Pakistan Squad for Ireland & England T20Is announced

Have Pakistan chosen the right squad for Ireland & England T20Is?

• Total voters
I believe Pakistan had discarded Usama and he won’t be going to play the WC. He got plenty of chances but didn’t improve. Not sure why they keep selecting Hassan Ali. He has no notable performances in limited overs cricket in recent past. Other than that it’s fine.

Saud Shakeel
M Ali
Asif Ali
Usama Mir
M Waseem Jnr
Farhan
Aamer Jamal
Bro Saud played as an opener for Quetta he s not getting in this side as an opener and isn't explosive in the middle order.

Muhammad Ali is a class bowler but realistically our top 4 pacers are going to be Shaheen, Naseem, Amir and Rauf so would be a bench warmer anyway.

Asif Ali has no recent performance behind him so that wasnt going to happen.

Wasim jr is who I would take if Rauf is out ahead of Hasan Ali

Farhan isnt international class

Aamir jamal with refinement will be class but missed out due to conditions and a stint at Warwickshire will boost his development.

Usama is one dimensional and missed out to Abrar s Mystery.

Why should hassan even be a backup?

You're not understanding this key point!

Naseem is injury prone and we don't know about Rauf.

Both M. Ali and Abbas are better than him.

If they wanted an A/R then why not Jamal?

Btw, Usama is a better bowler than Shadab right now and the other spin options.
Bro Hasan wont be going anyway because Rauf will be fit and realistically we will start with Amir, Shaheen and Naseem.

Wasim jr should be a Rauf back up in my opinion, He brings pace, striking skills with the bat and a gun fielder in the outfield.

The only game potentially Rauf will play in a 4 man attack is in NY and the weaker teams if we rest one of the Top 3.

Aamir jamal going to Warwickshire will refine his skills and help Pakistan in the long run. He missed out due to conditions.

Usama lack of variety and batting goes against him.

Shadab offers an all round package and is a gun fielder anywhere.

Teams are looking at lengthening the batting we cant afford a long tail.

Dropping Usama & Zaman wasn't a bad idea. You have Shadab Khan & Abrar Ahmed as the leggies & Abbas Afridi has leaped over Zaman Khan in the pecking order of the pacers.

However taking injured players regardless of passing fitness tests, is setting a bad precedent. What is worse about is 1 of these injured players is Haris Rauf, who for the last 2 years has been absolutely pathetic. What is more worse, his potential replacement isn't Mohammad Wasim Jnr, Arshad Iqbal, Mohammad Ali or even Mir Hamza, it's Hasan Ali..... WOW

A guy who has been terrible in T20s for awhile yet since he's in England, he gets a spot. SHOCKING.

Some of the selections have been mindbogglingly bad. What's the point of taking injured players when we all know, they will be in the squad for the tournament if they pass fit ahead of the 25th May deadline. Rizwan will be there, Azam Khan will be there, Irfan Khan Niazi might not for the limited games he could play & Haris who even fit, shouldn't be in the squad.

Azam khan has a slight chance of performing against Ireland but will fail against England for sure, how can they back him to take to WC is baffling

Irfan khan a natural athlete looked like a better player overall compared to Usman khan against the Kiwis

Happy to see him backed, good job selectors

Most of the squad picks itself.

There are at least 3-4 bowlers better than Hasan Ali so not sure how he got picked. Likely due to being well-liked in the dressing room and being friends with the captain.

Also not a fan of Azam Khan but they're going to force that no matter what.

Dropping Usama & Zaman wasn't a bad idea. You have Shadab Khan & Abrar Ahmed as the leggies & Abbas Afridi has leaped over Zaman Khan in the pecking order of the pacers.

However taking injured players regardless of passing fitness tests, is setting a bad precedent. What is worse about is 1 of these injured players is Haris Rauf, who for the last 2 years has been absolutely pathetic. What is more worse, his potential replacement isn't Mohammad Wasim Jnr, Arshad Iqbal, Mohammad Ali or even Mir Hamza, it's Hasan Ali..... WOW

A guy who has been terrible in T20s for awhile yet since he's in England, he gets a spot. SHOCKING.

