Pakistan v karachi (Score updates)

no seriously, like evertime razzaq does good everyone ignores the effort but whenever he does crap everyone points fingers at him!

pants and trousers said:
no seriously, like evertime razzaq does good everyone ignores the effort but whenever he does crap everyone points fingers at him!

You can replace Razzaq's name with "Sami, Butt, Malik, Youhana, Shabbir..." and result will be the same

Monsee said:
Go ahead and make fun now, while praising your favorite Flat Track Bully

But the highlight of the day was the belligerence of Imran Farhat who as usual batted with gay abundance. The left-hander, who helped himself to 17 boundaries, escaped being dismissed for 20 when Karachi skipper Hasan Raza dropped a simple catch at second slip off Test fast bowler Mohammad Sami.

:21: :21:

Most big scores in test cricket do involve a catch or half-chance early on in the inning. I don't see a catch being dropped at 20 a huge deal.

Marooned said:
Most big scores in test cricket do involve a catch or half-chance early on in the inning.

Not really true...there are almost as many chanceless innings, as there are those that start with a life being given to the batsman

I don't see a catch being dropped at 20 a huge deal.

It is a huge deal cause most here see no wickets against Sami's or any bowler's name, and automatically assume he must have bowled bad

Not really true...there are almost as many chanceless innings, as there are those that start with a life being given to the batsman

It is a huge deal cause most here see no wickets against Sami's or any bowler's name, and automatically assume he must have bowled bad

Point being it is quite common for a catch to go down early on in a batsman's inning. I wouldn't say it was an ordinary inning because of that.

Sami's performance is a different matter.

Marooned said:
Point being it is quite common for a catch to go down early on in a batsman's inning. I wouldn't say it was an ordinary inning because of that.

We have all seen Farhat play like that before...he is a mini clone of Shoaib Akhtar. He always plays recklessly and never seems willing to learn anything from his mistakes

I used to be a huge Farhat fan but I refuse to follow him anymore cause he is just like any of our younger players...taluunted yet no brain in the head

Sami's performance is a different matter.

It isn't really...Amjid and many here make a joke out of him on a regular basis and I just pointed out that the guy is as unlucky as Bob and Inzi think

We have all seen Farhat play like that before...he is a mini clone of Shoaib Akhtar. He always plays recklessly and never seems willing to learn anything from his mistakes

I used to be a huge Farhat fan but I refuse to follow him anymore cause he is just like any of our younger players...taluunted yet no brain in the head

hmm I thought he was doing OK in test matches and the head wasn't a major issue any more. He isn't the most brilliant mind out there but certainly seemed to have cut out some of his low percentage shots. I thought he was unlucky to be dropped after two ordinary tests in Australia (where most young players stuggle). At least 3 of the 4 dismissals were not due to reckless stroke play. I would prefer him over Hameed.

Lahoria said:
Malik shouldn't even be playing test cricket given his lack of footwork and technique so he especially shouldn't be opening. Farhat and Butt haven't exactly cemented their places but opening with Malik is no better than opening with Kamran Akmal or Razzaq.

Would you say Sehwag's and Trescothick's footwork are any better?? Tresco always plays away from his boy just like Malik and Sehwag just doesnt move...and yet both are HIGHLY succesful openning batsman. Sehwag had a 50+ test match avergae.....

So why can't Malik succeed??

i think he can but maybe his hand eye coordination is not as good?

im making a guess in not sure..

Sheikh_Ji said:
Would you say Sehwag's and Trescothick's footwork are any better?? Tresco always plays away from his boy just like Malik and Sehwag just doesnt move...and yet both are HIGHLY succesful openning batsman. Sehwag had a 50+ test match avergae.....

So why can't Malik succeed??

Excellent point Sheikh Ji. Sehwag, Trescothick and Gayle to name but a few. The reason these guys are successful is their aggressive approach, so their lack of footwork and aggression is something for the analysts to look at.

Monsee said:
Go ahead and make fun now, while praising your favorite Flat Track Bully

But the highlight of the day was the belligerence of Imran Farhat who as usual batted with gay abundance. The left-hander, who helped himself to 17 boundaries, escaped being dismissed for 20 when Karachi skipper Hasan Raza dropped a simple catch at second slip off Test fast bowler Mohammad Sami.

