Senior ODI Player
Runs
Nearly two hours till it begins.

Rumours are same team will be played.

Your thoughts on team and toss ? ;-)

I'd play the same team

Win toss and bat first

but you never know with pakistan..surprise selections and bowling first :p

btw UAE uptil now has hosted the most boring test matches due to nature of the surfaces

There is nothing wrong with the current lineup. If it wasnt for those dropped catches we'd all be praising those guys. Lets hope that the captain and the coach must have talked to everyone and they would be feeling very confident going in to this match. I hope all the batsmen would get good scores but I am really hoping that Hafeez and Misbah to score big runs in this one.

Apparently this pitch is even flatter, might be worth bringing Rehman in for one of the pacers.

Apparently this pitch is even flatter, might be worth bringing Rehman in for one of the pacers.

Ajmal was rubbish in last test match...

All fast bowlers performed better than him so we cant play Rehman specially against Lanka who have loads of left handers in their batting line-up....

Dilshan: I wicket looks very good. We would like to put runs on the board and put pressure on the Pakistan batsmen. Prasanna Jayawardene is out with a groin injury and Dhammika Prasad is in for Nuwan Pradeep.

Misbah: We were happy with the way we played at Abu Dhabi. We could have got some 30-40 truns more when we declared, but I hope that the team will understand the situation better in this game. We have made one change. Rehman is in for Aizaz Cheema.

1 changes in both squad

Rehman & Dhammika Prasad are in
Prasanna Jayawardene & Aizaz Cheema are out.

Mohammad Hafeez, Taufeeq Umar, Azhar Ali, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq*, Asad Shafiq, Adnan Akmal†, Umar Gul, Saeed Ajmal, Junaid Khan, Abdur Rehman

Pakistan (Playing XI):
Mohammad Hafeez, Taufeeq Umar, Azhar Ali, Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq(c), Asad Shafiq, Adnan Akmal(w), Umar Gul, Abdur Rehman, Saeed Ajmal, Junaid Khan

Sri Lanka (Playing XI):
Tharanga Paranavitana, Lahiru Thirimanne, Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene, Tillakaratne Dilshan(c), Angelo Mathews, Kaushal Silva(w), Rangana Herath, Chanaka Welegedara, Dhammika Prasad, Suranga Lakmal

Don't be so critical of 2 spinner view, this pitch is SO flat. Remember SA match, it made steyn and co. look useless.

Going in with two seamers is very dangerous if someone gets injured we will be only left with one fast bowler....

Risky to play only two fast bowlers. What if Gul breaks down? He already has niggles.

On the other hand AR can be economical and is a decent bat too.

Good luck Pakistan.

Also if I remember last time from SA match, the pitch did break up a bit and Botha and Harris were extracting turn. Just Misbah and Younis were set.

Don't be so critical of 2 spinner view, this pitch is SO flat. Remember SA match, it made steyn and co. look useless.

Remember last time Wahab broke down here in 1st innings here...

What if that happens again???

We must go really aggresive with the new ball and be on the attack.

Junaid Khan & Umar Gul will probably and most likely open.

Even 1 wicket would be a bonus pitch is looking extremely flat compared to last match where there was lots of grass and still only 1 wkt fell in the 1st session

umeed par duniya kayam hai ...:)

these pitches r meant for draw else some exceptional performances..

I want to see Junaid open the bowling for our team. Im sure once he learns to swing the ball the other way he will be lethal. InshaAllah.

Rehman will do wonderful in my opinion, underrated bowler.

40 wickets in 8 test matches!

Swing for Gul but line is not great....

Tarapore from India is umpiring expect some shockers from him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back