Official Commentary Thread: India v/s West Indies [26/10/06]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

T20I Debutant
Runs
Starting in 15 minutes.
Lara has won the toss and decided to bowl.
I do not know if there is already a thread and I am sorry if there is.

has chemical been sprayed today as well in ground to reduce effect of dew ? or there is no dew on this ground ?

India 0/7

Sehwag 6 (10)
Tendulkar 0 (1)

Taylor 0/6 (1 over)
Bradshaw 0/1 (1 over)

Its Gilly.
I had to resize it and make it smaller.
I put another one on.

Sehwag has exceeded the expectations of INdians by crossing double figures after 5 or 6 matches. Meanwhile exquisit straight drive from Sachin.

Another terrible shot at a ball going outside off. India is losing its way as usual in recent times? With an atrocious form of Dravid, Dhoni, Yuvraj and Raina India will find it hard to make 200.

accomodating taylor and bradshow on this pitch should be good practice for the trial by fire that awaits in lee-mitchell-mcgrath.

jackal786 said:
Another terrible shot at a ball going outside off. India is losing its way as usual in recent times? With an atrocious form of Dravid, Dhoni, Yuvraj and Raina India will find it hard to make 200.
i think sehwag is going the afridi way... hit hard, hit fast, but dont think. soon he will be joining afridi in the doldrums of "morons who throw their wicket away"

DBHAI

There was already a thread on the match before you made this.

Dravid under a bit of pressure today, recent ODI form with the bat has been poor averaging about 10 over last 10 games.

Windies bowlers vary the pace intelligently. Good thoughtful bowling by Taylor and Bradshaw.

Dravid must be in really poor form to miss that wide ball. Should have been thumped away for a 4.

Hope Tendulkar and Dravid has learnt something from the NZ batting yesterday - about pacing the innings.

2/42
11.3 overs.

Tendulkar going along at a run every 2 deliveries.

XFactor said:
Hope Tendulkar and Dravid has learnt something from the NZ batting yesterday - about pacing the innings.

As a matter of fact Tendulkar and Dravid have played that role many many times in their career. But form is the criteria here. Fleming was in great touch yesterday.

You are right jackal786 - i didnt mean learnt in that way. In this CT, those who have been patient have succeeded, so i am hoping that they have taken notice of that.

Leonidas_of_sparta said:
dravid is living on borrowed time... dismissal just around the corner...

Since Danger men have gone out of attack Dravid should put his head down and stay at the wicket. But he has started to time the ball a bit.

This tournament is an unusual tournament with almost every pitch has something for the bowlers.

jackal786 said:
Since Danger men have gone out of attack Dravid should put his head down and stay at the wicket. But he has started to time the ball a bit.
interesting choice of words... i think the danger men are not the quickies but the medium pacers. notice how moyo contained mills and bond but was troubled by the likes of franklin and oram due to their bounce and reduced pace.

Leonidas_of_sparta said:
interesting choice of words... i think the danger men are not the quickies but the medium pacers. notice how moyo contained mills and bond but was troubled by the likes of franklin and oram due to their bounce and reduced pace.

Danger men are not medium pacers ,but their spinners gayle n samules!

jusarrived said:
Danger men are not medium pacers ,but their spinners gayle n samules!
man i dont get gayle. *** is up with his bowling that people fall to it?

i say belt that crap he dishes, out of the ground, out of the city.

Tendulkar's standing outside crease prompted the keeper to come up. Now Tendulkar is inside the crease. Interesting battle of wits.

Man that ball that dismissed bounced just 2 inches above lol pitch has started to behave how it has been behaving in this series.

Very sluggish pitch. Tendulkar was standing out. Keeper came up. Tendulkar went back to crease. got out. Very intersting plot. Ball did not even bounce, atleast a foot or two wide he managed to drag on to stumps.

What brilliant fielding. Dravid has been run out by Dhoni from a direct hit. Well fielded Dwayne Smith. 131/5

Alright rob mate how its going?

what are you up to these days after your gcse's?

131-5 now.

Dravid and Yuvraj gone, India in big trouble.

TAHIR said:
Alright rob mate how its going?

what are you up to these days after your gcse's?
Haha, i think you're a year ahead of me Tahir. I got my GCSEs this year coming up. It's hectic work with coursework being finished, mocks coming up and work experience soon (though i can't wait for that). By the end of it i might have time to have a breather. What are you up to anyway?

What a brainless and stupid thing to do by Dhoni - in a hurry to get off the mark he ran out India's main hope! Needs to make at least 60-odd to make up for this.

It is weird. This is one tournament batsmen get out for ordinary deliveries on a regular basis. From what i saw none of the deliveries were unplayable. But still they managed to get out to wide balls half trackers. It is funny.

Rob H said:
Haha, i think you're a year ahead of me Tahir. I got my GCSEs this year coming up. It's hectic work with coursework being finished, mocks coming up and work experience soon (though i can't wait for that). By the end of it i might have time to have a breather. What are you up to anyway?

I must have got a bit confused with you doing a couple of gcse's a year early or something. Basically I am at college now doing A levels in Business, Geography, Accounts and Law. Not really enjoying it at all, thought it would be a positive change from high school but is rather too repetitive for my liking. I am seriously weighing up my options and considering employment

It may all boil to whether the Indians can get rid of Gayle before the first 15 overs. If he stays on, he will punish them no end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back