Pakistan v West Indies | 1st Test (D/N) | Dubai (DSC) | Oct 13-17, 2016 | Day 1

Asad Shafiq gets free four runs haha

Pitch has NO bounce lol

Personally I've always found deliveries with low bounce (near ankle) tougher than the ones which are over knee roll

Dunno why most subcontinental batsmen find it easier to play delivered which keep so low

Pitch has NO bounce lol

Personally I've always found deliveries with low bounce (near ankle) tougher than the ones which are over knee roll

Dunno why most subcontinental batsmen find it easier to play delivered which keep so low

I believe it's subject of their height.

In subcontinental Avg height is what, around 5"7 5"8. That's why it's easy for them. Specially for short man like Asad.

Just tuned into the match, WI Keeper should stand at least a couple of feet forward. Ball is barely reaching his ankles. Any edge will not carry to the keeper or slips.

Pak should score a bit faster to give themselves more time to bowl out WI twice.

4 overs to go, should get through to close of play just one wicket down hopefully

Pak should score a bit faster to give themselves more time to bowl out WI twice.
Yes we need to up our scoring rate

With 270/1 and scoring at 3rpo it's a bit selfish

Though now it's end of day so it's fine to see it out but talking generally

on what channel u r watching ?

I was just guessing the score at the end of 90 overs.

Pak are set to be at 280/1.

WI must be thrilled that they did not get totally destroyed here. 350/1 would have been disastrous for them.

I was just guessing the score at the end of 90 overs.

Pak are set to be at 280/1.

WI must be thrilled that they did not get totally destroyed here. 350/1 would have been disastrous for them.

well i am asking generally, what channel is showing the match in india ?

One things for sure, if Waqar was still coach Shafiq would never have been promoted from number 6. Keeps harping on about how well he's done in the 'hardest position to bat' lol

Why are some posters calling this selfish batting? This is perfect Day 1 batting... they'll cash in more once they cross 400~450, if they bat that well. No need to hit the gas pedal on Day 1. The idea should be to bat big and bat once. Scoreboard pressure is king.

Why are some posters calling this selfish batting? This is perfect Day 1 batting... they'll cash in more once they cross 400~450, if they bat that well. No need to hit the gas pedal on Day 1. The idea should be to bat big and bat once. Scoreboard pressure is king.

This is probably the first Test they've seen.

Pakistan are going at 3.10 RR - tomorrow with the likes of Babar Azam and Safraz to come, they can easily bump the rate up to 3.5-4 RPO and get 600.

Pakistan dominant, West Indies demoralised.

As one sided a day of Test cricket you'll see.

Good progress at the EOD.

Openers were a bit extra cautious, due to first day-night Test and Pink ball attributes. So I can't blame them.

Azhar needs another 132 runs to get to 4K runs. IA tomorrow. Would be nice for the stats if he gets there. Azhar completes his 4000 test runs in 400th match for Pakistan. And ofcourse his 50th match and probably will be the 5th session.

Azhar needs another 132 runs to get to 4K runs. IA tomorrow. Would be nice for the stats if he gets there. Azhar completes his 4000 test runs in 400th match for Pakistan. And ofcourse his 50th match and probably will be the 5th session.

who hav the record of fastest 4k runs in test ? :inti

i am not criticizing him as batsman. but tonite he looks out of touch confused or something.

I was clearly also referring to his innings and not to him as a batsman, although the innings is obviously an extension of his batsmanship.

You might think that his innings was slow, but in actuality he batted at a faster rate than the overall RR and managed to finish unbeaten.

i am not criticizing him as batsman. but tonite he looks out of touch confused or something.

Did you even watch the match? He played some absolutely lovely shots down the ground and off the back foot. He batted at an impressive sr and was timing the ball beautifully. In the last 10 overs he was struggling with cramps and was trying to get through the day unbeaten.

Some of his shots were beautiful.

Back