'Never ever put me in a position where I have to show you how cruel and ruthless I can be': Shaheen Shah Afridi's message in his Instagram story

I think it's common sense.
If by common sense you mean a fantasy created with no evidence by people who already dislike Babar, then sure.

All of the reputable sources which have been reporting on this situation have said many times that Babar and Shaheen’s relationship is just fine.

This is a msg for PCB and not babar.

But PCB is now under the direct wing of establishment. Sorry but Shaheen is nothing infront of the establishment. If the establishment wants, they can end Shaheens career
As they should. We owe a lot to our establishment and any bs should not be tolerated against them by illiterate 22 year olds with influence

One thing in post 2010 Pak was unity in dressing room, absence of groupings.

Now the team has gone into the 90s and 2000s phases when groupings were common. Had Babar refused captaincy and publicly backed Shaheen, he would have been hailed as a good leader.
It’s because Misbah was the captain. It was literally our best team since Imran. What thorough gentlemen and what a great record we had in Tests. It’s a pity this forum has become invested with Misbah haters who have forgotten his services.

It’s because Misbah was the captain. It was literally our best team since Imran. What thorough gentlemen and what a great record we had in Tests. It’s a pity this forum has become invested with Misbah haters who have forgotten his services.

How many series wins in OZ and England under Misbah?

How many series wins in OZ and England under Misbah?
How many series wins in OZ and England full stop? At least we drew in England and won everything we played at home. Shan Masood gives me hope now but everything else we’ve had so far has been absolute rubbish.

How many of our captains have ever won in Australia? We haven’t even won a Test series in England since 1996 and our last draw was in 2001 before Misbah drew in England in 2016.
You can’t convince the Misbah haters in this forum. It’s like they’ve got blindfolds on. The way he led the side and the context of how he became captain - you could literally not expect anything more from the guy.

Now both PCB and Babar will remain confused on whom Shaheen was pointing lol

aik teer say do shikar.

You can’t convince the Misbah haters in this forum. It’s like they’ve got blindfolds on. The way he led the side and the context of how he became captain - you could literally not expect anything more from the guy.
People often times forgot how bad our team was at certain points. There was a point where you could cause an entire collapse in our side by just bowling a few short balls.

I don’t think Misbah was the greatest captain ever or anything like that, but he led our Pakistan Test team well. He made the UAE a fortress and that tour in England is a great memory. The year before our series in England, India, who had a much stronger team, got absolutely destroyed. Him hitting a century and doing push up at Lord’s is a great memory.

People often times forgot how bad our team was at certain points. There was a point where you could cause an entire collapse in our side by just bowling a few short balls.

I don’t think Misbah was the greatest captain ever or anything like that, but he led our Pakistan Test team well. He made the UAE a fortress and that tour in England is a great memory. The year before our series in England, India, who had a much stronger team, got absolutely destroyed. Him hitting a century and doing push up at Lord’s is a great memory.
His ability to get the best out of mediocre players stands out for me. Just look at the career trajectories of a few cricketers before and after Misbah: Yasir Shah, Azhar Ali, Zulfi Babar, Asad Shafique, Junaid Khan, Rahat Ali, Sarfraz the batter, Saeed Ajmal … the list goes on.

If by common sense you mean a fantasy created with no evidence by people who already dislike Babar, then sure.

All of the reputable sources which have been reporting on this situation have said many times that Babar and Shaheen’s relationship is just fine.

Babar has backstabbed Shaheen and you think/pretend that the "relationship is just fine".

The lengths that Babar's fans will go to defend the indefensible never ceases to amaze me.

What they did to SSA was wrong. I always knew the "sochna hi mana hai" was going to come back and haunt him someday. Just goes to show how he was manipulated when he was made to put that up on his social media accounts, during Babar's failed captaincy stint.

Babar has backstabbed Shaheen and you think/pretend that the "relationship is just fine".

The lengths that Babar's fans will go to defend the indefensible never ceases to amaze me.
You made up a claim with zero evidence. Shaheen posted a picture on his story of him with Babar just today and all the reporting has said their relationship is just fine.

