Pakistan v Australia | First Test | Day 3: Session 1 | Lord's | 15/07/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricfan967

ODI Debutant
Runs
Australia lead by 205 runs and are 4 down.
Pakistan will be hoping for some early inroads to restrict Australia to as low of a score as they can.

shukriya...mein kisi k thread banane ka intezaar ker rha tha....:)

salam and morning everyone....

sab se pehle weather update please???????

thankyou guys...
so no rain then ...looks like the match will finish today

Katich will be impotant wicket!.....Take him and attack our best im sure afiridi can do it today.....INSHALLAH! ! !

Forgot that this was on. So horror pitch, crap batting, good bowling or a combination of the 3?

someone will have to bowl the spell of a lifetime if we are to stand any chance in this game...if they get even one partnership going, then I'm afraid it's all over.

Ponting must not be confident about his batting lineup if he's sending in a player like mitchell johnson to bat.

gullah was looking dangerous yesterday only if we had a few more overs....

Take back what I said yesterday. This game is still alive, need somebody to bowl the spell of their lives and keep Australia under 200; then we'll need a masterclass from someone with the bat to get close to the win.

And OZGOD the pitch isn't a horror one, the conditions have just been brilliant for seam bowling throughout the game.

Strike! said:
Ponting must not be confident about his batting lineup if he's sending in a player like mitchell johnson to bat.

Night watchman. Didn't want Gul to take another wicket while he was on song.

Wicket will only get better, Pakistan are by no means out if they can bat sensible. Hopefully they won't be chasing more than 300 and it's anyone's game really.

Strike! said:

Marcus North was on a pair, probably a better idea to save him from a rampant Umar Gul, and that too in fading light.

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
someone will have to bowl the spell of a lifetime if we are to stand any chance in this game...if they get even one partnership going, then I'm afraid it's all over.
Its already over I think.

200 is too big for us to chase unless Umar Akmal scores most of the runs.

Butt is probably due a "failure" now. And no one else is good enough to last in these conditions.

Or I could be completely wrong ;-)

Even though we got rolled over for 148 yesterday, I think the low total overshadowed the fact that Australia had only gotten a 100 run lead, not TOO extreme given our recent history against the side.

We can only pray now :moyo

Australia will surely make a hundred runs more so the question is: Can Pakistan chase down a target of 300 runs?

Poison said:
Even though we got rolled over for 148 yesterday, I think the low total overshadowed the fact that Australia had only gotten a 100 run lead, not TOO extreme given our recent history against the side.

We can only pray now :moyo
A 100 run lead is not much when teams are scoring 400. But when Australia struggled to get to 250, then 100 is a big marging to make up. Will need a mega effort with the ball and an even greater improvement with the bat.

Nice-N-Fresh said:
Australia will surely make a hundred runs more so the question is: Can Pakistan chase down a target of 300 runs?
We all know the answer to that in our hearts.

Anyway, as the man said... time to pray! :)

genghis81 said:
A 100 run lead is not much when teams are scoring 400. But when Australia struggled to get to 250, then 100 is a big marging to make up. Will need a mega effort with the ball and an even greater improvement with the bat.

In the end 100 runs is 100 runs. We can put that batting performance down to some good bowling in the conditions, if the sun comes out we'll need to bowl very very well and count on our top 4 to produce something when the ball is a bit older.

Hussey was the only real threat , I'm well sure that North , Paine and Smith won't last long .

We gotta get them below 150 , and then afterwords bat out of our skins to chase that total .

I think this wicket will become easier to bat on.

While we are in a good position, our gun batters are already out. Could be interesting.

This match aint going 5 days though.

Random Aussie said:
While we are in a good position, our gun batters are already out.
Katich has been (unsurprisingly in these conditions) your best batter this Test. He's still there.

North is bound to score sometime. I wouldn't underestimate Smith, Paine, or even Johnson either. Like someone said, a partnership around 50+ and we're toast.

ShehryarK said:
Katich has been (unsurprisingly in these conditions) your best batter this Test. He's still there.

Yes but he rarely does more than score fifties.

Katich is the one to get. Get Katich, and North comes in.. a walking wicket for Asif, or even Aamer. Paine and Smith (shouldn't) last long at all if we bowl well. But I still would place my bet on Australia if Pakistan are to chase anything over 200.. which they already are going to be. :D

ShehryarK said:

katich has been lucky to survive tbh...aamer & asif continously beat the outside edge and that french cut just missing the stumps marginally...

Random Aussie said:

While we are in a good position, our gun batters are already out. Could be interesting.

The overcast conditions of the last two days are nothing compared to today.

Theres also a LOT of strong wind today. Methinks today will be the worst day for batting.

Need to get them out ASAP to make a match of this.

Improving batting conditions (cloud cover permitting) may provide some encouragement, but we are the king of collapses, regardless the pitch, conditions, or opposition :moyo :yk

sakss said:
katich has been lucky to survive tbh.
LOL. That IS Test cricket! Batsmen SHOULD need luck to survive and get to 50s for it to be a Proper "Test" and a decent contest between bat and ball :)

Otherwise, its too one-sided. Might as well replace the bowlers with a pitching machine.

I think 200 is already to much for Pakistan to chase. If Aussies lead gets above 260 then game is well and truely over.

1st inns type Aussie collapse needed.

ShehryarK said:
LOL. That IS Test cricket! Batsmen SHOULD need luck to survive and get to 50s for it to be a Proper "Test" and a decent contest between bat and ball :)

Otherwise, its too one-sided. Might as well replace the bowlers with a pitching machine.

i said that in relation to our team coz we always seem to find the edges...lol

Let´s put it this way:

The chase for Pakikstan begins now. And every 20 runs Australia scores is one wicket of a pakistani batsman....