:21: :21:

Nothing new then! Another catch dropped off his bowling! The strange thing is that its always a simple catch as well!!

what do they have against sami.. trying to kick him out of the team or something?

pants and trousers said:
what do they have against sami.. trying to kick him out of the team or something?

AJ is paying them good money to do that...so he can continue with his usual posts at PP:p

Monsee said:
AJ is paying them good money to do that...so he can continue with his usual posts at PP:p

:)) :))
beware AJ, i have more money spare :16:

Last edited:
All we can see on PCB website is that Karachi struggled in 2nd inning, no score updates yet.

Younis, Yousuf hit sparkling half centuries

KARACHI, Oct 18 (APP): Skipper Younis Khan and Muhammad Yousuf (Youhana) hit stylish half centuries but Pakistan XI declared their first innings one run behind Karachi Region on the penultimate hot day of their four-day practice match at National Stadium Tuesday.

Younis hit nine boundaries in 216 minutes stay at the crease and Yousuf made an unbeaten 69 off 104 deliveries in 168 minutes with 12 sizzling boundaries as Pakistan XI declared their first innings at 377 for 7 just after tea.

Karachi Region in their first innings were dismissed for 378 with a fine hundred from Faisal Iqbal.

When play ended on third day, Karachi Region were struggling at 73 for five wickets in their second innings.Captain Hasan Raza with 18 and wicket-keeper Amin-ur-Rehman with six were at the crease at close.

Abdul Razzaq bowled just one ball in Karachi’s second innings and had to go off the ground because of cramp.

The four-day tie declared first class match by Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) turned into mockery by Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer as its second innings was restricted to 52 overs each side.

Apart from this overs restrictions, Pakistan XI included

Lahore leg spinner Imran Tahir to bowl in Karachi’s second innings and Karachi also included a new opener Agha Sabir outside their 11 named on the morning of the match.

With these changes, this four day fixture had lost its first class status.

Younis Khan and Shoaib Malik gave Pakistan XI impetus with a fine 106-run third wicket stand while Muhammad Yousuf and Abdul Razzaq also put on 87-run for the sixth wicket.

Razzaq looked in a punishing mood, hitting five boundaries in his 34 before being bowled by Tanveer Ahmed.

Scoreboard

Karachi Region Ist innings 378

Pakistan XI Ist innings (overnight 192-2)

Imran Farhat b Kaneria 89

Taufiq Umar c Faisal Iqbal b Kaneria 14

Younis Khan b Malik Aftab 75

Shoaib Malik c & b Kaneria 47

Muhammad Yousuf not out 69

Shahid Yousuf c sub (Sabir) b Kaneria 18

Abdul Razzaq b Tanveer 34

Kamran Akmal c Amin b Tanveer 0

M.Asif not out 4

Extras (B-11, LB-2,W-1, NB-11) 17

Total (for 7 wickets declared in 104 overs) 377

Fall of wicket: 1-65, 2-135, 3-241, 4-241, 5-286, 6-373, 7-373

Bowling: Muhammad Sami 23-6-85-0, Tanveer Ahmed 29-3-77-2,

Malik Aftab 21-5-60-1, Danish Kaneria 39-8-126-4, Hasan Raza

3-0-16-0

Karachi Region 2nd innings

Agha Sabir b Imran Tahir 24

Khalid Latif c Kamran b Umar 6

Faisal Athar lbw b Imran Tahir 11

Hasan Raza not out 18

Faisal Iqbal b Arshad Khan 5

Asim Kamal lbw b Arshad 0

Amin-ur-Rehman not out 6

Extras (NB-3) 3

Total (for five wickets in 25 overs) 73

Fall of wicket: 1-14, 2-26, 3-45, 4-61, 5-63

Umar 6-2-12-1, Asif 5-3-9-0, Abdul Razzaq 0.1-0-0-0-0

Arshad Khan 6.5-2-14-2, Imran Tahir 7-0-38-2

Umpires: Saleem Badar & Afzaal Ahmed

aj's fave asim kamal fails again his place has to be underthreat now, anyway good to see youhanna on form and imran tahir taking 2 wickets.

Naveed said:
Asim Kamal 5 & 0 ---> ouch!

hes been in poor form and this means he may get the chop. am very dissapointed with his performances. If hes dropped now i wont be surprised.

He shud be performing alot better. :(

Noddy said:
sam had 3 dropped today !