Shaheen and Babar are still friends. Facts matter more than made up fantasies about interpersonal relationships

Last edited by a moderator:
What they did to SSA was wrong. I always knew the "sochna hi mana hai" was going to come back and haunt him someday. Just goes to show how he was manipulated when he was made to put that up on his social media accounts, during Babar's failed captaincy stint.
Why is he so easy to manipulate?

Why is he so easy to manipulate?
He’s not actually easy to manipulate, they just say this so they can try to portray Babar as some kind of evil mastermind working behind the scenes.

The issue for them is Shaheen is also a Babar fan and close friend. Once they realize this, they’ll also turn against Shaheen.

I think it was meant for PCB and not for Babar. I think they are good friends and have mutual respect for each other. All these rumors like backstabbed and etc etc are not true until proven true. We as a fan can only guess what is happening but reality can sometimes take a 360-degree turn. You never know.

On this day, the guy who is known for " you cannot play him" was born.

113 wickets in 29 Tests at an average of 26.71

104 wickets in 53 ODIs at an average of 23.94

73 wickets in 57 T20Is at an average of 22.30

Happy Birthday to the Pace sensation of Pakistan. Shaheen Shah Afridi.

Shaheen has been an all-format beast since his debut.

----------------

Most international wickets since Shaheen Shah Afridi's debut:

Mitchell Starc – 315 wickets in 133 matches
Pat Cummins - 314 wickets in 131 matches
Tim Southee - 300 wickets in 149 matches
Shaheen Shah Afridi - 290 wickets in 139 matches

I take it you have spoken in person to Shaheen about this?

Remember 'fantasy' opinions go both ways, Babar or Anti-Babar.

No. Shaheen was rightly appointed the captain

Those who say he wasn’t are the ones being stupid
Why would you want him to captain in t20i. He is your most precious bowler and there is no point playing him in useless bilaterals. I'd rather he best test Captain if Anything

Shaheen's Instagram story posted 2 hours ago. Mashallah
Shaheen, Shadab, Rizwan and Babar. These guys have held the team together strong thus far. I hope they can put off the friction created by PCB behind and focus on the World Cup now.

I want this Shaheen back. Just look at those lethal yorkers!

btw happy birthday champ

As per reports, the left-arm pacer, who is celebrating his twenty-fourth birthday today, left the camp following his removal from the T20I captaincy. The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) officials have clarified that Afridi departed with formal permission and not out of anger. Shaheen will join the team later at the iftar dinner, which is being hosted by General Asim Munir, the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), on April 8th.

As per reports, the left-arm pacer, who is celebrating his twenty-fourth birthday today, left the camp following his removal from the T20I captaincy. The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) officials have clarified that Afridi departed with formal permission and not out of anger. Shaheen will join the team later at the iftar dinner, which is being hosted by General Asim Munir, the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), on April 8th.
It seems that some news reports are trying to create news instead of reporting it, even though Mohammad Rizwan and Sahibzada Farhan have left.

Shaheen is a such a good boy. Clearly not a divisive figure, so loyal to his friends and a dedicated servant of Pak cricket. Alongwith Rizwan and Babar he truly forms the core of the side. Wish him all the success in cricket and life

Shaheen probably feels like a rogue Lion that attacks his own pride members.

Misdirected anger.

He is shown us now rutless he can be....when he promotes himslef above Sikander Raza and Wiese :ROFLMAO:

He should never been made captain but once he was, he should have been given the WC. The PCB and the clowns that run this pathetic show for the last year need be banned for life from the PCB and any govt organisation

I kept warning about Zaka for years. They just don't learn from their past mistakes.

Saw on social media that Shaheen Afridi has left the camp and gone home: Is this true??

Wait for New York. He will at least get two of top 3 Indian batters. If not then Amir will get it. If not then Naseem.
I hope so what you are saying proves right but as far as his recent form is concerned he is no doing as well as we expect him to do. Hope he brings his A-game I the upcoming matches and win us something worth mentioning.

Saw on social media that Shaheen Afridi has left the camp and gone home: Is this true??
It seems that some news reports are trying to create news instead of reporting it, even though Mohammad Rizwan and Sahibzada Farhan have left.
Mentioned above posts for your reference.

It is true but the things are not like what the media is trying to portray here. He left the camp with few others. Nothing controversial here TBH.

Mentioned above posts for your reference.

