Pakistan v England | Womens World Cup | Sydney | 11/3/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pakistani genetic disease otherwise known as "inability to field properly" exists in the women's game as well. Its heartening to know.

The women screaming encoragement...high pitched annoyance!

12-0 off 3 overs

Shocking fielding from the ladies.

Out of their depth at this level

Eng could finish this off fast!

How long is this session?

Is the camera man Wayne Rooney? He keeps showing some granny in the crowd wearing a night dress!

The celebrations are on a par with Pak winning the WC1992!

COME ON - Women bowlers - Shows to the world that Pakistan can play Cricket especially to our Men in Green team including Afridi

ball didn't deserve a wkt, was short pulled to mid wkt who took it off her boot laces.

PAk simply couldnt time the ball - none of their shts were racing to the boundary.

Compare that with England

Qanita has a touch of the Imran Khan leap about her at the point of delivery.

5th misfield in 5 overs.

It wont matterin this game, but will in tighter fought contests against other evenly match opposition

Oxy said:
PAk simply couldnt time the ball - none of their shts were racing to the boundary.

Compare that with England

England Women team has been playing for a very long time.

It's Pakistan first WC. Give Pakistan team a break

MalikMohsin said:
England Women team has been playing for a very long time.

It's Pakistan first WC. Give Pakistan team a break

Its just an observation - not a criticism.

Unlike the fielding - which is horrific!

It's expected.

If our men in green can't improve the fielding on International standard, then forget about expecting fine fielding from our women in green

Pak team has already taken as many wkts against England as the Indian team did

Time to change the bowling.

Need to vary it a bit

Qanita has done her bit.

Akram is just not good enough. Lets see what the others can do

Eng are nearly half way there, let's see Asmavia and some spin from the other end. Save Qanita for a little later and Akram is killing us!

I think our lack of experience at this level is evident to see

I think good looking, long, free flowing hair on display is more important that fully functional, tied back hair.

By looking at our women in green cricket, i can confidently say they will be improved a lot in about 2-3 years Inshallah

62.4mph to finish the over. Asmavia just jogs in. Give her a slightly longer runup and get her to sprint in then we may be seeing 66 to 70 mph!

Another wide delivery hit for 4

Ordinary stuf from Saji baji

63.6 from Asmavia, tie her hair up into a ponytail and we'll be clocking 65 today

Can you hear Wasim chatting to someone on the phone in the background?

Shayan said:
Can you hear Wasim chatting to someone on the phone in the background?

:wasim "Oh really Zaheer? I dont believe it? You really did? I dont believe you...."

Oxy said:
Too many 'hair issues'

Not as many as the mens team. You already forgotten Wasim, Imran, Shoaib and Afridi playing with their hair all day long!

Eng: 48-1 off 12 overs

Need not much to win in loads of overs

LUNCH

Urooj should threaten to pull their teeth out of they dont battle after the break!

I'm off to bed, I hope I wake up to see Asmavia Anwar Ali having taken 8 wickets for 9 runs and won us the game!!

think we all need some sleep, it has been a good dedicated effort by all, well done guys and the ladies.

Let's not forget this is the equivalent of Kenya v the Australia of 2003 to 2007.

These girls just arent used to playing cricket very often and certainly not to this standard. The England cricketers have proper domestic cricket and funding whilst our girls mostly pay their own way and have no established domestic cricket structure.

A great effort from the girls today and I hope we can cause a few upsets in the Super Six!!

Bottom line - Pak dont get to play the likes of England unless they make it to a tournament - which is too late.

Potential is there. Spirit seems good.

They were never expected to win this. Sure they are rough and need smoothing, but it wont happen overnight.

England 49-1 after 13 over - need 30 from 37 overs
Javeria to bowl. Looks like off breaks
very defensive field with no one close

Last edited:
I didn't understand the decision to hold Asmavia Iqbal for so long? If she's the best bowler they have, why didn't they open the attack with her considering the small total to defend? I'll have to ask Urooj that question.

I heard close, very close by Akram on a LBW shout from Sana. Not given and I didn't see it to give the expert opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back