Pakistan is heading into the dark days once again?

What this really shows is that Rizwan is a hard working man and takes his game seriously. He's improved and is currently averaging 71 and striking at 99 this World Cup. It's in India btw
We will see about that when he plays in Australia next month when the pitches aren't roads

When did Pakistan came out of darkness, we are in darkness for a long long time, nothing will happen

You were proven wrong on Misbah playing his 'friend' Asad Shafiq at 3. No need to get conceited. It's okay to be wrong
I'm willing to revise that argument just fine. You know that's not what I meant broskie.

What this really shows is that Rizwan is a hard working man and takes his game seriously. He's improved and is currently averaging 71 and striking at 99 this World Cup. It's in India btw
Stop looking at averages. It's the most toothless argument someone can use.

He has one good score 131 which was achieved against the weakest bowling attack. But fair enough it was a good innings.

Afterwards he's failed 4 games in a row and has been outperformed by most in the squad.

Lastly reason he's scoring so high is because imam and Babar are toothless. Besides Abdullah, the rest bat way too low to outscore him. If rizzu was batting at 5,6,7 he wouldn't be scoring that high.

We already saw this when he played in 2019. Averaged 44 and scored 95, highest test score for a Pakistani keeper in Australia
Bro we are talking about high quality cricket with good quality teams like India Australia South Africa newzealand and India. Anyone can statpad vs d string teams and minnow

last time in Australia he averaged 17 with a strike rate of 60

I don't know where the 44 came from

Ok well apologies if that's the case. From my own observations however I have seen talk about Rizwan much more than other, especially those who support him which proves my point that discourse around him here doesn't come from his fans hyping him up as some all time great but rather his haters acting like he is everything wrong with Pakistan cricket
imosity amoung the friends 11. Sohaib Akhtar and wasim akram are the first to talk about rizzu but their talks frequently get ignored

What I said before is anecdotal. If you look across most of social media, especially in places which is dominated by Pakistani fans from Pakistan than you'll see that currently Rizwan is probably the most well respected cricketer out their. With regards to comments from guys like Akram and Akhtar, it has been a long time since I have heard those two say anything against Rizwan, please if you have recent quotes from them or any other legends than feel free to send them

His only match losing innings in big games was that of the Asia Cup final in 2022, asides from that he has been decent in knockouts.

2021 wc: strike rate was low however 170 was defendable especially when we had Australia 96/5 and missed multiple chances. Fact is that game was lost due to poor fielding more than anything else

2022 wc: Match winning innings in the semis and it makes zero sense blaming his slow start for our loss in the final. By the 11th over we were 84/2 which was a perfect platform to get to at least 160. That loss was on all the batsmen, so let's not single out Rizwan

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro we are talking about high quality cricket with good quality teams like India Australia South Africa newzealand and India. Anyone can statpad vs d string teams and minnow

last time in Australia he averaged 17 with a strike rate of 60

I don't know where the 44 came from
Your initial post mentioned playing Australia next month. That series will be a test series and as such I was comparing his test performance

Now in that series in 2019 the line up which he scored against was Starc, Hazzlewood, Cummins and Lyon.

Wow what a D string attack right?

Your initial post mentioned playing Australia next month. That series will be a test series and as such I was comparing his test performance

Now in that series in 2019 the line up which he scored against was Starc, Hazzlewood, Cummins and Lyon.

Wow what a D string attack right?
This thread is about ODI's so are my posts

WOW why are you bringing in test stats that's a different argument.

Brother I didn't attack you, or call you any words. I don't insult the person ever, insult the argument at times yes, but not the person directly. Why would I? I have no animosity towards you and I don't mind engaging in conversation.

Come on really. Fam you called me a slime with ratty behaviour lol and you frequently use words like snake and corrupt for respectable human beings like Misbah. It's offensive and makes it impossible to carry on a conversation as inevitably the replies would be on the similar line.

But I do wish to remind me, the conversation was initiated by you, on outright demanding I Do Not disrespect a LEGEND. Isnt that a threat?