Some of the selections have been mindbogglingly bad. What's the point of taking injured players when we all know, they will be in the squad for the tournament if they pass fit ahead of the 25th May deadline. Rizwan will be there, Azam Khan will be there, Irfan Khan Niazi might not for the limited games he could play & Haris who even fit, shouldn't be in the squad.

Even Mir Hamza would have been a better pick compared to Hasan Ali
I actaully dont mind Usama Mir too much. If it wasn't for him, we would have lost 3-1 to NZ

Is Abbas Afridi a better choice than Mohammad Ali? Does this mean we're reverting to favoritism? We are not selecting players based on performance in domestic cricket, but now are we no longer selecting players based on performance even in the PSL?
Abbas Afridi has done well and should not be dropped.

What's wrong with Ali? Just asking btw, I disagree because I saw Ali bowl in psl, but I'm probably missing something if you've noticed it.

Imo afridi is terrible at PP but decent when it comes to bowling outside the PP and the death. He has pace while shaheen doesn't
Did you just say Abbas Afridi has pace but Shaheen doesn't.

The only selection I don't agree with is Hassan Ali and Wasim Jnr or Ali should have been picked as back ups.

The only selection I don't agree with is Hassan Ali and Wasim Jnr or Ali should have been picked as back ups.
Wasim Jr is equally pathetic. We don't need any more bowlers as we already have plenty. I will add a batsman more likely Mohammad Haris because i am sure we wil be lacking in batting not in the bowling department.

He has made the most of whatever little opportunities he has gotten. Would be unfair to drop him.
yes but picking him wasn't really a smart decision either. Seems undercooked right now IMO. Was possibly only selected for his fitness in the Kakul camp.

Where are Mo.Harris and Sharjeel ?

Pakistan’s top order is well flopped. Key games will be done in the PP.

They are only good enough to beat on the bottom five.

Last edited by a moderator:
He needs control like Shadab Khan

Shadab doesn’t have control off the pitch to, hence 1st cousin Shaddi and hence extreme gussah when Babar wants to cut Cake with Usama once in a while.

Bro Hasan wont be going anyway because Rauf will be fit and realistically we will start with Amir, Shaheen and Naseem.

Wasim jr should be a Rauf back up in my opinion, He brings pace, striking skills with the bat and a gun fielder in the outfield.

The only game potentially Rauf will play in a 4 man attack is in NY and the weaker teams if we rest one of the Top 3.

Aamir jamal going to Warwickshire will refine his skills and help Pakistan in the long run. He missed out due to conditions.

Usama lack of variety and batting goes against him.

Shadab offers an all round package and is a gun fielder anywhere.

Teams are looking at lengthening the batting we cant afford a long tail.
hassan shouldn't be going even as backup.

Abbas is just as good with the bat, so no excuse to have hassan over him.

He isn't better than M. Ali as a bowler.

Are you saying playing county is more important than playing a WC for Pak?

Btw, Usama is actually very handy with the bat and even more than hassan.

Absolutely no reason to select him, despite you trying to give every excuse for his inclusion.

Everyone complaining about Hassan Ali. If only they can keep the same energy level on Ifthikhar too but they won’t . Hassan ali is a better player thn this useless Chacha

Last edited by a moderator:
hassan shouldn't be going even as backup.

Abbas is just as good with the bat, so no excuse to have hassan over him.

He isn't better than M. Ali as a bowler.

Are you saying playing county is more important than playing a WC for Pak?

Btw, Usama is actually very handy with the bat and even more than hassan.

Absolutely no reason to select him, despite you trying to give every excuse for his inclusion.
What I said was that Rauf will be fit and Hasan wont be going anyway but they put him as back up because of his experience in big games.

I also said I would of gone for Wasim jr instead of Hasan because of his pace, striking skills with the bat and out fielding but you completely discarded that because of your Hasan rant.

Squads are picked for a variety of reasons and 1 of them is bringing different skill sets to what we have which is why Abrar is in over Usama and rightly so.

Hasan has scored runs at international level with the bat and is way better with the bat than Abbas.

I'm sure he scored a quick 100 last season in the Quad trophy.

Abbas has the potential with the bat but Was jr is better right now than the 2.

