Pakistan v Australia | 1st T20I | Abu Dhabi | October 24, 2018 | Pakistan innings

This is where you need batsmen who can innovate and play reverse sweeps etc. Field setting is very leg side packed. Boundaries are on offer on the off-side

Name top teams that Rashid Khan has run though.

Every team is dominating with spinners, particularly wrist spinner - Tahir, Kuldeep, Chahal, Adil, Shamshi...... Shadab isn't a bad option, because he fields well & can bat; but PAK should look to move on at least 1 genuine spinner. Imad was good in T20I couple of years back, not sure about now.

When NZ comes, I hope Sodhi doesn't make you eat your words.

Every team is dominating with spinners, particularly wrist spinner - Tahir, Kuldeep, Chahal, Adil, Shamshi...... Shadab isn't a bad option, because he fields well & can bat; but PAK should look to move on at least 1 genuine spinner. Imad was good in T20I couple of years back, not sure about now.

When NZ comes, I hope Sodhi doesn't make you eat your words.

I haven't denied the importance of spinners in T20 but I am saying that for now, Imad and Shadab are doing the job sufficiently and I am not sure who can do a better job apart from Zafar, who isn't on the radar.

I haven't denied the importance of spinners in T20 but I am saying that for now, Imad and Shadab are doing the job sufficiently and I am not sure who can do a better job apart from Zafar, who isn't on the radar.

There is no issue with selecting Shadab and Imad but they aren't front line spinners. That's my issue. I like Imad for T20s but it's wrong on him to expect him to do a job of a front line spinner when he is someone to keep things right.

Cut the guy some slack, those were two nasty balls. Who else do you expect in the 'Pakistan' batting line up to deal with those two nasty balls. He is still out there so its not like he got out

He simply does not deserve to be in the team. Bashing a couple of sixes against Zampa full tosses doesn't change that.

The top order is simply not good enough, I'd much rather put someone like Asif Ali at 3, even.

Pakistan need to find good t20 players , guys like hussain talat arent international standard.

There is no issue with selecting Shadab and Imad but they aren't front line spinners. That's my issue. I like Imad for T20s but it's wrong on him to expect him to do a job of a front line spinner when he is someone to keep things right.

I'm talking about stuff like this:

"Shadab ,Imad ,and Hafeez are support spinners. They aren't frontline spinners like Zampa and those spinners on top of the rankings."

Shadab is number 2 and Imad was number 1 until he got injured. :))

Last edited by a moderator:

True - problem is not in selecting Imad, problem is not trying any other options when he was out.

Critical situation - ideally Asif should come, but he is a dud against spin & I am sure Aussies know that.

Asif the certified hack backed by the great Mickey... he can't play Zampa and I was hoping he ll spank billy

Asif Ali is either all or nothing. Needs to work on his game against spin.

Thats the ugliest lbw dismissal a genuine batsman can get. How inept is he against spin?

Asif Ali playing in a national side must be a joke. Mickey do u even know what it takes to play top level cricket

What is so special about Asif Ali?

Hitting those sixes aginst Hasan Ali in the PSL seemed to have been enough for him to be called up.

To be fair he's one of our few clean hitters - but his game against spin is weak.

Do Team management even consider faheem ashraf a hitter? Why don't they give him chance to bat up the oder?

Hitting those sixes aginst Hasan Ali in the PSL seemed to have been enough for him to be called up.

To be fair he's one of our few clean hitters - but his game against spin is weak.

Only when the ball is in his V rest he is garbage.

i wonder what happens to babar azam when he gets a go in red ball cricket.

What is wrong with Talat :(

Nothing - it's just not fair to send him at this point with 30 balls left & 7 wickets at hand with one set batsman at one end. In T20, only top 3 spots are for batsmen, if they give you a good start, don't push regular batsmen, rather good, clean hitters as long as the set man can rotate strike every ball.

why send Asif at #4 at 14th over? :facepalm: He should be coming around 17th over

Hussain Talat is more suited to ODI cricket. Struggles to hit out when needed.

Lol what a stupid shot from Faheem first ball :))) how stupid is he?

Back