NZ v India | T20 Warm Up | Lords

OZGOD

Senior Test Player
Runs
Post of the Week
In the *other* match going on India are currently smothering the Hobbits. 4/103 after 14 overs.

India playing without their best 20/20 batters , Yuvi & sehwag , so game not over yet,Aussie.

If the Hobbits win this I will eat my hat!

LOL hate is such a strong word. :p

India strolling to victory here. If EnZed get anywhere near 150 I will be amazed.

Decent outing by India in the field. Only disappointment was seeing Irfan and RP bowl ordinarily. Ishanth and Harbhajan were top class. Ojha bowled well too except for one over when he went for 15 runs.

Fielding was inconsistent with couple of good catches and a few drops (one by Yousuf pathan and one by Dhoni).

RP Singh to bowl the final over ... Hope we restrict them to less than 165 ...

massive 2 hits from Franklin ....even if they loose today , Kiwis are a seriously good side for this format !

my favs to win the tournament !

RP just got battered! 170 is poor by India. Shouldn't have let them got near that. 20 runs too many.

jusarrived said:
massive 2 hits from Franklin ....even if they loose today , Kiwis are a seriously good side for this format !

my favs to win the tournament !
Don't you think they are a little thin in the bowling department??

invincible said:
Don't you think they are a little thin in the bowling department??

yup the pace bowling is weak , but Vettori should make a huge difference ...if hes in from , their bowling will be fine imo !

I think Vettori may not going to cause much of trouble for our Batsmen

Wut how did EnZed get to 170??

OZGOD said:
Wut how did EnZed get to 170??

Last couple overs = 30 runs, Some brilliant hitting and some ordinary bowling.

We are on our way to losing this game... :))

Damnn .. Finally able to locate the channel .... I missed most of the part

RP and I pathan (my worst nightmare) got carted around easily......We must get Zak fully fit by the start of tourney....can't rely on RP...Irfan can be our 4th seamer behind Ishant, Zak & PK...

Who's this NL McCullum? Is he related to Brendan?

Easy win for India coming up. Geez Rohit Sharma's a tidy player.

India are coasting.

Any batsmen they bring in, just has the ability to smash the ball for six.

India with a momentary hiccup, 3/122 after 14, but Raina still at the crease and plenty of wickets in hand.

India need 43 off 30 balls

Yusuf Pathan has joined Jadeja now...

43 needed off 30 balls with 6 wickets remaining.
India should be able to do this easily.

Now that Yusuf Pathan is at the crease this should be done and dusted.

Yusuf gone.
Can NZ pull this one out of the bag?

getting interesting now !

like i said earlier , vettori alone makes NZ bowling look good

29 to win from 12.
Have India messed this one up big time?

Come on New Zealand.

Boi said:
29 to win from 12.
Have India messed this one up big time?

Come on New Zealand.

despite not eating as much meat as pak players, indian players can clear boundaries easily, maybe pak should try daal as well

There goes Pathan, run out.
They have thrown this away big time.

Last edited:
Failure to contain James Franklin at the end of the Hobbit innings has cost India big time.

no big deal if we loose here & am happy they dint bring in Yuvi when it was getting difficult even though hes in the 13 ....& how jinxed are we against the kiwis ? our 4th loss to them

Only India Can Not Win A Game From This Position. Only India.

Someone get the salt!

Im sure Ozgod likes a little pepper with his hats as well.

Do send us a picture.

Plasma said:
Someone get the salt!

Im sure Ozgod likes a little pepper with his hats as well.

Do send us a picture.

Oh well. It's not my fault India did this...

17107.jpg

OZGOD said:
If the Hobbits win this I will eat my hat!

Better start running naked. Now that would be a great sight... :))

jusarrived said:
yeah , they should pack their bags and go home now ..!

atleast india went at 8/po, pakistan barely made it into a run ab all

jusarrived said:
Jadeja 41(41) cost us the match !

At least he scored...imagine how we feel with Mr Salman 'give 10/12 runs away in the field then get out straight away' Butt.

Well played to India..says a lot about our depth that we lost only by 9 runs even without Sehwag and Yuvraj.We can only get better from here. Congrats to the black caps though..clearly the better team today.

If I remember correctly, India lost both their warm up games before the previous T20 world cup as well. So as long as the players feel they've had enough practice out there and take positives, we should be fine.

1) It was great to see the young lads - Rohith and Suresh Raina step up and perform so well with the bat.
2) Bowling --- Ojha, Ishanth, Harbhajan all did a very good job. RP Singh should improve his bowling. I doubt Irfan Pathan will be in the team when it comes to international games.
3) Gambhir seems a bit out of form in just the way he is forcing himself. I hope he gets back into form as quickly as possible.