Aamir jamal wasn't going to start a game which is why I said he s better of refining his skills at Warwickshire and being better in the long run for Pakistan.

The line up from 7 is very likely Shadab , Imad , Shaheen , Naseem, Amir.

Where is Jamal getting in.

Wasim Jnr discarded again without any reason and without getting proper chance. Shaheen, Aamir & Rauf are selected because of their reputation only. I don't think anyone can justify inclusion of Hasan Ali.

Iftikhar must have special connection in PCB, that's why he keeps getting selected without performance. Hope Acha Salam will be selected above Iftikhar

Wasim Jnr discarded again without any reason and without getting proper chance. Shaheen, Aamir & Rauf are selected because of their reputation only. I don't think anyone can justify inclusion of Hasan Ali.

Iftikhar must have special connection in PCB, that's why he keeps getting selected without performance. Hope Acha Salam will be selected above Iftikhar
Shaheen has earned his place. He has been one consistent spearhead pacer for Pakistan in all three formats and he has delivered the most across all events and tours

yes but picking him wasn't really a smart decision either. Seems undercooked right now IMO. Was possibly only selected for his fitness in the Kakul camp.
What has he done wrong? He had a very good PSL season and then scored quickly whenever he got a chance to play for Pakistan

Usama mir did not deserve to be included as already have shadab, abrar, imad and chachu as main spinners

Shaheen has earned his place. He has been one consistent spearhead pacer for Pakistan in all three formats and he has delivered the most across all events and tours
No sir. I would say Shaheen is slightly better than the rest but in last 2-3 years his performance has massively deteriorated and he is just playing based on old reputation. He won one T20 game against India in 2021WC, apart from this he has not delivered in any big tournament or series. He doesn't have any extraordinary performance in winning cause

A messed up sqaud , reeks inability injustice and nepotism no wonder we are a laughing stock in international cricket, Kirsten has his task cut out with had beens like Hassan Ali, Haris Rauf Etc etc

What I said was that Rauf will be fit and Hasan wont be going anyway but they put him as back up because of his experience in big games.

I also said I would of gone for Wasim jr instead of Hasan because of his pace, striking skills with the bat and out fielding but you completely discarded that because of your Hasan rant.

Squads are picked for a variety of reasons and 1 of them is bringing different skill sets to what we have which is why Abrar is in over Usama and rightly so.

Hasan has scored runs at international level with the bat and is way better with the bat than Abbas.

I'm sure he scored a quick 100 last season in the Quad trophy.

Abbas has the potential with the bat but Was jr is better right now than the 2.

Aamir jamal wasn't going to start a game which is why I said he s better of refining his skills at Warwickshire and being better in the long run for Pakistan.

The line up from 7 is very likely Shadab , Imad , Shaheen , Naseem, Amir.

Where is Jamal getting in.
Oh great! :facepalm:

His big game experience was so helpful against Aus in the Semi-final, when he got hammered for 44 runs and dropped a crucial catch.

He can be garbage, but "experience" will help him get in the squad.

What majority of fans don't realize is how Pak team's fortunes rely on a few players in LOIs usually.
Shaheen, Shadab, Fakhar. If these 3 do well, Pak usually ends up with a chance of winning that match. In the upcoming wt20, I expect one of Amir or Naseem to with them as well.

Our wt20i hopes will be reliant on these 4 players and how they do. If they fire, Pak will do well. If they don't, we'll have a dismal campaign. (I just want Pak to win the wt20i though regardless of who performs.)

Based of the comments I read, Qadir said Muhammad Haris and Usama Mir.

He briefly mentioned Mohammad Ali as well.
@PakEngFan

I finished reading the comments.

He thinks Injustice was done to Usama Mir and Muhammad haris.

However he briefly mentioned Shabzada farhan and Muhammad Ali on wanting them to be in the squad but he doesn't think Injustice was done to them and that better options are available.

He 100% thinks usama mir and Haris are being given an unfair treatment.

That's all the comments on twitter

Based of the comments I read, Qadir said Muhammad Haris and Usama Mir.

He briefly mentioned Mohammad Ali as well.
Usama mir got a million chances and flopped. Mohammad harris flopped the whole Psl even though I want him in the team. There is no injustice done to anyone.

