Pakistan Under-19s defeat Sri Lanka Under-19s 3-2 in One-Day away series

If this kid Ruhail isn't picked for the squad immediately after the WC, then there is absolutely no point of this series - it's as useless as those talunt hunting jokes.

Rizwan/Umer Siddique next in line after Sarfraz

Rizwan/Umer Siddique next in line after Sarfraz

Then result will be same in 2023 - PAK trying to keep a 30+ WK born as 5-7 years old kid. Unless, that's factored for WKs, history will repeat it self. Umer Siddique was never that good (even poorer with gloves), while Rizwan is going though his peak for last 1-2 years, will be there for next 3-4 years when Sarfraz will be huffing & puffing .... then they'll make Rizwan WK at "official" 30+ and Ruhail will be in contention......... for 5 years. Ideally, Sarfraz should have been sidelined by 2017, and Rizwan taking lead, by 2020, Sarfaraz dumped and a young kid (this time Ruhail), takes the seat on bench

Kid is officially 17 - that's the perfect age for PAK youngsters to be drafted in squad .... Wasim, WY, Aaquib were all also 17 on debut and it worked brilliantly - don't see any reason to change the T&T method.

Do you really think any of these guys would've scored @ 110-130 strike rate if the wicket was flat as a marble?

well i have not seen them bat on''flat pitches''so cannot comment on it.What i have saw so far in the series apart from first 10 overs the bowl doesn,t come on to bat easily so was just pointing out that factor.

If you have already write them off on flat pitches on current series than it is not true

well i have not seen them bat on''flat pitches''so cannot comment on it.What i have saw so far in the series apart from first 10 overs the bowl doesn,t come on to bat easily so was just pointing out that factor.

If you have already write them off on flat pitches on current series than it is not true

Under 19 World Cup can be a good reference point. Given that someone like Rohail Nazir, who is the best batter in this 11, failed miserably on better surfaces of Australia and New Zealand, I'm skeptical to the idea that this lot would do any better on better surfaces.

Under 19 World Cup can be a good reference point. Given that someone like Rohail Nazir, who is the best batter in this 11, failed miserably on better surfaces of Australia and New Zealand, I'm skeptical to the idea that this lot would do any better on better surfaces.

last year i was checking some stats of these u19 kids in domestic and i was shocked some players performances was terrible yet they was selected for main side .On the contrary there were atleast 3 bowler in top 4 and 3 batsmen in top 5 who deserves a chance yet they could not make to worldcup.
squad .

i don.t rate rohail batting i have watched him many time and he is same mould of sarfraz ahmed gritty batsmen with zero power hitting.he is back by strong lobby from islamabad region which is very keen to push him up in the rank .

[MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION] another good show from capatin, I am convinced that he need to be given chances post WC.

So SL cricket is in real shamble, their juniors losing even to Pakistan.

[MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION] another good show from capatin, I am convinced that he need to be given chances post WC.

But, he must be allowed to bat at top, whenever he gets his chance - preferably as opener or one down (Babar moves up), but now lower than 4. He is not a no. 6-7 blaster.

I dont think he is going to get chance so soon

Rizwan will definitely get his chance first

Sri Lanka U19 won the toss and elected to bat first

b170fd85-ed36-4411-9252-1d37e5d5aca8.jpg7b964aea-1516-46c2-a9e4-1fce645e101f.jpg

Both Rohail Nazir and Haidar Ali look extremely fit, especially Rohail who has very broad shoulders. They obviously spend alot of time in gym.

PCB should make 3-4 days in gym mandatory and the results should be visible. That is the only way they will compete with the biggest in internatiional cricket.

Last edited:
Rohail Nazir played really well, aggressive cricket.

But once again he fails to finish off the game and he is run out. He is quick but lacks understanding of running between the wickets.

And there falls another wicket. This is why it is so important to finish the match. Now it’s up to Haidar Ali.

Pakistan som by 7 wickets and has also won the series. Leading 3-1 with one game to og.

Haidar Ali is a real talent, making 96 from 92 balls and taking Pak home with 15 overs remaiming.