No it's not. A threat would be - 'I will report you to the mod team if you disrespect our legends' - but that's not the case. It's a public forum and you are entitled to your opinions as am I. I simply consider him a legend and will call out unfair accusations against him.

Also about editing comments, maybe before editing my comments over something you took personal offence to, my advise is to probs cool it on aggression.When you reply to a comment with

DONT DISRESPECT OUR LEGEND!

^^ On a forumn that's about cricket and has back and forth arguments about personal opinions, the argument was always going to be aggressive.

We have a whole team looking into these and have a standard for post quality.

I'm sorry if you find my viewpoint aggressive. It wasn't in caps and not those exact words but I get your gist. Again though it's a public forum and when you make baseless allegations someone will call you out.

@cricenjoyer but anyways back to topic
How are you going to explain the mighty average of 17 and strike rate of 60 in Australia?

And let's not forget the might average of 15 in t20 in Australia vs australia (3 games)

And the mighty average of 20 in world cup vs top 5 teams last year?

@cricenjoyer but anyways back to topic
How are you going to explain the mighty average of 17 and strike rate of 60 in Australia?

And let's not forget the might average of 15 in t20 in Australia vs australia (3 games)

And the mighty average of 20 in world cup vs top 5 teams last year?
I'm not going to justify it, it is a poor record well and truely

However that as @daytrader said just goes to show how hard he has worked at his game

From averaging 17 back into 2017 to becoming our top run scorer in this years world cup just goes to show what a big improvement he has made as a cricketer

Also if your going to use his average of 20 in last years tournament as a way to murky his credentials (even though when it mattered in the semi's he scored a match winning 60 in a pressure chase) than I'll just say look at his average of 73 vs the top teams of the 2021 world cup.

Come on really. Fam you called me a slime with ratty behaviour lol and you frequently use words like snake and corrupt for respectable human beings like Misbah. It's offensive and makes it impossible to carry on a conversation as inevitably the replies would be on the similar line.

No it's not. A threat would be - 'I will report you to the mod team if you disrespect our legends' - but that's not the case. It's a public forum and you are entitled to your opinions as am I. I simply consider him a legend and will call out unfair accusations against him.

We have a whole team looking into these and have a standard for post quality.

I'm sorry if you find my viewpoint aggressive. It wasn't in caps and not those exact words but I get your gist. Again though it's a public forum and when you make baseless allegations someone will call you out.

When a so called allegation is made, I will always be their to counter it. If you Do not wish to see my viewpoint then that's okay.

However I don't remember calling you a slime with ratty behaviour, but genuinely if I did, then I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you, or actually attack you. Wasn't my intention.

We can start over if you like or Drop it altogether. But I don't wish to attack any person directly, only arguments made, which I will always stand by and defend, however not at the cost of actually attacking the person ❤️.

Also btw just saying, I don't mind aggressive comments lol, but I'll keep any personal attacks out of it. 👍🏻

When a so called allegation is made, I will always be their to counter it. If you Do not wish to see my viewpoint then that's okay.

However I don't remember calling you a slime with ratty behaviour, but genuinely if I did, then I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you, or actually attack you. Wasn't my intention.

We can start over if you like or Drop it altogether. But I don't wish to attack any person directly, only arguments made, which I will always stand by and defend, however not at the cost of actually attacking the person ❤️.

Also btw just saying, I don't mind aggressive comments lol, but I'll keep any personal attacks out of it. 👍🏻

No offense taken. I appreciate your views as in the end we all want to see PCT improve. I just think your blame is misplaced and of course we can discuss that in civil ways.

I'm willing to revise that argument just fine. You know that's not what I meant broskie.

As long as you're open to revising your stances, that's great. You'll be a Misbah advocate before you know it :p

No offense taken. I appreciate your views as in the end we all want to see PCT improve. I just think your blame is misplaced and of course we can discuss that in civil ways.

As long as you're open to revising your stances, that's great. You'll be a Misbah advocate before you know it :p
XD, sure. We'll continue the discussion but not now.

After the nz vs Pakistan game.