@PakEngFan

I finished reading the comments.

He thinks Injustice was done to Usama Mir and Muhammad haris.

However he briefly mentioned Shabzada farhan and Muhammad Ali on wanting them to be in the squad but he doesn't think Injustice was done to them and that better options are available.

He 100% thinks usama mir and Haris are being given an unfair treatment.

That's all the comments on twitter
I replied to this. Usama is garbage as he proved whenever he's played for Pakistan. Haris didn't do anything in PSL. There is no injustice. I would still pick haris .

Usama mir got a million chances and flopped. Mohammad harris flopped the whole Psl even though I want him in the team. There is no injustice done to anyone.
Bro, I just told you what Usman Qadir said cause you asked?

Imo I agree with your take on usama mir bit not on haris. I feel he should have been selected over hasebullah once azam was injured and he should have been given 2 or 3 games.

Bro, I just told you what Usman Qadir said cause you asked?

Imo I agree with your take on usama mir bit not on haris. I feel he should have been selected over hasebullah once azam was injured and he should have been given 2 or 3 games.
I agree with I meant there was no injustice. I agree with you on haris too. He's million times better than haseebullah.

I agree with I meant there was no injustice. I agree with you on haris too. He's million times better than haseebullah.
In the comments section, Qadir didn't explain why their was Injustice.

Basically qadir wrote their was Injustice done.

A fan replied in urdu laughing at him and saying that he should stop complaining that Injustice was done to him.

Qadir replied with "I am not talking about myself"

Then a fan replied with then who are you talking about?

Qadir then said one of them is Muhammad Haris.

Another fan then asked, is the other Usama Mir?

And Qadir said Yes.

After that another fan asked him if he thinks shabzada farhan and Ali should have been selected and qadir in dms just said Yes but their better options.

After that he stopped replying to any comment or any dms message.

What has he done wrong? He had a very good PSL season and then scored quickly whenever he got a chance to play for Pakistan
If a middle order batter was required and PSL was the criterion, then I would say Haider Ali did better than Irfan and won IU more matches in PSL while batting at no.5-6 (even though I don't rate Haider and think he's brainless)

Rizwan
Saim
Babar
Fakhar
Iftikhar
Shadab
Imad
SSA
Naseem
Amir
Abrar
-------------
Playing XI has a long tail not ideal.for T20 cricket
Bench: Azam,Usman,HR,Irfan,A.Afridi,Hassan

Stunned that 2x cannon fodders Rauf and Hassan in the squad , lack of quality middle order batsman is apparent

If a middle order batter was required and PSL was the criterion, then I would say Haider Ali did better than Irfan and won IU more matches in PSL while batting at no.5-6 (even though I don't rate Haider and think he's brainless)
It is a criterion. But we're talking about a player who has not put a foot wrong. Why should he be dropped?

It is a criterion. But we're talking about a player who has not put a foot wrong. Why should he be dropped?
I respect your opinion. But I don't have much faith in him whether he'll be able to shoulder the responsibility of finishing off matches in the upcoming wt20i for us. In future, definitely, hopefully he'll develop.

I respect your opinion. But I don't have much faith in him whether he'll be able to shoulder the responsibility of finishing off matches in the upcoming wt20i for us. In future, definitely, hopefully he'll develop.
I'm not sold on him either. But right now he has done much better than both Azam Khan and Usman Khan. If it was between him and those two, I'd take him.

Ifthikhar Chacha Useless! Is a waste of space in the squad. When we will learn he is not an international player! He is a local street tape ball player

Rizwan
Saim
Babar
Fakhar
Iftikhar
Shadab
Imad
SSA
Naseem
Amir
Abrar
-------------
Playing XI has a long tail not ideal.for T20 cricket
Bench: Azam,Usman,HR,Irfan,A.Afridi,Hassan

Stunned that 2x cannon fodders Rauf and Hassan in the squad , lack of quality middle order batsman is apparent
Why Ifthikhar what not Salman? What do u see in Ifthikhar. Pull out his last 3-4 games. Show me where he did well to deserve a spot.

