New Cricket Bat: suggestions

paulkatich

Debutant
Runs
Hi all,
I bought a ss viv richards bat in the past. The bat looks okay. But when the ball hits the bottom or toe the bat gives a jerk. Is this a problem with bat?The seller sent the bat with free knocking. Does it needs more knocking? .Is there any thing I can do with this ? I am also looking to buy a new one. I am so confused buying online after that. But I don't have an option. Because in U.S you can only buy online. Below are my bat choices any suggestions.

1) SS KP evolution link
2) SF saphire laminted link
3) SS limited edition link

Please let me know your suggestions.I haven't used any sf bat before. I am sure there might other forum members who have used atleast couple of above bats.

Welcome to PakPassion paulkatich, I hope you enjoy your stay here :).

Actually I'd say pretty much all bats would give you a jerk when ball hits the toe IF toe is under-knocked or ball is very hard one. So I'd suggest if you guys use good quality balls then spend more time knocking the toe.

I'd say SS KP Evolution but I don't know the link you gave for SS KP looks a bit suspicious I'd say.

Other two are OnlineStockist link, I don't want to go much into it but there haven't been very positive reviews of them by some buyers, just thought I'd caution you rest is unto you.

If you don't mind me asking whats your budget? Are you open to other bats or those three are final short listed ones?

Thanks for the reply. Good information.Looks like you have good knowledge about sellers. Would you recommend any sellers ? . My budget is 250 - 300 bucks. I am open for other bats as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. Good information.Looks like you have good knowledge about sellers. Would you recommend any sellers ? . My budget is 250 - 300 bucks. I am open for other bats as well.

You can try Uzi Sports as they carry a wide variety of bats....there are some other ones such as Owzat, Pro Direct Cricket

SS Limited edition is good; KP will cost you a lot more; you can try the stores listed by xcalibur-- all of them are good. In the US, you can try cricketstoreonline---he is pretty good too.

SF bats are good; laminated bats are illegal..lol. Saphire will have a higher sweetspot than the SS bats but the only US store where you get SF will be cricketgear.com.

Given a choice between SS and SF, I will vote for SS. I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions :)

Also, SS Viv Richards is not particularly good in my honest opinion; it is a budget priced bat and plays like a budget priced bat. The SS Orange is much better and will cost you a tad more than the Richards.

Last edited:
Its all opinion but id go SS LE with SS EVO as the last option. I am tempted by the SF Saphire but having never heard a review and just going off those pictures its very hard to give a real honest answer. It does look nice though

I would go SS LE as well. knightrider has had some lovely looking bats from onlinestockist.

Cool. They cost between 130-180 bucks in the US, depending on the year and the store.

Anyway, have you decided which one to get ultimately?

I would go SS LE as well. knightrider has had some lovely looking bats from onlinestockist.

Thats true OLS has best quality SS bats. I bought 5x SS LE off him last year and every single bat was a gem. I also had a SF saphire couple of seasons ago and that also was a brilliant bat. Use search option and you will find pictures and review of the SF bat.

Last edited:
Back