I still have yet to see one counter point against the argument that OP gave.

Many people are accusing OP of character assassination or whatever but has not even tried to put a counter argument.

It is at the verge of rizwan becoming some cult like personality where you CAN NOT CRITICISE him not matter what. He is above any criticism.

You see OP, this is what happens when people have the mentality of seeking hero's. They wanted one, they got one.

Under no circumstances, they can lose him. They need to protect the notion at any cost. That includes avoiding any arguments against him even if justified.
Because he accused Rizwan of favouring team selection of favorites as if the players OP suggests would do anything different. The fault lies in the system in place which is just not good enough to produce top cricketers. Rizwan, Misbah blah blah are just coping mechanisms.

I see again and again CT win being brought up. Bhai this is a different format, much more rigorous. Here only top teams will proceed since you need to win lot more games to qualify. Look at South Africa. They lost to Ned still they are in top 2. While as with last year T20 WC format or CT format they might be in danger of exit. PCT is just not good enough to win consistently 4 , 5 matches on the trot against top teams with whatever players OP selects or any poster here selects. It's a fact. That's why say Goodbye to winning the WC.

Because he accused Rizwan of favouring team selection of favorites as if the players OP suggests would do anything different. The fault lies in the system in place which is just not good enough to produce top cricketers. Rizwan, Misbah blah blah are just coping mechanisms.

I see again and again CT win being brought up. Bhai this is a different format, much more rigorous. Here only top teams will proceed since you need to win lot more games to qualify. Look at South Africa. They lost to Ned still they are in top 2. While as with last year T20 WC format or CT format they might be in danger of exit. PCT is just not good enough to win consistently 4 , 5 matches on the trot against top teams with whatever players OP selects or any poster here selects. It's a fact. That's why say Goodbye to winning the WC.
He's the director. If someone else becomes the director and starts doing the same, I'll happy to accuse them.

Also misbah isn't a coping mechanism when he's coach, selector and chairman and we end up like this.

As soon as misbah left, we had a decent 2021 that was still ruined by babar's miserable SF innings

Before the foreign coaches came, Pakistan were losing left and right and even struggling against Zimbabwe but as soon as misbah leaves Pakistan ends moqa moqa lol

He's the director. If someone else becomes the director and starts doing the same, I'll happy to accuse them.

Also misbah isn't a coping mechanism when he's coach, selector and chairman and we end up like this.

As soon as misbah left, we had a decent 2021 that was still ruined by babar's miserable SF innings

Before the foreign coaches came, Pakistan were losing left and right and even struggling against Zimbabwe but as soon as misbah leaves Pakistan ends moqa moqa lol
With no Misbah we lost 5- 0 in NZ Odi series, lost to SL in UAE which never happened before. Why did that happen then? Misbah was nowhere in the picture.

With no Misbah we lost 5- 0 in NZ Odi series, lost to SL in UAE which never happened before. Why did that happen then? Misbah was nowhere in the picture.

Brother we can forever go back and forth on this but theirs no issues with misbah around then without.

He's not a coping mechanism if he called literally all shots at one point .

I think we have no choice but to make UAE our home again.

Teams won't be sending the main 11 to Pakistan and its no point playing against their B/C teams as this will do nothing for the progression of our cricket.

We can't waste another 4 years by playing against minnows or the third string sides of the major nations.

I don't understand this logic.

Even if the player's OP mentioned would have done the same, still favouring team selection is wrong.

It's not about what players are getting chosen.

It's about the process. The process of favoring someone while selecting.

It doesn't matter what the outcome are. Even if Pakistan had the greatest team on earth and would have won the world cup, still the issue remains same if someone is favoring from own agency. There's no leniency (should not be) depending upon the outcome of the process.

The start of the dark day begins today.

I'm still waiting for my post to be quoted

It may have been the start however the seeds were planted when Rizwan and Babar were given their international caps. That was the day the legacy of Misbah was stitched into us for the next decade
Rizwan’s cap was given by Misbah.

Babar’s cap was given by Azhar Ali (Misbah Jr).