Mohsin said:
At least he scored...imagine how we feel with Mr Salman 'give 10/12 runs away in the field then get out straight away' Butt.

Salman Butt is good at football though, did a brilliant stepover when fielding, shame SA got 4 for it though,

re: indias match, what a classic contradictory proverb

Great starts make great finishes.
BUT
It ain't over 'till it's over.

India look pretty good though. Rohit Sharma and Suresh Raina are very tidy players. The bowling is where there could be a problem.

invincible said:
If I remember correctly, India lost both their warm up games before the previous T20 world cup as well. So as long as the players feel they've had enough practice out there and take positives, we should be fine.

1) It was great to see the young lads - Rohith and Suresh Raina step up and perform so well with the bat.
2) Bowling --- Ojha, Ishanth, Harbhajan all did a very good job. RP Singh should improve his bowling. I doubt Irfan Pathan will be in the team when it comes to international games.
3) Gambhir seems a bit out of form in just the way he is forcing himself. I hope he gets back into form as quickly as possible.

:O you're not talking football today?

Purple Cap RP cost India the game. Him and Jadeja. From what I gather he was playing with no urgency, seemed as though he was playing for himself and not the team. Yousuf flopped too.

But no Sehwag or Yuvraj is the only reason why that guy is playing I guess.

And to be fair, India can take a lot more from their loss than we can from ours. Rohit and Raina looked absolute class. (Rohit very unlucky as well). And Ishant bowled well. Ohja bowled some rippers too, but was cartered about.

Last edited:
more than decent outing for india for one it showed who the form players were

both sharmas and raina , bhajji did well...ojha wont play unless it is a dry track

yuvi and sehwag were absent...i believe yusuf pathan might get dropped if he fails in 2 more matches

probable 11 for the official match
sehwag
gambhir
raina
yuvi
dhoni
rohit
irfan
yusuf
bhajji
i sharma
zak

the only change might come if yusuf is dropped for pk or rp

Thought india would have won this game but credit to kiwis for bowling in death overs.

Jacob oram could be a huge trump card for the kiwis in this tourney!

Gambhir is playing like butt...real worry....

Now If gambhir take his IPl form to this T20 WC, we are doomed....still this team looks mouthwatering

Gambhir
Sehwag
Raina
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Rohit
Y pathan
Harbi
Praveen
Zak
Ishant

I would be lying if I said today's defeat does not bother me. Obviously, the ready-made excuse i can come up with is that two of the most explosive batsmen of our team did not play, but that would be only half the story. The truth is, the men who were on the field - Gambhir, Rohit, Dhoni, Raina, Yusuf, Jadeja and Irfan - were more than capable of chasing down that total and they failed. And THATS the worrying thing.

Traditionally, Indians are poor starters . They will get better.Hope they don't try too many things in bowling and stick to basics.

IMO Jadeja played ok - if Yusuf Pathan had come and played his part India could have made it.

Dont forget that Vettori and Oram were bowling really well. I would give credit to them than blame the batsmen at that stage.

alexjohn_tcr said:
Jadeja doesnt deserve to be here.Virat Kohli is a much better player

Virat Kohli ? No way ... Abhishek Nayar would have been best bet considering he could bowl bit as medium pacer as well

Indieview said:
Virat Kohli ? No way ... Abhishek Nayar would have been best bet considering he could bowl bit as medium pacer as well

Why not Virat Kohli.He was dropped from the team for reasons other than perfomance. He is one of the best players of spin bowling in India,he played Murali and Mendis very well during his first ODI series in Lanka when most other batters struggled.Again he played Murali well during the IPL Semis ,tonking him for to huge sixes in the end when most others played Murali without taking risk.He is an excellent fielder too. He can really hit big unlike Jadeja.He took RP singh to cleaners during that match against Deccan

neither jadeja nor kohli will play in the main matches....jadeja can hit remember 1 ipl match where he hit 33 off 10-12 balls also remember ipl 1....jadeja was taken simply because he is a better bowler than kohli ...i think jadeja is a back up to yusuf pathan

both kohli and jadeja are good but jadeja was in our t20 team before kohli and has not failed in the chances he has got so it would be unfair to drop him...that said if uthappa was in reasonable form i would have picked him can bowl med pace , can hit , good fielder, can wicketkeep as a back up to dhoni

if sehwag is fit jadeja wont play as simple as that

Back