Pakistan v South Africa | 3rd ODI | Abu Dhabi | 6/11/2013 | South Africa innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aman

Test Captain
Runs
SA have won the toss and have elected to bat first.

Pakistan: Ahmed Shehzad, Mohammad Hafeez, Asad Shafiq, Misbah-ul-Haq*, Umar Amin, Umar Akmal†, Shahid Afridi, Sohail Tanvir, Wahab Riaz, Saeed Ajmal, Mohammad Irfan

South Africa: HM Amla, Q de Kock†, JP Duminy, AB de Villiers*, F du Plessis, DA Miller, R McLaren, DW Steyn, M Morkel, LL Tsotsobe, Imran Tahir

Last edited:
Really should be up 2-0 right now, it's gonna cost us. If we were, now that Amla and Steyn are back (particularly Amla) even if we messed up this series big time and lost 2 games we could probably still win 3-2. Winning this series now will be tough.

Really should be up 2-0 right now, it's gonna cost us. If we were, now that Amla and Steyn are back (particularly Amla) even if we messed up this series big time and lost 2 games we could probably still win 3-2. Winning this series now will be tough.

Agreed we should be 2-0 up and S.A have some of there best players back, both teams have been shambolic with the bat so far in the series and that needs to improve

WHats happened has happened..... JUst let it go.....

BTW you know, Pakistan could go on to win this series only because of the first lost... that first lost lead us to fight back really hard in the second game, and hopefully Pakistan plays with the same attitude in the rest of the odi series.

a crunch game will require alot of determination come on boyzz :inzi

Very very good to see Waqar and Afridi getting along well together again. Seem to have had a good chat before the game during the training session.

Does Bazid khan have asthama? the way he speaks, he reminds me of stevie from malcolm in the middle

SA won the toss and elected to bat first

At Sh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi:

Pakistan has played 20 matches, 11 won, 9 lost

Their highest scores has been 313 and lowest 130

No Junaid?! Amla is going to take Tanvir to the cleaners today!

Well, atleast it strengthens our middle order. No clue why JK hasn't come back yet, 2 ODIs is enough and this is the make-or-break game. Most likely bowler to get Amla's wicket.

Atleast Hafeez will be back opening. He was a terrible choice for a number 3.

Is Shafiq gonna take #3 spot, I really hope he does, he has a good record at the position...

Mindless selection of Wahab. Amin could have also been left out and Maqsood given a chance.

Graeme Smith has been ruled out of the rest of the series with a post-concussion syndrome.

WOW! Graeme Smith has been ruled out of the rest of the series with a post-concussion syndrome. He was hit by a bouncer while facing Mohammad Irfan in the Dubai Test and will rest for a week or two. Luckily, his MRI scans showed there was no damage to the brain.

If Pak fast bowlers could get Amla out quickly, then Ajmal/Hafeez/Afridi should be able to take care of the remaining batsmen. If Amla gets out in the first 8 overs, then Pakistan should win this match.

If Pak fast bowlers could get Amla out quickly, then Ajmal/Hafeez/Afridi should be able to take care of the remaining batsmen. If Amla gets out in the first 8 overs, then Pakistan should win this match.

I have a better idea! Get Mohammad Irfan to put the rest of the Proteas into post concussion syndromes!! :irfan

Once SA cross the 200 mark... then..... no chance for Pakistan.....

No,it was clarified at the toss that Toss will not matter on this pitch,team batting last will get slight advantage,however it was Kepler who said this :afridi

Not for Pakistan.Advantage or not,we just cannot chase.

For Pakistan in Abu Dhabi, Misbah-ul-Haq has scored the most runs here. 450 runs at an ave of 50 from 12 innings with highest score of 79

Very true... from Cricinfo....

Ibaad: "Only Pakistan can bench a bowler like Junaid Khan for someone like Wahab Riaz. Simply Unbelieveable!"

Very true... from Cricinfo....

Ibaad: "Only Pakistan can bench a bowler like Junaid Khan for someone like Wahab Riaz. Simply Unbelieveable!"

Ohhh Lord! What kind of pathetic selection is this? I can't understand why in the freaking hell would you leave Junaid out? He has been the leader of our pace attack for past 2 years and has been in terrific form in ODIs in the past year or so, the energy and enthusiasm that the guy has is simply mind blowing and he always take key wickets. Even if he doesn't take a wicket, He contain beautifully in the first 10 overs. I don't seem to understand why would someone pick Wahab (who has been utterly disappointing and poor since the WC2011, But just because of that spell in WC, you can't pick up a guy forever who isn't able to perform) and Tanveer (Panka) who is just stupid and pathetic bowler always leaking runs in death overs. I honestly believe Irfan and Junaid is the best Pace attack that Pakistan has currently now in the bowling department. Plus shafiq inclusion is surprising given the fact that he hasn't performed in this format with so many chances given, On the other hand I think Haris Sohail is far more better batsman than Asad and he didn't get the same opportunities other than a few matches.
Once again senseless and dumb selection!!!

For Pakistan in Abu Dhabi, Umar Gul is the highest wicket taker here with 24 wickets. Saeed Ajmal, Shahid Afridi, and Sohail Tanvir are 2nd, 3rd and 4th respectively

Last edited:
Don't know why but as much as I like Quinton de Kock he always looks like he's about to burst into tears when batting at the crease. Remember him being the same in his 5 or 6 ball knock against Pak in the T20 in SA earlier this year too. Kamran Akmal is the same - always looks like he's about to cry or constipate or both, even after hitting a four or six..

Tanvir and de Kock are team mates ;) both play for Lions

Panka (Tanveer) can't even hit 130 mark, what a shame! Junaid is far far superior to anyone in this left handed bowlers in this line up, can't even come close to him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back