Amjid Javed said:
I think 200 is already to much for Pakistan to chase. If Aussies lead gets above 260 then game is well and truely over.

1st inns type Aussie collapse needed.

pakistan type collapse rathar ;-)

Very important to get Katich early
Katich early could very will restrict the target to under 300
Anything over that and I'm afraid the game will be out of reach

its over already no need to get excited we will never even win vs Aus:)

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
Marcus North was on a pair, probably a better idea to save him from a rampant Umar Gul, and that too in fading light.
and we send our test debuants at #3 and #4, NICE.

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:

I thought you didn't believe in protecting batsmen??

Random Aussie said:

Wicket is fine aslong as the Suns out, Hopefully it will be overcast this morning and Aussies will be bowled out for 150.

The Baking hot sun will be out for rest of match! ;-)

...and how much longer till the match is over...that is we destroy the aussies, win this test match by 10 wickets :( :(

Will the game end today?

:inti I say no, Australia will be in at least till tea, Pakistan will be a few wickets down at the close.

Target of 300

Pakistan will chase it down in 50 balls...or 8.2 overs :afridi

If the past couple of days is any indication- it will certainly be interesting.

Pak are not out of this by a long shot.

a total of under 300 to chase means we are in business..anything beyond 325 will be tough and over 350 means, we will be virtually out of reckoning...

whats the update on the weather...???still overcast or baking?

Latest Weather update from NW7 (15/20 mins drive from Lords)...

Some heavy overnight rain has left north london soaked...Was pretty dark and damp until about 20 minutes ago...The strong breeze has pushed the rain away and although its still cloudy the weather is much much brighter...If the game were to start right now then there would be no problems with the light, but the outfield may just be a little too wet (depends how the Lords drainage system does!)....

Forecast is for some heavy rain throughtout the day with possible lightening..Much like yesterday although we did get a lot of play in!

Yes, the more rain breaks today, the higher our chance goes of drawing this Test match :D

so is there a possiblity of a 3 day continous rain and poor light....

Paradox said:
Yes, the more rain breaks today, the higher our chance goes of drawing this Test match :D

I think you'll need to have the entire day washed out today plus tomorrow and atleast the first session on the fifth day washed out for this game to be a draw....

Aussies will feel they only need two full sessions to bowl us out and so if we have rain all day today and tomorrow I think they'd bat until lunch on the 5th day and declare no matter what their score is!

I am hoping that Pakistan can chase anything below around 300 runs but then I look at our line-up and it dawns on me that Australia may already have 50 runs too many!!!

sakss said:
so is there a possiblity of a 3 day continous rain and poor light....
Nope, the weather clears up by tommorow. Still cloud cover, but England has sun forever, theres no way this match will be a draw.

Free Hit said:
no way, its either win or loose
Exactly, we shouldn't be thinking about the draw right now , we are still in with a chance of winning it and InshaALLAH we will.

cricfan967 said:
Nobody up in Canada?

Buddy I fly into Toronto on 28th July and will be missing the Lords test against England which starts on 29th!!!!! Please what do I have to do to be able to watch the match on TV???? Which channel is showing it over there?

Salam All good day ,

I think the game will be decided today I am scared and not feeling well something is wrong in my stomach.

This is my first ever post on PP, and i wish Pakistan gets a target of around 250, then boom boom and umar akmal put together a 100+ partnership and Pakistan wins the game.lets see if me joining the PP brings some change for Pak team :)

aqeelPK said:
This is my first ever post on PP, and i wish Pakistan gets a target of around 250, then boom boom and umar akmal put together a 100+ partnership and Pakistan wins the game.lets see if me joining the PP brings some change for Pak team :)

you are putting your self in tight spot you can be a good luck charm which is good but what if we loose (like always) PP is not a friendly place then mate (Imagin the scene pls : dark clouds comming up with rain and we hear a thunder bolt dishkiooooooogrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr )watch you back :D (a slow histeric whisper)

Last edited:
aqeelPK said:

Welcome to PP.

And we're not going to bowl them out for under 200 or so.. sorry. :aamir

IMMY69 said:
Buddy I fly into Toronto on 28th July and will be missing the Lords test against England which starts on 29th!!!!! Please what do I have to do to be able to watch the match on TV???? Which channel is showing it over there?

Well if you get Rogers cable then ATN Cricket Plus is showing it.
if you have any other provider you wont get Cricket Plus and youll be watching on the internet at 5:30 AM like me :D

aqeelPK said:

Welcome to PP :)

Aus will score around 250 before they get out hence they will give a target of around 350 runs and Pakistan will make 180 - 220 runs in reply!

Hi all, I'm at the ground today, hoping for something miraculous because if we wish to win, nothing less would do. The weather was rubbish when I got here, started raining pretty bad but that's now gone. The sun poked it's head out for a bit even, hoping for a bit more of that. Pretty windy though, which might blow the rain away, or bring more in for that matter. I guess I'll have a look round the museum in the mean time, and hope to see some fresh history being made later on in the day!

Paradox said:
Welcome to PP.

And we're not going to bowl them out for under 200 or so.. sorry. :aamir
I am hopeful that we will restrict them under 150.although sounds like unrealistic but atleast i have hope. and being hopeful is the only reason i watch Pak games otherwise if you look at performance, only 1 test win in 3 years :p

Guys - please use this thread for match commentary.

This is not a pointless MSN type gup shup thread.

Or the "World Clock".

ShehryarK said:
Guys - please use this thread for match commentary.

This is not a pointless MSN type gup shup thread.

Or the "World Clock".

sup Shehryar?

:yk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back