Pakistan V South Africa | 1st ODI | Abu Dhabi | 29/10/10 | Pak Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from Hafeez still in the side, cant disagree with the rest of it!

Afridi knows Razzaq cant Bowl his 10 overs with getting beaten for runs. So somebody has to share the overs. and Hafeez is the best choice.

Umar Akmal finally dropped finally some sanity prevails the guy needs a little reality check he has really taken his place for granted.

Would've liked to see Wahab in and Misbah out, but otherwise I like the changes.

Afridi knows Razzaq cant Bowl his 10 overs with getting beaten for runs. So somebody has to share the overs. and Hafeez is the best choice.

That's why they should bring a genuine all-rounder who can bowl well in Hafeez's place and leave Razzaq only for batting

Afridi has done good to drop Akmal, its time the lad went away and improve his game and sorted his head out!

Afridi has just gone up in my estimation!!

Dropping Farhat is a great move but i'm even more impressed by hus decision to leave out Umar Akmal.. For all his talent he just wasn't doing it with the bat and a 'rest' may just allow him to gain some perspective!!

You will soon be an Afridite once you know the beast well enough. :afridi

I have a good feeling about today's game. Even if we lose, it wont be a disaster. I am sensing a close match. :jm

Hopefully this will make Umar Akmal realize his spot in the team is not just going to be given to him like that.

Really, really need this win.

Good XI :14:

It's the best they could do with the squad selected. Hopefully this will give the long overdue kick up the behind that Umar Akmal needs.

If Razzaq cant complete his overs he needs to be played as just a batsmen and another bowler should be picked with hafeez being dropped!

good thing he is dropped...he will realise he dosnt have any special privelages...he needs to get his act togethor...hes been constantly flopping with the bat

i am guessing its not on eurosport 2 then even tho they were saying they are showing the series lol

Pakistan need to put a total of 240+ on here tonight i recon!

Give ths Spinners something to bowl to later on!

I am too happy that Overrated Akmal is dropped. He should learn his lesson now.

Why is that good? What a joke.

Because he is just hogging a spot in the team without performing for quite a while now. This will help him in sorting out his head and when he sees his spot in the team being threatened, you'll be surprised to see how quickly he will find his form back.

We need U Akmal in our team long term. But we also have to make sure that it is a performing U Akmal, not a dud U Akmal we've been getting lately.

Hope Shafiq does well as an opener. Don't want him dropped.

And I'm happy with Hafeez's inclusion in the team. With Razzaq's decline, he's actually quite useful.

i am guessing its not on eurosport 2 then even tho they were saying they are showing the series lol

It was already confirmed that the first two ODI's will not be shown live but highlights would be an option.

Pitch. Ten Cricket's Pommie Mbangwa reckons that the pitch looks dry and that the spinners will come into play in the afternoon. He also expects that dew will play its part later on.

To much hate towards our best batsman! I need to punch myself to try to realize he is actually dropped! :pissed:

It's good because we know his issue is more mental than anything - he obviously has the talent/ability, but just hasn't been coming through for a while. Repeated failure must make him feel like crap, hopefully a break can help him sort things out. I am confident that he will come back strongly.

Lol this could be the best thing for him honestly...he may treat his place with more care next time he gets an opportunity...hes now got a sense that he isnt indispensable and hopefully this will bring the best out of him the next time he plays...

I dont think I have felt this impressed with a team selection as I have today for a while...

Steyn is a big miss...anyone know why he isnt playing?...

Because he is just hogging a spot in the team without performing for quite a while now. This will help him in sorting out his head and when he sees his spot in the team being threatened, you'll be surprised to see how quickly he will find his form back.

We need U Akmal in our team long term. But we also have to make sure that it is a performing U Akmal, not a dud U Akmal we've been getting lately.

I understand your logic but dropping him now before the preparation of WC is silly. Misbah?????? Old Misbah???? What is he doing in the team?

Pakistan havent NEVER beaten S.A in a bilateral ODI series. Lets hope that changes!

I understand your logic but dropping him now before the preparation of WC is silly. Misbah?????? Old Misbah???? What is he doing in the team?

Agree, I'd rather see Misbah dropped than him, but Misbah seems to be politically undroppable.

Yeah well him being replaced with Misbah of all people is a whole different case altogether.

Anyways enjoy the game! Let's pray Pakistan win!

I want Shafiq to score a century today. Make it happen :shafiq

asad shafique opening?!

great... send the youngster out, smh.

From Cricinfo:

Osman writes in his bulletin: "Fawad Alam's lower-order rescues in England keep him in the 50-over side, as do Asad Shafiq's impressively calm debut in the same series. But there is a reality check for Umar Akmal, dropped for the first time since his spectacular debut last year, though the need to accommodate Misbah-ul-Haq seems to have compelled the move."

I still cant believe Farhat is dropped! how could the selectors do that. Have they gone sane?

thanks man...didnt no that

so they are showing the last three then?

That's right, btw szency is in talks over a new deal :p

I must say, im impressed the amount of confidence asad has in him and another wide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back