It’s all connected.

At least it had good moments in regards to ODI WC, and the various T20I series.
The T20I drama would have ended in tears if India, Australia or England would have bothered to play a series vs Pakistan with their main players playing.

If there was a T20 World Cup in 2018-19 Pakistan wouldn’t have come close to winning it.

The T20I drama would have ended in tears if India, Australia or England would have bothered to play a series vs Pakistan with their main players playing.

If there was a T20 World Cup in 2018-19 Pakistan wouldn’t have come close to winning it.
Post-Sarfraz captains:

Babar couldn’t do it.

Shadab couldn’t do it. Failed on first try.

Post-Sarfraz captains:

Babar couldn’t do it.

Shadab couldn’t do it. Failed on first try.
Couldn’t do what? Babar took Pakistan to number 1 in ODIs by beating B and C sides just like Sarfraz did in T20Is.

Couldn’t do what? Babar took Pakistan to number 1 in ODIs by beating B and C sides just like Sarfraz did in T20Is.
We are talking about bilateral series wins. You know, actual concrete achievements. I don’t care about dubious rankings.

Sarfraz had that impressive T20I series streak. Babar/Shadab failed to even come close.

We are talking about bilateral series wins. You know, actual concrete achievements. I don’t care about dubious rankings.

Sarfraz had that impressive T20I series streak. Babar/Shadab failed to even come close.
Babar did in ODIs exactly what Sarf did in T20Is. Only difference is that the yawning captain was lucky there was no T20 WC during the 2018-19 period.

Babar did in ODIs exactly what Sarf did in T20Is. Only difference is that the yawning captain was lucky there was no T20 WC during the 2018-19 period.
Did Babar win 11 consecutive ODI series?

Not really. our failure in big tournaments is nothing new so not surprising or cause for total doom and gloom. The core squad is not bad, in fact it is a whole lot better than most we have had in the last 15 years. We have 3 established world class players (criticize them as much as you want and regardless of the performances here the top three are world class) and some really promising youngsters with more on the sidelines. people here argued in favor of experience when backing mediocrity but it is there for everyone to see what that has produced. We have always won big tournaments with big performances by new blood and players like Saim Zaman and Abrar would have definitely helped.

I still think with good captaincy and self belief this team can beat any other team and on a consistent basis BUT i don’t think that will happen given our rotten setup (which frankly is just a reflection of the overall state of the country). We will produce brilliance in patches and if ever by some miracle things align perfectly we will win a tournament once in a decade or two.

Did Babar win 11 consecutive ODI series?
11 or 21. They were worthless because they were against B and C sides. It wasn’t an achievement just like Babar’s team getting to number 1 on the back of B and C sides wasn’t an achievement.

11 or 21. They were worthless because they were against B and C sides. It wasn’t an achievement just like Babar’s team getting to number 1 on the back of B and C sides wasn’t an achievement.
I never said ranking is an achievement. I don’t why you’re so obsessed with it. Calm down.

Taking about bilateral series only. Babar is no way even close to achieving what Sarfraz did in winning series.

The day a Pak batsman gets caught on the boundary in the 90s all darkness will be lifted.

I don't understand this logic.

Even if the player's OP mentioned would have done the same, still favouring team selection is wrong.

It's not about what players are getting chosen.

It's about the process. The process of favoring someone while selecting.

It doesn't matter what the outcome are. Even if Pakistan had the greatest team on earth and would have won the world cup, still the issue remains same if someone is favoring from own agency. There's no leniency (should not be) depending upon the outcome of the process.
How can you say outcomes don't matter? Outcomes do matter. How do you then decide which players are better? There are countless examples where captains have gone on a gut feeling for players which have come good eventually. Remember Rohit Sharma till 2013. Was he not favoured over others?.

Some people will never learn. Every darling of the Pakistan team turns out to be very sly, sneaky etc

I remember back in the mid 2000s there were a lot of mdiocre players who were branded “badge kissers”, “team players” blah-di-blah 🥱- turned out over the years, a lot of them were involved in political manoeuvring, oathgate, underperforming to remove Younis khan, strong allegations of spot and match fixing etc etc.