AJ cannot see these posts about Sami or the one about Asim Kamal being out on "0 and 5" in two innings:p

Noddy bhai is right.

Was watching the highlights yesterday.

I believe Imran Farhat was dropped off his bowling too.

Thats 4 drop catches.

i am also disappointed by Asim Kamal form. I think he will definetly be dropped now.

Muddaser said:
Noddy bhai is right.

Was watching the highlights yesterday.

I believe Imran Farhat was dropped off his bowling too.

Thats 4 drop catches.
which channel were u watching the hilights on?

i have had enough of these so called pak fans cricticising the coach or picking on single players for cricticism ,why dont they all for once support the pak cricket team as a whole.

the greatest batsman in the history of Pakistan cricket, the saviour of our team, the LION of Pakistan......Asim Kamal

Elan Tedronai said:
sami sucks as usual.Not suprising.

What a spear head.Average of 47 and strike rate of 87 spanning over 21 tests.
What a dream!
If you think 21 tests is adequate exposure to warrant the merit of those figures, then you'd be also saying that Shahid Afridi is better than Flintoff as Afridi's test figures are currently better in every respect - batting average, batting strike rate, bowling average, bowling strike rate.

(and just to clarify, while it's difficult to substantially say that he's better than Flintoff, I personally would choose Afridi over Flintoff)

Last edited:
It's a pity that Kaneria needed 39 overs to pick up 4 wickets, over 100 runs. I'd love to see him run through teams.

A good game for Pakistan team's preparation for the upcoming England tour. I dont think Asim Kamal's place is in jeopardy because his record in the international arena is fine. He has batted really well in all the home and away test games. But he should bring consistency to his domestic form as well. Imran Farhat is an improving cricketer and i think he suits for the slot of opener but i am not sure if captain or coach are keen on giving him a chance. I heard in news that Malik and Bazid will be getting the chance. They are both fine cricketers and i am not sure if they are good opening batsmen.

come on guys lets not pick on Asim Kamal too much.

Whilst he hasnt done anything spectacular, neither has he done anything wrong for Pakistan. He's consistently scored fifties and dug in to make our score more respectable when our top order collapsed.

He often has to bat with tailenders so we dont know how good he would be if batting with proper batsmen with a good start behind him!

The only reason I would have Afridi over Asim at number 6 is because Afridi is that penetrative fifth bowler which could help us reach the 20 wickets needed to win a test match.

Agreed, Asim has the makings of high quality test material - it was evident against the West Indies and imo moreso in his innings against Australia.

asim along with inzi are the only ones on the test team who can perform under extreme pressure...by the looks on the faces of the other batsmen, you can tell they're nervous as hell...

since when has Asim Kamal ever performed under extreme pressure?

Hash said:
since when has Asim Kamal ever performed under extreme pressure?

1st test in mohali, maybe u had ur tv switched off. or maybe u where asleep when he kept pakistan in game with his knock in 1st inns.

2ndly ur comments on asim the lion of pakistan.

NO one has proclaimed him a SUPERSTAR OR WORLD CLASS OR GREAT BATSMEN etc..

everyone knows hes an honest player who grafts and plays well in tests under his limitations.

hes not been branded a FUTURE DUPERSTAR like s butt, i farhat, i nazir, basit ali etc of this world...

ok so one innings under extreme pressure. Well done Asim!

2ndly....read back through all your posts about Asim Kamal. Honestly it would not surprise me if he is your brother, or cousin or uncle or something because the way you harp on about him it would seem as if we have the next Bradman in our midst.

Hash said:

2ndly....read back through all your posts about Asim Kamal. Honestly it would not surprise me if he is your brother, or cousin or uncle or something because the way you harp on about him it would seem as if we have the next Bradman in our midst.

find one post where ive said asims a world class batsmen or match winner! find just one where ive harped on and on about him being next miandad etc..

You wont find one! if you took 2 mins to read whats written rather than fabricaticing stuff you will find ive always said asim is NOT a match winner etc..

hes an honest player who grafts! big difference! :19:

Hash said:

You should have seen the tantrum which Amjid threw when Noddy gave us news of first test against West Indies but didnt tell us that Youhanna was returning, Amjid thought that Asim Kamal was being dropped, boy were we in for a tantrum :p

Nauman said:
You should have seen the tantrum which Amjid threw when Noddy gave us news of first test against West Indies but didnt tell us that Youhanna was returning, Amjid thought that Asim Kamal was being dropped, boy were we in for a tantrum :p

:))) :))) :)))

I remember that!

