WT20 Match v Canada - Won
WT20 Match v Ireland - Won

1st Test (Home) v Bangladesh - Lost
2nd Test (Home) v Bangladesh - Lost

Total Matches
Won - 6
Lost - 9
No Result - 3

Won matches only against Ireland, Canada and New Zealand C team.

Has there ever been a worst start for a Chairman in our history?

Waiting for his surgery. If he still does not take action against the bulk of the loser players in the team, he is clearly in bed with them.

If a chairman with full backing from the all powerful establishment in Pakistan cannot touch these players, then no one can.

Waiting for his surgery. If he still does not take action against the bulk of the loser players in the team, he is clearly in bed with them.

If a chairman with full backing from the all powerful establishment in Pakistan cannot touch these players, then no one can.
Or maybe the problem is much bigger than just players

Or maybe the problem is much bigger than just players

The players are part of the problem and have to face the music, they cannot perpetually go unpunished Scott free for the teams poor performances and loses to the likes of Afghanistan, Ireland, USA and now Bangladesh in test cricket.

This is professional sports and there has to be serious accountability at some point

The players are part of the problem and have to face the music, they cannot perpetually go unpunished Scott free for the teams poor performances and loses to the likes of Afghanistan, Ireland, USA and now Bangladesh in test cricket.

This is professional sports and there has to be serious accountability at some point
I just don't think changing players will fix Pakistan Cricket

I just don't think changing players will fix Pakistan Cricket

It might not but the replacements will not do any worse then the present loser lot. Sometimes a fresh change of personnel is required

His first decision was the start of it . Giving Babar the captaincy back was worst decision and biggest blunder .

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Cricket Board Chairman Mohsin Naqvi, who is also the interior minister, came under fire in both houses of parliament following Pakistan’s embarrassing defeat at the hands of Bangladesh in a two-match Test series in Rawalpindi, with lawmakers demanding his resignation from the board.

They said there was no justification for making Mohsin Naqvi the head of the cricket board and after the ‘annihilation’ at the hands of Bangladesh, his removal had become imperative. The lawmakers chanted slogans of shame in the Senate, asking the premier to appoint a competent person as the PCB chairman.

PTI leader Barrister Syed Ali Zafar said after the defeat that Bangladesh had inflicted on Pakistan, he believed that cricket had also been destroyed in the country like other games.

“There is only one reason for the disaster, and that is when you appoint an incompetent head of an institution, not only the institution is destroyed, but all the work done by the institution is spoiled,” he remarked.

He said Mohsin Naqvi might be very capable but he could not perform as the in-charge of cricket and because of him the game was being destroyed. “The voice of the whole nation is that he should resign from this post.”

Senator Saifullah Abro chided Mohsin Naqvi over his much-talked statement about Balochistan in which he said even a single SHO could sort out the problem of terrorism. “If it is so, then we may acquire services of 40 SHOs to handle four provinces, AJK, GB, and 36 ministries.”

Senator Abro wondered that if the Test series was to be gifted to Bangladesh this way, what was the justification for shutting down the federal capital.

Senator Manzoor Ahmad said the nation had high expectations from the players, who are paid Rs4 to 6 million in monthly salaries besides other incentives. He agreed that the PCB chairman and its board of governors should tender resignations.

Senator Khalil Tahir reminded fellow lawmakers that the person being grilled was also a member of this house and that he was not present to respond to them.

“The issue raised is of the entire nation. The talk here has been about his role as an administrator and a professional but not as a senator. It is a matter of the nation’s prestige. Unfortunately, youngsters have stopped watching cricket as they are so disappointed with the team’s performance,” Senator Irfan Siddiqui, who was presiding over the session at the time, observed.

NA unhappy with Naqvi

The interior minister also came under criticism in the National Assembly where the members, speaking on points of order, castigated his performance as interior minister as well as the PCB chief.

PTI’s Sibghatullah, speaking about the delay in issuance of passports, alleged that the minister was involved in corruption in the sports and immigration sectors.

He alleged that Rs50,000 to Rs60,000 was being demanded from the people to issue them passports. He said a delay in the issuance of passports had become a serious matter as a large number of people, especially in his Malakand constituency, were overseas Pakistanis and their visas were about to expire.

Lashing out at Mr Naqvi over his absence from the house, the PTI MNA regretted that he did not give importance to parliament as well as the government. He alleged that not only parliament but the government itself had no control over the interior minister.

Earlier, ruling PML-N MNA Tahira Aurangzeb expressed her concern over Pakistan’s poor performance against Bangladesh and even called for ‘banning’ the game. She did not name Mr Naqvi in her speech, but questioned the criteria for selection and appointments.

Published in Dawn, September 6th, 2024

Rana Sanaullah Khan, a close aide to Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, appeared this week to hint support for the PCB chief was waning at the top:

"It is his choice, these two jobs are full-time roles."

Cricket journalist and former PCB media manager Ahsan Iftikhar Nagi said the malaise was having a knock-on effect on the players.

"When we have chaos and chronic instability within the management of the board it will reflect on-field performances,"

Former PM Imran Khan lambasted the current PCB administration in following manner:

"Favourites have been imposed to run a technical sport like cricket. What are Mohsin Naqvi's qualifications?"

"Nations are destroyed when corrupt and incompetent people are placed into positions of power in state institutions,"

"Generals, judges and bureaucrats, just for a love of the game – but no knowledge of the game – have been appointed,"
"Also, the cricketers with knowledge of the game but no managerial experience have been appointed."

Lol didn't realise that Mohsin Naqvi is interior minister. Isn't that the same as home secretary in UK? That's crazy, imagine if the home secretary ran the English cricket board on the side, there would be uproar. He has far more important things to worry about. Or does he just run the cricket board in his spare time like a hobby haha.

Lol didn't realise that Mohsin Naqvi is interior minister. Isn't that the same as home secretary in UK? That's crazy, imagine if the home secretary ran the English cricket board on the side, there would be uproar. He has far more important things to worry about. Or does he just run the cricket board in his spare time like a hobby haha.
Agreed. Now imagine the mess Naqvi is making in home secretarial matters.

Just like the country went downhill as soon as he emerged from you-know-what.
:p

You could ask Naqvi how many overs there are in each innings in a game of T20 and he’d struggle to answer.

Our chairman is a guy who thought he was going to please the Pakistani fans by bringing Babar back as captain, not knowing that we were all sick of his captaincy. Had Naqvi watched a single game before being the chairman, he would’ve never had made Babar the captain.

definitely a poor show maybe we need to ask Naqvi to stop holding the bat for babar azam and to stop bowling for shaheen afridi

Back