Pakistan v SA | World T20 | 1st Semi-final| Trent Bridge| 18/6/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAJ

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
Under than 10 hrs to go now and I can't hardly wait for the match to get underway.

It's about time Misbah and Malik fired today and I hope the bowlers continue with their good form.

How is the weather? In Oslo it is raining, but I hope the weather is clear over there.

Good luck Pakistan!

No rain expected today, should be a good match. People have been saying the key men are Afridi or Gul, or even a firing Misbah or Malik, in my opinion, its Hasan and Akmal. They get going, help us post 180+, and the game shall be ours.

Blitz said:
No rain expected today, should be a good match. People have been saying the key men are Afridi or Gul, or even a firing Misbah or Malik, in my opinion, its Hasan and Akmal. They get going, help us post 180+, and the game shall be ours.

Yeah I agree Hasan and Akmal are key men in front and if they provide a good start (50+ runs in PP) it will be excellent, but then we need some1 to take advantage of the good start, that is why Malik and Misbah will be important.

You saw India against SA? India got a good start but the middle order ruined their run chase..

Malik is the weakest link in our lineup as he hasn't done anything in this tournament at all. Misbah has done OK but hasn't really fired the way he should. If it was upto me, I would bring in Ahmed Shehzad in place of Malik and make him bat at no.3. He can do better than Malik (given his form these days) and for bowling, well Fawad can bowl those 1-2 middle overs in place of Malik...

But I highly doubt if that happens. Malik sab despite of all his bad performences would still stick around. I hope his batting doesn't comes and the top order bats well otherwise we might see another 28 ball 22 runs which won't help the cause!

We have to bat first because South Africa will defend anything over 130, even 120 maybe.

Oxy said:
Getting very nervous now!

Same here.. I am starting to get the "butterflies in my stomach" feeling perhaps from anticipation more then nervousness.

45 minutes to go ...lets hope Pakistan show their best perfomence of the tounament and beat the best team of the world .

Oxy said:
Getting very nervous now!

Tell me about it. Sky sports just showed a replay of the final 2 years back against India, put a bit of a dampner.

Uzzy said:
Tell me about it. Sky sports just showed a replay of the final 2 years back against India, put a bit of a dampner.

I bet the guy doing the videos is an Indian.

kingusama92 said:
Same here.. I am starting to get the "butterflies in my stomach" feeling perhaps from anticipation more then nervousness.

Just know what you are talking about man, because I am feeling just like you.

Inshallah Today we will see couple of quick fire 50's , my bet is on Akamal , Razzak and major contributions from Afridi and Misbah.
Gul to break his 20/20 record and afridi along with Ajmal to bamboozle the South Africans.

yeah skysports showed the highlights made me realise how much we are missing Nazir he was unlucky to get run out but was firing before that he defintely is a big match player as shown with his confident batting infront of a big audience in an icl final.

cricketpassion said:
nasir hussain say watch out for gul .pitch will assist him

so pacers will get more assistance than spinners?......don't like it!

NAsser Husaain cracking me up with his 5mins out in the middle!

undisputed said:
yeah skysports showed the highlights made me realise how much we are missing Nazir he was unlucky to get run out but was firing before that he defintely is a big match player as shown with his confident batting infront of a big audience in an icl final.

Can we concentrate on this present team?

bat first

bat first :))) if anything saf is weakest while batting first they dont know the target...pak lineup is weak for batting expose them in a big game against a top saf attack might be a disaster

Last edited:
It's a new pitch - not the ones that they have been playing on previously.

Gul should get reverse swing according to Nasser Hussain - abrasive pitch

Come on Pakistan.

Pakistan Zindabad.

Wow, I havent had this butterflies in stomach feeling or ages from Pakistan Cricket.
Feels good!

Oxy said:
NAsser Husaain cracking me up with his 5mins out in the middle!

its like he was advising more to South African dont play afridi like this dnt play ajmal like that

cricketpassion said:
its like he was advising more to South African dont play afridi like this dnt play ajmal like that

He was jumping all over the crease complete shambles thats with Afridi being there!

I think this pitch will get some turn in the later stages of the game, so if we win the toss we should bat 1st.

Toss in a couple of minutes.

If Pakistan win the toss - I reckon they will bat first.

Afridi_Fan said:
I think this pitch will get some turn in the later stages of the game, so if we win the toss we should bat 1st.

I agree with you .best way will be to set up the target and put them under pressure

Asalaam alikum wr wb;

Very interesting analysis by nasser hussain regarding pakistani and south african fast and spin bowlers. Was interesting listening to him say what shot batsmen must'nt play against afridi, ajmal, botha and van der merwe.

Also Charles colville was saying that pakistan is peaking at the right team whereas south africa has a settled team and are ready to remove the chokers tag. Nick knight said it's not necessary that if south africa lose then they deserve chokers tag, it could be down to outstanding performance by pakistan team.

Anyways south africa is favourites no doubt and pakistan have score to settle. Geoof Allot said he asked wasim akram which pakistan team will show up today and wasim said they looked good whilst training on the field warming up.

Nasser hussain said a different wicket being used which is abrasive and will suit umar gul cause of the reverse swing in the death overs.

Time for toss !!!!!

1700: Toss news: Younis Khan calls correctly and decides to bat first. "Looks dry out there," he says, eyeing some spinnage later.

Exactly what i feel.Now we need to post 150+

Did Younis Khan just said, they will try to win and go to the Semi Final!!???

Pakistan Team Won the toss..and younis khan has decided to bat first. Younis said wicket could become slow later on and suitable for spinners and will become difficult to chase.

Smith shows had he won the toos then he would have batted first too.

Batting first... correct decision.

Spinners will play a role in the 2nd innings for sure.

Inshallah we will make 160-170 today.

unchanged team so we have got the team we wanted no complaints there

Good decision Younus lets rake up those 6's i wanna see us get upto 170

good we won the toss and batting first.. we must score a good score i.e. 160+ would be ideal..

I never been so excited for Pak game ina long time ago. Come on boys, do it for your fans!

how should pakistan approach this game, if they bat sensibly they will keep wickets in hand but the score may be low, if they hit out and play fearless cricket they might collapse.

Guys i am tense, excited and have my expectations in check ( Not too high not to low !!!) ....

Ohhh we need a good start.... ALLAH please duahain sunn lein ...please give us Victory.. INSHALLAH Pakistan will win today ...Ameen summa Ameen.

My hands are getting cold due to tension & excitement !

I'm more nervous about this game than I was for the 2007 final!

I am nervous big time. SA is seriously a good team. I hope Pakistan match them today, and win, Inshah-Allah.

Hopefully they will aim for around 160-170 rather then aim for 190 and end up with 130

Toss Pakistan have chosen to bat. "Chasing could be tough. It's another do or die."

Smith: "We would have also batted; it looks like it will get slower later on. We just have to bowl well. We are excited. We have had a good time so far. Kallis is back. Unfortunately Morne Morkel misses out. We are well-balanced team and should be able to adapt to the wicket."

According to the pitch doctors, it's expected to assist spin later on. Kepler Wessels reckons 160 would be a very good score on this track.

I just hope that if required, YK will promote someone like Umar Gul if we just need a few 6s at the end - he doesnt hang about

160-170, and I will be more than positive that our bowlers will defend that sort of total.

Oxy said:
I'm more nervous about this game than I was for the 2007 final!

Seem here !!!..... Guys come on shoot away with batting strategy for pakistan.... suggestions

i dont care if we score 170 or 180 or just 90 ...all i care about is that pakistan to win..thats alll...inshaallah....

go pak..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back