Amjid bro.....seriously you acted as if Bradman had been dropped. Go back and read your tantrum. You will see for yourself.

Amjid Javed said:
Hash & nauman, tell me what u expect from a new pakistan test batsmen?

i think both of you need a reality check! pakistan isnt full of zaheer abbas`s, javed miandad`s, majid khans etc...

outside of Younis khan, inzamam & MoYo why dont u name me a pakistan batsmen whose set the world alight or shown a great consistancy in tests arena over last 4/5 years??

i nazir, i farhat, t umar, f iqbal, m ul haq, s elahi, y hameed, f adil etc.. the lists endless interms of failures..

Kamal may not be a world beater or a superstar. However in patches hes shown some decent application and heart. Inshallah he will get better!

sadly most fans on here expect every new batsmen playing for pakistan has to score 100 every game and win tests afta test for pakistan...! time to wake up to reality..!

Last edited:
don't expect that at all.

I just don't think Asim Kamal is as good as you make out. Like the tantrum you threw when you thought he had been dropped for the WI game. You acted as if dropping Kamal was the most idiotic and painful thing anyone could ever dream of doing. You didn't act as if someone who had 'in patches shown dome decent application' had been dropped. You acted as if Bradman had been dropped!

My opinion on Asim Kamal?

He has shown he has the potential to be a useful test number 6 (eg Mohali) but he needs to show more consistency and also needs to start scoring when the team really needs him to (eg Australia 1st innings when he batted like a rabbit caught in the headlights. He looked terrified. He was refusing easy singles and got out to the most ridiculous shot I have ever seen) and not when the intensity of the opposition is down and the match is already over.

Hash said:
don't expect that at all.

I just don't think Asim Kamal is as good as you make out. Like the tantrum you threw when you thought he had been dropped for the WI game. You acted as if dropping Kamal was the most idiotic and painful thing anyone could ever dream of doing. You didn't act as if someone who had 'in patches shown dome decent application' had been dropped. You acted as if Bradman had been dropped!

My opinion on Asim Kamal?

He has shown he has the potential to be a useful test number 6 (eg Mohali) but he needs to show more consistency and also needs to start scoring when the team really needs him to (eg Australia 1st innings when he batted like a rabbit caught in the headlights. He looked terrified. He was refusing easy singles and got out to the most ridiculous shot I have ever seen) and not when the intensity of the opposition is down and the match is already over.

on u mean the match at sydney where he looked clueless in 1st inns v macgill and warne. Yeah asim was awful, shameful even.. no other batsmen in history of test cricket has looked as bad as that...

link - http://uk.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2005-06/SUPERS/SCORECARDS/AUS_ICC-XI_SUPERS_T_14-19OCT2005.html

opps then again :13: wasnt the superseries match just played @ sydney.
Look how ****-poor inzi, dravid, lara, kallis, sehwag looked v macgill and warne.. (these guys are suppose to be world class players of spin)

then again maybe i was it was all an illusion!

you judge asim on 1 dodgy inns! no one else has ever looked clueless have they? :))

So Sami's figures should really be 4-85 if he had 4 catches dropped.

Boy i do hope luck is with him in the England series.

amjid reacted like bradman had been dropped when taufeeq wasnt included in the test squad for Australia and now he's including taufeeq in his list of failures. what can you say?

Amjid Javed said:
i nazir, i farhat, t umar, f iqbal, m ul haq, s elahi, y hameed, f adil etc.. the lists endless interms of failures..

Mercenary said:
amjid reacted like bradman had been dropped when taufeeq wasnt included in the test squad for Australia and now he's including taufeeq in his list of failures. what can you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amjid Javed

HaHaHa...and his favorite Imran Farhat is amongst the failures too;-) :D

Farhat continues to eat our domestic scene up alive. I think he is a great player and believed he did not deserve to be dropped. So much talent and I do not see what he did wrong that got him dropped.

He scores a century against SA on his come back and then had a OK NZ series. Hit a 100 against India followed by 2 50s against Lanka and then in Australia just was a COMPULSIVE HOOKER. Meaning that can be corrected, not like he struggles to play the shot. I think he has so much to offer to our team and I think Butt and him should be our openers for tests.

