Pakistan Vs Bangladesh | 3rd ODI | Lahore

Sheikh

T20I Debutant
Runs
A chance to seal the series and in the process try out some new faces. One of Bazid Khan and Fawad Alam are certain to play whilst rumours are around that Sohail Khan will get an overdue game as well. Here's hoping the pitch is similar to the one in the first game and there's something in it for the fast bowlers. About an hour to go before the toss...

Pakistan (likely) 1 Salman Butt, 2 Nasir Jamshed, 3 Bazid Khan, 4 Mohammad Yousuf, 5 Shoaib Malik (capt), 6 Misbah-ul-Haq, 7 Shahid Afridi, 8 Kamran Akmal (wk), 9 Sohail Tanvir, 10 Rao Iftikhar, 11 Sohail Khan.

Bangladesh (likely) 1 Tamim Iqbal, 2 Shahriar Nafees, 3 Aftab Ahmed, 4 Mohammad Ashraful (capt), 5 Shakib Al Hasan, 6 Mahmudullah, 7 Mashrafe Mortaza, 8 Farhad Reza, 9 Dhiman Ghosh (wk), 10 Syed Rasel, 11 Abdur Razzak.

Straight Bat said:
is that the starting line up in your orignial post?

Fawad Alam in with Nasir injured, Bazid in for Younis and Sohail for Gul

Toss: Pakistan have won the toss and they will be batting.

Team news: Pakistan have made three changes in their team. Bazid Khan, Sohail Khan and Fawad Alam comes in for Younis Khan, Umar Gul and Nasir Jamshed. Bangladesh make one change, Shahadat Hossain for Syed Rasel.

Nasir Jamshed dropped after 2 games and Gul and Younus Khan are out as well. Bazid, Fawad and Sohail Khan come in!

Probably look something like this:

1) Butt
2) Akmal
3) Bazid/Malik
4) Yousuf
5) Bazid/Malik
6) Misbah
7) Alam
8) Afridi
9) Tanvir
10) Rao
11) Khan

no wahab .... grrrr .. malik u pansy .. grow a pair and play 4 quicks !

dirk diggler said:
Pak 6-0 off 3 overs. is it a difficult pitch or are Butt and Akmal struggling?

not difficult but slowish..and odd bowl bounces if it lands on the grassy area of the pitch.

saj is a good 30 seconds ahead of my feed ... i wish there was some way to delay the commenting feed.

dirk diggler said:
Pak 6-0 off 3 overs. is it a difficult pitch or are Butt and Akmal struggling?
Butt is struggling to get the ball of square.................business as usual from so called talented youngster :pissed:

The bowlers getting a little tired here. It basically depends on who loses this their patience first. The bowlers or the batsmen after a tight session of play.

the true passionist said:
The bowlers getting a little tired here. It basically depends on who loses this their patience first. The bowlers or the batsmen after a tight session of play.
The runs flowing a bit, so it maybe the bowlers.

anyone still not think kamran is a better ODI opener than butt ?

why the funk are ARY showing the India match??? I thoguht ARY was a Pkaistani channel...

Now they are saying that they will resume the Pakistan match once the test mact between India and SA is finished!

Last edited:
Pakistan destroying BD early. This could be a 350+ score.

iZeeshan said:
Stupid ARY! Replaced Pak-Bang with India-SAF crap.

What the hell are thye trying to do, lose the only customer base they have?

Any guesses at who will come at 3? Bazid? Shahid? FAWAD? (really really hope so!)

100 run opening partnership .. when was the last time this happened for us ..

iZeeshan said:
Any guesses at who will come at 3? Bazid? Shahid? FAWAD? (really really hope so!)

Looks like Bazid from the line-up.

Fawad Alam a 7 probably won't even get a chance or just a few overs in the slog overs, he is number 5 batsmen quite comfortably but that part of Pakistan's line-up is a bit too crowded at the moment.

kashif77 said:
how about now ?

Akmal has played after a relatively shaky start but that apart comparing Akmal and Butt just doesn't make sense. They have different roles in the team.

Pakistan's problem since the departure of Amir Sohail and Saeed Anwar has not been the scoring rate of the opener but the inability to avoid losing a flurry of wickets in the first 15 overs. Afrdi, Nazir, and Farhat all scored very fast but couldn't build a foundation.

Butt may not be the most charismatic player but he promises something that Pakistan has been looking for years, and that is stability at the top order. We have a lot of middle order and lower order strength. Our batting is lacking a solid opening foundation. And from what i have seen over the recent years Butt is the only opener who has come even close to promising that.

Therefore i think, Pakistan needs to persist with Butt.

Last edited:
iZeeshan said:
Stupid ARY! Replaced Pak-Bang with India-SAF crap.
I left ARY Long time a go,watching it for free man who wants to watch such a armature broadcasting.
Must be Joking not keeping up with their time tables.
such a corrupt organisation.................

Ugh. Fawad has 10x more of a future then Bazid. Fawad should defintely come in next. Or Afridi.

The openers are doing great keep it up.. we are looking like we could do a 315= ...

does anyone have a link online ? the one i buy form aint working and ARY perfer to show India instead ..

It's a dilemma that Kamran Akmal is now doing well... In the long run I'm not sure it's a viable option but I'm glad he is at least being very assertive and completely dominating the BD bowlers.

The openers are doing great keep it up.. we are looking like we could do a 315= ...

yeap they are...and i m not surprise at all...after all this is Bangladesh we are playing against.....its not too long ago when we got beat up by SA at home and India in india....

Why is it not a viable option. He allows us to play an extra bowler if he opens. We shouldnt confuse ODI and test cricket. Find 2 test openers but Akmal is more than capable as an opener for ODIs

the stump mic just picked up kami saying "afridi who ?" :p

this pendu kami will be still playing and keep on droping catches....Sarfaraz will get old on the side ....jeez we can't even try someone against these teams...

Back