Pakistan V South Africa | 1st ODI | Abu Dhabi | 29/10/10 | Pak Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Passion4Pakistan

First Class Captain
Runs
So 45mins to Go.. Wishing Best of Luck to Pakistan To win the Match And give Us some Enjoyable Moments to cheer.

:yk My Key Man.. Hope he will do well Today.

Last edited:
I was waiting for this thread.

Good luck Pakistan.

I have a dilemma/issue:

I want pakistan to bat first as that will be our biggest chance to win the game but I want to watch the batting as well.

The problem is I can't watch Pakistan's batting if they bat first as I will still be at work. If they bat second then I can InshaAllah watch the batting but Pakistan chasing under light isn't a great sight as they often collapse.

But I want Pakistan to win, that is more importan than me watching so let's hope we win the toss and bat first! :)

I think, Pakistan Should Bat First if they won the toss. that will help them to get some reverse swing later in the Evening.

But Honestly speaking, I have no clue how the Pitch gonna behave in this ODI.

I have a dilemma/issue:

I want pakistan to bat first as that will be our biggest chance to win the game but I want to watch the batting as well.

The problem is I can't watch Pakistan's batting if they bat first as I will still be at work. If they bat second then I can InshaAllah watch the batting but Pakistan chasing under light isn't a great sight as they often collapse.

But I want Pakistan to win, that is more importan than me watching so let's hope we win the toss and bat first! :)

Ha Ha.. Its better not to Watch Pakistan Batting While Chasing.. :D

I think we dont stand a chance but lets hope for the best

Bat First and anything above 270 is Defend able. with 3 spinners Pak having .the pitch will slow down at the end..

Ten Cricket ( Taj Television ) Has started their Live Telecast.. I think within 4-5mins Toss will happen.

Salaam to All brothers. Hope our lost pride is restored today. Hope we thrash the Saffers to dust today.

I am very Happy that Umar Overrated Akmal is dropped. Great news

Afridi batting first.

Younis, Shafiq and Alam in.

Farhat,Shaizab and big suprise Umar Akmal is out!

Farhat and Shahzaib dropped too.. eh.. Thank God !

Farhat, Shahzaib & Umar Akmal dropped and Fawad, Shafiq and Younus comes in.

Good team selection I would say...I hope the trio Younis, Asad and Fawad performs well and cement their places in OIDS.

Does anyone know if the match will be shown on Geo Super?????

nope not on Geo.

Here is complete list....

Australia: Fox Sports

Bangladesh : Ten Sports

Canada : ATN (Cricket Plus or CBN)

European Countries : ARY Digital

India : Ten Cricket and also H/L in Ten Sports

Middle East : Ten Sports

Nepal : Ten Sports

Pakistan : Ten Sports

South Africa and other african nations : Super Sport

Uk : Zee Cafe ( not sure about this one though).

Alam Ahead of Umar is even a Big Joke. lets see How Afridi's Karachi XI plays.

nope not on Geo.

Here is complete list....

Australia: Fox Sports

Bangladesh : Ten Sports

Canada : ATN (Cricket Plus or CBN)

European Countries : ARY Digital

India : Ten Cricket and also H/L in Ten Sports

Middle East : Ten Sports

Nepal : Ten Sports

Pakistan : Ten Sports

South Africa and other african nations : Super Sport

Uk : Zee Cafe ( not sure about this one though).
Damm, I could only find a link for Geo Super. Im trying to find a link

Alam Ahead of Umar is even a Big Joke. lets see How Afridi's Karachi XI plays.

Dont say Karachi 11. Dropping overrated Umar is for his own good. This is to show him that he should earn his place by performing. I am from Peshawar and not Karachi btw.

Umar Akmal dropped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what idiots!!!!!!!!!!! :pissed:

Hmmmm...

Shahzaib and Farhat being dropped is good news...

Umar Akmal is a talented player, good fielder,.... I think he should have stayed instead Hafeez should have gone..

