Pakistan vs New Zealand | 3rd Test | Abu Dhabi | Dec 3-7, 2018 | Day 5 Thread

DRAW not yet out of contention .

plz..theyll take us to the brink and then blow it like the first test..have you not learnt anything about pakistan cricket yet?? this is why we are all pretty much certified on this forum..lol

The fact that Bilal Asif has 2 FC tons, and averages 20 pretty much proves that domestic performances aren't a good measure of a player in Pakistan.

In Tests under Misbah we never lost a home series in 6,7 years and under Sarfaraz we are on the verge of losing 2 out of 3 series he has captained.

Last edited:
Sarfaraz should step down from the test captaincy and focus on the limited overs cricket since we have the all important world cup coming up.Tests are not his cup of tea!

Sarfaraz should step down from the test captaincy and focus on the limited overs cricket since we have the all important world cup coming up.Tests are not his cup of tea!

there is no replacement and we cant start to rebuild in the middle of a rebuild..its ludicrous..you stay the course..

Babarz shown faith in his abilities under pressure, something we never get to see from veterans azhar and asad

Bilal asif showing patience so far. :14:

This type of inning should have been played by the captain but the less we say about his leading abilities the better.

This pair survives the half hour til tea and they'll start to get some belief that they can save the match for Pakistan.

Totally, I said that even before the start of Aussies test series. He just doesnt have the test match leadership mindset.

Its not just about winning or losing, we may as well draw the test match here, win the SA series etc. Its about making the team perform to an optimal level which he hasnt been able to achieve in tests.

Totally, I said that even before the start of Aussies test series. He just doesnt have the test match leadership mindset.

Its not just about winning or losing, we may as well draw the test match here, win the SA series etc. Its about making the team perform to an optimal level which he hasnt been able to achieve in tests.

Just out of curiosity. Who should take his place?

Bilal Asif’s last innings of his international career. Will be forgotten in the long list of lame cricketers to have played for Pakistan.

Was just thinking that last ball before tea , Bilal will be out and it's out. What is these days with wickets falling just before tea or lunch or right after. In most of the tests happening these days, I see this pattern.

Anyway good resistance from Bilal

Last 3 should be cleaned up now before tea.

I was really hoping Sarfraz would be sacked

Reminds me of our loss to England in 2012/13 at home. I will never got over that defeat.

I am a different person now, prefer not to rub it in when rivals are down.

That's the best thing to do. At the end, we end up losing respect if we do so. Add to that, we invite humiliation when we are at the same end.

Not yet brother. Believe in Bobby!

Irrespective of the result Sarfaraz’s captaincy has been poor and in top of that he hasnt been performing with the bat. Look at Williamson, Kohli, Root etc they lead from the front, yes they are middle order batsmen but even the WK batsmen like Dhoni who used to be captain used to do something.

I have never been his hater rather an endorser when he first became captain. But that shouldnt stop me from saying he has been pretty poor over the last few months as captain and as a batsman.

He needs to go in tests surely, ODIs 50/50. Should be retained as T20 captain unless we want to groom a young captain in that format.

catching practice

Let's wrap this up before tea so we can all make better use of our time

The way they collapsed in the first test and now thar shot from Yasir Shah... Looks like they just want to throw it away, they don't want to win. Disgusting stuff.

Babar being Babar. To remain not out he is taking single on first ball. Selfish to the core. I hope he will not remain not out.

Astonished Sarfraz is still skipper after this series

Can't remember the last time pak batted sensibly to save a test match in the 4th innings.

Just out of curiosity. Who should take his place?

Safe choice in tests could be Asad or Azhar, I dont know if they will make a difference but Sarfaraz after loosing 2 out of 3 home series deserves to go. Asad was able to beat Australia and England with Pak A team in warm up matches couple of years ago and also him and Azhar both just play one format so they might be able to concentrate more and use all their enegy in it.

Safe choice in tests could be Asad or Azhar, I dont know if they will make a difference but Sarfaraz after loosing 2 out of 3 home series deserves to go. Asad was able to beat Australia and England with Pak A team in warm up matches couple of years ago and also him and Azhar both just play one format so they might be able to concentrate more and use all their enegy in it.

Azhar Ali was a horrible captain.

It is just a game of cricket. Relax.

For the past 50 years Pakistan has also given painful defeats to Kiwiz at their backyard. 92 semi final, test series wins in 1970’s, 1993, 2004,2011 few drawn series over there 1989,2009 etc etc.

They havent won at our backyard in 49 years. Sum day it was going to end.

The 4th innings collapses have been going on for a very long time

So basically win the toss and bat first and you will win the game v Pak

Incredible how mentally weak all of these are.

How can you not play out 79 overs on a placid track. The wicket hasn't done anything alarming and yet they've all disintegrated. And not for the first time.

Birmingham
Hamilton
Melbourne
Abu Dhabi

And then Sarfraz says "we will not repeat mistakes".

These guys will collapse on a cement track I'm sure. Put them under pressure and they will melt quickly than ice cream under the sun.

there is no replacement and we cant start to rebuild in the middle of a rebuild..its ludicrous..you stay the course..

Asad and Azhar both have played more matches than him and play just tests. They surely cant do any worse than Sarfaraz.

I would rather have no captain for my team than having Azhar and Shafiq.

Babar's consistency in Test cricket has been the only positive for Pakistan cricket over the last few months.

Back