Pakistan v South Africa | 2nd ODI | Dubai | 1/11/2013 | Pakistan innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never understood why Misbah can't just come in and at the very least pick up singles. Surely he's been playing lone enough to tap and run? Innings completely draws to a halt when he comes out.

The Umar tag team both itching to get in there and tear up the SA attack.

their fielding is soo good... over 30 runs stopped and that jamsheed,s catch was awesome too.

This is teh same plan teams use against india... bowl short. Difference .. they have virat kohli and dhawan.

72/2 in 19 is a solid platform & 250 definitely is on from here .

Stike rate of 31. 0.31 x 360 balls = 111 runs. That is what Misbah's strike rate is taking us towards.

What usually happens is that he scores slowly, so his opposite number, in this case Shehzad, will try to make up for his partner's terrible scoring rate by taking a risk, in order to drag Pakistan to a respectable total. This will get said batsman out and a barrage of criticism will follow.

In the meantime, Misbah will graft his way to a match-losing, top-scoring 50, thereby making him utterly immune from criticism.

//Rant

Stike rate of 31. 0.31 x 360 balls = 111 runs. That is what Misbah's strike rate is taking us towards.

What usually happens is that he scores slowly, so his opposite number, in this case Shehzad, will try to make up for his partner's terrible scoring rate by taking a risk, in order to drag Pakistan to a respectable total. This will get said batsman out and a barrage of criticism will follow.

In the meantime, Misbah will graft his way to a match-losing, top-scoring 50, thereby making him utterly immune from criticism.

//Rant

Well summed up. Root cause of all evils.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

The man with the golden arm is in the attack now :p

Shehzad deserves a big score today, much better innings than usual.

Shehzad to get out after scoring his fifty. Within 10 runs most probably.

Powerful shot, single. 1000 runs in the year for Misbah.

I've never understood why Misbah can't just come in and at the very least pick up singles. Surely he's been playing lone enough to tap and run? Innings completely draws to a halt when he comes out.

I have observed it too and thee conclusion I have reached is that he just doesn't have it in him or that he just doesn't want to.The collapse excuse is brought up often but I don't understand how a batting collapse can prevent you from taking singles.His is just a one dimensional player, a very good one but that's it.

That is why I believe he is better coming down the order at 6.He can play there very well.

I appreciate everything Misbah has done over the last couple of years for Pakistan but the guy has got to improve his strike rate at the start of his innings.

He may end with a strike rate of 80 but he is putting unnecessary pressure on his partner at the other end with the lack of strike rotation.

it's funny others countires people appreciate misbah so much

Ball to Misbah, dot, ball to Misbah, dot. "Misbah is such a great batsmen, doesn't through his wicket away". Misbah is a wall who builds pressure for those around him.

Misbah needs to get a move on now, Pakistan in a fairly good position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back