Pakistan vs Sri Lanka | 1st Test | Abu Dhabi | 1/1/14 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent from SriLanka.This is called captaincy, Misbah learn something about field placement.

The three new boys in our test squad are gone playing in ODI fashion. Giving their wickets away. I said this before the test that these three apart from Manzoor will not be able to play the big knock. You cant transfer from ODIs into test cricket, different format.

This will be a key partnership. If Lanka get either of these oldies out then we'll be in big trouble

The three new boys in our test squad are gone playing in ODI fashion. Giving their wickets away. I said this before the test that these three apart from Manzoor will not be able to play the big knock. You cant transfer from ODIs into test cricket, different format.
Shehzad is capable but not Hafeez. Shehzad has very good temperament just was done by excellent captaincy.

Ishant Lakmal Avg. 175 in last 7 tests :bow:

no wonder the great contest with our Hafeez averaging around 10 or so in the last 10 or so test innings (i'm not in stats guru, going by what i recall).

Professor helped improve Lakmal's record!

no wonder the great contest with our Hafeez averaging around 10 or so in the last 10 or so test innings (i'm not in stats guru, going by what i recall).

Professor helped improve Lakmal's record!
Hafeez helping everyone's record. He brought down Steyn's average from 30 to 25.

Anyone ever told Shezzy that he doesnt HAVE to play the short ball?

scary part is we lost our top order already without even seeing herath on second day....

he old heads really have to put on 100+ partnership to get us back in pole position.

Hafeez helping everyone's record. He brought down Steyn's average from 30 to 25.

Steyn has got many top batsment out, to get out to Lakmal on his current form in UAE you must be as smart as a professor.

Some poor comments and rather insensitive stuff from these two in the commentary box. :facepalm:

I hope Pakistan learns a lesson after this game that you shouldn't pick players for different formats depending on performances in another. George Bailey is another example of this not working and dropping Azhar for Hafeez wasn't a good choice IMO.

Younis Khan is really out if form. Feet not moving properly, getting rushed up by Lakmal's pace. Not good signs tbh.

Lol Waqar and his genius commentary. He thinks he is sitting at home with his wife.:waqar

You can say what you like about AA's Strike rate and shot selection but the fact remains that he has never thrown his wicket away like our top three today. And none of these have had a strike rate which is imposing either.

Not boosting or anything, Pak players would be the last to leave a team. :hafeez

how can you say that, few examples come to mind:
zulqarnain haider,
mid-series retirement by Afridi,
some fake injury stories.

Sounds like some pretty dismal and unprofessional commentary, although no surprises at all with the lineup of clowns that's been assembled for this series.

Sounds like some pretty dismal and unprofessional commentary, although no surprises at all with the lineup of clowns that's been assembled for this series.
lolz apologies from me for the commentators.

You have no idea how awful it is to endure this every match

Arnold and Raja are the only decent commentators. The rest of them were picked up randomly.

Waqar seemed to be earnestly asking why ENG players get affected and mused that it may be because of the extensive English county season. It was Chishti who was much more unprofessional. Waqar then joined Chishti's "we are more macho than others" theory:D Unbelievable

Last edited:
Hopefully, these two make big runs even if they bat slow. Pakistan should only bat once.

The worst thing is that these two are so much experienced , yet cannot rotate strike , what impression does that give to youngsters?

Everytime I watch a match being held in UAE, I simply mute the TV.

I'd prefer listening to Athar "My Word" Ali khan than Chisty Mujahid.

This slow batting might hurt Pakistan if they loose couple of wickets here

to all those complaining about slow partnership, you can watch recordings of the ODI series that just ended. this is test cricket, would you rather see a few pretty 4s from Hafeez and then wicket thrown?

we have 3 more days left, i dont care if they bat rest of the day and tomorrow even, we'll have enough runs on the board.

Time is not the issue, there is no chance of Rain either in UAE.

The responses on this thread clearly shows the lack of interest amongst fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back