And now you have the latest darling who is known to have a serious conflict of interest. But delusional people will keep trying to pain them as saints.

We will never move forward if we keep rewarding mediocrity and smilers

How can you say outcomes don't matter? Outcomes do matter. How do you then decide which players are better? There are countless examples where captains have gone on a gut feeling for players which have come good eventually. Remember Rohit Sharma till 2013. Was he not favoured over others?.
Having a gut feeling and promoting the players that your own talent company recruited are very different aspects.

That's why it has a special name.

Conflict of interest.

Imagine having replacing fakhar as your t20 opener for rizwan. And people have the audacity to tell me I'm character assassinating rizzu, and we aren't in the dark days.

If rizzu was such a Chad, why doesn't he step down the order to have your only God damn modern era opener bat?

What's stopping him? Isn't ye the one who gets to decide where to bat and which position?

Imagine having replacing fakhar as your t20 opener for rizwan. And people have the audacity to tell me I'm character assassinating rizzu, and we aren't in the dark days.

If rizzu was such a Chad, why doesn't he step down the order to have your only God damn modern era opener bat?

What's stopping him? Isn't ye the one who gets to decide where to bat and which position?
Honestly wouldn't make an iota of difference if Fakhar replace Rizwan as long as Babar is still their

To get our house into order, we need both thrown out of the team and replaced by Fakhar,, Sharjeel, Saim or Shan

Honestly wouldn't make an iota of difference if Fakhar replace Rizwan as long as Babar is still their

To get our house into order, we need both thrown out of the team and replaced by Fakhar,, Sharjeel, Saim or Shan
Bro we had fakhar and saim ayub playing in a single game, bit babar and rizwan still opened?

Like what?

Bro we had fakhar and saim ayub playing in a single game, bit babar and rizwan still opened?

Like what?
Thats why I said both need to be expelled for good.

Babar can go on to become some kind of domestic coach

Rizwan can continue managing his talent company

Pakistan can move foward

Everyone wins

Misbah would have shoved fakhar to no 7 and would put hafeez back at opening after shehzad's failure 😂😂

I have no doubt that Misbah would've misused Fakhar if he was Captain/Coach of the 2017 CT side. He would played him at number 6/7 according to his outdated standards. Anyone who plays a brand higher risk cricket according to him should be a lower order hitter.

Misbah fans will argue why wasn't Fakhar batting lower down the order when their hero was made Head Coach. The answer to that is simple. Fakhar was an established player by then. Having said that, Misbah still messed up as he was the architect of the Babar and Rizwan opening partnership in T20Is, when he demanded Fakhar to give up his opening spot to let Rizwan open. This opening partnership is the biggest factor as to why Pakistan have fallen short of winning the 2021 WT20, 2022 Asia Cup and 2022 WT20.

As I said earlier, even if Misbah had the same players in the 2017 CT, he would've failed in the same way as he failed in the previous edition. His defensive fields, bowling rotations and the batting order of his choice would've led to another group stage exit.

There's a reason why there is a complete contrast in fortunes between what happened in the 2013 and 2017 CT tournaments:

2013 CT
Host: England
Captain: Misbah
Outcome: Lost all matches including a game against India.

2017 CT
Captain: Sarfraz
Outcome: Brought the CT home after beating India in the final by 180 runs

I have no doubt that Misbah would've misused Fakhar if he was Captain/Coach of the 2017 CT side. He would played him at number 6/7 according to his outdated standards. Anyone who plays a brand higher risk cricket according to him should be a lower order hitter.

Misbah fans will argue why wasn't Fakhar batting lower down the order when their hero was made Head Coach. The answer to that is simple. Fakhar was an established player by then. Having said that, Misbah still messed up as he was the architect of the Babar and Rizwan opening partnership in T20Is, when he demanded Fakhar to give up his opening spot to let Rizwan open. This opening partnership is the biggest factor as to why Pakistan have fallen short of winning the 2021 WT20, 2022 Asia Cup and 2022 WT20.