Asim shouldn't be dropped, that would be stupid. He has consistently performed for Pak at test level. These are just some practice matches, they can't count for much.

Asim Kamal is our batting equivalent of Rana, the kiddies will learn to appreciate his awesomeness in time

pathan007 said:
well given 80runs in 26overs isn't bad unlike the one where he gives 80 in 15overs

he could'nt pick a wicket amongst guys like farhat.If this is the guy who is going to spearhead the team against england then it's good night pakistan

DM said:
If you think 21 tests is adequate exposure to warrant the merit of those figures, then you'd be also saying that Shahid Afridi is better than Flintoff as Afridi's test figures are currently better in every respect - batting average, batting strike rate, bowling average, bowling strike rate.

(and just to clarify, while it's difficult to substantially say that he's better than Flintoff, I personally would choose Afridi over Flintoff)

well freddie has started to show some improvement.

Big question to be asked.has sami improved with the NEW BALL?Cn he be trusted to be spearhead and not first change as flintoff?

MATCH DRAWN

Karachi 378 ao
Pak XI 377 for 7 dec

Karachi 216 ao (Imran Tahir 4 for 99, Amin ur Rehman scored 61)
Pak XI 198 for 9 (Sami 2 for 19, Kaneria 3 for 82, Younis Khan 75 and Imran Farhat 44)

sami took two wickets for 19 runs off 7 overs in the second innings...now had all the catches been taken in the first innings then his match figures would have been something like 6 wickets for 100 runs. umar gul only took one wicket in the second innings for match haul of 4 wickets...

umar gul is a superb prospect and i think he has what it takes to be very succesful (injury permitting)...but those who ridicule sami for not pciking up wickets on the back of just one innings really do need their head tested, especially when they selectively choose to ignore the surrounding facts (i.e. the drop catches)...

I think based on form Hasan Raza deserves a chance in the test team ahead of Asim Kamal. On the other hand dropping Asim Kamal seems a bit unfair as he has done a good job at number 6 in test matches. We need to find a way to get both of these guys in. Hasan Raza seems to be in top form these days we need to utilize him and boost his confidence by playing him

shikari said:
I think based on form Hasan Raza deserves a chance in the test team ahead of Asim Kamal. On the other hand dropping Asim Kamal seems a bit unfair as he has done a good job at number 6 in test matches. We need to find a way to get both of these guys in. Hasan Raza seems to be in top form these days we need to utilize him and boost his confidence by playing him

well said

the only way i can think is to make younis khan open the batting and drop mailk or bazid, putting both asim and hasan.. thee would come yousuf, 4 inzi, 5 hasan, 6 kamal?

Good bowling by Sami in the second innings - hehe after he was dropped four times in the first innings, he's gone and done without fielders for his wickets:

Taufeeq Umar lbw b Mohammad Sami 1
Kamran Akmal b Mohammad Sami 7

:D

ahahahha taufeeq's troubles continue...i don't know how this guy still has supporters...

Look who scored 75 in each inning for Pakistan XI :). Yes he is our one and only useless Khan and 90% of people didn't want to see him ever to play for Pakistan even after the Australian tour and first TEST in India :). You never know how things can change:19:

Good to see farhat get runs in 2nd inns aswell.

niether taufeeq/s malik did well opening!

Amjid Javed said:
Good to see farhat get runs in 2nd inns aswell.

niether taufeeq/s malik did well opening!

Farhat didn't open in 2nd innings...he played down the order

Don't know about you BUT 47 off 117 balls, is not a bad score...I forgot which batsman scored it though:p

Monsee said:
Farhat didn't open in 2nd innings...he played down the order

Don't know about you BUT 47 off 117 balls, is not a bad score...I forgot which batsman scored it though:p

i know farhat didnt open in 2nd inns! :p

Excellent bowling from Mohammad Sami in the match whose match figures should read

30-8-104-6.

Great to see Younis Khan in form with 2 half centuries, MoYo with a half century, Imran Farhat with scores of 89 and 44. Umar Gul bowled reasonably well as well.

Imran Farhat
Younis Khan
Mohammed Yousuf
Umar Gul
Mohammed Sami

all seem to have played reasonably well and got themselves into some touch. All five would be in my starting XI for the first test so this is good news.

Back