It is true but the things are not like what the media is trying to portray here. He left the camp with few others. Nothing controversial here TBH.
If I had the exact reference, I would have definetly posted it here....I saw the article on FB and the person who posted it there, just forwarded the article which was already going around on FB. As you may know, on social media a lot of times when people copy/paste, they don't usually copy the source. This is why I qualified the article with the question: Is it true?

He is shown us now rutless he can be....when he promotes himslef above Sikander Raza and Wiese :ROFLMAO:
Hope he does not kick some fellow players in dressing room :rolleyes:

I felt he got the captaincy too soon in his career, but the way he has been treated recently is nothing short of appalling.

Sadly we have a habit of demoralising cricketers in Pakistan.

“There will be HELL to pay for Babar at the T20 WC this summer!!”- JR probably

And then cue Limp Bizkit.

Just replace Babar and Shaheen with Rock and Austin… everyone knows how it ends, Naqvi gives Babar the steel chair at mania and ends Shaheen’s reign off screen making Babar PCB Champ so Shaheen can try his luck at Lollywood for Maula Jatt II: Pakhtun Chronicles.

(I need to take a break from pro wrestling…)

All the strength and manpower PCB deploys to cause infighting… if only they can redirect that dedication to bettering the domestic and school /uni cricket system.

Thanks for this tiring captaincy drama, Naqvi... I'm fed up with this entire debacle. These players should be focused on their opponents and the game of cricket itself, not on the power struggles within the cricket board.

This is what happens when you empower parasites like Naqvi and others of his ilk; they spread their influence and corrupt everything around them. I'm certain that the atmosphere within the team camp is dismal right now due to all the conflicts and controversies.

This situation wouldn't have arisen if the current PCB administration weren't so insecure about their abilities and positions. They keep changing captains and players as a display of authority, trying to mask their lack of expertise. This insecurity stems from the fact that fans haven't warmly received the new regime, largely because it lacks the necessary experience for the job they're tasked with, which is cricket.

The grim state of affairs transcends cricket and pervades throughout Pakistan. PDM has unleashed its havoc, fulfilling the promises made back in early 2022, though it feels like a distant memory now.

Thanks for this tiring captaincy drama, Naqvi... I'm fed up with this entire debacle. These players should be focused on their opponents and the game of cricket itself, not on the power struggles within the cricket board.

This is what happens when you empower parasites like Naqvi and others of his ilk; they spread their influence and corrupt everything around them. I'm certain that the atmosphere within the team camp is dismal right now due to all the conflicts and controversies.

This situation wouldn't have arisen if the current PCB administration weren't so insecure about their abilities and positions. They keep changing captains and players as a display of authority, trying to mask their lack of expertise. This insecurity stems from the fact that fans haven't warmly received the new regime, largely because it lacks the necessary experience for the job they're tasked with, which is cricket.

The grim state of affairs transcends cricket and pervades throughout Pakistan. PDM has unleashed its havoc, fulfilling the promises made back in early 2022, though it feels like a distant memory now.

Political rant about PDM.

Now what do you think about Babar coming back as captain again and Shaheen's comments to PCB.

I think they are still friends.

Your say?

Political rant about PDM.

Now what do you think about Babar coming back as captain again and Shaheen's comments to PCB.

I think they are still friends.

Your say?

The current chaos is undoubtedly the consequence of an incompetent board, so I call them out. Do you have a problem with that?

These new guys as toxic as the 1990s ones but with less than 25% of the talent or brains.

“There will be HELL to pay for Babar at the T20 WC this summer!!”- JR probably

And then cue Limp Bizkit.

Just replace Babar and Shaheen with Rock and Austin… everyone knows how it ends, Naqvi gives Babar the steel chair at mania and ends Shaheen’s reign off screen making Babar PCB Champ so Shaheen can try his luck at Lollywood for Maula Jatt II: Pakhtun Chronicles.

(I need to take a break from pro wrestling…)

All the strength and manpower PCB deploys to cause infighting… if only they can redirect that dedication to bettering the domestic and school /uni cricket system.

Legendary promo...ma man JR, he know how to sell a story.

Commenatating on PCB shenanigans would make it the greatest drama on earth :ROFLMAO:

Shaheen needs to show this stuff to India not Babar as they actually troll him not babar.

Back