Pakistan A v England Lions | 1st ODI | Dubai | 22/2/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Hammad Azam and Raza Hasan make the final 11.

what happened to the name suggestions? anything get picked for Pakistan _______?

The match starts in about 25 minutes.

Lets hope Pakistan A do better then they did in T20s

No mention of either Hammad or Raza on that scorecard's squad list.

Actually they've updated, both are in the final XI - brilliant news. :D

1/0 after one over.

Mohammad Hafeez taking full advantage of the power plays:

1 run from 12 balls!

57/3 after 15 overs.

These idiots can not play well on almost home conditions.

What happend to the A team that toured Australia last year? I know Umar Akmal was there and he is in the senior team now, who are the other players missing here?

S ghani, Azhar ali,khalik latif, umar amin and Sarfraz ahmed are missing from that team.That's whole batting line up.

Well fair few batsmen are different from last year...like Azhar ali, sheharyar ghani, ghumman, umar amin etc. I think Khalif latif was there as well.

IAJ said:
57/3 after 15 overs.

These idiots can not play well on almost home conditions.

What happend to the A team that toured Australia last year? I know Umar Akmal was there and he is in the senior team now, who are the other players missing here?
Talented players like Azhar Ali, Ali Asad, Umar Amin, and Sheryar Ghani have been canned to give these sifarshis a chance.

SirRyanOfSalford said:
oops saeed-sohail already answered that.
Don't worry Sir. At least we got to see your royal screen name.I would love to know how you came up such a creative name.

SirRyanOfSalford said:
It came from my love for giggsyy lol Man Utd for ever!

Man utd :31:

The whites for ever! :14:

..this is a poor A team....is this the best we have???

Hammad fails, out for just 8. Pakistan in trouble at 120/5.

in_cutter said:
..this is a poor A team....is this the best we have???

lol this is a garbage batting lineup consisting of players averaging in 20s in our flat domestic circuit and the only player who is averaging 50 isnt in the playing XI. (Naveed Yasin)

I think this why many of us are so frustrated..why are they selectbg players that we all know and stats prove are not good enough?? No wonder people are turning say from pak cricket!!

139/7 now and, unless there's a partnership, this game is safely done and dusted.

139/7

DJ Wainwright 3/26 off 10 overs ( He is a LEFT ARM spinner)

England's cricket board should sue PCB for wasting their time, they were probably trying to give their players some practice and PCB sent this team.........

Bro this is our true batting lineup for A side

Naeemuddin (averaging 60 in list A games)
Azhar Ali (avging 40)
Asad Shafiq (avging 40+)
Shahrear Ghani (avging 40+)
Saeed bin Nasir(avging 40+)
Hammad Azam (new comer)
Anwar Ali (avging 20s)
Naeem Anjum
Raza Hasan
Wahab Riaz
Muhammad Talha

Now I can say with 100% authority that current Eng A will face a clean sweep against this Pak A

179/9.. If they can limp to 200 they have an outside chance.

edit >> make that 179 ao lol

Another dismal batting effort from the "A" team.

179 all out

Saj said:
Another dismal batting effort from the "A" team.

179 all out

To be honest batting line up doesnt seem to contain any stand out batting stars!

Raza Hasan strikes on his 3rd ball :D

Abdur Rehman strikes on his 4th. Good to see captain giving the ball to RH before AR. Now they are bowling in tandem, will be interesting ;)

Abdur Rehman strikes again.

He has had a very good season! Too bad for him that we already have quality spinners in our senior side.

Also, this will make it easier for Raza hasan to bowl better today ;)

He is on a hattrick. What type of field will He-Man put? :moyo

still plenty more batting left for england A they bat all the way down to wainwright at number 9.

Sohaib-789 said:
still plenty more batting left for england A they bat all the way down to wainwright at number 9.

But only Bell has the mental strength to steer them to victory.

hey guys i wanted to ask whether can we go and watch the matches live at the ground or we have to buy the tickets or something.
It could be a nice outing, if one has nothing else to do

muhammad saad said:
But only Bell has the mental strength to steer them to victory.
:)))

Good effort by the spinners to drag the A side back into the game.

Pakistan A 179 (47.5 ov)
England Lions 77/6 (27.0 ov)

England Lions require another 103 runs with 4 wickets and 23.0 overs

Edit >

Pakistan A 179 (47.5 ov)
England Lions 80/7 (27.4 ov)

England Lions require another 100 runs with 3 wickets and 22.2 overs remaining

Hafeez gets the eight wicket : DJ Wainwright b Mohammad Hafeez

81/8 from 28.4

I think they shoud let Hammad and Wahab bowled out their quotas so that they can be prepared for the next ODI.

Look at that!
Skippy does not introduce himself in to the attack before now. And he also get's a wicket :D

And he get's ANOTHER one, what a bowling effort. Now I think he should give one more over to Hammad Azam.

Considering his T20 & ODI "performances" this series, he is definatley to get a place in the final squad for the England tests :D

What a pleasent surprise! just one more wicket!

All spinners except for Rashid have taken wickets....... but I fully expect Pakistan to make him a regular in the Eng team by the time we finish the Eng tour :)

96/9 32 overs
England Lions require another 94 runs with 1 wicket and 18.0 overs remaining

* England Lions RR 2.68
* Required RR 5.22
* Pakistan A RR (3.74) 3.58

Tbh, Bell is a choker of South African proportions, I don't see England coming back through him alone. Might be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back