Pakistan v karachi (Score updates)

Amjid Javed

PakPassion's 100,000 posts man
Runs
Post of the Week
KARACHI: The four-day practice match between Pakistan XI and Karachi will be played here at the National Stadium from Sunday.

The opening match of the three-match series that was to be played between Pakistan XI and Peshawar Panthers in Peshawar, was cancelled due to earthquake that struck various parts of the country last Saturday.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is arranging these matches to provide a build-up to the national team and also to judge performance of some of the players who may have bright prospect to find a place in the Pakistan team for the forthcoming home series against England. The England squad are due to arrive in Islamabad on October 26 to play a series of three Test and five One-day Internationals besides three side matches.

In the Karachi match, Younis Khan will lead Pakistan XI while Hasan Raza will be the captain of the Karachi side. Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer will have a close look at some of the aspiring youngsters at the match.

Test umpire Saleem Badar and international Afzaal Ahmed will supervise the match.

Teams:

Pakistan XI: Younis Khan (captain), Taufeeq Umar, Imran Farhat, Mohammad Yousuf, Shoaib Malik, Kamran Akmal (wicket-keeper), Abdul Razzaq, Arshad Khan, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Irshad and Mohammad Khalil (monsee will be happy :D ).

Karachi team: Hasan Raza (captain), Faisal Athar, Asim Kamal, Faisal Iqbal, Khalid Latif, Khurram Manzoor, Nomanullah, Amin-ur-Rehman (wicket-keeper), Danish Kaneria, Tanveer Ahmed and Malik Aftab.

source - daily jang

Amjid Javed said:
KARACHI: The four-day practice match between Pakistan XI and Karachi will be played here at the National Stadium from Sunday.

The opening match of the three-match series that was to be played between Pakistan XI and Peshawar Panthers in Peshawar, was cancelled due to earthquake that struck various parts of the country last Saturday.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is arranging these matches to provide a build-up to the national team and also to judge performance of some of the players who may have bright prospect to find a place in the Pakistan team for the forthcoming home series against England. The England squad are due to arrive in Islamabad on October 26 to play a series of three Test and five One-day Internationals besides three side matches.

In the Karachi match, Younis Khan will lead Pakistan XI while Hasan Raza will be the captain of the Karachi side. Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer will have a close look at some of the aspiring youngsters at the match.

Test umpire Saleem Badar and international Afzaal Ahmed will supervise the match.

Teams:

Pakistan XI: Younis Khan (captain), Taufeeq Umar, Imran Farhat, Mohammad Yousuf, Shoaib Malik, Kamran Akmal (wicket-keeper), Abdul Razzaq, Arshad Khan, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Irshad and Mohammad Khalil (monsee will be happy :D ).

Karachi team: Hasan Raza (captain), Faisal Athar, Asim Kamal, Faisal Iqbal, Khalid Latif, Khurram Manzoor, Nomanullah, Amin-ur-Rehman (wicket-keeper), Danish Kaneria, Tanveer Ahmed and Malik Aftab.

source - daily jang

Yeah! Farhat given another chance lets hope he shines, him and butt are a solid opening combination? BTW,is Afridi back from Aus? if SO why is he not in the team>? Irshad? Arshad? Mohammad Khalil & Asif? Strange choices, aren't they/?

How come Mohammad Sami isnt playing for either team?

How come Sami and Butt aren't there? It is absolutely vital for Sami to show as much as possible before the Eng tour so the selectors know whether he is upto the challenge or not.

Raz said:

pakistan are looking at better bowlers in this game!

cool....
i just wonder how many chances Mr Faisal Iqbal needs before someone finally cuts his name off from such lists....

Another meaningless warm up game.They should try playing the batsmen and ALL BOWLERS in contention for the england series.

no warm up game is meaningless at the moment. The more preparation before the England series that the Pak players can get, the better it will be. Some of them havent played for a lengthy period and they need to go into the England series fully prepared.

