Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Other, please specify

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

xkalibur80

Tape Ball Star
Runs
Hello all,

This is not a thread that I would usually make but since there are a few experts out there, thought I would reach to see which make you will recommend.

So I will be in the market for a new bat for next season and here are some of the makes I am considering:

SG
H4L
Warsop

I use a Newbery GT335 (Player's Edition) currently, however, it's a tad bottom heavy. I also had a CA12000 TRD, 8000 and AS V3 and they have all been disposed off.

We play on Canadian pitches that keep low so I am looking for something that will have a lowish middle.

I probably won't be buying a pakistani bat this time around so that narrows it down to English (preferably hand made) bats or Indian.

Fire away!

One has to choose from those three? [By the way, do you want me to add a poll for you?]

From that list I would say Warsop as I believe they are tad better than H4L and SG.

hav any of you seen this year's SGs?

Saw this bat the other other- HUGE!! pickup was light as well. The cleft wasnt overdried or anything - i mean didnt feel hollowish or anything!

Like the new stickers as well.

If you can find a beauty like that go for SG!

I don't know if you have heard of them but have you looked into Redbacks? Those bats are handmade in UK, but I think still pressed at Newbery unless Gary got his own pressing machine.

In 2009 Allegiance got bat of the year while in 2011 Paradox got bat of the year award,

No I haven't looked at redbacks although heard a lot about it in one of the threads in the past.....I will look up Allegiance and Paradox....what kinda financial damage am I looking at for one? LoL

Last edited:
hav any of you seen this year's SGs?

Saw this bat the other other- HUGE!! pickup was light as well. The cleft wasnt overdried or anything - i mean didnt feel hollowish or anything!

Like the new stickers as well.

If you can find a beauty like that go for SG!

Which SG was it?

No I haven't looked at redbacks although heard a lot about it in one of the threads in the past.....I will look up Allegiance and Paradox....what kinda financial damage am I looking at for one? LoL

Have a look at: redbackcricket.com for prices on Redbacks.

If you want a bit chequers then have a look at ProDirect Cricket

Back