As I said earlier, even if Misbah had the same players in the 2017 CT, he would've failed in the same way as he failed in the previous edition. His defensive fields, bowling rotations and the batting order of his choice would've led to another group stage exit.

There's a reason why there is a complete contrast in fortunes between what happened in the 2013 and 2017 CT tournaments:

2013 CT
Captain: Misbah
Outcome: Lost all matches including a game against India.

2017 CT
Captain: Sarfraz
Outcome: Brought the CT home after beating India in the final by 180 runs

Misbah fans will argue why wasn't Fakhar batting lower down the order

he was trying to get Rid of fakhar lol just like sarfi.

Pakistan under his Reign didn't play pdi much cause covid and 2021 and 2022 t20 world cups being shoved side by side so misbah wasn't around the t20 tenure.

Had Abdullah existed back then, Fakhsr would be pushed to no 6, and Abdullah and imam would open with Babar at 3, Rizwan at 4 and khusdil at 5, Fakhar at 6 and asif ali at 7 lol.

Rizwan opening makes zero sense In t20, and I'm tired of addressing the whole falhar wasn't performing argument.

Fakhar when he performs has a near perfect track record of winning games. Only game where he performed and Pakistan failed was sa 194 but quinton cheated and that game wasn't Fakhar's fault, you can't blame the guy when he was playing with tailenders lol. That's still a 96% win rate.

Rizzu when he performs has a disastrous win ratio. His innings in semi final of 2021 and Asia cup final is why we lost. Ironically when he doesn't perform we win. Minus today due to fakhar, Babar in this cup has a 100% loss ratio when scoring 50 or higher. Today we'd have lost if falhar wasn't their to make sure drs is >. Babar didn't even give a damn about drs, had no clue about drs lol 😂😂.

You don't replace an impactful X factor player for rizwan or Babar lol irrespective if their performing or not. If they aren't performing and need to be replaced, you find a more consistent X factor, plain and simple.

Fans here still defending Babar when Babar himself has already admitted inferiority to fakhar. Mr no 1 can't be the X factor, Mr no 1 states he needs falhar to babysit him for 20 overs to win. Babar's own words not mine

I kinda recieved alot of flak this week for my posts related to babar and rizzu. So I'm not gonna make any more babar and rizzu posts again until some new info comes up, but I think I should explain myself.

my issues with babar

Imo I think babar is a good bat. Poor against spin bit very solid against pace and he is a good bat for Pakistan, mickey was right, this guy should bat at no 3 in all formats for his team.

My issue with babar is mostly the media hype and fan obsession. Like guys he's an okay bat, don't turn him into kohli or claim he's the best Pakistan batsmen all time. Its a blatant lie, and I refuse to believe anyone with a straight face can logically say it.

The reason I despise babar, is because in countries like NZ, Aus, Eng, India, everyone okays for the team and knows their place, and they improve.

Babar's biggest complaint by fans was his lack of aggression, and instead of answering his fans calls, he promoted himself to opening at the expense of 2 X factors who were in the squad, Fakhar and Saim.

Babar is opening In t20 for 2 reason

1) It's the easiest place to bat, it's the place where you can take the longest time to settle whereas at no 3, if the openers get of to a good start he'll have to accelerate and keep up the tempo, an area he's not willing to improve.

it's gotten so bad that he refuses to even give it up in framchise psl leagues.

2) It's the easiest position to get t20 milestones and be leading run-scorers. If babar hinself admits fakhar is the x factor then why is fakahr at no 3? And it just sends a bad message. When the captain claims that fakhar is the X factor and is opening In t20, it means he himself is not willing to become the team X factor and play for personal milestones.

otherwise babar is fine, oh and he's a crap dosti yaari captain.

Here's my issue with rizwan

Rizzu is a gun keeper but he's not a humble guy. A humble guy is fakhar. A humble guy doesn't on media and cry about no 4 position or say things like I am practicing with a tennis ball for hard ball cricket or admits he's an actor for fake injuries.