Karachi warm-up match turned into fund-raiser

KARACHI: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has empowered the Karachi City Cricket Association (KCCA) to organise the four-day first-class practice match between a Pakistan XI and Karachi from Sunday (tomorrow), here at the National Stadium to raise funds for the earthquake victims.

The KCCA has also donated one lakh rupees towards the President’s Earthquake Relief Fund. It has formed an Earthquake Relief Fund Committee headed by KCCA President Munir Hussain.

Other members of the committee are Nasim-ul Ghani, Regional Development Manager PCB, S H Hashmi, Khalil Ahmed Nainitalwala, Yakoob Karim, Haji Iftikhar Ahmed, Irfan Sheikh, Zulfiqar Sheikh, Shafaat Hussain and Amin Merchant. KCCA Secretary Prof Sirajul Islam Bukhari is the secretary of the committee to collect further funds for the relief effort.

The KCCA has directed its seven zones, the affiliated Clubs and organising committees of various ongoing Ramazan festival tournaments also to contribute so that a sizeable earthquake relief fund could be collected .

An Iftar dinner will also be arranged to collect funds for the purpose, which will be attended by past and present Test cricketers who will be requested to contribute their antiques for fund-raising. A brochure will also be published to further consolidate the fund-raising campaign.

A booth will be set up at the National Stadium here where goods and funds will be collected against receipts. The Regional Development Office PCB Karachi will also co-ordinate in the campaign.

http://jang.com.pk/thenews/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope that people come and raise enough money in this game. But regardless of that well done PCB and KCCA. :19::14:

a limited overs match woujld ahve raised more money than a 4-day game..
but nonetheless good work by PCB and KCCA

Fessal said:
Salam Amjid bhai. How's Ramadan and everything going? Hope you are well.

I can't see any score updates on that pcb site :(

v salam and a very late ramzan mubarak. am good mashallah. how r u?

i think updates will be about 1400-1600 uk time i think.

Amjid Javed said:
v salam and a very late ramzan mubarak. am good mashallah. how r u?

i think updates will be about 1400-1600 uk time i think.

Ramadan mubarak too you as well.. good to hear you are doing fine. Mashallah I am good as well.

And thanks to your help and faith (with cv etc) I got a job up in Leeds and moved upto Bradford. Things going better now but I haven't got net access yet and so not online much these days. Was going to email you to personally thankyou for your help. May Allah reward you with success and happiness for a good deed in helping a fellow brother out. Ameen!

Fessal said:
Ramadan mubarak too you as well.. good to hear you are doing fine. Mashallah I am good as well.

And thanks to your help and faith (with cv etc) I got a job up in Leeds and moved upto Bradford. Things going better now but I haven't got net access yet and so not online much these days. Was going to email you to personally thankyou for your help. May Allah reward you with success and happiness for a good deed in helping a fellow brother out. Ameen!

am glad u got job and hope it goes well inshallah. just make sure u dont spend all ur time eating at fancy restaurants to open rosa otherwise you will become an inzi rather than being part of inzi fan club :p

Amjid Javed said:
am glad u got job and hope it goes well inshallah. just make sure u dont spend all ur time eating at fancy restaurants to open rosa otherwise you will become an inzi rather than being part of inzi fan club :p

:))) :))) I am becoming one quite fast but I am scounging and invading my future inlaws..(was confirmed about month ago :) )....and am emptying all there kitchen so no need to spend in restaurant when i can get for free :D but will have to try and not become a full inzy though.

Fessal said:
:))) :))) I am becoming one quite fast but I am scounging and invading my future inlaws..(was confirmed about month ago :) )....and am emptying all there kitchen so no need to spend in restaurant when i can get for free :D but will have to try and not become a full inzy though.

Are congratulations/commiserations in order?

Karachi 248/5 at close

Faisal Iqbal sadly scored a 100

Khalid Latif scored 94

Razzaq 2 for 16
Asif 2 for 46

asim kamal needs to perform soon. Its a shame that fasial scored a centruy, very bad news.

