impact at all.

But one thing I must tell you, these bats do take time to open up. My 3 Star took like a season to open up but again my bats are probably knocked 5-10 minutes by mallet only.

I think the pressing on these bats have changed in the last few years so hopefully the opening up process will not be too prolonged. But I do know that the Slaz take longer to open up.

When I ordered Screaming Cat I was talking about pressing with Julian and what he said was that decades or so ago English bats were soft pressed compared to what they are pressed today. So he said today English bats are hard pressed because of cheap quality used in English balls as they are harder.

So what English bats are today was completely opposite to what they were in past.

So you did buy it; will be looking forward to an elaborate review once you get it bro.

Yes, ordered on 3rd, payment got cleared today [10th].

InshAllah, will definitely review once I get it..

Look at me -- was thinking about clearing stock so that I could buy a handmade one but have done exactly the opposite :))

That way all of them are supposedly handmade; even my CA says handmade; but I had some other stuff in my mind actually and you know that :))

I see your point but these are made by hand.

In UK, India etc where Gray NIcolls bats are made they are hand made, Gray Nicolls does not have a CNC machine yet like Newbery, GM etc

I know which one is on your mind mere bhai, I am fully aware of it :))

Newbery has CNC, i thought TK made the newbery bats?

I know GM bats are made on CNC.

as for this thread is concerned, thanks very much for the kind words people and yes i did pick out a good one for Zeusky. This is the situation however. I will do my best every day to pick out good bats for every customer that comes to my site. the fact of the matter is however we are not like the UK where shop owners have options as far as bat selection is concerned. We get what we get over here and have to sell every one of them. the bats i have on sale at the moment are older stock that i have been unable to sell. one or two of these bats are very good ( kinda like Sports Direct ) but the others are bottom of the barrel. the reason these are still in my store is mostly because they are the heavy ones. they certainly might play very well but some dont look good. almost like being graded on performance rather than looks.

the same goes for all our bats here in the USA, i will pick out the good ones first but sooner or later i have to get to the bottom of the barrel and not every bat i send out is going to look as good as this one i sent to zeusky. also i ask people to NOT ask me for pictures of every bat, also if you start asking me for moisture content reading the answer is going to be NO. this is a novelty item and wont be used on every bat. the fact is all bats i get need to be sold. i cant send them back to GN as say, sorry i dont like this one because it has a knot or because i think its to dry.

i do my best every day and if you want to buy a bat, now is the best time as its not to busy. if you start asking me for pictures during cricket season, the answer will once again be NO, as i wont have the time and unfortunately that will anger some people but some times you have to say, hey thats life. you cant please everyone.

so thanks once again to zeusky for a good review, i had no say or input into what he said in it but glad he is happy. like i said, the perfect sale for me is a person i never talk to and they just place the order, but am more than happy to interact with people if they so wish as i sit behind my computer most of the day or pack boxes in my store room so dont mind chatting to people on the phone every now and then.

hope this sits well with everyone. but if it doesnt, hey thats life....

Nope, he just presses them.

Do you think Tim Keeley alone would be able to make so many bats? Its impossible, they are made on CNC

no, but would expect him to have a team of guys like i suspect Laver like to tell people his operation is very small and personal, however i expect he is bigger than he lets off. there are a lot of people around the world using lavers every weekend and will be very impressed if he himself made every single one of them. not saying he isnt but would then expect him to be working round the clock. eg. someone in chicago got a bulk order for him and ordered 15 bats and was delivered in 5 weeks. thats the same time he takes to make 3 bats and also 1 bat, so im just saying.

no, but would expect him to have a team of guys like i suspect Laver like to tell people his operation is very small and personal, however i expect he is bigger than he lets off. there are a lot of people around the world using lavers every weekend and will be very impressed if he himself made every single one of them. not saying he isnt but would then expect him to be working round the clock. eg. someone in chicago got a bulk order for him and ordered 15 bats and was delivered in 5 weeks. thats the same time he takes to make 3 bats and also 1 bat, so im just saying.

You have a valid point and I agree with you. James in his interview with PakPassion said it takes him 4 hours to make one bat! That is a lot of time really!

Lavers now have gotten very common as you are said.

