Pak v Ind | Official Day 5 Commentary Thread [16/1/06]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easa

Senior Test Player
Runs
Post of the Week
So how many wickets will India lose on Day 5?

Will Sehwag score another triple hundred?

Will India need to bat again?

Post all commentary and updates here. Mods please make this a sticky. :D

10.30 is the umpires inspection but dont think we would get any play today!

Last edited by a moderator:
Official ine is:

Day 5 - Bad light delay start

Inspection at 11:15 PAk TIMe.
....30 mins.

Last edited:
OXY

Very thoughtful of you to post that gentle reminder. I thank you for your pro-active gesture. And honestly, we were having a lot of fun dueling (verbal) with Big Mac, Najaf etc. But as you know, it takes only one moron to spoil it for everybody...!

do you guys think there is any chance of play today? at least one or two sessions?

As far as I'm concerned, I'd like to see absolutely NOTHING happening today.

As far as a contest was concerned, this match was dead from day 1. No winners or losers. Just a lot of new records being set.

Good for the individual, not good for the game.

bala977 said:
OXY

Very thoughtful of you to post that gentle reminder. I thank you for your pro-active gesture. And honestly, we were having a lot of fun dueling (verbal) with Big Mac, Najaf etc. But as you know, it takes only one moron to spoil it for everybody...!
i agreee ..whats a game of cricket btw 2 old rivals without a bit of banter ehh?? as long as no lines crossed obviously.......keeps us all going n makes the game more intresting!

I am surprised this thread got even 10 posts for the day, considering what a pathetic boring test match this is.

ok no play today. all of u go to sleep. no more records. Sehwag is crying rite now and the ground has been flooded :D

Nauman said:
I am surprised this thread got even 10 posts for the day, considering what a pathetic boring test match this is.
and yours is the 11th one :))

pathan007 said:
ok no play today. all of u go to sleep. no more records. Sehwag is crying rite now and the ground has been flooded :D
Mashallah se, Pakistan needs water more then boring test cricket.

pathan007 said:
it would be intresting if there was no play for the day......both sehwag n dravid would be kicking themselves esp after getting so close to the 50 yr record.......they would certainly make history in the yrz to come esp on cric info (on stevens articles he would write *so close yet so far :))):))) .........but coming back to reality they fully deserve it if they get a chance to go out n bat.....

bala977 said:
OXY

Hmm, I dont recall having a duel with anyone. :10:

peeps was watching the srilanka game......n they had an update from pakistan......gud news :D its started raining accoring to charles coville

cavin420 said:
peeps was watching the srilanka game......n they had an update from pakistan......gud news :D its started raining accoring to charles coville

Great news :19:

wats so good abt rain .. i wana see shewag bat jus check his stats for this inning he hit one six all other s have been 4 all ground shots ..

Plsu i think Pak try to get him out rather than fustrate him ( which is not easliy done)

the groundmen said that they don't have tools to dry out the outfield. so it would be better to take day 5off :D.but Sehwag said no way i'm gonna roll myself in the ground to dry it out. i want 500. :p

[UPDATE 1155 India time/ 1125 Pakistan time]; There is a strong chance that play will begin in a little over an hour. That is at 1245 Pakistan time/1315 India time. Till then, there's not much to report from Lahore

Sehwag is as good as it gets for a neutral. :14: I hope India gets to bat atleast 30overs.

Juggy D said:
[UPDATE 1155 India time/ 1125 Pakistan time]; There is a strong chance that play will begin in a little over an hour. That is at 1245 Pakistan time/1315 India time. Till then, there's not much to report from Lahore

Sehwag is as good as it gets for a neutral. :14: I hope India gets to bat atleast 30overs.

Dude, is your nickname after the singer or a slang for Jagmohan Dalmiya?

pathan007 said:
the groundmen said that they don't have tools to dry out the outfield. so it would be better to take day 5off :D.but Sehwag said no way i'm gonna roll myself in the ground to dry it out. i want 500. :p
:))):))):))).......well realistically he could achive that 500 run mark since we have given him 2 lives + 1 by rudi.......n yeah the weather being the 4th factor which is going against sehwag for the time being.........

badxhah said:
wats so good abt rain .. i wana see shewag bat jus check his stats for this inning he hit one six all other s have been 4 all ground shots ..

Plsu i think Pak try to get him out rather than fustrate him ( which is not easliy done)
mic holding says inzi should give all his fast bowlers the whole day off .......and bring on his spinners..........if inzi takes holdings advice then therz a gud possibility india even scoring 1000 runs for the innings :D

nafajafam said:
Dude, is your nickname after the singer or a slang for Jagmohan Dalmiya?