Last edited:
Karachi v Pakistan XI (scorecard here)

Karachi first inningsRunsBallsMins4s6sFaisal Atharc Kamran Akmal b Mohammad Asif2042513-Khalid Latifc Younis Khan b Imran Farhat9424732814-Naumanullahc Taufeeq Umar b Mohammad Asif012--Asim Kamalc Taufeeq Umar b Abdul Razzaq51923--*Hasan Razalbw b Abdul Razzaq1736612-Faisal Iqbalnot out10115813915-+Amin-ur-Rehmannot out001--Mohammad Samistill to bat Danish Kaneriastill to bat Malik Aftabstill to bat Tanveer Ahmedstill to bat Extras(2 b, 4 lb, 5 nb)11Total(5 wickets, 83 overs)248Fall of wickets:
1-33, 2-33, 3-43, 4-81, 5-248Pakistan XI bowlingOversMdnsRunsWktsWidesNo-BallsUmar Gul13 2530--Mohammad Asif12 2462--Abdul Razzaq9 4162--Arshad Khan25 8480--Shoaib Malik15 3410--Imran Farhat4 0181--Younis Khan5 1200--

Pakistan XI first inningsRunsBallsMins4s6sImran Farhatstill to bat Shoaib Malikstill to bat Taufeeq Umarstill to bat *Younis Khanstill to bat Mohammad Yousufstill to bat +Kamran Akmalstill to bat Abdul Razzaqstill to bat Umar Gulstill to bat Mohammad Asifstill to bat Shahid Yousufstill to bat Arshad Khanstill to bat

Is Khalid Latif Shoaib Mohammad's relative by any chance????? scored 94 off 247 balls.

Faisal Iqbal scored a century :(
Asif bowled better than Gul :(

A disappointing day overall.

How is it disappointing? It is great to see other youngsters coming through. We know what Gul is capableof and he will not perform every match, but it is nice to see others stand and deliver. I still believe Iqbal has alot to offer to Pakistan particulary when we tour Sri Lanka.

Waseem said:
Is Khalid Latif Shoaib Mohammad's relative by any chance????? scored 94 off 247 balls.

Faisal Iqbal scored a century :(
Asif bowled better than Gul :(

A disappointing day overall.

i know mate.But hey a week ago umar gul destroyed pak batting and hasan raza saved them in turn.

I didn't say that Gul and Hasan should have performed today but i don't wanna see Faisal and Asif getting preference over Hasan and Gul.

I am more than happy seeing youngsters scoring heavily and taking lots of wickets but we have seen some of these youngsters before and we know pretty well that they are not international standard.

Looks like Faisal enjoyed himself against the spinners. Its good to see him scoring a century but when it's facing Malik, Arshad, Farhat and YK its not as special as it would be if he was facing some genuine fast bowlers who would be testing his technique against the short stuff which is what would happen against England.

Waseem said:
I didn't say that Gul and Hasan should have performed today but i don't wanna see Faisal and Asif getting preference over Hasan and Gul.

I am more than happy seeing youngsters scoring heavily and taking lots of wickets but we have seen some of these youngsters before and we know pretty well that they are not international standard.

:)) we are talking pakistan here mate.One has the best technique in pak as a batsman and the other is very very good seamer.But trust pak to throw them in the reserves:))

Who said they are getting preference? Did you just get off the phone with Bari and did he confirm their selection? I think if they earn it, they are entitled to good performances and stake their claim too.

Kool down Amir, i just felt it that way and i have seen this happening in Pak cricket before, always expect the unexpected.

I don't really like Faisal Iqbal and Mohammad Asif, you may have different opinion about them:)

Originally Posted by Raz

Amjid Javed said:
pakistan are looking at better bowlers in this game!

He is in the playing xi.:D , so that means Pakistan is looking at better bowler(sami)

khalid latif 94. i guess monsee will be very happy!

Good on young Faisal.

With his back to the wall now, he can show what he is made of. This is the time to show his temperament, with a little bit of luck.