Pakistan som by 7 wickets and has also won the series. Leading 3-1 with one game to og.

Haidar Ali is a real talent, making 96 from 92 balls and taking Pak home with 15 overs remaiming.

Yes definitely looks very good plus does seem to have some power too and can play both on led side as well as off.

Nice. Does he have power game?
We desperately need such players

Pretty good performance by Pak U19. Good to see some decent talent in batting coming as well, need proper grooming and should be given a full first class season to the likes of Haider Ali and also Rohail Nazir. Rohail only played 4 QAE matches last year in which he did pretty decent and now looks much better player. So I believe young players should be given as much FC cricket as possible. India has done the same thing with Pant, Shaw, Gill etc unfortunately we haven’t given some of the youngsters as many oppurtunities in FC.

Pretty good performance by Pak U19. Good to see some decent talent in batting coming as well, need proper grooming and should be given a full first class season to the likes of Haider Ali and also Rohail Nazir. Rohail only played 4 QAE matches last year in which he did pretty decent and now looks much better player. So I believe young players should be given as much FC cricket as possible. India has done the same thing with Pant, Shaw, Gill etc unfortunately we haven’t given some of the youngsters as many oppurtunities in FC.

Agreed and hopefully on pitches that last 4 days

Is this the same Sri Lanka U19 team that faced in India last year?

They played well against India and won a few games.

I saw some of the batting of Nazir and Ali and both look real prospects. Let them develop through opportunity at the FC level

I remember haider ali i think i saw a video of his on youtube. A tea seller i think he was.

Haider and Rohail star as Pakistan U19 take unbeatable 3-1 lead

•Haider scores 93 not out, Rohail contributes 69 as Pakistan U19 beat Sri Lanka U19 in fourth match by seven wickets

Lahore, 2 June 2019:

Opener Haider Ali and captain Rohail Nazir stroked excellent half-centuries as Pakistan U19 defeated Sri Lanka U19 by seven wickets in the fourth 50-over match to take an unbeatable 3-1 lead in Hambantota on Sunday.

Haider Ali returned undefeated on 93, while Rohail continued his rich run of form when he was run-out for 69 as Pakistan U19 achieved the 196-run target for the loss of three wickets inside 35 overs.

Haider’s 95-ball innings sparkled seven fours and a six, while Rohail, whose other scores in the series have been 47, 87 and 76, struck eight fours in an another elegant outing at the crease.

The two batsmen added 117 runs for the second wicket after Basit Ali, playing his first game, had departed with 11 runs on the scorecard without opening his account.

Following Rohail’s run-out at the score of 128, Mohammad Taha also left two balls later before Qasim Akram (29 not out) joined Haider to take his side over the line.

Earlier, Shiraz Khan and Mohammad Wasim took two wickets apiece conceding 34 and 42 runs, respectively as Sri Lanka managed 195 for eight in 50 overs after electing to bat first.

For the home side, opener Thaveesha Kahaduwaarachchi and Avishka Tharindu excelled with the bat.

Kahaduwaarachchi scored a sedate 116-ball 64 with four fours, while Tharindu’s 79-ball 50 included one four. The two batsmen added 61 runs for the fifth wicket after Sri Lanka had slipped to 94 for four inside 25 overs.

Sri Lanka had won the opening match of the five-match series by 26 runs, before Pakistan U19 won three in a row by three wickets, five wickets and today by seven wickets to take a 3-1 lead.

The last match of the series will be played on 5 June.

Fourth 50-over match - Pakistan U19 beat Sri Lanka U19 by seven wickets

Scores in brief:

Sri Lanka U19 195-8, 50 overs (Thaveesha Kahaduwaarachchi 64, Avishka Tharindu 50; Shiraz Khan 2-34, Mohammad Wasim 2-42)

Pakistan U19 196-3, 34.5 overs (Haider Ali 93 not out, Rohail Nazir 69, Qasim Akram 29 not out)

Pakistan_u19_02_June_2019_01.jpg
Pakistan_u19_02_June_2019_02.jpg
Pakistan_u19_02_June_2019_03.jpg

Sri Lanka U19 won the toss and elected to field first

641c8862-0cfa-4727-a91b-1f99ab2ebc0e.jpg6ad476d4-79a9-4072-beb7-e5e3de537800.jpg8798ea4e-36be-4cce-8a62-71e034e6e6ce.jpg

Last edited:
Why aren't we selecting pace AR?