Newbery has CNC, i thought TK made the newbery bats?

I know GM bats are made on CNC.

as for this thread is concerned, thanks very much for the kind words people and yes i did pick out a good one for Zeusky. This is the situation however. I will do my best every day to pick out good bats for every customer that comes to my site. the fact of the matter is however we are not like the UK where shop owners have options as far as bat selection is concerned. We get what we get over here and have to sell every one of them. the bats i have on sale at the moment are older stock that i have been unable to sell. one or two of these bats are very good ( kinda like Sports Direct ) but the others are bottom of the barrel. the reason these are still in my store is mostly because they are the heavy ones. they certainly might play very well but some dont look good. almost like being graded on performance rather than looks.

the same goes for all our bats here in the USA, i will pick out the good ones first but sooner or later i have to get to the bottom of the barrel and not every bat i send out is going to look as good as this one i sent to zeusky. also i ask people to NOT ask me for pictures of every bat, also if you start asking me for moisture content reading the answer is going to be NO. this is a novelty item and wont be used on every bat. the fact is all bats i get need to be sold. i cant send them back to GN as say, sorry i dont like this one because it has a knot or because i think its to dry.

i do my best every day and if you want to buy a bat, now is the best time as its not to busy. if you start asking me for pictures during cricket season, the answer will once again be NO, as i wont have the time and unfortunately that will anger some people but some times you have to say, hey thats life. you cant please everyone.

so thanks once again to zeusky for a good review, i had no say or input into what he said in it but glad he is happy. like i said, the perfect sale for me is a person i never talk to and they just place the order, but am more than happy to interact with people if they so wish as i sit behind my computer most of the day or pack boxes in my store room so dont mind chatting to people on the phone every now and then.

hope this sits well with everyone. but if it doesnt, hey thats life....

Good one Jason; at least now we are sure that your service overall is legit and that you are here to stay. Appreciate it.

Nope, he just presses them.

Do you think Tim Keeley alone would be able to make so many bats? Its impossible, they are made on CNC

I need to bolster my arsenal with a mid-range Newberry; that is one bat I have never had but have used a few times thanks to a few kind souls.

I need to bolster my arsenal with a mid-range Newberry; that is one bat I have never had but have used a few times thanks to a few kind souls.

I have Newbery Krakatoa Players which is mid-range, its very good.

I bought mine from Asad Bhai, his Players are as good as SPS.

I have Newbery Krakatoa Players which is mid-range, its very good.

I bought mine from Asad Bhai, his Players are as good as SPS.

Your Newbery is a killer. What is the main range big company bat which you don't have but would really like to have?

Your Newbery is a killer. What is the main range big company bat which you don't have but would really like to have?

Hmm it would be Adidas and Slazenger. But I don't like Adidas so it remains with Slazenger.

But I also like Gray Nicolls Australia = e41 and Meulemans models.

Thats it.

If you talk for brands then Redback Paradox (and Warsop Venom) but then it is pressed by TK so I'm not really interested to invest in that.

I second that; my impression of Slaz is that the old school syndrome of opening up slowly still exists for them. V200 feels really good at least to me.

i will be getting in a few NB Tour bats at the beginning of next season.

Haha :))

I will be seeing one very very soon, let's see how I like it :))

By the way, is the sweetspot low on V200?

It is lower than the V100 but the pick up is just so beautiful at least according to me. It does not have massive edges or anything but looks and feels neat if you know what I mean. Overall the feeling is much better than holding an Oblivion and is at par, nearly, with an Icon.

Also, no anti-scuff sheet on the blade which means I can oil and prepare the bat myself--something which I prefer personally.

Wow that's surprising to hear, I didn't rate Slazenger bats very high so it is surprising to hear actually.

How is the handle? Thicker or thinner than GM, GN etc?

Do you think sWeetspot is as low as Oblivion and if I'm correct it doesn't have much of concavineither, correct?

I'm always nervous when it comes to oiling to be honest

Oh! I love oiling; in fact I like it so much that I have volunteered to oil and knock in my friends' bats many times. No the sweetspot is not concentrated so near the bottom as an Oblivion or Xiphos but is extended to the bottom--see the pictures. Like I said it does not have the huge edges that we see nowadays; but mine is fairly lightweight about 2.8 but the feel is beautiful. Handle is oval and is thick but comfortable; like a GN for example or a GM 909 and up.

