Pakistan close on 317/5 on Day 1 of the 1st Test against New Zealand in Karachi

make Shan Masood the test captain. Quite unbelievable from few posters
33 years old guy with avg less than his age in all 3 formats is only considered for captaincy bcz he can speak english. The guy is average first class cricketer at best. Always struggles against any good quality attack.

Imam confident player

He is a proper player of spin, he was massively improved his game against spin. We need good players of spin to do well in SC at least.

Huraira is another option to replace Abdullah(who can't play left arm spin at all)

Have said it thousand of times that Abdullah has this weekness on incoming ball of slow and fast bowlers. He leaves the gate opened.. Today he was beaten with the incoming again hitting the pad on his second last delivery, to counter that he jumped on dismissal delivery and was beaten in flight n turn.. That is what happens when you don't work on weeknesses

Both Imam and BAbar still charging down the pitch whtsup with that???

Turns out Pakistan is indeed very mediocre at bsst.

Gower,Athers and Nas made England series watchable. Now it's just insufferable.

No Jeremy Coney?

Last edited:
This pitch is pathetic. Spinners from both ends with the new ball. How can they expect anyone to watch this kind of product?

3 wickets and a drop in first hour.
Pakistan playing positive cricket but losing wickets while doing so.

Literally every NZ wicket has been a gift.

NZ spinners have bowled well, don't get me wrong. But every single batsman would look at their dismissal and genuinely say they were the major cause themselves. Through just sheer stupidity and impatience.

It's a 5 day game boys. Or it can be, if you don't get yourelves out in 2 sessions.

wow what a shot. Doesn't even look at the ball even as he is making contact :))

Pathetic

We are three down ..should be 4...but lets blaming Abdullah. The pitch is turning and its clear we cant play spin. If anybody sae bangladesh india matched low scoring matches finished in 3 days due to amount of spin

Another beautiful scorecard to wake up to. :klopp

Great job New Zealand.

Should have created a flat pitch here as there is no threat of NZ playing Bazball . This pitch has so much assistance for the taking for NZ Spinners.

I think if the supporters want to see attacking cricket then there'll be days like this where it'll look completely shocking.

However I think on spinning pitches and as shown by Pant, Iyer and Litton, this is the best approach. They'll need to change the personnel though. If they want to continue playing this then Fakhar has to be in the team.

Shan is so useless, can’t believe some on here wanted him to be captain.

Some players are just made to dominate domestics and nothing more. Not sure why people don’t realize this. He’s been playing since 2013-2014 season, if you don’t realize this by now you never will.

Some players are just made to dominate domestics and nothing more. Not sure why people don’t realize this. He’s been playing since 2013-2014 season, if you don’t realize this by now you never will.

He needs to be booted out of the T20 team as well

Entire Karachi has stopped what they're doing and glued to their seats, Saffi bhai about to make his comeback after what feels like forever!

I think if the supporters want to see attacking cricket then there'll be days like this where it'll look completely shocking.

However I think on spinning pitches and as shown by Pant, Iyer and Litton, this is the best approach. They'll need to change the personnel though. If they want to continue playing this then Fakhar has to be in the team.

Huraira needs to be included

Babar & Saud have succeeded on such wickets. They are quality and know how to bat in test cricket.

Very True… He really improved his skills to throw away his wicket, so much improvement that some people want him to be a Captain.

I feel Saud Shakil,s grit and patience with Babar agreesiveness is going to be the key in future. Two good batsman to look for. Rst looks below average.

Sodhi is average spinner in tests. Just don't gift him any free wickets.

Have said it thousand of times that Abdullah has this weekness on incoming ball of slow and fast bowlers. He leaves the gate opened.. Today he was beaten with the incoming again hitting the pad on his second last delivery, to counter that he jumped on dismissal delivery and was beaten in flight n turn.. That is what happens when you don't work on weeknesses

All 3 batsmen showed lack of faith in their defence. Babar deserves this for not picking players on merit. I am waiting for saqlain to tell us Kamran didn’t look good in nets

Chief Selector will have to go against the lobby and bring some drastic changes in Test Team.

TEST TEAM: Try this for next Series
1. Mohammad Huraira
2. Kamran Ghulam
3. Usman Salahuddin
4. Babar Azam
5. Saud Shakeel

Whole Pakistan batting revolves around babar be it a test, ODI or a T20.
Very cruel on Babar.

This batting lineup reminds me of India's batting lineup of 1990s where sachin was the lone warrior

Bobby lucky to be there. Poor catching by Mitchell considering NZ standards.

Gotta take your luck.

I've never seen a batsman dropped as often as Labuschagne and he's top of the rankings.

Gotta take your luck.

I've never seen a batsman dropped as often as Labuschagne and he's top of the rankings.

Sehwag used to be dropped a lot. To be fair to him he used to hit those square cuts very powerfully.

33 years old guy with avg less than his age in all 3 formats is only considered for captaincy bcz he can speak english. The guy is average first class cricketer at best. Always struggles against any good quality attack.

He is far from being average.

Whole Pakistan batting revolves around babar be it a test, ODI or a T20.
Very cruel on Babar.

Unfortunately, players who deserves to be in the team never get selected for the Squad and even when they get selected, they remain water boy for the whole series and only sifrashi and Friends get selected for playing 11.
Good example is Asim Kamal and Fawad Alam.

To improve our batting, Qasim Akram, Haseebullah Khan, Waqar Ahmed and Mubashir Khan should be selected for A-Team.

Babar has got his usual soft 50, saud has got a start. How long before they both get out, Agha will look clueless with tail and usual less than 275 sub standard team score.

Saud Shakeel c Nicholls b Southee 22 (34b 2x4 0x6 ) SR: 64.7

Goodbye!

Spin has gone now..but these amateurs keep gifting wickets...he was only on for one over and field was set up for drives but heyy pak mentality...they need min 300 to stay in game as it must have been moisture which made spin in first hour

Back