My first name is Jagmohan...and my last name starts with D. and no it's not Dalmiya :22:

pathan007 said:

:))) :))) :)))

the groundmen said that they don't have tools to dry out the outfield. so it would be better to take day 5off :D.but Sehwag said no way i'm gonna roll myself in the ground to dry it out. i want 500

Amazing sense of humour........................

Good news is that due to all this rain, some grass may grow on the pitch - soon.

[UPDATE 1330 India time/1300 Pakistan time] And finally some good
news from Lahore. The match is set to resume in about 15 minutes
at 1315 Pakistan time/1345 India time. It has become slightly
brighter and the drizzle has stopped. See you then!

TaZ said:
[UPDATE 1330 India time/1300 Pakistan time] And finally some good
news from Lahore. The match is set to resume in about 15 minutes
at 1315 Pakistan time/1345 India time. It has become slightly
brighter and the drizzle has stopped. See you then!

Dont they mean 13:45 Pakistan time?

I also saw thay on cric info and was hopeful but there has been no update since then!

Sorry jus as i say that they given an update if what they saying is right then play will start in around half hour!

Its 13:30 right now but still no sign of match though we can safely assume that Sehwag wont be getting his record now because even if they do come on now it will be quite dark in an hours and a half's time.

i am so happy that it rained. i hope sehwag does not get to score a triple either
dua upgrade :)

Raz said:
Have you got a strong American accent?

Dude, I am in Canada... you know, its right what they say about tall people!! :))

But no, no farangi accent, still got my desi thing goin. SOMEBODY GONNA GET A HURT !!

Last edited:
nafajafam said:
Dude, I am in Canada... you know, its right what they say about tall people!! :))

I said that on purpose just to test your reaction as a Canadian because i know Canadians hate it when people say they have an American accent.

nafajafam said:

But no, no farangi accent, still got my desi thing goin. SOMEBODY GONNA GET A HURT !!

:))) :))) :))) I was actually watching that same joke yesterday

Raz said:
I said that on purpose just to test your reaction as a Canadian because i know Canadians hate it when people say they have an American accent.

Hate the canadian accent. American is nice, but not the southern

badxhah said:
He might have one but my englush is so weak it might need a gulose drip soon

Doesnt seem like it from your posts. Keep speaking and InshaAllah it will get better.

i get worked up when i understand english forget american canadain or southern

nafajafam said:
Hate the canadian accent. American is nice, but not the southern

The accents and voices of some American women are so seductive :11:

badxhah said:
Mississuga i think cavin is frm canada also

Mississauga is a much better place. Plenty of desi poondi around. I am thinking of moving into downtown.

Raz said:
The accents and voices of some American women are so seductive :11:

Nothing better than a girl speaking French. They should outlaw the language for the men, sound g@y. Girl with a British accent also does it for me. Love that twirl of the lips. Ha !!

nafajafam said:
Mississauga is a much better place. Plenty of desi poondi around. I am thinking of moving into downtown.

Desi poondi at full Pace here ..But the prblem is all of them have big attitude prblem

thats y D-Desperate E-Egomanic S-Sexy I-indiviuals

nafajafam said:
Nothing better than a girl speaking French. They should outlaw the language for the men, sound g@y. Girl with a British accent also does it for me. Love that twirl of the lips. Ha !!

French is very very tasty, as for a British accent which one tickles your fancy? Geordie, Scouser, Brummie, Mancunian, Cockney, Scottish, Irish?

Somebody shud change the title now to Pak v Ind | Official POODI Day 5 Commentary Thread

Raz said:
French is very very tasty, as for a British accent which one tickles your fancy? Geordie, Scouser, Brummie, Mancunian, Cockney, Scottish, Irish?

No idea, but definitely not Irish or Scottish. Too strong to be coming out of a girls mouth. Isn't Cockney supposed to be proper English? Do the different accents differ from area?

[UPDATE 1400 India time/1330 Pakistan time]: Play is likely to get
under way at 0900 GMT/0200 Pakistan time/0230 India time. As and
when it begins we will have all the action for you!

Raz said:
:))) :))) :))) But no, no farangi accent, still got my desi thing goin. SOMEBODY GONNA GET A HURT !! I was actually watching that same joke yesterday

I take it that you are fellow Russell Peters fans ???

badxhah said:
Desi poondi at full Pace here ..But the prblem is all of them have big attitude prblem

thats y D-Desperate E-Egomanic S-Sexy I-indiviuals

That's what I heard too.. atleast something to look at. Some door will answer someday.

Somebody shud change the title now to Pak v Ind | Official POODI Day 5 Commentary Thread

Entra, hear?

Sawdust being sprinkled on all over the ground, but still looks gloomy.

That's what I heard too.. atleast something to look at. Some door will answer someday.

The prblem is that some doors are locked n those are open are open to everyone. :13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back