GM Original LE handles are too thin, I don't like them much. I like thick oval like M&H....but after double gripping I make it thick but still it does not come out as good as M&H.

LOL I always freak out and am scared of the fact I might over-oil it :))

Knocking I hate it (thanks for reminding I need to buy a mallet :)) )

I don't care about edges really used to think they make a difference but after experience I would say its BS.

I forgot to mention about the concaving---yes the back is quite concaved and I guess you don't like concaving right? It somehow makes this one look handsome.

So what is your theory about edges? Could you please elaborate; I am quite interested to know.

I don't like heavly concaved bats as it gives you bigger edges and limited sweetspot.

When you have bigger edges your sweetspot is limited because it is not long enough however it is very wide but not long. If you see a non-cancaved bat it will have much smaller edges whereas the sweetspot will be longer and run a large way but it won't be as wide as thick edges blade.

So that's my theory, again big edges do have pro and cons.

If I can I will upload some pics of the back and the profile of the V200.

I personally do not care about edges so much myself--- it is the balance, pick up and the sweetspot that matter to me the most. Always wanted to play with a Purist, never had a chance.

That would be great actually, I appreciate it :)

For me what is most important is pickup, balance then other things are followed.

Sadly in past edges were my number one priority but I still prefer a bigger profile which doesn't mean big edges.

Doesn't Purist look tad like Icon'

GM-Purist-II-2008-Bat.jpg

This is the Purist II; I was referring to The Purist; maybe Apex? Purist too had a lower sweetspot but no substantial curve in the blade.

Not in the stores; but if you speak to the stockists personally they might have one or two left in their stash; actually found one here and one in the UK.

No man; no more bats before I clear my stock; but quite enticing still; dry as a desert or as delectable as a hot dessert? hard choice bro :))

Haha LOL :))

It is very very very hard to control yourself back man.

Lately I have been holding myself back from Scoop and MMi3, want to try both out :)) :facepalm: .

The thing is that no matter even if you oil the bat the performance won't be there because of its internal dryness.

It depends on the surrounding and bat, if the conditions are very very dry and bat is Asian [which are a bit drier than English bats] then maybe 12-24 months I would say.

Thats why a bat should be oiled before and after winter, oil prevents the willow and timber from getting dry hence the playing ability is not lost.

So according to your calculation a 2 year old Purist stored in the great vault of BSG in Brooklyn still has a chance to be in a playable condition. The only problem is my wallet needs to be oiled and knocked it properly before I do something like that, again.

Haha it is hard to tell sitting on a computer eally it is a gamble to be honest.

Personally I wouldn't do that..

Just noticed one thing: my short handle bats are of different lengths; in fact the Oblivion is the longest of the lot while the CA is the shortest; will give a detailed measurements sometime later today.

Here are the measurements in cm:

GM Hero: 55.4 ; 83.4 (Handle, full length)

Oblivion: 56.1; 84.6

CA 10000: 55.5; 83.5

Slaz Powerblade: 84.4

GN Powerbow: 84.7

Found this to be quite interesting and hence thought I would share this. What do you guys make of it?

Interesting.

Does full length includes handle ? Also when measuring were you doing from top of handle (center) till center of toe (bottom)?

Yes, full length includes handle; I concentrated mainly on the entire length as it is difficult sometimes to differentiate the exact point demarcating the handle and the blade when there are already grips applied to the handle. I measured from the side of the top of the handle to the side of the toe, throughout the length of the blade. Also, all these are SH bats adult size.

Ah okay make sense.

Whilst I appreciate your efforts but I don't think side would be better way of measuring because each make have different toe shape some are rounder from edges while some are squareish.

Hope that made sense :S

No, you misunderstood me man; not from the side of the bat but from top side of the handle, straight through the blade and till the toe--center to center like you said but not from the center of the top and the center of the toe as that would not give the right results.

So basically make the top of the handle point A and then draw a perpendicular line straight down to the toe (point B) with the blade in the middle.

Back