Amjid Javed said:
khalid latif 94. i guess monsee will be very happy!

Faisal Iqbal 100 No...you must be dancing naked in the streets, once the Roza is over off course:D :p

The PCB scorecard link has been changed to the faislabad and sialkot match. Anyone got another link?

Any score updates for day 2?

good to see that there is some competition, looks like karachi will get somewhere around 300-350

its up dated now

gull 3 wickts.
razzaq 3 wickts

dani 30 odd runs! 2 wickts as well

Imran Farhat got 89!

Well played

I would love to see Butt and Farhat open against Eng Ger Land.

Pakistan XI is facing a really tough bowling attack::J

shoaib malik is doing exactly what bob said spend time at the crease 20 off 63 balls

Wow Kaneria getiing 39 from 50 balls. Didn't know he could bat aswell. Imran farhat 89 from 94 balls very good. Danish is suprising us all.

Hash said:
Imran Farhat got 89!

Well played

I would love to see Butt and Farhat open against Eng Ger Land.

:14: good to see farhat get runs. also danish kaneria has become a superstar all rounder :))) runs and wkts! well done umar gul also.

good to see sami get a stack load of wickets aswell!

Aurangzeb said:
ahahahaha samster sucking as usual...

:9: he bowled very fast and can bowl all day!

he is future waqar younis in making and should be encouraged! :19:

Amjid Javed said:
:14: good to see farhat get runs. also danish kaneria has become a superstar all rounder :))) runs and wkts! well done umar gul also.

You say well done Umar Gul yet you criticise Mohammad Sami. Just remind me how many wickets Gul took on the first day? How many top order batsmen did Gul get out?

khatishhhhhhh from raz!

on a slightly less violent note ... scorecard suggests a bit of a dead track? tailenders scoring in the 30s ?

Raz said:
You say well done Umar Gul yet you criticise Mohammad Sami. Just remind me how many wickets Gul took on the first day? How many top order batsmen did Gul get out?

gul has just returned from career ending injury. sami has just had a lil spot removed from his foot. if sami cant get likes of farhat/taufeeq out then god help us against england!

Aurangzeb said:
ahahahaha samster sucking as usual...

yeah, look at who he was bowling to, all ex or current internationals.

plus u don't even know what the pitch conditions were like, so no need to slag him of.

sami sucks as usual.Not suprising.

What a spear head.Average of 47 and strike rate of 87 spanning over 21 tests.
What a dream!A nation which produced good quickies over the years is being led by a hair obsessed fellow.

Shabash.Sami.Still You bowled all day with 'good' effort and stamina.Wickets don't matter.

I've always been a Farhat fan but he's too impulsive and has had many chances at opening. I want to see what Malik's made of, he turned himself into a 45+ average ODI batsman under Woolmer. Can he do the same in test matches?

I dont see why not.

Mercenary said:
I've always been a Farhat fan but he's too impulsive and has had many chances at opening. I want to see what Malik's made of, he turned himself into a 45+ average ODI batsman under Woolmer. Can he do the same in test matches?

I dont see why not.

Merc i totally agree with you on Malik in test. I am sure he will do good, i hope they will open with malik in the last practice match at lahore. and if they can try to have malik in the warm up matches against england, you think its posible or they cant have him against england in warm up matches?

yk said:
yeah, look at who he was bowling to, all ex or current internationals.

plus u don't even know what the pitch conditions were like, so no need to slag him of.

he's playing against his own team-mates...na'mean?...he should know their weaknesses...anyways, just because i don't support shoaib's inclusion over sami doesn't mean i'm a sami fan...he's the best we've got so whatever...hopefully he can get a couple of wickets for karachi...

shoaib malik shuold open the batting.. hopefully farhat (or any other opener) can give some consistent performances. Just need someone to hold on end of the crease

i really want to see the Razzaq of the 99 world cup.. the gaping run up, the quick action, a totally different bowler.. Hopefully he can regain that spark

the pcb has gone one full circle by re-inducting bygones like taufeeq, farhat and khalil. somethings never change. i just hope all three of them are a disaster, like they have been for the most part of their careers.

faisal iqbal what do they see in him his a nervous wreck wen eva he comes to bat. ofcourse he wil score runs everyone has there day. jus hope bob dosnt pay too much attention. on form umer gul and hasan rana are paks two best bowls

Amjid Javed said:
gul has just returned from career ending injury. sami has just had a lil spot removed from his foot. if sami cant get likes of farhat/taufeeq out then god help us against england!