Secondly for rizzu to accommodate him at 4, concessions have to be made and youngster pathways are blocked, case in point saud. And in t20 its fakhar.

It doesn't matter if fakhar is less then stellar in t20, you don't replace an X factor for a legside limited accumulator.

My issue with rizzu is that people need to stop pretending the guy is humble or is a team player. That honor belongs to fakhar for being the most humble, and most team player. Please don't take away credit from a tournament winner and give it to this clown.

I will always hate rizwan until and unless he starts playing for his team. For those saying sarfraz was crap, Rizzu > Sarfraz as an odi bat I agree. Sarfraz > in test yes, but odi wise rizzu > atm, but sarfraz played for the team 100%, check nadir ali's podcast on umar akmal and them on sarfraz and you'll understand. Sarfraz loves cricket, loves Pakistan and plays his best.

also mo he doesn't duck himself down the order, latham did the same for NZ game lol 😂. He just knows his position and knows when ira appropriate to send hafeez or imad in his place instead.

Can rizzu do that? Nope.

I am not a hater, just a truth spreader but go on ig. Regardless this is the last time I will be making a post on rizzu and Babar. Not gonna bother in such a sentimental and controversial topic.

Again, we are lacking a governing body, team management, and leadership.Pakistan Cricket will take years to come out of it.

Feeling sad about how we are derailing in comparison to other teams. No game awareness, no intentions to play modern-day cricket.

The way things are going on in Pakistan cricket, it will surely lower down everyone's morale and based on the current performances of the team we can about to face even more worst times ahead.

I saw Babar Azam in my dream tonight and I asked him about Saud Shakeel and he said to me why you send him to us he doesn't know how to play cricket and then I asked about Abdullah Shafiq and he praised him alot , HHH he was biased even in my dream.

(BTW this is no joke it's the actual dream I saw just few hours ago and described it here exactly what happened , thought it would be fun to share it here :D)

My issue with rizzu is that people need to stop pretending the guy is humble or is a team player. That honor belongs to fakhar for being the most humble, and most team player. Please don't take away credit from a tournament winner and give it to this clown.

I will always hate rizwan until and unless he starts playing for his team. For those saying sarfraz was crap, Rizzu > Sarfraz as an odi bat I agree. Sarfraz > in test yes, but odi wise rizzu > atm, but sarfraz played for the team 100%, check nadir ali's podcast on umar akmal and them on sarfraz and you'll understand. Sarfraz loves cricket, loves Pakistan and plays his best.

The most important thing is performance not being humble or personality. Sarfraz is a worse keeper and bat in every single format than Rizwan statistically. Even tests, Sarfraz underperformed for 4 years in a row there. He had a good test series recently, but the bulk of his test exploits happened many years ago, he didn’t keep up that standard. All about loving pakistan, but Sarfraz failed to keep himself fit as captain. It was of the good of the team and his own performance to keep himself fit and he did not do it. I don’t care about antics or personality of Rizwan. But it’s clear from a batting and especially keeping standpoint, Rizwan is a superior player compared to current Sarfraz. That’s all it is. Debating whether Sarfraz was better in say 2015 to current Rizwan is irrelevant.

I was a big fan of Sarfraz. But he just wasn’t the same player after taking on captaincy. The way people romanticise him is based off previous performance before captaincy and off a ct win which happened at the start. It reminds me of the same way some cry for Malik or Umar Akmal to come back. On pretend that Sharjeel is still that same player he was years ago. Things change, players lose fitness and lose form. If you compare stats for Sarfraz as captain, compared to rizwan, it’s a downright embarrassing comparison. In the same way, people who blame Rizwan somehow for Sarfraz losing his place, I don’t think Sarfraz exactly set the bar that high for his removal in the latter years before he was dropped.

Zaka Ashraf the Mohali orchestrator , Butt Akmal as selectors aka goodfellas and Mr. Hafeez Steyn's bunny as coach & Director, Shan Masood who might not find a place in Afghanistan XI is the Test captain, sums up Pakistan cricket

Back