I think Salman has made his way into the team because he can replace Iftikhar. He can bowl as well so there is no real difference between these two. Salman is more of a middle-order batter than IFtikhar but it does not really matters because 1-4 is already settled so the only spots left are 5 and 6 so Salman can easily take number 5 with imad at 6.

Iftikhar's form is not good so he should be rested in the upcoming games to test Salman at that number now.

Pakistan men’s team player support personnel for Ireland and England tours:

Wahab Riaz (senior team manager), Mansoor Rana (team manager), Azhar Mahmood (head coach for Ireland and assistant coach for England after Gary Kirsten* joins the side), Mohammad Yousuf (batting coach), Aftab Khan (fielding coach), Cliffe Deacon (physiotherapist), Irtaza Komail (chief security officer), Mohammad Imran (masseur), Mohammad Khurram Sarwar (team doctor), Talha Ijaz (analyst), Raza Kitchlew (media and digital manager) and Drikus Saaiman (strength and conditioning coach).

*Gary Kirsten will join the side immediately after completing his assignment in India. Until he joins the side, Azhar Mahmood will perform the responsibilities of head coach.

PCB

I'm not sold on him either. But right now he has done much better than both Azam Khan and Usman Khan. If it was between him and those two, I'd take him.
Azam shouldn't be there but Wahab Riaz will make sure he is in the wt20i squad so he's going to be there unless injured because of his *potential*
Usman khan was probably the best batter in psl this season and he gave up his uae perks for pak t20i call up (which i personally think he'll end up regretting). But he hasn't looked like international material since his debut. Maybe it's the nerves. But he needs to either up his game or he'll regret his decision.

Pakistan men’s team player support personnel for Ireland and England tours:

Wahab Riaz (senior team manager), Mansoor Rana (team manager), Azhar Mahmood (head coach for Ireland and assistant coach for England after Gary Kirsten* joins the side), Mohammad Yousuf (batting coach), Aftab Khan (fielding coach), Cliffe Deacon (physiotherapist), Irtaza Komail (chief security officer), Mohammad Imran (masseur), Mohammad Khurram Sarwar (team doctor), Talha Ijaz (analyst), Raza Kitchlew (media and digital manager) and Drikus Saaiman (strength and conditioning coach).

*Gary Kirsten will join the side immediately after completing his assignment in India. Until he joins the side, Azhar Mahmood will perform the responsibilities of head coach.

PCB
WAhab riaz needs to be kept away from the squad

The Pakistan cricket team’s tour of Ireland/England updates:

The Pakistan cricket team has started preparations for the tour of Ireland and England at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.

The players practice bowling and batting on the net along with physical and fielding drills.

PCB

1iVfDLB.jpeg

The Pakistan cricket team’s tour of Ireland/England updates:

The Pakistan cricket team has started preparations for the tour of Ireland and England at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.

The players practice bowling and batting on the net along with physical and fielding drills.

PCB

1iVfDLB.jpeg

It seems Imad is supervising training but not participating in the training itself.

pkDV3e1.png

HOurCyE.png

21qEiWN.png

Aftab bowling coach. We will see lots of drop catches. Looks like PCB doesn't really care much about fielding.
M Yousuf is a terrible batting coach.

Team Green's training continues as they will be looking to sweep the series against Ireland coming up in few days. Shaheen is looking pretty serious.

rAouVvE.png

fKfOQE9.png

3I9hTKM.png

It is easy to hit the balls over the top when it is a bowling machine against you. Sound off the bat is good though.

Glad to see no usama full toss mir. Guy is a minnow level bowler and not the best of fielders. Shadab is way better.

And also hasan ali is a mistake. But pretty sure he wont be travelling to the usa with the squad. Rauf naseem and all will be fit

Oh great! :facepalm:

His big game experience was so helpful against Aus in the Semi-final, when he got hammered for 44 runs and dropped a crucial catch.

He can be garbage, but "experience" will help him get in the squad.
Show me a player who hasn't gone for runs or dropped catches during an important match.

He s also the same player that won important games and was a key figure in CT17.

Show me a player who hasn't gone for runs or dropped catches during an important match.