Gul has JUST returned?? Oh i see and almost 6 months in your books is just returning?? He was bowling in the 20/20 tournament in April. Face it Amjid your wrong in this respect.

I dont want to undermine Gul. I think he is an incredible talent and has a bright future ahead of him.

Amjid Javed said:

I dont know why desis always have such an uneven mentality. Just because he struggles once or twice, it doesnt mean he's the worst bowler ever born. Its the same with Shaoib. I dont know hwy you guys feel the need for such a hard line on everything.
So maybe he struggled today but played well against Australia A. No one makes it to this level of cricket because they are horrible bowlers. KEep an open mind and take the results as they come.
I know he's not as bad as you think, but he's also not as good as his supporters say.

Gasherbrum said:
khatishhhhhhh from raz!

on a slightly less violent note ... scorecard suggests a bit of a dead track? tailenders scoring in the 30s ?

Possibly and/or perhaps bowlers not penetrative enough?

And no wild thoughts gasher.

Malik shouldn't even be playing test cricket given his lack of footwork and technique so he especially shouldn't be opening. Farhat and Butt haven't exactly cemented their places but opening with Malik is no better than opening with Kamran Akmal or Razzaq.

Amjid Javed said:
:14:good to see farhat get runs. also danish kaneria has become a superstar all rounder :))) runs and wkts! well done umar gul also.

Go ahead and make fun now, while praising your favorite Flat Track Bully

But the highlight of the day was the belligerence of Imran Farhat who as usual batted with gay abundance. The left-hander, who helped himself to 17 boundaries, escaped being dismissed for 20 when Karachi skipper Hasan Raza dropped a simple catch at second slip off Test fast bowler Mohammad Sami.

:21: :21:

also i dont hear people applauding razzaq's wickets?

pants and trousers said:
also i dont hear people applauding razzaq's wickets?

You will hear enough of the "Oh he is a pie thrower, he is useless, he performs once in a clue moon..."

Don't worry I can almost feel those ACC's arriving any moment

(ACC: Arm Chair Critics:D )

Monsee said:
Go ahead and make fun now, while praising your favorite Flat Track Bully

But the highlight of the day was the belligerence of Imran Farhat who as usual batted with gay abundance. The left-hander, who helped himself to 17 boundaries, escaped being dismissed for 20 when Karachi skipper Hasan Raza dropped a simple catch at second slip off Test fast bowler Mohammad Sami.

:21: :21:

he took advantage of his chance and scored big runs. A sign of a good batsman. Doesn't let a second chance slip.

Hash said:
he took advantage of his chance and scored big runs. A sign of a good batsman. Doesn't let a second chance slip.

Do you honestly think he will have similar chances at the highest level...more often than not, he will be walking to the pavillion in a similar situation

BTW, my last post was to show Amjid that figures or score cards don't tell the whole story

He is fast to appreciate a chancy innings by Farhat without ever seeing the game YET Maliks 64 in WI were all crap

Double Standards or what

monsee please dont argue with aj...aj is the best judge of a player the world has ever seen..if he says sami sucks then sami sucks...

aj, u the man!

IMMY69 said:
monsee please dont argue with aj...aj is the best judge of a player the world has ever seen..if he says sami sucks then sami sucks...

aj, u the man!

I have sinned...I am a bad man:6: :6:

Ok I am ready to accept all my sins...is preacher AJ available to hear my confession
:p

Back