I don't think there has been a decent AR at this level in recent times. Guys like Nawaz and Hasan Khan are just not good enough. A good AR is the most basic for the ODI, it balances the whole team.

This Mohammed Wasim guy is an intresting fast bowler. Generates good bounce and pace and bowls almost exactly like Salman Irshad

Sri Lanka U19 earns consolation win, Pakistan claims series 3-2

•Captain Rohail Nazir declared player of the series

Lahore, 5 June 2019:

Captain Kamil Mishara and Ravindu Rasantha put on 132 runs for the third wicket to guide Sri Lanka U19 to a five-wicket victory over Pakistan U19 in the fifth and last 50-over match in Hambantota on Wednesday. Pakistan won the series 3-2.

Mishra scored 87 and Rasantha contributed 85 as Sri Lanka U19 achieved the 265-run target for the loss of five wickets with 19 balls to spare.

The two batsmen had joined hands after their side had slipped to 43 for two. The partnership ended at the score of 175 when Rasantha departed, becoming Shiraz Khan’s second scalp. Mishra fell at the score of 258, becoming Mohammad Wasim’s second wicket, but by that time the match was firmly within Sri Lanka’s control.

Mishra’s 118-ball innings included five fours, while Rasantha was more punishing – hitting 13 fours in a 67-ball outing.

Pakistan captain, Rohail Nazir, who was later declared player of the series, reflecting on the series, said: “We played good consistent cricket throughout the series. Our bowlers were slightly behind in the final game, but overall, they bowled very well and that is reflected in the series result.

“It has been a competitive series, which has provided players from either side invaluable experience and exposure. Apart from acquiring cricket knowledge, we have made good friends on this trip who will remain with us for a very long time.

“On behalf of the Pakistan cricket team, I want to thank Sri Lanka Cricket for the way they have looked after us. It has been a memorable experience and I am sure all of us would want to return to this country with our senior sides.”

Earlier, put into bat, Pakistan posted an impressive 264 for seven that revolved around half-centuries from Basit Ali, Haris Khan and Qasim Akram, and another useful contribution from the in-form wicketkeeper-batsman Rohail Nazir.

Basit Ali came back strongly after a disappointing first-ball duck on his debut, with an impressive 56 from 82 balls with seven fours. After Haider Ali (five) departed at the score of six, Basit added 81 runs for the second wicket with Rohail, who contributed a 59-ball 41 with four fours to finish the series with 320 runs including three half-centuries.

Haris Khan and Qasim Akram then continued the momentum with stroke-full innings.

Haris clubbed five fours in a 47-ball 54, while Qasim struck two fours and a six in a 54-ball 51. A late flurry by Mohammad Junaid (run-a-ball 22 with two fours) ensured Pakistan posted a decent score on the board.

Sri Lanka had won the opening match by 26 runs, before Pakistan won three match on the trot by three, five and seven wickets, respectively.

Fifth 50-over match – Sri Lanka U19 beat Pakistan U19 by five wickets

Scores in brief:

Pakistan U19 264-7, 50 overs (Basit Ali 56, Haris Khan 54, Qasim Akram 51, Rohail Nazir 41, Mohammad Junaid 22; Dilshan Madushanka 3-45)

Sri Lanka U19 267-5, 46.5 overs (Kamil Mishara 87, Ravindu Rasantha 85, Avishka Tharindu 40 not out; Mohammad Wasim 2-39, Shiraz Khan 2-47)

Player of the series – Rohail Nazir

Pakistan won five-match series 3-2.

Pakistan_U19_05_June_2019_01.jpg
Pakistan_U19_05_June_2019_02.jpg
Pakistan_U19_05_June_2019_03.jpg

Just read an article, apparently it was because of this tour the Sri Lankan board are in favor for cricket returning to Pakistan.

They appreciate the fact that Pakistan u19 toured after the easter bombings

Back