He s also the same player that won important games and was a key figure in CT17.
Yeah, bring up performances from 7 years ago. :facepalm:

He can be the worst bowler, but the CT performance 7 years ago means he should still be in the team (also a different format).

He got hammered in the WC as well.

The squad selected will be your World cup the three players that do not make the 15 will be the three players who will be in the travelling reserves. Unless a major injury we can see a small change in the squad.

I Have some issues in the squad

Azam Khan should be no where the team not in the 15, not in the reserves nothing he will lose you more games than you win some

Hasan Ali-if you were going to drop zaman and need and need a back up for Haris Rauf than should have went with anyone else, Wasim Jnr, Mohammad Ali , Aamer Jamal, Mir Hamza, anyone but Hasan Ali.

Chacha is not going anywhere although he is good to have as part time bowler his batting and reflexes have not been the same and I feel he will cost some games too in a perfect world he should not be selected

Haris Rauf, I am a big a fan but he gives up lots of runs and what not in form, he will lose you games, in fact Amir coming into the attack with Naseem and Shaheen is really solid and Amir is a smart bowler. If drop in pitches do offer pace and bounce yes it can help Haris, but Amir is still the better the bowler, and Haris should have not been selected.

Based on the 18 squad PCB selected this would be my final 15 and 3 travelling reserves

BabarAzam (captain)
Abrar Ahmed
Fakhar Zaman
Haris Rauf
Iftikhar Ahmed
Imad Wasim
Abbas Afridi
Mohammad Amir
Mohammad Rizwan
Naseem Shah
Saim Ayub
Salman Ali Agha
Shadab Khan
Shaheen Shah Afridi
Usman Khan

Travel Reserves
Ifran Khan
Azam Khan
Hasan Ali

Yeah, bring up performances from 7 years ago. :facepalm:

He can be the worst bowler, but the CT performance 7 years ago means he should still be in the team (also a different format).

He got hammered in the WC as well.
Your just creating a needless hype for the sake it.

Its ok for you to mention a dropped catch a few years ago but if I bring up where he has performed that was time ago.

I've stated on multiple posts I would of gone for Wasim jr but your hell bent on berating Hasan even though its highly unlikely hell be going because Rauf will be fit.

The squad selected will be your World cup the three players that do not make the 15 will be the three players who will be in the travelling reserves. Unless a major injury we can see a small change in the squad.

I Have some issues in the squad

Azam Khan should be no where the team not in the 15, not in the reserves nothing he will lose you more games than you win some

Hasan Ali-if you were going to drop zaman and need and need a back up for Haris Rauf than should have went with anyone else, Wasim Jnr, Mohammad Ali , Aamer Jamal, Mir Hamza, anyone but Hasan Ali.

Chacha is not going anywhere although he is good to have as part time bowler his batting and reflexes have not been the same and I feel he will cost some games too in a perfect world he should not be selected

Haris Rauf, I am a big a fan but he gives up lots of runs and what not in form, he will lose you games, in fact Amir coming into the attack with Naseem and Shaheen is really solid and Amir is a smart bowler. If drop in pitches do offer pace and bounce yes it can help Haris, but Amir is still the better the bowler, and Haris should have not been selected.

Based on the 18 squad PCB selected this would be my final 15 and 3 travelling reserves

BabarAzam (captain)
Abrar Ahmed
Fakhar Zaman
Haris Rauf
Iftikhar Ahmed
Imad Wasim
Abbas Afridi
Mohammad Amir
Mohammad Rizwan
Naseem Shah
Saim Ayub
Salman Ali Agha
Shadab Khan
Shaheen Shah Afridi
Usman Khan

Travel Reserves
Ifran Khan
Azam Khan
Hasan Ali
Your a joker.

You liked @Barragan s post and then put Hasan in your reserves.:eek:

Your a joker.

You liked @Barragan s post and then put Hasan in your reserves.:eek:
You didnt read what I wrote. I said if I have to go with the 18 selected (i clearly said based on the 18 players selected)this would be my 15 and my 3 reserves based on this 18 squad world cup less than 1 month away PCB is not going to make a lot of changes.

If I had my way chacha, hasan ali, azam khan would not be in the squad nor in the reserves

Back