Maybe They took Umar Akmal out to teach him a lesson that he needs to calm the hell down....

Pakistan best of luck, we love you no matter what.

PAKISTAN ZINDABAAAD

cricinfo, still havent started there preview on this match, instead they have put up Salman butt match fixing poster....

the CRICINFO people are full of bias and retarded ********!

Umar Akmal Dropped... I think It was required.. Umar Needs to realize that His Place in the team is not for Granted. That will help him to improve his Game. Lets hope he takes it positively..

Order showed on tencricket

M.Hafeez
A.Shafiq(wk)
Z.Haider(wk)
Misbah
Afridi(c)
Fawad
Younus
Gul
Akhtar
Ajmal
Razzaq

The team...i just caught the end bit of it...

Hafeez
Shafuq
Younus
Misbah
Fawad
Afridi
Razzaq
Zoni
Gul
Ajmal
Shoaib

How can these jokers drop Umar Akmal if he is not injured?????????

I am really hurt!

Pakistan team
Asad Shafiq, Mohammad Hafeez, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq, Fawad Alam, Shahid Afridi*, Abdul Razzaq, Zulqarnain Haider†, Umar Gul, Shoaib Akhtar, Saeed Ajmal

Why do Afridi majority of time wins the toss ?

Any answer.

Is he only capable of only winning a Toss.

How can these jokers drop Umar Akmal if he is not injured?????????

I am really hurt!

Who else do you suggest should have been dropped to accomodate Fawad?

Apart from Hafeez still in the side, cant disagree with the rest of it!

Afridi has just gone up in my estimation!!

Dropping Farhat is a great move but i'm even more impressed by hus decision to leave out Umar Akmal.. For all his talent he just wasn't doing it with the bat and a 'rest' may just allow him to gain some perspective!!

People here are saying why Umar Akmal is dropped. Simple answer he was NOT performing. His last 5 ODI scores are 19, 21, 14, 28 & 43. He is not undroppable and its better for him he realizes this.

Asad Shafiq, Mohammad Hafeez, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq, Fawad Alam, Shahid Afridi*, Abdul Razzaq, Zulqarnain Haider†, Umar Gul, Shoaib Akhtar, Saeed Ajmal

^It's beautiful :)

EDIT: Well, it's not perfect since Misbah is still there and we're lacking firepower because of Umar's absence but I prefer this over having Farhat.

Afridi: The track looks good, we have 3 changes. Shafiq, Younis Khan and Fawad Alam are in. I would want to set an example as a captain and perform well. We need to first bat the full quota of 50 overs. Umar Akmal, Hasan and Farhat miss out.

Pakistan team Asad Shafiq, Mohammad Hafeez, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq, Fawad Alam, Shahid Afridi*, Abdul Razzaq, Zulqarnain Haider†, Umar Gul, Shoaib Akhtar, Saeed Ajmal

South Africa team GC Smith, HM Amla, JH Kallis, AB de Villiers†, JP Duminy, CA Ingram, DA Miller, J Botha*, M Morkel, LL Tsotsobe, CK Langeveldt

I personally think its a good selection apart from Misbah. They should of had Umar Akmal instead of Misbah

Pitch report: The wicket will be good to bat on. The groundsmen are using a spray to prevent the dew which helps the pitch stay the same throughout. There is not much grass as compared to T20s. Batting will be a lot easier and it's always good to bat first and put runs on the board feels Pommie Mbangwa.

My problem with that side is we have too many slow players in that team...Hafeez, Younus, Misbah and Fawad but hopefully thats a side that can bat till 40 over and leave Afridi, Razzaq and Zoni with the last 10...

Really happy Shahzaib and Farhat got dropped...and even happier that Fawad and Shafiq made it...

And screw at me if you like but I'm also ok with UAkmal being dropped...maybe he might not view his place in the team as a given and play like he needs to play well everytime he steps on a cricket pitch rather than treat responsibility like his captain...

I have to say I am very satisfied with that selection...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back